Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Dancing For Your Life

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Why did they keep showing Loren (winner of the fan vote) keep talking about it? Seems like a dead giveaway to me. Sounds to me like they didn't want her. Will Kelli tell her that she only got in because of the vote?

I feel like they very well might say the fan vote saved her skin, and we've seen in previews that she will be in the office at least once. I don't know much about dance, but I will say that I thought her dance video for the vote was horribad, and I don't think she's that cute in the face either.

So I guess what I'm saying is I'm surprised she ends up making the squad, but stranger things have happened on MTT.

Too many thoughts on the episode to put them all down right now, but I just have to say: 1. Good riddance Morgan, and 2. Breelan's clown face really frightens me.

Edited by Oranaiche

My favorite part of the first episodes are the interview portions.  There is always some girl who comes up with an awesome answer.  How could you not know how many yards there are on a football field?  And a European country that you think would be good expansion for the NFL...I can't believe she said Africa.  

I agree with all! What is up with the obsession with hair? Kitty was out of line. Vivian is so pretty, really lovely BUT I am not loving how much camera time she is given. I just don't like her this year. :0[ It's sad that Shannon (Philadelphia) didn't make it. She would be a great DCC, she just needed a makeover. Maybe she will try out next year.

I hate that Alex was cut. I just love her but all the girls know that you have to super toned to look good on the big screen. Some of the girls in the past, like Brooke Sorenson, possibly wouldn't have made the team today, sad that it is.

Was it me or was the audio off in the interviews? I couldn't hear what Ashley M was saying in her interview. I also couldn't hear Danielle's question. I'm obsessed with this show so I want to hear it all!

Shannon just made the cavs dance team I doubt she will be coming back but I do agree she was awesome she just needed a little makeover

Did anyone see the look Kelsey gave Vivian when she she got up to go to the group at the end....ouch!

mmmm - it's costume. I don't mean to sound bitchy.

I wish I would have saw that

I think what annoys me about Vivian this season is she is ALWAYS looking for the camera. Like when she was at Kitty's doing her solo she kept making eye contact with the camera and it felt weird. Also the way she was sitting in her chair and the look on her face before they announced the fan pick, you can tell she was expecting to win again.

I'm not sad to see Morgan go. She looks old and her facials during the dance were just trying too hard and annoyed me.

I think I'm by myself when I say this but I love Melissa Rycroft. She has always been a favorite of mine

Breelan seems like Chelsea 2.0.

You are Close but think about Breelan seemed bored and annoyed the entire time she's not chelsea she's Jordon 2.0 with less personality and not as pretty

I would imagine that they ask many of the vets what it would be like if they didn't make it so then they would have a selection to choose from.  I do hope they put up many of the solos esp ones that Kelli liked such as Samantha

I surprisingly liked Melissa R. in this episode. I thought some of her behind the scenes commentary on the girls and the process was helpful, and I pretty much agreed with most of her critiques. Charlotte also seemed far less mean girl-ish this year than she has in the past. Maybe they just didn't show many of her comments. 

I'm sorry to see Alex H. go. I always liked her. On the other hand, I'm not sorry to see Morgan go. She shouldn't have made it in the first place given her poor dancing, and she didn't appear to have improved much at all. I never really got to know Courtni through the show, so I can't' say much about her. 

Veronica and Alex seem like they have bodies that are naturally a little thicker (not stick thin), so I can see how both could continuously struggle with DCC's weight and body standards. Hannah's weight gain in her stomach did seem surprising however. She was tiny last year, but she just seemed un-toned, like tryouts caught her by surprise. Maybe she's just over it, but outside of it being due to a medical issue or an effect of medication, it seems like she could lose that extra little bit of weight in her stomach area fairly quickly. 

Melissa (TCC) is amazing, and I thought Erica and Alexandra looked great too. 

Did Judy say about Ashley M..."she's just that bad to me"? Ouch! 

Vivian does seem hyper-focused on the camera this year, and it's' not attractive. Her solo looked awful to me, but Vivian is absolutely gorgeous. I think she's one of the prettiest girls there. 

I wish I would have saw that

I went back and watched it just to see Kelsey's face. She's probably PO'd because 3 vets got cut and Vivian was brought back instead. We know that Courtni is now a DS ice girl; wonder if the other 2 will audition for other teams?

Edited by MrsEVH

Kelsey always has a bitch face. I noticed it last year when they were in their first meeting. Jacie is talking and if you look behind her Kelsey makes a face. I used to really like her but not anymore. She just seems too mean girl.

ITA that Loren's audition video was not good (she definitely did not make my top 10 vote), and I could not even tell until the very end of this episode that she's an attractive girl.  Her whole face, except her chin, gets lost in all that stringy super blonde hair, and she looks kind of surprised with those dark eyebrows.  

I think she looks so much better with her dark hair makeover. You can actually see her facial features, especially her eyes, which didn't stand out at all before.

She needs to tone down that aggressive dance style and facials.  Snarling faces and stomping feet is not hot.  Morgan was making some pretty crazy faces on the field, too.  And yeah, girlfriend was not looking so young or fresh.  I don't think she would have made it, even if she had been on time to her interview.

Judges were ridunculous about Erica's hair and Kitty was an unnecessary bitch to her, agreed.  

Erica is one of the best rookie dancers on the squad--made Show Group this year--and got one of the best makeovers. I have to say I think now she's one of the sexiest rookies.  I peeked at her Instagram page before the season aired, and remember thinking she had gorgeous hair.  When I saw her in the first two episodes, I barely recognized her.  She wears the DCC glamour well!

Vivian is on my last nerve.  I grimaced at the tears in her eyes while saying she hoped she’d brought the "passion and emotion" to her solo that she needed.  How about bringing sharper technique and more lively showmanship?  The goal of each solo should be to prove that you are an exceptional dancer and are very fun to watch. The solo in slow-mo was just a bunch of hair flailing, and her dance kind of screamed awkward and heart broken and “I’m not a lyrical dancer.”  The lyrical style, with all its extensions, also highlighted that she doesn’t have a long, lean dancer’s body.  So all I can imagine about what she was thinking in keeping this dance after Kitty warned her is that somehow, she thought this was the kind of dance that would convey the “emotion and passion” that supposedly makes for good TV and would reflect her “struggle” to become a DCC.  

As for the girl in the interview who thought Africa is a country in Europe, just wow.   The look on TCC Lacey’s face was hilarious, Charlotte's, "I'm sorry?" was great, and I loved that Kelli and Judy laughed at the girl, right in her face.  She totally deserved it.   Just because George W. Bush said Africa is a country doesn’t mean we have to believe him.  

• Love 2

Did anyone watch the extras on CMT?(They put under the episode)  Looks like Breelan had twisted her ankle a while before the auditions. She was still swollen a bit at Kitty Carter's?

And did Kitty scratch that girl? I'm still trying to figure that part out.  i like Kitty, but I would've kicked her ( when i was dancing or something, you know, on the sly) if she did that to me..

Was Loren the girl last year at finals that Kelli and Charlotte said she needs to make prettier facial expressions when dancing?  It kind of looks like her.  Erica's picture in Star magazine is so pretty.  Definitely one of the sexiest pictures. Jennifer M's is the least pretty.  I don't know why that shot was chosen. She should have smiled. She is so pretty!

TCC Mallory and another girl Shelbi (also auditioned for the DCC but didn't make it to finals) both are back on the Texas Star dancers 2014-15 squad. It's gotta suck that 3 of her former TSD teammates made the DCCs/Mavs and she didn't.  Yesterday the TSD had their auditions and picked the squad (only 11) on the same day. I imagine they probably don't get a lot of girls auditioning for them.

Edited by MrsEVH

Was Loren the girl last year at finals that Kelli and Charlotte said she needs to make prettier facial expressions when dancing?  It kind of looks like her.

I think you're right.  I'm not a fan, but am willing to be won over.

I'm totally wowed by Melissa, like everyone else.  She's beautiful, smart, ambitious, talented as hell, hard working, and charming.  While I already feel the show has shown more than enough of Vivian, I cannot see too much of Melissa and her dancing!  Looked like a lot of incredible dancing at finals this year.  I almost believed Kelli this time when she said this was the most talented group ever, even though she and Judy say that every year.

In terms of style, this episode was definitely a hit with me!  I loved so much of what the main judges were wearing, except for Melissa, who I thought was cute but dressed too casually.  Loved Kelli's whole finals audition ensemble--the green earrings with that killer necklace and dress might be among my all time favorite Kelli outfits.  Judy's black leather jacket was tres chic, and I thought she looked great in that peachy animal print dress at interviews.  Charlotte's red interview dress was beautiful, as were her finals shoes.  I noticed that Charlotte went more for classy and simple attire this year than crazy blazers or too-short shorts.  Much better, I think, and  far more age appropriate.  I don't know her name, but I totally loved the black female judge's interview outfit, too!  That patterned blouse with the statement neckline beading was just fabulous.  Year to year, she always looks stylish and great, and I love her in the interviews and judging.  Here's a pic of Kelly and Judy with their stylist at the Meet the Team friends and family event:  https://twitter.com/CharmaineDesign/status/499570470077755394/photo/1

Obviously, Kitty didn't have a stylist for the event (or ever).  Kelly and Judy look so great in their cocktail dresses, and there's Kitty looking like a frump in ill-fitting jeans and that crazy hair.  Now who doesn't have respect for what the DCC is about?

I like Morgan a lot. I'm sad. I also really liked Alex. Didn't feel like I "knew" Courtni...

I love Veronica so it makes me sad to see her being called out. I think she has the figure that puts weight on quicker, as does Alex (at least it seems.)

I'm so, so over Vivian. Her special faces just for the camera- seriously? I feel like they know they will never take her but they keep bringing her back for TV.

I like Melissa R. A lot more than I thought I would.

I am confused with the Erica's. Did the Erica whose dad died make TC?

Shame about the 50 yard girl. She was very pretty.

I'm a new poster who just loves this show and I'm excited to find this board so I have people to talk about it with! (my friends and family just don't understand and laugh at me for watching it).

I am always blown away by how beautiful Judy, Kelly and Charlotte look year after year. They are all three just stunning for any age. Charlotte may have overdone it w/ the Botox a bit this season, but geesh, how old is she? She really does look great. I like Melissa R. on the show - but I agree that needs she do herself up more - her hair is way too casual compared to Judy, Kelly and Charlotte.

Vivian is on my nerves and was starting to get on my nerves at the end of last year. She has a beautiful look, but after watching that lyrical solo, and think it was a little more than just short pudgy legs that kept her out last year, her dance technique is clearly not as good as many of the others.

It kills me how some of these girls come to this audition w/ bad flexibility and low kicks - like gosh, you KNOW you are going to be asked to do a split and kick, why would you go if you can't do a split all the way to the ground?

I was LOL'ing at Kitty Carters comments to some of the girls - especially when she was ripping Vivian apart for that awful solo and said "you are doing (bleep) you can't do" - cause she was right! When that girl said her costume was military-ish, and she went "stripper-ish, hooters-ish", that was pretty funny too. I didn't even mind her telling those girls the real deal about their hair issues too - she wouldnt be doing her job if she didn't tell them the truth.

Of the TCCs, my favorites are Alexandra (the one who works w/ handicapped kids) and Erica (the one who's dad died) and Mary. They didn't give much screen time to the girl that kicked herself in the forehead, but I like her just cause of that - now that's someone who came prepared for her audition!

I really liked Shannon from Pittsburgh in her interview, but wow did she need a makeover (she did look pretty good in her interview, but all the other shots her hair was so stringy and dirty looking and was almost grey toned and her face really needed some different colors makeup-wise) - my bet is she is a really great dancer to make it as far as she did w/ a very non-DCC look.

I was liking the dancer girl whose parents divorced when she was 14, Christina I think, until I saw her not be able to do a split - I mean she wasn't even close - what kind of dancer can't do a right leg spilt? And why are you trying out for the DCC if you know you will need to do one at every game?

I agreed w/ at least Morgan and Alex re: the vet cuts - Morgan shouldn't have made it last year (she was making dance mistakes all the way to the end? - c'mon!), and Alex did look big - going back heavier than the year before is an obvious no-no too. I think Courtni is really pretty, but maybe they think they have enough red heads who can dance better?

I agree with many posters: was sad to see Alex go and glad to see Morgan go. She really does look 40. I was sad for Courtni too; I always though she was cute.

I love Melissa and Erica. I think Melissa might be the best dancer I've ever seen on this show.

I wish we could've seen Samantha's solo (and all of them for that matter). It looked unique and amazing from what we were shown. Damn that girl can dance.

Kelsey's bitchface at Vivian was funny. I've never really liked Kelsey (and I don't really like Vivian anymore either) though for no real reason.

Count me in as one enjoying Melissa R. I've only seen her on Making the Team though so maybe that's why.

Was Loren the girl last year at finals that Kelli and Charlotte said she needs to make prettier facial expressions when dancing

No that was the girl that said the Africa was in Europe  

Kelsey always has a bitch face.

Some people just have what is know as RBF - Resting Bitch Face. Hahah! Kate Middleton is often given as an example.  I didn't really notice Kelsey's face but I won't blame anyone not having a perma-grin 24/7.  It actually makes me kind of like them better, hahah!  

I did notice that Melissa R's hair was not that dressy.  I saw a clip of her on some talk show and she looked so much better. I don't know why she looked more casual for try-outs. 

I felt indifferent to Vivian. 

At least 50-yard line girl recognized that she was dumb.  She may not be actually stupid, just too nervous. I found it more forgivable than expanding the NFL to the European country Africa. Get a clue, girl! That was actually a total softball question because if you watch football, you would probably know that games have been being played in London for the last few years so the UK would be the obvious answer!!

What did Ashley Michelle say at the end of her answer that made the judges laugh?  She said "I know when I'm passing so...???" What was the end part?

I wouldn't have know Danielle's question that an audible is when the QB is changing the play. 

Edited by iloveit

What on earth was Morgan thinking being late?! I was sad to see her go, because I liked her. But she didn't deserve it if she was late. There's no excuse. I would of been in my car waiting in the parking lot hours before my interview.

I felt sad for Alex. She seems like such a sweet girl.

Melissa Rycroft looks so sloppy. I get it she's a new mom, but I think she should atleast do something with her hair if you're going to be on television.

Sad about Alex too.  Someone asked why Kelli said they couldn't go into TC talking to her about her weight, and I assume it's because she's been warned one or two too many times about it.  It was an issue for her since her first year in TC, and she got called out last year by Kitty for being a little heavy, and who knows how many other warnings.  Whereas Hannah probably never had been warned before--that girl had a killer body last year.  Veronica also got warned by Kitty last year, but she is a favorite vet and that probably got her the votes she needed.  She was obviously fit enough for Nike to choose her as a poster girl!  She looked beautiful at auditions, but was not sporting that awesomely fit runner's body she did in her first seasons.  

So glad I know she rallied and made the team, or I would be a lot more distressed than I am! She looks fantastic in the squad photo.

In the preview for this week's episode, they show Kelli talking about Veronica's left kick, and Judy comments on her waist.  When they show the close up of the "offending" belly, though, you can see blonde curls, and I'm pretty sure that's Hannah. Love both girls, so ouch all around.

I am really surprised & saddened by Alex as well but I do remember getting called out for her weight and for her dancing -- up through last season.  IIRC she was told pre-game that the rookies were out-dancing her, but I also think she claims she had felt ill that morning.

I was team-Vivian last year and hoped she'd make it back for this season....and I now want to eat my words.  It frustrates me to no end that there are some girls who get an insane amount of screen time and others who are just completely ignored.  From two seasons ago, Jacie and Kinzie were my two favorite rookies and barely got any notice by TPTB although they were recognized for their dancing for brief moments.   

I know I'm slipping into my conspiracy theory mode here, but after Vivian's failure to listen to Kitty about her solo, I think the "Tin Man" was a complete fake out to garner attention from the viewers and win herself the vote.  Poor Vivian: she did something cute and Kitty humiliated her; now she has to "throw something together" at the very last minute.  And there she is with a completely new costume (and whistle) for that referee-themed hip hop routine.   But this year, I think she figured she would be put into TC by fan vote or by Kelly so why listen to Kitty.   If anyone remembers advice Kitty gave that sent a girl down the wrong path, please let me know, but my memory only serves to indicate that when Kitty speaks, you had better listen.  I forget who that beautiful dancer was that didn't make it last year -- the judges felt she was too sexy (and not organically so) but even she was warned by Kitty that they would either love it or hate it.  Which is pretty much what happened.

Vivian's lyrical was a hot mess; she's lucky to be in TC as far as I'm concerned -- and that makes me even angrier / more upset for Alex & Courtni.  

Love, love, love Melissa.  What a dancer!  I guess I was wrong -- I thought she was the "Africa" girl in interviews, lol.  Actually, I think that that young lady just didn't hear the question completely - most probably from nerves.  When you are so nervous or intimidated, the noise in your head may be louder than the voices talking to you...and I think she missed the "Europe" part of that question.  Then again, the girl just may be that dumb (To quote Tom Hanks in Sleepless, "I don't want to think what they're not teaching you in school; I just don't want to think about it.")

And I hope I don't get in trouble for one more slightly off topic -- DCC: MTT made E!'s The Soup last week.  Joel McHale was poking fun at Kelly's apparently "hard to decipher" judging system for auditions.  I don't think it warranted the jokes (clearly, it's a point system made easy for quick judging), but I don't recall this show ever gaining his attention before.

Edited by bigskygirl
Part of post was off topic-Conversation moved to correct thread

Note from Mod:  Hello to all our new posters. Please post about the episode only in the episode thread (also use spoiler tags when posting about what happens with certain girls in later episodes.) To see where to post, threads, and spoilers please read the pinned posts at the top of the forum. Any post related to the current DCCs please use the Current DCCs thread. Any questions or concerns please send me a PM. Thank you.

What did Ashley Michelle say at the end of her answer that made the judges laugh?  She said "I know when I'm passing so...???" What was the end part?

I thought she said something about she passes out at the sight of blood.

I really enjoy Melissa Rycroft being on the show. I've always liked her, and I think she brings a fun energy and some interesting insight to the table.

It surprised me that Kelli and Judy were talking about how blown away they were by the talent this season, because I thought the talent was actually weaker among this crop of girls than in previous seasons.

The only ones who really stood out to me were Erica (the one whose dad died), Jennifer (the veteran), and Melissa (the good dancer).

Hannah looked shockingly out of shape. Wasn't she in show group as a rookie last year, or am I thinking of someone else?  I agreed with what Kelli and Judy were saying about how if you take heavy vets you better be ok with the way they look because they aren't changing. I feel like there is no excuse for a vet to come to auditions unprepared, and that includes being out of shape. It's a huge red flag. It indicates that they don't care. If they don't care enough to be 100% prepared at auditions, they probably won't care enough to give 100% in training camp either - especially if they're handed a spot despite being sloppy or out of shape at auditions.

I was glad to see Morgan go. She was awful. Haggard looking, always making excuses, dancing and memory nowhere near where they should be... Frankly, I don't think she had any business being on the team in the first place, but I think Kitty called in a ton of favors to get her that spot. I'm not surprised she couldn't hold onto it when someone wasn't pulling strings for her behind the scenes. I kind of get the impression Kelli and Judy were glad to see her go.

• Love 1

Agree with everything you said blairwaldorf. I chuckle every year when K&J spout off about how "this is the most talented group of girls we've ever had audition EVER," but this year it was especially funny after Kitty Carter said none of the girls who came to her studio were going to make the squad dancing like they did that night. Obviously many of those girls made training camp, and many of them make the team, but it was just so deliciously ironic and contradictory. I felt like that was sloppy editing, honestly. Sure, what she said was a sweeping generalization -- she did compliment a few girls on their solos -- but they probably should have left that comment out of the show completely if they were then going to use footage of K&J talking about this year's group being the best ever.

I have to agree with those who have said Melissa Rycroft has been fun to watch on the show. She always had a cute personality, and I guess that's why she's gone so far in reality television. However, I still think it's silly that she was asked back, out of all of the retired cheerleaders. I'll just take it with a grain of salt, though, because while I'm not in the school of thought that K&J are horrible, having someone different on the judging panel who gets actual screen time is still refreshing. I'm interested to see how she "mentors" the girls during training camp -- will she actually have anything of substance to say to these girls? We will see.

It's been a few days since I've watched the episode, so I'm honestly having a hard time remembering most of the girls. Melissa and Erica were the only ones who stuck out to me -- Melissa because she is SUCH a fantastic dancer, and Erica because of all the flack she took over her hair. I really don't get that. I'm going to have to watch it again though because I don't remember noticing she was that great of a dancer, but I was doing two things at once so I probably just didn't see.

I. Cannot. Stomach. Vivian. She's awful this year, and last year I was one of the people rooting for her and whining on TWOP when she didn't make the squad (even if her legs did look funny in those boots). IMO, she came across a lot more genuine last year. This year it's all about "my fans my fans my fans," *flutters eyelashes* and it just kind of makes my stomach hurt.

When she was cut from training camp and posted on her "fan" Facebook page about it (I do not follow her, but I did visit the page) and led with "I know y'all are aching for me to tell you that I made a team already..." I almost hurled.

Enough said about that.

Hannah's body change is confusing since she was SO thin last year. I never would've thought in a million years that she'd come back for her second season looking so soft, but I definitely agree that it looked like it would be an easy enough fix. Her stomach just looked like it needed a little toning. Otherwise she's still thin.

I guess she couldn't get toned enough, though, since she got cut. I'm curious to see how it plays out, and still really sad she won't be on the team this year. She was my favorite rookie last year.

I didn't get why Kitty bitched at the one girl for not curling her hair (god forbid!) because she wasn't taking it seriously or it wasn't worth it to the girl, or whatever she said to her, then turned around and bitched to Breelan about dancing full out on an injured ankle. Which is it, Kitty??

When she was cut from training camp and posted on her "fan" Facebook page about it (I do not follow her, but I did visit the page) and led with "I know y'all are aching for me to tell you that I made a team already..." I almost hurled.

Amazing, and a little weird.  I've never looked at Vivian's social media pages.  I have to say, I did find it a little surprising that Vivian didn't win the fan vote, since she really did seem to be in the lead the entire time.  But I'm very glad she didn't!  I wonder if we'll find out whether Loren would have made it to camp on her own or not.  I'd say it was probably a close call.  

In min 21:39 you see footage from 2012 auditions you can see Emily Clare dancing when they are zooming out from the big screen , the editing of the show is not great and the sound editing is super slopy this year if you watch the solos and listen closely you can hear the fake applause ! they need to hire better editors 

I would love to see what they would say if a 20-year-old walked in with Kitty's hair. I just don't get the Texas hair world--I thought both Melissa's and Erica's hair looked cute.

It seems clear to me that Melissa was foisted upon Judy and Kelly by CMT, and I'm getting a kick out of it. Kelly looked like she was gritting her teeth in the premiere when she said "Something fun this year!" and announced that Melissa would be with them. But ugh, it irritated me this episode when Melissa used air quotes as she said that only a few girls had the "it quality."

When did Kitty bitch to Breelan about her ankle? That was not shown on the show.

I found it odd and rather annoying that the only thing they talked to Loren about was the fan pick and then she won. How many times did Ashley M do ITM and she never once brought up the fan favorite even though she was a finalist.

I think they liked having Melissa there. I didn't get the impression they were grinning and bearing. I think we will see that she helps some girls make the team.

Lurker and first-time poster here. I've watched every season from start to finish.

I am going to take a risk and go against the tide. I'm with Dopeydwarf. I like Vivan. Mind if I sit with you, Dopey?

If you had the cameras on you all the time (as she clearly did this year), it might make you act a little different, too. Is she a little overdramatic? Probably. But I don't think it means she's a bad person. A lot of eyes are on her right now because of last year. Just like Carissa was. It's bound to have an impact on how you act. She came so close to making it last year so yes, it's going to be a very big deal to her.

As for the finger pointing thing when her name was called, I saw it as an excited, happy gesture. She was the last one called both times (at semis and finals) so I'd probably have been doing crazy things, too.

As for choosing a lyric routine for her solo, yes, that was a mistake. Maybe she thought it would make her stand out from the others, who were doing a lot of hip hop. But in the end she still made it to TC.

She's quite humble and kind on her Facebook page (imho) so I enjoy keeping up with what's she's doing. She also responds to every tweet on Twitter. So while I can see why some find her annoying, I'm not a hater. 

I found Cassie Trammel WAY more annoying over the years. Her most groan-worthy moment (to me) was when she was re-auditioning one year and she said, "Gee, if I didn't make it...that would suck."

I'm looking forward to seeing how Melissa develops since she's blowing everyone else away so far. That whole "foot touching her head" move in her solo was amazing. Clearly she won't have flexibility issues, eh? :-)

I really love Ashley Nicole--she was one of my favorite rookies last year--but her kicks are shockingly bad for a vet.  Last year at finals, I remember her kicks at auditions being bad, and Judy asking how can her kicks could be so low.  This year, they are better, but her left kick is still Kali bad.  She is such an incredible dancer, very pretty, and I found her charming last year on camera.  She has everything going for her but those kicks, and all that must have been enough to earn her a spot back in TC.  She must have really improved her flexibility over the course of her rookie year, or she wouldn't have made it past finals, and they want to continue to give her time to steadily improve like Mackenzie did.  Even though we didn't see it on camera last season, I think there's no way that Kelli and Judy didn't warn her about her kicks, and they were probably the only question mark about her making the team.  This year, her kicks must be better, but her left is definitely weak.  Her kick is the lowest in her line at 24:32, but she gets it a bit higher at 24:37, where Shannon is missing a kick altogether.  I think she's lucky that Shannon was in her line, as it probably kept her kicks from standing out as much as they would otherwise.  It would have been interesting to hear the judges' conversation about her.  I wonder if they'll show anything next week when Kelli and Judy are critiquing their kicks across the floor in first rehearsal.  Somehow, this only makes me like her and root for her more.  

I like Morgan a lot. I'm sad. I also really liked Alex. Didn't feel like I "knew" Courtni...

I love Veronica so it makes me sad to see her being called out. I think she has the figure that puts weight on quicker, as does Alex (at least it seems.)

I'm so, so over Vivian. Her special faces just for the camera- seriously? I feel like they know they will never take her but they keep bringing her back for TV.

I like Melissa R. A lot more than I thought I would.

I am confused with the Erica's. Did the Erica whose dad died make TC?

Shame about the 50 yard girl. She was very pretty.

Yes she made TC

I hate that Alex was cut.  I just love her but all the girls know that you have to super toned to look good on the big screen.  

I know I say this like a broken record, but Alex is already built bigger and she was 18 when she made the team.  A person isn't considered a fully grown adult at 18 (I don't know what age they are, but it's not 18)  If she's not toned, that's one thing but if she's filled out a bit as she finishes her natural development, that's another thing.  I don't think it's fair those girls don't get any allowances for that.  I was in size zeros and twos at age 18, and in twos and fours at 22.  And I gained nearly 10 pounds in that four years, but I was still very toned and lean.  It was just continued development.  I will ahve to go back and look at Alex, to see if she was flabby or just bigger in general.  I sure always have liked her.

I also always liked Alex and her looks. This episode she did look kind of big on the giant screen, but to me she always looks fine in pictures or on normal TV. I get that looking good on the big screen is something they value, but sometimes I feel like they care about it too much. It helped Jinelle last year, as she looked better on the screen, but looking good in person is just as important if not even more important. And some girls just have a "bigger" build, as some have already said. And I like that. I don't need all the DCC to be super skinny. I would have liked to see Alex's solo, she can't have been that strong I think. I think the solos/dancing on the field made the difference between keeping a "heavy" vet like Veronica and Hannah and cutting them like Alex.
As for Courtni, when I first saw her this episode I was like...oh yeah...she's also on the squad. She never made a real impression on me, she blended and if she had decided not to come back, I wouldn't even have noticed. She seems really nice and down to earth though, which I like.
I like Morgan. But I have to say she usually looks like she's about to cry, which, by now, is really getting on my nerves. DCC are supposed to be smiley and happy and she never showed that on camera. So watching her on the show can be annoying. I'm sad she got cut, but I'm not surprised.

I loved Vivian last year and all the way up until the first episode this year. What happened to her? She seems so rehearsed and fake, even her make up seems more fake this year. And her face when she didn't win the fan vote was priceless! Her solo was not good either. What a lot of people love about her is her strength when dancing. She should have shown that.

I've never been a big fan of Kitty's, but lately I feel like she tries to be mean on purpose, because that's the image she wants people to see. And in my opinion, there is a not so fine line between open constructive criticism and being mean and pulling girls down. She is honest, which I value, but a lot of her comments like the stripper-ish and the hair comments just seem like show. I'm not gonna go as far as to call it bullying, but in my opinion sometimes she crosses the line to just being mean. And that makes me lose some respect for her.
That being said, I like Ericas hair and I don't get the fuss. Hair can be changed and other DCC have had straight hair. So if it's that big of a problem, just give her a make over, but don't focus your discussion on her hair, dear judges.

• Love 1

I wonder how much Charlotte and Kelli let the other judges' votes count.  We know last year they added Danielle at the last minute.  I wonder if the anti-Erica hair judges had voted her out, if Charlotte and Kelli would have been like, whatever, no, she's in.  Or if other judges voted in the 50 yards girl, would they have nixed her anyway because of the bad interview? 

Erica had one of the best interviews and her dancing is off the charts. Did everyone see those game pictures someone posted? There is a photo of Erica with amazing hair looking gorgeous. In hind sight, the judges look so dumb for making an issue.

• Love 1

I have always been an Alex lover, but I can understand why they cut her this year. Yes, she has a bigger figure than most of the girls (one of the reasons I liked her) therefore I think it is even MORE important that she stay as toned as she can be. Please notice that I didn't say that she needs to lose weight, I said she needs to be toned. While they may grumble about her size I honestly think that K&J would have been ok with her size if she was tight.

Also, unless we are talking about a medical weight gain or something similar, I don't know that there is any good reason for a veteran to show up at finals looking out of shape. Come on girls - you know exactly what is expected of you.

• Love 1

I wonder how much Charlotte and Kelli let the other judges' votes count.  We know last year they added Danielle at the last minute.  I wonder if the anti-Erica hair judges had voted her out, if Charlotte and Kelli would have been like, whatever, no, she's in.  Or if other judges voted in the 50 yards girl, would they have nixed her anyway because of the bad interview?

I'm sure they would override the judges on the 50 yard girl.  They would never be able to trust her on an appearance, even after she learned how many yards are on a football field or what a touchdown is.  I remember from season three that they overrode the judges' vote on Alexandra B, who swore in her interview that she was wholesome but who apparently didn't have a clean background check.  The vast majority of judges voted for her in finals but she didn't make it to TC.  I'd like to think they would have recognized Erica's talent and beauty this year even if the judging numbers didn't add up, but I bet she did get properly voted into camp.

I felt bad for 50 yard girl - that Africa as a country in Europe was funny too - lol - being that George W made a similar mistake while he was President of the United States, it's pretty hard to beat her up for messing it up in a DCC interview though. Maybe the whole thinking Africa is a country instead of a continent is a Texas thing - haha ;). And my son did point out that Africa is geographically close to Europe, so she wasn't THAT far off - lol!

I just watched the preview trailer at the start of episode 1 and in the sequence where they flash through the girls getting called into the office, I'm pretty sure Danielle and Brittney S are in that montage. I had to actually go slo mo to see it....but I've gotten girls wrong before. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Edited by English Teacher