Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Save the drama for your mama ... and sisters.

This season is not delivering the explosive drama and scandal it promised in the previews. We're never going to find out what happened between Trina and Gabe, are we? I what to know what she said was too awful to mention and the sisters wouldn't even believe. Normally it's none of my business but it is when you shared all the stuff leading up to it. 

Agree. Although, I will say that all this fun sister time has me anticipating every episode this season. It feels like S1 again! Even Towanda's evilness has gone back down to a 2.5.

• Love 2

Agree. Although, I will say that all this fun sister time has me anticipating every episode this season. It feels like S1 again! Even Towanda's evilness has gone back down to a 2.5.

Yup, she should be done seething at least till the Xmas album goes through and her income from scrubbing off of Toni increases.

• Love 3

When Towanda said she needed to retire from background singing because she was waaaaaaaaay too busy, my ears perked up to hear all the things she's been doing. She's been busy being a mom (interesting, since shes never actually at home or in state, and it seems like she only stays married to Andre, "the writer", because he's a free caretaker), acting (where? In what?), and following Trina around at Bar Chix for free drinks? Uhm, OK Towanda. You're "too busy".

• Love 6

Towanda's busy schedule seems to consist of leeching off of Trini cause as she said, she needs to get "...a free drink and a free plate daily."

Based on what we heard from the producer who worked in their first album, throwing a hissy fit and storming out is what Traci has always done. Now the picture on the label pushing her to the side even though Trina had a baby around the same time becomes clearer.

Toni said nothing wrong to Traci, but that stinkbutt comment to Tamar was beyond rude and unnecessary. Tamar was 100% correct when she said Toni wants everyone to jump to accommodate her, but she won't take other people into consideration. While I get that this has always been the family dynamic because Toni was essentially propping everyone else, times have changed and the sisters now have other things to do than be at Toni's beck and call.

Niece Ashley looks a lot like Towanda.

• Love 6

I really want to know the full story when they have these arguments that they air. It's frustrating when we only hear a bit of Trina saying that the producer said some things about their vocal ranges. What else happened cuz I know Traci is boorish but she clearly experienced something that set her off that we didn't get to see.

Was that a power play by Toni Braxton to skip the meeting Tamar attended? It would make sense given that comment she made for Tamar to just not be in it. That Grammy win has Toni acting up.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 3

this was a terrible time to end the season (Is the season over?).  Tamar's on DWTS, we don't know if they finished recording, we don't know WHY Traci thinks she's a soprano, I'm not good enough at music to decipher for myself if Traci's a Soprano but that sounds real incorrect...Why is Towanda the only one we didn't see sing anything?!

I NEED ANSWERS.

• Love 2

So after reading the comments here, I realized I didn't actually see the end of the episode! Apparently I fell asleep right after Tamar suggested a song for the album and my mind just convinced myself that I watched it all.

To is was quite the Bitch during that second half! Her comment to Traci, then her facety ass response to Tamar expressing a completely relevant concern....my goodness. It's just so shitty especially considering that she had NO interest in any of the "sister" albums previously, but now ALL of sudden, she's not only Gung ho about it, but she's moving forward despite non of the sisters actually being on it. The least she could have done was discuss songs and potential release dates with everyone involved.

And oh yeah, shut up Mama Evelyn! So tired of her.

• Love 5

To is was quite the Bitch during that second half! Her comment to Traci, then her facety ass response to Tamar expressing a completely relevant concern....my goodness. It's just so shitty especially considering that she had NO interest in any of the "sister" albums previously, but now ALL of sudden, she's not only Gung ho about it, but she's moving forward despite non of the sisters actually being on it. The least she could have done was discuss songs and potential release dates with everyone involved.

And oh yeah, shut up Mama Evelyn! So tired of her.

All of this. Toni was a trip. She is really not taking no longer being the only successful sibling well.

When mama Evelyn starts talking, I hear the voice of Charlie Brown's teacher. I dare them to show her "coaching" someone. Remember when she was starting a business as a life coach?

• Love 6

I've always said that Tony is just as shady as the rest of them and now we are getting proof.  Notice how "The Braxton's Christmas Album" slowly became "Toni Braxton's Christmas Album featuring The Braxton's" by the end of the show. 

This whole Christmas album could of waited until next year.  Tamar has an album coming out, Traci has her music and a radio show, and Trina is opening a bar.  Why in the world is Toni trying to cram a Christmas album into the three weeks she has before she goes on an international tour?

Tamar was perfectly right to bring up the scheduling question.  Yes, Christmas albums come out in the fall but Tamar had a point about it coming out so close to her own album.  I don't understand why it has to come out in the beginning of October it could come out early November and still be timely.

• Love 5

this was a terrible time to end the season (Is the season over?). Tamar's on DWTS, we don't know if they finished recording, we don't know WHY Traci thinks she's a soprano, I'm not good enough at music to decipher for myself if Traci's a Soprano but that sounds real incorrect...Why is Towanda the only one we didn't see sing anything?!

I NEED ANSWERS.

Wait. Wha happen?!? No new episode this week. So, that was the finale then? What a bizarre way to end the season.

Edited to add: I checked the WeTV website & that definitely was the season finale. Bummer!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1

I've always said that Tony is just as shady as the rest of them and now we are getting proof.  Notice how "The Braxton's Christmas Album" slowly became "Toni Braxton's Christmas Album featuring The Braxton's" by the end of the show. 

This whole Christmas album could of waited until next year.  Tamar has an album coming out, Traci has her music and a radio show, and Trina is opening a bar.  Why in the world is Toni trying to cram a Christmas album into the three weeks she has before she goes on an international tour?

Tamar was perfectly right to bring up the scheduling question.  Yes, Christmas albums come out in the fall but Tamar had a point about it coming out so close to her own album.  I don't understand why it has to come out in the beginning of October it could come out early November and still be timely.

Tamar's album came out on October 2. She actually did quite well and has been doing well with her sophomore debut. She charged #1 for several weeks on iTunes r&b and top 100 chart. The Christmas album came out today and I've yet to see any press or any hubbub about it. And it sounds really....um....exactly what we thought it would sound like...rushed.

• Love 1

They've been running the trail or for the upcoming new season. Trina looks pregnant in her tight red dress and, they have tried to strategically impose the show's title across her stomach. Has anyone heard? Is she pregnant? Was it thirsty contractor guy?

• Love 1

Really Towanda? You can't have a private conversation with your own daughter?! (as if the kid didn't already have a clue) Ugh!

Towanda must really be desperate for a storyline...and a pathetic one at that!

• Love 1

Episode 1:

"Not My Momma!"

In the fifth-season premiere, Evelyn suffers a stroke, leading the sisters to fight about their mother.  Later, Traci has a health scare of her own.

Airs May 19, 2016.

Traci looked AMAZING in the talking head where she had the red hair and a white blouse on.  I couldn't figure out what was different, but whatever it was, she looked great.

Only Towanda would want her 9 year old daughter to have a birds and bees talk on camera....and then leave it to other people to answer the questions. 

• Love 1

Episode 2:

"Man Enough For Mommy"

Trina hires a matchmaker for Evelyn in Atlanta; and Toni takes a plunge in search of new experiences.  Later, Tamar wants to enlist the help of Tyler Henry, a medium, to connect with loved ones who have passed away, but tensions rise when Trina disagrees with her plan.

Airs May 26, 2016.

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 11:54 PM, announcergirl said:

They've been itunning the trail or for the upcoming new season. Trina looks pregnant in her tight red dress and, they have tried to strategically impose the show's title across her stomach. Has anyone heard? Is she pregnant? Was it thirsty contractor guy?

Now that I've seen IT, I can't unsee  IT! Hmmm....

I am really loving this season! I kinda tuned out last season because of Tamar overload---- I love her but between "Dancing With The Stars," "The Real," and her health ISsues, I had a bit of Tamar overload.

(Please forgive the typos, but I've been experiencing some technical difficulties with this new format. :/)

The sisters have been cracking me up a lot, well when they're not fighting with Tamar. I really wish they could resolve their Issues, but so far I haven't seen even a glimmer of hope for that. So far, Tamar's been on 10 this season & I really wish she could bring It on down to 2. I really do like her... she just takes everything so personally.

I'm glad Mommy Evelyn Is ready to date. She looks great & Is still vibrant & deserves happiness. I wanted to hear more about the men at the "The Devil Is A Lie" Party. There were some really good looking prospects! I thought the ATL matchmaker was less successful, although she herself was adorbs. The quick glance at the meetup at Bar Chix---- was that Evelyn's "Similac on his Breath" stalker or am I just having flashbacks?

(A bit off topic: great reviews online about Bar Chix. You go, Trina! The menu sounds delicious---- collard green spring rolls, truffle mac & cheese, bbq oxtails, plus the sisters' signature cocktails--- has anyone been? I still feel a little bit Iffy about the Duluth location. But, she should be having BFV viewing parties on Thursdays. Wouldn't that be fun?)

Toni's swim Instructor was a cutie pop drop, yes Indeed! I loved the way he tried to help her with her hair & swim cap, and the way he was so respectful of her feelings. Lol, I also loved the way Towanda & Tamar were clowning behind his back! They were a mess!!!

Trina was also hysterical miming Traci's orgasm situation! Funny & so far, so good---- but when the show delved deeper--- yikes!

I'm less Interested In all the ghost stuff.... 

I saw 2 different previews for next week: the first promised some dish on Tamar & "The Real," the second was a medium coming to the house. I know which one I'm voting for!

• Love 1

Has Towanda returned to being Toni's personal assistant?  What happened to her acting/hosting career? 

I agree that Tamar takes things way too personally and is always on a level 10.  That's definitely a symptom of being the youngest in a large family. And despite her trying to play hard all the time, she's definitely extremely sensitive and takes things to heart.  She probably doesn't want people to see how sensitive she is and plays up I Don't Care attitude.

• Love 1

If they keep the show on this track rather than the drama, drama, drama, I'll be back to being a big-time fan, as this is what brought me into the show Season 1.  

As much as I was through with Towanda and her ish last season, I have to admit that she is looking especially beautiful both on the show and in the talking heads this season.  

I don't like the straight, stringy mostly red hair on Traci.

• Love 1

I came here just to be messy. I figured y'all would be talking about Tracy and that speech. I'll return when you are.?

I've asked this before with no replies. Are we sure snark isn't judgment since these are real people? 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, announcergirl said:

I came here just to be messy. I figured y'all would be talking about Tracy and that speech. I'll return when you are.?

I've asked this before with no replies. Are we sure snark isn't judgment since these are real people? 

Every show we watch has real people on it (well, except for the animated ones).  In reality shows, we're commenting on these folks' "real" lives.  There's no way around it.  I do think folks try to hide nastiness behind the title of "snark", but what are ya gonna do?  I put my own limits on myself for what I think is reasonable to say and that's it.

As for judgment: We all judge.  That's a human trait.  No one really wants to get rid of judgment - we just want the judgment to be in our favor.

How many years is it going to take before Traci learns how to speak in public? Take a class or something, geez.

ALSO?!  How dumb of The Real to fire Tamar while her show was still filming.  I bet they thought BFV wouldn't edit the show to include new shit, but oops for you.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Lol!  That speech was a mess.  She is not a good reader, at all.  And how did she get up on that stage knowing that she would introduce the CEO without bothering to learn how to say his name correctly?!?  It really showcases her inexperience. 

What was that outfit Towanda wore to the gun range/laser tag place???

It was really nice to see Toni comforting Tamar about the job and about not feeling embarrassed and concerned about how everyone else will perceive it.  Great sister moment.

• Love 2

Ms. E is a beautiful woman and looks great, but I could see the effects of the stroke in her interviews. I was worried about her when she blew up during the medium conversation.

Mama E's yelling doesn't work as well when Tamar's off screen. She just seems like a screaming mama(like she did in Toni's TV movie).

I can't tell yall how hilarious I found it that Tamar actually didn't walk out, she just went to get chicken to make herself feel better.

I liked Tamar's shoutout to Toni's "Let It Flow" song off Waiting To Exhale when trying to cope with losing job at The Real (which has so many dramatic twists and turns in itself).    "First thing Monday morning, I'm gonna pack my tears away..."

• Love 1
On 6/3/2016 at 7:40 AM, divaTy said:

Has Trina always been this annoying?

She wasn't that bad until last season. Her scenes were a mix of annoying, immature and silly..quite hard to watch. In the few scenes I've watched this season, she's even worse. 

On 6/3/2016 at 11:13 AM, Watermelon said:

How many years is it going to take before Traci learns how to speak in public? Take a class or something, geez.

ALSO?!  How dumb of The Real to fire Tamar while her show was still filming.  I bet they thought BFV wouldn't edit the show to include new shit, but oops for you.

I think the parent company behind "The Real" assumed Tamar would handle the dismissal as a mature, professional adult. If she hadn't impulsively jumped on social media and outed herself, no one would know she isn't returning.

Tamar is also telling different stories regarding her dismissal. During her morning show interview with Steve Harvey, she stated she had no idea why she was let go. On BFV, the truth came out...she was dismissed because she's difficult and can't get along with anyone. She's definitely heard that before, but clearly it isn't sinking in.

Yeah, that morning show interview with Steve Harvey was a real joke.  There was nothing that was really said.  I have no doubt that they gave her a reason for firing her, she may not agree with the reason but to pretend like they didn't say anything is ridiculous.  I was waiting for Tamar to address the rumors of her fighting with the new executive producer and having an issue when Pintrest was visiting the set.  That is what is making me suspicious of her side of things.  I mean Tamar has nothing to lose why not tell the whole truth. 

• Love 2

Apparently, Tamar threw a fit after the Pinterest game segment. She supposedly flipped out back stage, and cursed the Executive Producer out. It was reported that Pinterest employees witnessed the outburst, and were not pleased. Who knows if there is any truth to this, though. 

I saw the segment on YouTube; Tamar was salty about losing, but her behavior was kinda similar to what we've seen on BFV or Tamar and Vince. Her behavior was unprofessional, but she's shown worse on her other shows. 

Tamar is ALWAYS salty about losing games. Every single time lol.  Why would her losing this time be the time she curses out a new boss?  Sounds like shenanigans to me. 

I'm having an issue with their apparent issues with Tamar being exactly who she is. It's been clear to me at least for years that she has a loud side and the side she showed on Steve Harvey. Why wait 2 years to tell the girl they want her calmer side?

• Love 2
(edited)

IMO, the behavior we see on The Real, Tamar and Vince or BFV is not who she is. She puts on a loud, sassy, immature, classless act that is off putting. I'm actually embarrassed for her during some of her scenes. Her interview with Steve was completely different. That was the real Tamar- no lip smacking, attitude or sassy foolishness. Her family and Vince seem quite tired of her antics, but she's family so they tolerate it as much as they can. An employer is a different story- they don't have to put up with foolishness. For all we know, she may  have been asked to tone it down several times, but refused to do so, leaving the studio with no choice but to fire her.

Edited by sunshine85

I don't believe it's a complete put on. An exaggeration? yes. But not a total act.    Her family seemed tired of her season 1 lol. The season that nobody really pretends or wears good makeup.  If you'll notice Mama E and tracie both had gaps and rarely wore makeup season 1.

They don't have to put up with her foolishness, but the timing of it leads me to think it's not "oh tamar is difficult and EVERYBODY thinks so" like some want to portray. It's shady shenanigans to have this girl filming season 3 promo and only fire her when Vince calls to ask about makeup for an event in July.  So had Vince not called would she have been employed for a few more weeks?  

I think it's as simple as her and the new Executive Producer butted heads and she wanted Tamar out. I don't think Tamar was screaming in front of Pinterest, I don't think EVERYBODY in the back hates her and she's some diva.  Tamar wants to work. Tamar has felt like a nobody for years and years and just lately has been popular on her own merits. I  don't have it in me to think there was some meeting telling her to tone it down(when she's already way toned down from season 1) and she was like, "Nah".  

• Love 2

Thanks, sunshine & watermelon, for the alleged back story. I think Tamar's exaggerated behavior increased when she became the "break-out" star of BFV with her dot com phrases, etc. I also believe that whomever was just waiting for Tamar to do something "over-the-top" (in their opinion) to fire her. Pretty crappy the way it went down though.

(edited)

I don't know.... I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for her. When relationship strife and falling out with folks is the norm for you, then it's time to be introspective and figure out what you're doing to cause the problems. The common denominator in all of these situations is Tamar. There were four other ladies on the panel, and Tamar was the only one affected. It can't always be everyone else's fault. There can't always be one person who has it out for her and no one else. She's driven, hard working and extremely talented, but that mouth and attitude sabotages all of her opportunities. 

Edited by sunshine85
  • Love 3

Episode 4:

"Not Famous Enough"

Towanda reveals Trina's new relationship; Traci worries about her upcoming surgery; and Tamar grows upset when Towanda goes missing at her fashion show.  Later, father issues arise for Tamar and Trina.

Airs June 9, 2016.

(edited)
On June 7, 2016 at 6:58 AM, sunshine85 said:

I don't know.... I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for her. When relationship strife and falling out with folks is the norm for you, then it's time to be introspective and figure out what you're doing to cause the problems. The common denominator in all of these situations is Tamar. There were four other ladies on the panel, and Tamar was the only one affected. It can't always be everyone else's fault. There can't always be one person who has it out for her and no one else. She's driven, hard working and extremely talented, but that mouth and attitude sabotages all of her opportunities. 

So true. She really needs to take a hard look at herself.  I rarely watch anymore because I find her so annoying. I get why Toni was comforting her but, I hope she later on gives her a word to the wise. 

I watch the Real occasionally and she's just as annoying there. I think you can even see it on the faces of the others at times. 

She may be fun and find one on one but when there's a camera or an  audience?  It's all about Tamar.

and if I ever went to BarChix and Trina's son was the host? I'd leave. WTF is it with the hair and the stupid hat? Sorry, just NO!!

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's unfortunate that, from what I read, The Real wanted Tamar alone (they already shot next season promos with her) and not an extra check for Vince doing nothing as an "Executive Producer." Vince should have encouraged her do it without him.

As for the show, WTF was Traci doing telling her son she needed to work on her jaw skills and her husband discussing their sex lives with their son (him saying he could learn something as he ran upstairs). Borderline child abuse, IMO.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, anonymiss said:

It's unfortunate that, from what I read, The Real wanted Tamar alone (they already shot next season promos with her) and not an extra check for Vince doing nothing as an "Executive Producer." Vince should have encouraged her do it without him

I agree, but apparently they're attached at the hip. From what you stated, there's obviously more than just one reason (she's too loud) for them letting her go.