Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Save the drama for your mama ... and sisters.

Speaking of Traci and Kevin Jr.  What happened to his fiancé who was so clearly looking for a come up.  

Never thought I'd say this, but Towanda is right, Jacent has always given me, don't trust this loser vibes.  Clearly Trina has a type, her family thought it was non-black men, obviously, it is men who should be named Shady McGrady.

• Love 3

Episode 5:

"Oh You Tried It!"

Toni screens her biopic movie; Tamar meets her on-screen counterpart; and Towanda confesses her secret to Trina.  Later, Trina finally deals with her sister issues.

Airs June 16, 2016.

"I don't want the tears to come from you, but from me." That's a profound way of putting it--genuine emotion elicits that in others.

Good on Towanda for going after her dreams instead of just being bitter about others fulfilling theirs. She cried on cue so that was impressive but not really surprising. I'm sure she has a lot of pain buried within which is why it manifested as rage and bitterness towards Tamar. This will be a healthy outlet for her.

I enjoyed how the actress who played Tamar was relishing outdoing Tamar

• Love 3

I'm glad Towanda is pursuing something other than being Toni's assistant.  However, I think she's full of shit.  She hasn't mentioned anything about her family or kids.  Is she planning to move her family out to LA to her while she goes to school or will Andre continue "babysitting" in Atlanta?  Where has Andre been anyway.  Is he still writing his book?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I'm glad Towanda is pursuing something other than being Toni's assistant.  However, I think she's full of shit.  She hasn't mentioned anything about her family or kids.  Is she planning to move her family out to LA to her while she goes to school or will Andre continue "babysitting" in Atlanta?  Where has Andre been anyway.  Is he still writing his book?

I was pleasantly surprised at her audition, because she was actually pretty decent and convincing, but the acting school stuff must be a story line for the show. It is good to see her pursuing something for herself, but the chances of her starting a lucrative acting career at 40+ acting are slim. I could see her doing stage plays, but I imagine that requires heavy travel, which might be difficult with two little ones at home. 

• Love 1

The Lee Strasberg school is still a reputable name even today but I didn't get Towanda's "storyline" with wanting to go there desperately.  With all the film and television work that is in Atlanta right now, wouldn't it make more sense to study at an acting school or with a reputable coach in Atlanta?  At Towanda's age I would be trying to work my connections in the "smaller" pond of Atlanta then to try establish myself in LA, where I don't live and don't know anyone (in terms of connections).  No shade but Towanda is in her early forties, has a background in entertainment, and is on a successful reality show.  Why is she following the "beginners" track in terms of acting. 

She was saying that she regretted going into music instead of pursuing acting.  That I can understand but I didn't get why she wasn't using her connections to help her get a leg up on the acting front.  Toni seems to really be crediting her with helping out Lifetime with the movie.  If I was Towanda I would be working that relationship in terms of casting but also on developing something for herself to star in and produce. 

• Love 3

Episode 6:

"You Gotta Get Pelvic to Pelvic!"

Toni performs in Brooklyn; a dinner turns disastrous; Towanda's disappointed in her partner at a dance competition; and Tamar critiques Towanda.  Later, Toni reveals her plans to change her show to Tamar, but she's worried Trina and Towanda will be upset.

Airs June 23, 2016.

I'm so confused about this timeline. I'm getting the impression it's more recent than ever.  Towanda's dance competition was 6 weeks ago. I wonder how many weeks of practice she put into it.

• Love 1

Episode 7:

"Toni's Got a Ditty!"

Tamar's nervous about her performance for Smokey Robinson; Toni reveals that she has a date; and Towanda attends a secret appointment.  Later, Trina confronts her sisters.

Airs June 30, 2016.

Yeah, they're definitely filming MUCH closer to "now" than normal. Tamar's performance was on May 19th.

Anyway, I forgot to mention petty ass Towanda throwing shade at Tamar and Toni for being the only sister to win a dancing competition. 1) you tied. 2) It was Dancing with DC at best lol.  Calm down.

• Love 7

I was dying during Towanda's vaginal rejuvenation. The sisters were hysterical! I had to rewind it a couple times so I could laugh all over again.

These latest episodes went a long way towards peeling back the layers of discord among the sisters. I always thought of Trina as the sister who got along with everybody the most. But, when she spoke about feeling put down and judged by her sisters, I totally saw what she meant. Also, the issue of her father missing her (first) wedding to Gabe:  he's since tried to make things right, but that doesn't magically erase years of pain. It's amazing how the people who love us the most have the ability to hurt us the most.

I appreciated how Strasberg challenged Towanda to strip off her glamorous mask. She said her lines well enough, but she didn't disappear into the role. I'm with Trina: Towanda's scene partner was mad touchy-feely off the jump. It was a little funny how Towanda was late to acting class, but got so pissed when her dance partner was late.

Tamar vs. Tamar: um, well, the young lady certainly embodied her role, lol! A mess. I loved how Toni came to Tamar's rescue at the Smokey Robinson tribute. Although, I was baffled: Tamar's stylist only brought one option? Stop it. Tamar sounded truly amazing.

• Love 2

Episode 8:

"You Want That Old Thang Back?"

Trina reveals that she contacted her ex, Gabe, much to Tamar's dismay.  Later, Toni gets competitive at a cook-off between sisters; and Towanda feels challenged during acting class.

Aired July 7, 2016.

(edited)

I wonder how long Towanda will last in this acting school.  She doesn't seem to be taking it too seriously despite her claims of worry over getting kicked out.

Toni steady trying to prove she can cook....and not succeeding.

Oh Trina.  Sometimes people just can't let go.  I'm really hoping her intention for speaking with Gabe is about her boys and not her.

Forgot to mention this last week:  Which sister do we think signed Trina up for Weight Watchers without telling her?  First of all - so rude!! My money's on Toni.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I wonder how long Towanda will last in this acting school.  She doesn't seem to be taking it too seriously despite her claims of worry over getting kicked out.

Toni steady trying to prove she can cook....and not succeeding.

Oh Trina.  Sometimes people just can't let go.  I'm really hoping her intention for speaking with Gabe is about her boys and not her.

Forgot to mention this last week:  Which sister do we think signed Trina up for Weight Watchers without telling her?  First of all - so rude!! My money's on Toni.

Toni

• Love 4

Episode 9:

"Wasband's Back"

Trina has a candid conversation with her ex that turns sour when past infidelities are brought up.  Later, Toni's final show with Trina and Towanda performing as her backup singers is an emotional event for everyone involved.

Airs July 14, 2016.

Babe is beyond repulsive and sadly, typically male.  He can screw everything that breaths, but how dare Trina let another man touch her.  

I am confused about his relationship or lack thereof with Trina's sons. Yes, it is easy to chalk it up to his being a PoS, but as we saw in earlier seasons and Trina herself acknowledged, when she was touring with Toni, Gabe was the primary care-giver to the boys and even Trina granted he was a good parent.  He has been in their lives since they were small, I think Eric was about three when Gabe got with Trina.  So I wonder if he shut himself off from the boys because he feared they would reject him because of his assholish treatment of their mother.  

Toni and Birdman. Just no.  Have things gotten so bad that that tattooed monstrosity seems like a good romantic interest?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Babe is beyond repulsive and sadly, typically male.  He can screw everything that breaths, but how dare Trina let another man touch her.  

I am confused about his relationship or lack thereof with Trina's sons. Yes, it is easy to chalk it up to his being a PoS, but as we saw in earlier seasons and Trina herself acknowledged, when she was touring with Toni, Gabe was the primary care-giver to the boys and even Trina granted he was a good parent.  He has been in their lives since they were small, I think Eric was about three when Gabe got with Trina.  So I wonder if he shut himself off from the boys because he feared they would reject him because of his assholish treatment of their mother.  

Toni and Birdman. Just no.  Have things gotten so bad that that tattooed monstrosity seems like a good romantic interest?

How could I forget about Birdman? The way she was posing up on him was so absolutely ridiculous.  She is Toni THE-motherfucking Braxton, as Tamar says.  She can do bettwr than fucking Birdman.  

• Love 7
(edited)

I dislike how Trina brought Gabe back without telling us what we "wouldn't believe he did" etc. as she kept alluding to all last season. So I just had to accept that story wasn't going to be complete and forget about him, but now he's back. Closure? Looks more like she misses him and I don't wanna judge her because I get the struggle, but it was a little secondhand embarrassing seeing how nervous and dolled up she got while Gabe looked much more at ease and less invested. 

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 1

I really appreciate how open Traci has been about her female problems. I've had some issues with uterine fibroids myself to the point where I was considering surgery (fortunately my symptoms have subsided a bit). Also, I've always been alarmed at how hysterectomies are kind of considered a rite of passage in the Black community. It's a big deal! I totally vibed on Traci's fears about her sexuality post surgery & the pain she was feeling in recovery. That's the kind of stuff the doctor's don't tell you, so you need to hear it from other women. That coupled with her orgasm disorder. .... she's really sharing a lot of personal information! I saw a documentary about it & those women were really struggling to have normal lives. I think it's great how she's coping with everything. The acupuncture looked cool. Maybe I'll try it.

Gabe was an ass to Trina. Putting her down, just like her sisters have a tendency to do. Now that she's said it, I can't unsee it. Being so cold to her son & so hypocritical about her cheating..... smh, she's a better woman than me. And he was soo mad that she'd finally had sex with a Black man. What was that about? A size thing? (Although, I thought the "oral transaction" guy was Black.)

I stopped watching when Birdman appeared. I just can't with that relationship. Maybe I'm being too shallow & judging a book by its cover. ... but it just looks so wrong! Maybe he's a nice person & everything, but what do they talk about?

• Love 2
(edited)

I am done with Trina. I can't believe she would bring Gabe around her son after he treated them so poorly. She spent all of last season crying about Gabe kicking her and the boys out, and here she is bringing Gabe around her son, who apparently hasn't said boo to either of her children for a year. I'm not a mother, but I swear, if someone treated my kids the way Gabe treated her sons, I would be done forever. Gabe has already shown her who he is-- he cheated, lied, turned his back on her children, and she needs closure?? From what- the man doesn't give a damn about you or your kids.. Move on! 

Toni and Birdman... no words. Aside from being tatted up and looking quite rough around the edges, I firmly believe that Birdman sexually abused Lil Wayne. Toni has two young sons. She needs to keep Birdman far away from them. Toni is iconic. She presents as classy and refined. She can do so much better.

Edited by sunshine85
  • Love 5
On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 1:12 PM, sunshine85 said:

I am done with Trina. I can't believe she would bring Gabe around her son after he treated them so poorly. She spent all of last season crying about Gabe kicking her and the boys out, and here she is bringing Gabe around her son, who apparently hasn't said boo to either of her children for a year. I'm not a mother, but I swear, if someone treated my kids the way Gabe treated her sons, I would be done forever. Gabe has already shown her who he is-- he cheated, lied, turned his back on her children, and she needs closure?? From what- the man doesn't give a damn about you or your kids.. Move on! 

Toni and Birdman... no words. Aside from being tatted up and looking quite rough around the edges, I firmly believe that Birdman sexually abused Lil Wayne. Toni has two young sons. She needs to keep Birdman far away from them. Toni is iconic. She presents as classy and refined. She can do so much better.

I didn't know what in the world you were talking about. So I Googled "Birdman sexually abused lil Wayne" and the whole sordid story spilled out. My God people, there are receipts. Including videotaped commentary from lil Wayne. Be forewarned: it's hard to watch... Apparently there's a whole culture of child sex abuse at the Cash Money record label. Kind of a machismo "you're not a man until you have sexual relations." I just want to throw up right now.

Forget about his tattoos & broken english. 

What in the Holy Hell is Toni doing with him?!?!

Has she well & truly sold her soul to the Devil for a new record contract?

I logged on to write about the latest rumors of Tamar & Vince getting divorced, with allegations that she cheated. To write about how I don't believe it because I think Tamar loves her financial status with Vince too much to ever jeopardize it. It's one thing to prioritize money over someone being obese, but this is mind blowingly ridiculous!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I didn't know what in the world you were talking about. So I Googled "Birdman sexually abused lil Wayne" and the whole sordid story spilled out. My God people, there are receipts. Including videotaped commentary from lil Wayne. Be forewarned: it's hard to watch... Apparently there's a whole culture of child sex abuse at the Cash Money record label. Kind of a machismo "you're not a man until you have sexual relations." I just want to throw up right now.

Forget about his tattoos & broken english. 

What in the Holy Hell is Toni doing with him?!?!

Has she well & truly sold her soul to the Devil for a new record contract?

I logged on to write about the latest rumors of Tamar & Vince getting divorced, with allegations that she cheated. To write about how I don't believe it because I think Tamar loves her financial status with Vince too much to ever jeopardize it. It's one thing to prioritize money over someone being obese, but this is mind blowingly ridiculous!

Yeah, there are videos of the way they used to greet each other. Wayne was abused and brainwashed, and to me, it explains why he used drugs as an escape. He was only 14 when he signed with Birdman's label and from a single parent home. To a filthy pedophile, Wayne was the perfect victim. It's incredibly sad, and I look at Birdman with nothing but disgust. He is a filthy pig who should be locked up forever. 

Mama Evelyn spoke highly of Birdman and how he treats Toni... I immediately thought that Mama E is fond of him because he has money and can provide a lavish lifestyle. Mama E may not have heard stories about Birdman and Wayne, but Toni likely has. I just don't understand how she can bring that animal around her boys. 

As for Tamar and cheating...I don't believe it, and I'm not a Tamartian! LOL! Tamar just doesn't strike me as the cheating type. I could be wrong, but without the receipts, I'm calling BS on the whole story.

• Love 6

Episode 10:

"What's The T With You and B?"

Toni surprises her sisters with an unexpected visitor to celebrate their final performance; Toni invites a man to dinner; and Tamar insists on coaching Evelyn for her runway debut. Later, Gabe has a proposal for Trina.

Airs July 21, 2016.

My out of touch self had never heard of Birdman before. However those tattoos, the metal grill and the toothpick hanging out of his mouth, gave me all the info I needed to know. I don't know what to say about the Lil Wayne situation. Just seems to show how lurid the industry is.

I wonder when Tamar will stop acting like an entitled brat. Her Chick-fil-A antics at the fashion show were childish.

Did I miss it, or did no one mention Towanda's rejuvenation appointment a few episodes ago because it was just that disturbing.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

My out of touch self had never heard of Birdman before. However those tattoos, the metal grill and the toothpick hanging out of his mouth, gave me all the info I needed to know. I don't know what to say about the Lil Wayne situation. Just seems to show how lurid the industry is.

I wonder when Tamar will stop acting like an entitled brat. Her Chick-fil-A antics at the fashion show were childish.

Did I miss it, or did no one mention Towanda's rejuvenation appointment a few episodes ago because it was just that disturbing.

When I watched, I thought the Chik Fil A stuff was tacky, but kind of funny.  

After seeing Toni's reaction and reading comments on another board, I see it differently. If any of the sisters had come to Tamar's show and sat in the front row eating fast food, she would have pitched a fit. They would be accused of not showing respect for her as an artist, not taking her seriously, etc. etc. Her antics show she learned nothing after being canned from "The Real".

The rejuvenation stuff was ridiculous. It came off as exactly what it was- a ploy for camera time.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, sunshine85 said:

After seeing Toni's reaction and reading comments on another board, I see it differently. If any of the sisters had come to Tamar's show and sat in the front row eating fast food, she would have pitched a fit. They would be accused of not showing respect for her as an artist, not taking her seriously, etc. etc. Her antics show she learned nothing after being canned from "The Real".

The rejuvenation stuff was ridiculous. It came off as exactly what it was- a ploy for camera time.

The girl wasn't even trying to eat on the down low. She was hollering about her dipping sauces, opening her jaws like a snake, saying bs that the models were a range of sizes so chowing down was acceptable. Maybe next time she'll eat a slab of ribs during someone's memorial service.

• Love 1
On 7/23/2016 at 11:52 PM, sunshine85 said:

See and I thought it was payback for Towanda sitting her ass in the green room most of Tamar's fashion show.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

See and I thought it was payback for Towanda sitting her ass in the green room most of Tamar's fashion show.

Oh, I forgot all about that! Given that Evelyn walked, I would have expected Tamar to act a tad more professional. 

I think it was another example of Tamar hamming it up for the cameras. SMH.... a grown woman always looking for attention, be it good or bad.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, sunshine85 said:

Oh, I forgot all about that! Given that Evelyn walked, I would have expected Tamar to act a tad more professional. 

I think it was another example of Tamar hamming it up for the cameras. SMH.... a grown woman always looking for attention, be it good or bad.

Tamar wasn't eating by the time Evelyn was on stage.  She was still acting a little assy, what with her glasses on inside, though.

4 hours ago, Watermelon said:

Tamar wasn't eating by the time Evelyn was on stage.  She was still acting a little assy, what with her glasses on inside, though.

Yup! Her and Toni both wearing those big shades when they're indoors. They look ridiculous when they do that. I remember Babyface doing the same when he came to Toni's LA home in Season 2. That whole look is pretentious and foolish. 

(edited)

The glasses didn't bother me since a lot of people wear sunglasses to indoor fashion shows because of the lights.  Also when you sit in the front row you are right across from the photographers and their lights and flashes.  What I found disrespectful was when Tamar was explaining why it was ok to eat, because it wasn't a "real" fashion show, the women had hips, and legs and weren't model thin.  It was an incredibly nasty thing to say and incredibly unlike Tamar. 

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 1

Episode 11:

"This Is Not About ReKindlerization...or Is It?"

Trina continues to move forward with Gabe; Tamar's photo shoot; Traci records a new, sexy album but her manager has doubts.

Airs July 28, 2016.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 2:13 PM, JBC344 said:

The glasses didn't bother me since a lot of people wear sunglasses to indoor fashion shows because of the lights.  Also when you sit in the front row you are right across from the photographers and their lights and flashes.  What I found disrespectful was when Tamar was explaining why it was ok to eat, because it wasn't a "real" fashion show, the women had hips, and legs and weren't model thin.  It was an incredibly nasty thing to say and incredibly unlike Tamar. 

Seemed like typical Tamar to me...

• Love 3

Episode 12:

"Trick Thy Sister"

Gabe makes a shocking confession to Trina. Later, Tamar performs at an exclusive event; Traci tricks her sisters at her studio session; and Toni's dinner is ruined after Tamar's insulted.

Airs August 4, 2016.

There goes Tamar with her antics again. It's always fun for her when she's the one making the jokes but God forbid someone snap back (in fun). I thought that mountain joke Trina made was actually funny, but Tay had to take it to another level and sulk like a child. Girl, grow up already! SMH.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Twinkii said:

There goes Tamar with her antics again. It's always fun for her when she's the one making the jokes but God forbid someone snap back (in fun). I thought that mountain joke Trina made was actually funny, but Tay had to take it to another level and sulk like a child. Girl, grow up already! SMH.

Well, I can give Tamar a pass for feeling offended, because she's entitled to her feelings. "However," she was out of line for disrupting Toni's entire dinner. She should have shown some respect to Toni's big night & just postponed the discussion until later. Such a shame. I was just thinking how gorgeous everyone looked sitting around the table..... & then it all turned so ugly.

Traci's new song is the hotness! It was fun watching it all come together. I loved her sisters singing backup for her! What a treat! Go Traci!!!

Lil Logan went IN on that biscuit dough! Alright Gabe, what's the secret ingredient already? Because those biscuits must be delicious the way the family raves over them & I won't be visiting the ATL or BarChix anytime soon.

Tamar's "People" photo shoot looked really nice. But, I didn't really buy that she designed the place all by herself. The way she talked about home decor.... I see Ike Turner has another stream of income in the works. 

August 4th episode & Tamar was talking about the nightclub shooting back in June. Very timely editing. I'd like to see some of August Getty's fashions, plus whatever fabulous art that family has laying around. (He lost 8 friends in the shooting?!? How horrible!)

Mama Evelyn talking to Trina about closure was very deep & personal. I appreciated what she said & it resonated with me. Hmm... I may need to watch that part a coupla few more times, as I'm still seeking closure myself. I was just thinking I was getting tired of seeing Gabe's face.... & then he took responsibility! That hug was really bittersweet....

• Love 1

With all this Gabe stuff on the screen, it makes me wonder if he and Trina aren't already back together.  Otherwise, why are we seeing this.  We have actually seen more of Gabe in these past few episodes than we have in entire prior seasons.  

Yes, Tamar was her usual OTT self especially since she started it, but claiming that Trina was still sleeping with Black Nasty does not equate to referring to Vince as a mountain Tamar climbs.  That was cruel and a little low given Trina's history of weight issues, you would think she would have some sensitivity to this.  Besides, Vince has come a long way from when the show first stared, he is much slimmer now. 

• Love 3

Yeah...I'd be way in my feelings if you called my husband a "mountain" that I climbed.  And it didn't really seem "funny" to me, in the way that Tamar's "you still seeing black nasty" is funny.

But Miss Toni isn't slick acting like she 1)didn't hear exactly what Trina said and 2) asking "what's the mountain?????"

I think the overarching Braxton problem is none of them are allowed to be in their feelings. Not Tamar, not Trina, not Traci, not Towanda.

• Love 5

Episode 13:

"Flippin' The Bird"

Tamar's shocked by her sisters' reaction to her surprise. Later, Trina worries Towanda's new home could signify a big move; and Trina enlists a hypnotist to help conquer her fear.

Airs August 11, 2016.

It's not that I don't think the middle sisters should have questions about Braxtons on Broadway (although they've got shit else going on so what is the big deal)....It's that I know with every fiber of my being had Toni brought this to them they wouldn't have had one shady word to say about it.

And yes, Tamar flies off the handle, but she clearly knew (just like I knew) that Towanda's questions were a throwback and an insinuation to her signing Tamar and Vince behind the girls' backs.

• Love 2

From what we saw, I don't think Tamar did anything wrong.  The idea was mentioned to her.  She smartly verified the legitimacy of the idea and the people posing it, she the brought the prospect to her sisters for the go ahead.

If Towanda, I want to be an actress, Braxton were smart, she would use the Broadway show to broker a deal for a part of some sort, it would give her exposure and experience.  

I don't get why Trina was so against it.

• Love 3
On 8/12/2016 at 7:41 PM, Happytobehere said:

From what we saw, I don't think Tamar did anything wrong.  The idea was mentioned to her.  She smartly verified the legitimacy of the idea and the people posing it, she the brought the prospect to her sisters for the go ahead.

If Towanda, I want to be an actress, Braxton were smart, she would use the Broadway show to broker a deal for a part of some sort, it would give her exposure and experience.  

I don't get why Trina was so against it.

Because it came through Tamar. 

• Love 5

Again, Towanda is the mastermind here.  She knows just exactly what to say, and how to say it, to push the right buttons in Tamar to get her defenses up, while simultaneously raising alarms in the other sisters.  And Tamar knows this, but she's too emotional and not savvy enough to sidestep it and ends up falling for it everytime, while Towanda then gets to play the "what did I say? I was just asking a question? I can't ask a question?" card.

But you know what, if they don't want the opportunity, which they would be dumb to pass up, especially I want to be an actress Towanda,  then more power to Tamar 

Spoiler

For going back to the producers and seeing how she could parlay this into an opportunity for herself.  And you just know they'll start saying how dare she do something without thinking about her sisters too.

• Love 6

I really want Tamar to start taking yoga or something, because she catches exactly what the girls are trying to do, but she overreacts to it and then they get to look like a victim.

I just don't understand these girls at all, when it was Tamar who pushed ALL of them into fame kicking and screaming with this show.  Without it, they would have just been doo w** pop pop chicks forever. They give all the credit to Toni for signing on the show and none at all to Tamar who wouldn't rest until Toni did just that lol.  Why would you not trust the girl, when she's the reason your weaves is popping, ok?

• Love 7

Episode 14:

"Broadway or Bust"

Trina's sons have a showdown with her ex, Gabe. Later, Tamar informs the producers that her sisters aren't interested in doing a Broadway show; and Towanda performs for an agent.

Airs August 18, 2016.

Soooo  did Eric gain a ton of weight or nah?  I remember him being a youthful man with the same terrible hairstyle but less 40 pounds.  

And can we get into Caleb not seeing it AT ALL for Gabe. That young man is pissed!

• Love 4