Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Curse

• Start Topic

In a last-ditch effort to break the curse, a severely weakened yet determined Mrs. Eaves sets off with Natasha in pursuit of Jack. Meanwhile, Bobbi struggles to rally for her audition redo with Sam.

Airdate: June 5, 2022   (10:30-11:00 p.m. ET/PT)     HBO
michelle-de-swarte_2.jpg?itok=Sq3GYw8N

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't believe how hooked I've gotten on this series.  I'll be sad to see it go, but I hope by the resolution next week, we find out why the Baby (if he ever gets a name) has never targeted Mrs Eaves, and how his powers came to be.  

Also hope Bobbi gets some kind of a happy ending.

Edited by LADreamr
  • Love 4

It's possible I'm just talking to myself in this forum now, but just in case...

Really suspicious of Mrs Eaves now.  I'm starting to think she's in on it, somehow.  She's been following this baby for 50 years, but seems to vacillate on the rules of what's happening with him.  He's killing women who don't want him? But now it's a curse?  And it's not a curse that has anything to do with the baby, it's actually between her and his father?  But, according to next week's preview, now that he has the one who has been caring for him and does want him (even if reluctantly), now he's going to own and destroy her?  

And how is she MRS Eaves?  Who is the other part of that pairing?  

For someone so smart, Natasha isn't asking many questions.  I hope we get satisfying answers next week.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LADreamr said:

I hope we get satisfying answers next week.

Same! I've been enjoying this show, but I can't really figure out how it's going to end. This episode almost could have been the finale, but I'm glad it's not as simple as "the baby just needs someone to love him." 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Panda Bear said:

Same! I've been enjoying this show, but I can't really figure out how it's going to end. This episode almost could have been the finale, but I'm glad it's not as simple as "the baby just needs someone to love him." 

I agree.  I like the complexity.  I kind of wish the finale was available now, but I also don't want it to be over yet.

18 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

I absolutely *wallow* in this show, I love it so much.  So the baby is searching for what none of his "mothers" has been able (or willing) to give him--unconditional love--and so he has offed them, one by one, and moved on.  What a kid!

Mrs. (and I too question "Mrs.") Eaves believes this is all because of a curse she put on Jack, the baby's putative repulsive father (I was disappointed that the dying man wasn't very repulsive at all), based I guess on the fact that Helen, whom Mrs. E. loved, was kind of forced to marry him and again I guess forced to bear his child.  So Mrs. Eaves cursed Jack with ?a baby whom nobody could love?  Why did Mrs. Eaves want to kill the baby not too long ago but now want(?ed?) to immolate herself with Jack, never mind the baby?  I guess when she learned that Jack was still living killing herself along with him was a more satisfactory way to end the curse--if she had killed the baby but (unknowingly) left Jack alive, would the curse have been lifted?  I bet not--and was there really a curse, or an effective curse, to begin with?

I wonder these things, and you know what?  Even if my questions aren't answered, I'll still have found this a wonderful, satisfying series and be glad to have seen it.

• Love 1
On 6/7/2022 at 2:35 PM, Mothra said:

I wonder these things, and you know what?  Even if my questions aren't answered, I'll still have found this a wonderful, satisfying series and be glad to have seen it.

Absolutely.  I've binged all of the episodes so far, a few times, just trying to put the pieces together, but also just watching the baby(ies), himself.  For not being able to "say" anything, other than infant sounds, there's a lot of communication going on there.

On 6/6/2022 at 8:51 PM, Panda Bear said:

his episode almost could have been the finale, but I'm glad it's not as simple as "the baby just needs someone to love him." 

Oh I thought it was the finale 😁😆

3 hours ago, LADreamr said:

but also just watching the baby(ies), himself.  For not being able to "say" anything, other than infant sounds, there's a lot of communication going on there.

Like I said before the baby is awesome and deserves and acting award. The show itself was intriguing and weird, I didn't hate it, but that is when I thought this was he finale. We'll see what happens next week 😝

• Love 1