Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Save the drama for your mama ... and sisters.

I'm also not buying that everything is ALWAYS Tamar's fault. The other sisters take zero accountability for their part in the dysfunction. I don't think Tamar is without fault, but they're turning her into the whipping boy and it's getting old.

What, you don't think Tamar is the only one trying to change her truth about the reality of the situation (or whatever the fuck nonsense Towanda was spouting)??
  • Love 2

I'm getting damn tired of Toni.  I'll tell you why(then I'll take it back if I'm wrong, I haven't seen this episode).

Even though she's the one who admittedly speaks to Tamar every single day, she also NEVER tells Tamar anything ever. Why wouldn't you invite your sister to the hotel? Why you depending on Trina and Towanda to do it?  And if she didn't get invited, how does that include Toni not extending the invitation, but somehow that's ok?

• Love 9
I'm getting damn tired of Toni.  I'll tell you why(then I'll take it back if I'm wrong, I haven't seen this episode).

Even though she's the one who admittedly speaks to Tamar every single day, she also NEVER tells Tamar anything ever. Why wouldn't you invite your sister to the hotel? Why you depending on Trina and Towanda to do it?  And if she didn't get invited, how does that include Toni not extending the invitation, but somehow that's ok?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  This is the reason I always add Toni in the Jealousy argument, if she wasn't jealous then she would have told the sisters that getting on stage was not the right thing to do.  If she was jealous when Tamar showed her pictures of the text she sent to the sisters after the concert she would have then told the sisters they were wrong.  The number one reason I think she is jealous is that she had not been to ANY of Tamar's shows, and she can't use the Lupus excuse because she Toni Braxton is touring.  She needs to stop pretending and state that she liked being the star of the the family and has to adjust to this new life of Tamar being a star as well. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I think it's time for Tamar to do some self evaluation. The viewers could see how the vibe at Toni's celebration dinner changed as soon as Tamar entered the room. It seemed like Vince tried to lighten the mood, but it didn't work. Tamar's posture, expressions and overall demeanor at Evelyn's dinner were totally disrespectful. I can't stand Towanda, but didn't care for the baiting tone and choice of words Tamar used towards Towanda when asking what's going on with Trina's divorce. 

Evelyn was right; Tamar is too defensive, and her out of control mouth tends to make already tense situations with her sisters worse. No, **everything** isn't Tamar's fault, but she has to admit then when she's involved, things tend to go from bad to worse. 

Edited by sunshine85
  • Love 3

I think it's time for Tamar to do some self evaluation. The viewers could see how the vibe at Toni's celebration dinner changed as soon as Tamar entered the room. It seemed like Vince tried to lighten the mood, but it didn't work. Tamar's posture, expressions and overall demeanor at Evelyn's dinner were totally disrespectful. I can't stand Towanda, but didn't care for the baiting tone and choice of words Tamar used towards Towanda when asking what's going on with Trina's divorce. 

Evelyn was right; Tamar is too defensive, and her out of control mouth tends to make already tense situations with her sisters worse. No, **everything** isn't Tamar's fault, but she has to admit then when she's involved, things tend to go from bad to worse. 

I think everyone's demeanor changed, because they knew they had not invited her and expected her to make a scene about it so they could be justified.  Of course Vince tried to lighten the mood, on the way over her probably got a ear load from Tamar because she was upset that she was excluded yet again.  They probably didn't invite her so it looked like because she didn't win last year she was not there to support Toni.  They are all on the same blame Tamar page of of course they are having fun without her.  Funny how she is the problem, but I'm bored with the story lines.  Trina needs to stop lying about Gabe, because if he really wanted to make the divorce hell and or her life, he would have went public.  Trina does not want to give up half of Bar Chic (sp) but she is wrong there to, because if Gabe didn't financially invest, we have seen him and heard from her mouth that he took care of the kids when she was touring, and if the roles were reversed she would expect something because she took care of the kids so that he could work.  

• Love 6
(edited)

I think everyone's demeanor changed, because they knew they had not invited her and expected her to make a scene about it so they could be justified.  Of course Vince tried to lighten the mood, on the way over her probably got a ear load from Tamar because she was upset that she was excluded yet again.  They probably didn't invite her so it looked like because she didn't win last year she was not there to support Toni.  They are all on the same blame Tamar page of of course they are having fun without her.  Funny how she is the problem, but I'm bored with the story lines.  Trina needs to stop lying about Gabe, because if he really wanted to make the divorce hell and or her life, he would have went public.  Trina does not want to give up half of Bar Chic (sp) but she is wrong there to, because if Gabe didn't financially invest, we have seen him and heard from her mouth that he took care of the kids when she was touring, and if the roles were reversed she would expect something because she took care of the kids so that he could work.  

She was invited to Evelyn's dinner and the same uneasiness was there. The uneasiness and tension seems apparent, when her name is brought up, or she is present. All of the sisters' behavior can't be chalked up to jealousy. I think they're fed up with Tamar not owning her bad behavior and her disrespectful mouth. Vince seems to tire of her, too (based on what I've seen on "Tamar and Vince").

If someone constantly has tension with their spouse and siblings, it should prompt the person to realize that the common denominator is them, and that a behavior adjustment is in order. 

Edited by sunshine85
  • Love 2

She was invited to Evelyn's dinner and the same uneasiness was there. The uneasiness and tension seems apparent, when her name is brought up, or she is present. All of the sisters' behavior can't be chalked up to jealousy. I think they're fed up with Tamar not owning her bad behavior and her disrespectful mouth. Vince seems to tire of her, too (based on what I've seen on "Tamar and Vince").

If someone constantly has tension with their spouse and siblings, it should prompt the person to realize that the common denominator is them, and that a behavior adjustment is in order. 

Ok, maybe they are tired of her mouth.  Why did they go on stage ruin her show, then get mad when she got upset?  They have to own their own behavior if they want to move forward.  I can't blame Tamar for her response to them getting on stage, because they knew she would not like it.  1. because they know her and 2. because Trina stated it more than once.  They have to apologize first since it was their actions that started the latest drama.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Ok, maybe they are tired of her mouth.  Why did they go on stage ruin her show, then get mad when she got upset?  They have to own their own behavior if they want to move forward.  I can't blame Tamar for her response to them getting on stage, because they knew she would not like it.  1. because they know her and 2. because Trina stated it more than once.  They have to apologize first since it was their actions that started the latest drama.  

To me, Trina and Traci's intentions were pure. They did not get on the stage to cause trouble or ruin the show. Trina had reservations, but let scheming Towanda talk her into it. I distinctly remember Trina being the only sister to come out and support Tamar and spend a few days with her during her tour. It must have been incredibly hurtful for Trina to be thrown out of Tamar's backstage area, and hear the sister she supported calling her a teletubby and mf'in b. Tamar has a tendency to be quite profane at times and let the f bombs and mf's fly, so I fully believe everything the sisters quoted her as saying backstage is true. Trina can apologize for not following her better judgement, but Tamar must own how poorly she treated her and Traci. I don't believe Traci had strong feelings about performing either way, and like Trina, just used bad judgement. She is also owed an apology, and owes Tamar one as well.

Towanda is not owed crap. She's a scheming, manipulative piece of work who thrives off of dividing the sisters. She bragged in the 2nd season that the sisters have "seasons" and there are times when some sisters are in the clique and others are not, and she sees nothing wrong with that. I remember her nasty statements to Tamar after she gave birth about not being able to help that Tamar is fat, and Towanda is skinny. Tamar wasn't fat, but Towanda in her spiteful glory, loves to push buttons.

That stated, I do think some of Tamar's anger towards the sisters regarding her Atlanta show is misplaced. Someone had to give the ok (stage mgr, producer, etc.) for the sisters to join on stage. I'm not an artist, but I doubt people are permitted to run up on stage without someone connected to the show allowing it. She needs to hold whomever allowed the sisters to walk on stage accountable as well. 

Edited by sunshine85
  • Love 2
(edited)

At least Trina in her distress started to see Towanda's self-serving nature for a second: "You picked bowling because YOU like it. How is this supposed to make me feel better?" But Towanda smoothly soothes her and I thought maybe I'm judging Towanda too harshly, but then she admits, "We're getting on stage with Toni. I have to make her feel better in time!" I also snorted at dinner when Towanda said to Tamar, "I can't tell her business if she don't want me to." AHAHAHAHA that's all this bitch is known for.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 4

I don't think all the sisters are jealous of Tamar. The jealousy seethes from Towanda, and she uses the different situations, coupled with Tamar's over the top reactions and defensiveness to everything, to get the other 2 on her side. She does it so well, that they can't even see that she's playing them. Tamar certainly has her issues, but she's definitely right when she says the others gang up on he at times.

I've never thought about Toni being jealous of Tamar, but I can see it. The old diva being replaced by the new one. Toni always claims she's staying out of it because she wants them to work it out between themselves, but I think if she really wanted to help, she would.

I thought Tamar looked amazing with the short dirty blonde, angled bob and make up in her talking head.

• Love 4

I don't think all the sisters are jealous of Tamar. The jealousy seethes from Towanda, and she uses the different situations, coupled with Tamar's over the top reactions and defensiveness to everything, to get the other 2 on her side. She does it so well, that they can't even see that she's playing them. Tamar certainly has her issues, but she's definitely right when she says the others gang up on he at times.

I've never thought about Toni being jealous of Tamar, but I can see it. The old diva being replaced by the new one. Toni always claims she's staying out of it because she wants them to work it out between themselves, but I think if she really wanted to help, she would.

I thought Tamar looked amazing with the short dirty blonde, angled bob and make up in her talking head.

Toni's jealousy was showing big time in Season 2. Tamar was getting all the attention, while Toni was in the middle of her 2nd bankruptcy and her career was stalled. Toni is human and I can see why she would have felt jealous, but Toni is a household name and a superstar during her time. Although Tamar is extremely talented with a beautiful voice, she will never reach Toni's level of popularity. I wonder if Toni came to the same realization, and it helped to put her jealousy in check.

• Love 2
(edited)

To me, Trina and Traci's intentions were pure. They did not get on the stage to cause trouble or ruin the show. Trina had reservations, but let scheming Towanda talk her into it. I distinctly remember Trina being the only sister to come out and support Tamar and spend a few days with her during her tour. It must have been incredibly hurtful for Trina to be thrown out of Tamar's backstage area, and hear the sister she supported calling her a teletubby and mf'in b. Tamar has a tendency to be quite profane at times and let the f bombs and mf's fly, so I fully believe everything the sisters quoted her as saying backstage is true. Trina can apologize for not following her better judgement, but Tamar must own how poorly she treated her and Traci. I don't believe Traci had strong feelings about performing either way, and like Trina, just used bad judgement. She is also owed an apology, and owes Tamar one as well.

Towanda is not owed crap. She's a scheming, manipulative piece of work who thrives off of dividing the sisters. She bragged in the 2nd season that the sisters have "seasons" and there are times when some sisters are in the clique and others are not, and she sees nothing wrong with that. I remember her nasty statements to Tamar after she gave birth about not being able to help that Tamar is fat, and Towanda is skinny. Tamar wasn't fat, but Towanda in her spiteful glory, loves to push buttons.

That stated, I do think some of Tamar's anger towards the sisters regarding her Atlanta show is misplaced. Someone had to give the ok (stage mgr, producer, etc.) for the sisters to join on stage. I'm not an artist, but I doubt people are permitted to run up on stage without someone connected to the show allowing it. She needs to hold whomever allowed the sisters to walk on stage accountable as well.

****Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding!*****

Very perceptive! The young man who told Tamar's family to leave apologized to Tamar in a previous episode. Maybe he should apologize to her family members as well. Clearly they are all still blaming her for what he did. (It reminds me of the episode a while back when Toni was training a new assistant. He was earnest but Toni complained that she needed him to be "a little more psychic"---that is, to understand things that are not explicitly stated.) Yes, Tamar could have given him more specific instructions, but in the heat of the moment he misunderstood what she really wanted him to do.

You bring up a fine point. Other people (maybe even Vince!) had to have known about the sisters' impromptu backup dancing before the shit actually hit the fan. They're involved in this mess, too. Poor communication all around.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3

Not unless The Real doesn't get picked up for another season. Tamar is very popular on this show, as one of 5 ladies on a panel discussing all types of subjects. As of now, this show seems to be fairly successful. And as long as Tamar, Toni and Vincent Herbert are producing the show, I don't see Tamar going anywhere.

Wow, I had NO idea she was involved with The Real that deeply! She never makes it seems like she plays any other part in it than being a co-host... she always seems genuinely grateful to have the job. That's great though! Go Tamar! I'm also happy to hear that Toni gets something from it too, she won't be performing much longer (she's not keeping up with current trends, and the novelty is wearing off again)

• Love 4

It has been obvious to me for some time that Traci is an alcoholic. The question is why did it take the sisters so long to recognize the problem, especially since they went through it with Trina.

I wanted there to be more to Tamar's stalker claim than the TH we saw in the commercial. Who is that man? How long has he been stalking Tamar? How is he in a position to be selling information about the family to gossip magazines? Are the sisters aware of who he is and what he is doing? How did he come to know and be close enough to Towanda to merit an invite to an event that was supposed to be a family moment?

I saw Tamar on RuPaul and she was really great. I forgot that Roxie did an impersonation of Tamar for her season's Snatch Game. I was happy to see Ru just being a person, talking to Tamar. I'm used to seeing her "on" all the time.

• Love 3

*deep sigh*  I think I'm gonna have to cut this show loose.

Reality TV destroys families, I don't care what anyone says.  Would Trina or Traci have been alcoholics if they hadn't begun appearing on this show?  Not saying that the stresses of life can't drive one to drink, but the cameras are totally exacerbating the situation.  What's even more disturbing is that these very real, very damaging issues...are being used for STORYLINES?  Is that where we are in life?  "Oh Lord, Traci out here stumbling drunk...did you get it on camera?!  You didn't?  Okay Traci, get up, they're gonna have you stumble out the door again, they had technical issues and they didn't get the shot, up you get, come on..."

What's really turning me off from this show though, is the continued red-headed stepchild treatment of Traci.  She needs to get some counseling STAT because at 40+ years old, she's STILL looking to be validated by the sisters...who are still looking to be validated by Toni.  It's repugnant.  It's like, seriously Traci?  Were you REALLY being honored at an event, but you skipped it to make a 3-minute appearance at a jazz festival?  Stop playing.  Are we THAT thirsty to be up under Toni, to be seen with Toni under the extra-bright lights?  There was NO reason why Traci couldn't tell Toni that she's doesn't feel supported professionally, but she could tell us in a talking head?  Sad.  She actually sit there and let Toni do the whole "I'm not judging, but I'm so judging" thing.  "You lost weight!"  Good job, phoni Toni.  How often do you all think those two interact, one-on-one?

I was pissed with the whole trailer scene; you know your sister, and you know she's drunk--why not pull her aside, no camera, and talk to her?  No, Trina and Towanda just sit there and give each other knowing looks, and even Antavius and Omarosa are in on the laughs!  Let's all just laugh at the trainwreck!  These heifers have NO loyalty...I would never IN LIFE let my folk appear on camera acting any old kind of way.  And I for damn sure will NOT let you laugh at them in front of me.  These chicks are so Hollywood with it, I can't even...  Then you see Evelyn going out with her favored (read: rich and famous) daughters, and it's nothing but suppressed smirks when talking about Traci.  Man...

With that said, I applaud Trina at their dinner and saying that Toni doesn't keep promises.  It really appears to me that Toni ain't really doing a damn thing in terms of "support" unless those cameras are rolling.  If you don't live close by, or are not a part of her "Get Fresh Crew", she could take it or leave it.  Years of being Toni "the" Braxton, I guess.  Even poor Denim is looking like a second-class citizen next to his younger, "special" brother.

I believe the "stalker" Tamar is talking about is Toni's (former) assistant who she was beefing with on social media.  These sisters are so bizarre--the assistant was working for Toni or alongside Towanda for her Secret Squirrel agency, but actively beefing with Tamar.  Like, in what universe does that happen?  How are you working for me, but arguing with my sister?  And I mean, the little back and forth that I saw between the two was very personal, very nasty insults.  Said assistant was in the fold for a while, too, if he's not still involved with them.  Again, these women are effing crazy.  No real loyalty, it seems like.

Next week: a "sister-vention"!  I have a remedy for y'all: get the fuck off camera and have a real conversation for once.  And stop trying to butter up to Toni, y'all are adults now.  She'll probably respect you more if you let her little ass have it one good time.  And as obnoxious as Tamar can be, give her her props for using the show's platform properly and launching a career for herself.  Nothing wrong with telling her that she is annoying, loud, defensive, insecure, a bit narcissistic and insensitive...because she is.  But fucking let Tamar know that, don't just go silent and then start being passive-aggressive with her.  Or pull stunts like having your assistant shade her for you on Twitter...

• Love 12

I couldn't help but smile when the sisters (sans Tamar) were all performing together. It's really too bad The Braxtons with Traci didn't have their gospel album or any album or even single all together. That would foster their sisterhood since trying to keep up with The Fame Monster is what's tearing them apart now.

I am so excited for next week from the previews. 

• Love 1

Reality TV destroys families, I don't care what anyone says. Would Trina or Traci have been alcoholics if they hadn't begun appearing on this show? Not saying that the stresses of life can't drive one to drink, but the cameras are totally exacerbating the situation. What's even more disturbing is that these very real, very damaging issues...are being used for STORYLINES? Is that where we are in life? "Oh Lord, Traci out here stumbling drunk...did you get it on camera?! You didn't? Okay Traci, get up, they're gonna have you stumble out the door again, they had technical issues and they didn't get the shot, up you get, come on..."

One of the main story lines of the first season was Trina's heavy drinking. I think they revealed her dui on the first episode.

• Love 2
(edited)

I say " Got Dayum!!!"

I haven't watched the latest episodes closely; need to catch up on the latest commentary here.... Also, let me state out front that I am a Tamar fan, though I certainly *get* folks not liking Tamar's loudness & OTT mannerisms...

But, I say " Got Dayum!!!"

Those were some straight, COLD-hearted bitches!!!! , the sisters, to sit there & watch Tamar in FULL ON breakdown mode---UGLY CRY MODE!!!!---& not make a move to comfort her. Thank God Mama Braxton & Bishop T.D. Jakes were there to keep her from jumping off the ledge.

I say "Got Dayum!!!" That was some cold-hearted shit!!!

*clutching my pearls!* Whew! Such a potty mouth! But, DAYUM!!!!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 5
(edited)

I say " Got Dayum!!!"

I haven't watched the latest episodes closely; need to catch up on the latest commentary here.... Also, let me state out front that I am a Tamar fan, though I certainly *get* folks not liking Tamar's loudness & OTT mannerisms...

But, I say " Got Dayum!!!"

Those were some straight, COLD-hearted bitches!!!! , the sisters, to sit there & watch Tamar in FULL ON breakdown mode---UGLY CRY MODE!!!!---& not make a move to comfort her. Thank God Mama Braxton & Bishop T.D. Jakes were there to keep her from jumping off the ledge.

I say "Got Dayum!!!" That was some cold-hearted shit!!!

*clutching my pearls!* Whew! Such a potty mouth! But, DAYUM!!!!

LOL! I thought it was cold hearted, too....at first, but their cold hearted reaction confirms what I thought: some serious stuff has gone on behind the scenes, and everyone is seriously over Tamar. They are used to seeing her extreme reactions, and have learned through experience, that the best reaction is no reaction. I didn't know how Trina kept her cool with Tamar in the restaurant an episode or so ago, when Tamar lost it and began cursing and being overly dramatic. Now, I understand Trina's reaction. She knows that getting angry or emotional in response to Tamar's emotions just make the situation worse. 

I felt for Tamar when she was crying, but it was so telling that absolutely no one, but Evelyn, was moved by her emotion. I hate to agree with anything Towanda says, but I think she's correct when she said Tamar rewrites history. When watching Tamar, I get a gut feeling that she isn't being honest and telling things as they really happened, but on some level, she doesn't even realize that she isn't being truthful. Its like she's so self absorbed she cannot see how her actions affect others or that what she does is flat out wrong. Take Diesel's speech for example....she was in no danger from her 'stalker'. Her husband is 6' something, 300+ pounds, and there was likely security everywhere, so she clearly had nothing to worry about. I get not wanting to be around someone you don't like, but this event was about her nephew. She could have put her uneasiness aside, and supported her nephew. Instead, she choose to be selfish and pout at the hotel. It was sad to see how disappointed Diesel was, and to hear that he texted her and was waiting to see if her and Vince would show. Even when confronted by Toni, she still couldn't/wouldn't accept that she was wrong. Dealing with behavior like that regularly would be exhausting, and would likely make most people not want to deal with her. 

As for the infamous Atlanta show... I don't believe that Tamar didn't have them kicked out. I just don't. She goes from zero to 1000 in seconds. I don't believe her assistant misunderstood anything. I think she did force them to leave, but later decided to throw her assistant under the bus after she saw how much it upset her sisters. We all do crappy stuff when we're mad, but sometimes, taking responsibility and offering a sincere apology is the only way we can hope to fix/smooth over whatever we did in anger. 

Edited by sunshine85
  • Love 6

So...i'm watching now. It's clear TOWANDA'S messy ass brought a friend she knew didn't like Tamar.

Should Tamar have been the bigger person? Sure. But, she knew exactly what that was. And why would Towanda do that?  It gets lost in Tamar disappointing Diezel that Towanda set her right the hell up. 

• Love 8

So...i'm watching now. It's clear TOWANDA'S messy ass brought a friend she knew didn't like Tamar.

Should Tamar have been the bigger person? Sure. But, she knew exactly what that was. And why would Towanda do that?  It gets lost in Tamar disappointing Diezel that Towanda set her right the hell up. 

Yeah, that's true. Trina even told Towanda that if it were her, she wouldn't have brought someone who she knows causes conflict among the family (or something along those lines). You could tell Towanda wasn't having that. 

It would have been best for Tamar to still attend, and not let the 'stalker' ruffle her feathers. Every time she reacts poorly (e.g. leaving the award show or getting pissed like she did in Atlanta), she allows Towanda's shady butt to win.

• Love 5
(edited)

AND ANOTHER THING. Tamar told EVERYBODY that this negro makes her uncomfortable, so TONI hires him to do Diezel's Social Media?  Biiiitch.

Toni gets away with murder. MURDER I SAY.

To tell Tamar she should have gone there, and demanded he be moved away from her(like that wouldn't have caused a scene), when really, he never should have been there.  

Edited by Watermelon
  • Love 7

AND ANOTHER THING. Tamar told EVERYBODY that this negro makes her uncomfortable, so TONI hires him to do Diezel's Social Media?  Biiiitch.

Toni gets away with murder. MURDER I SAY.

To tell Tamar she should have gone there, and demanded he be moved away from her(like that wouldn't have caused a scene), when really, he never should have been there.

If she had done what Toni said, Tamar would have been accused of causing a scene and making the the event all about her and not Diesel. Exactly what she said she was trying to avoid. It really was a no win situation for her.....and another brilliantly masterminded plot by Towanda. She really needs to go work for the CIA or some shadow black book corporation where she can put her skills to good use, like taking down terrorists.
  • Love 7

Basically, Tamar is the family scapegoat. http://www.joy2meu.com/DysfunctionalFamilies.htm  I am not saying that Tamar does not contribute to the bad family dynamics, she definitely does; but by pretending that all of their negativity is Tamar's fault, that every bad interaction is cause by Tamar's behavior, it allows the other sisters to ignore their own role in the family.  (I also suspect that Traci has played the role of scapegoat in the past).

Towanda doesn't have to examine why she brought someone to a family event when she was well aware this person made her sister uncomfortable/unhappy because everyone is focusing on Tamar's reaction.  Traci and Trina don't have to ask themselves why they react to Tamar the way they do, when it's much easier to berate her or blank her for her transgressions.  Toni does not have to ask herself if part of her new-found impatience with Tamar stems from Tamar's success and her being less deferential to "The Braxton."  I really hope TD Jakes dropped some home truths on these women and that it made a seed of something to grow in them. 

I was actually surprised Evelyn took some responsibility for the dynamics between the sisters (and that Toni mentioned the show's possible role).  I was struck during the first few seasons by how bitter Evelyn still was about they way her marriage ended and I felt that maybe unknowingly, by still being so angry, she was forcing her children to chose between her and their father. 

• Love 9
(edited)
I was actually surprised Evelyn took some responsibility for the dynamics between the sisters (and that Toni mentioned the show's possible role).  I was struck during the first few seasons by how bitter Evelyn still was about they way her marriage ended and I felt that maybe unknowingly, by still being so angry, she was forcing her children to chose between her and their father. 

Good afternoon Your Grace LOL!!! I love that we're forced to address you by a regal pseudonym.

So this last paragraph here?  On my daily walk to the path train with my neighbor, she said this exact thing nearly verbatim.  The girls are stuck in the moment when Braxton left because of a bunch of things but primarily because it has never been addressed (ya'll have watched longer than I, is that true?).  They're mad at what his leaving did to their family, that after x number of years with Evelyn, she deserved a better, more dignified departure than she got, that without preamble he wants to shove his new wife down their throat and makes it clear that he's a leave and cleaver (remember not coming to one of Trina and Gabe's weddings? lol, no shade).  I agreed with her, I think if you have a family trauma or something bad enough to be viewed as one, you really do tend to be paralyzed in time right there until somebody says hey I think you're fucked up behind this, let's talk about it.   I want that guy to be TD Jakes.  IMO, the girls don't even have a choice about who to side with, Braxton, by some of his own admissions, was every kind of wrong there is, he just needs to say that to his ex wife and their children.  By the way are we raggedy for always forgetting Michael? lol.

I agree with whomever said Toni is dead wrong for always staying out of it.  Saying/doing nothing is not neutrality, it's indifference, which, according to some philosopher or snapple bottle cap, is the opposite of love.  Speak the hell up Toni.   I'm embarrassed that the rest of them haven't peeped Towanda's game yet, she's actually not that crafty, it's just that the rest of them are so damn predictable. Stop feeding.  There are enough other people in this family that anything that comes out of Towanda's mouth can and should be cosigned by at least 2 other borrowers.   Whose fault it they slow?

eta: Trina was Gabe's wife, not Traci.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 6
(edited)

Yes, the sisters' reactions were cold-blooded and heartless. Yes, Tamar probably plays the victims game, but to me the most revealing statement came from Traci, when she talked about Tamar's standing as "the baby." Every last one of them, from parents to siblings as we have seen since Season One have contributed to the creation of the "Tamonster." She was spoiled and indulged for her entire life. The very behavior they now see as horrid, they used to think was cute. I see it with parents and family members all the time. The child is included in "Grown Folks Business" as the saying goes; they are allowed to be head-snapping, lip-smacking, loud-mouth, know-it-alls and people laugh and say, "Oh, that's just _____________ being silly, she don't mean nothing by it." Well left unchecked, that child grows into a Tamar, and the very dysfunction you helped create, becomes the very dysfunction, you can no longer tolerate. Tamar is abrasive and lacks boundaries because she has been encouraged and indulged. Now, no matter how wrong she is, and yes, she can be wrong quite frequently, until the rest of the family owns their ish and the role they have played in creating this monster, nothing can or will improve.

Towanda is seriously disturbed and nothing made that clearer than she she and Trina were speaking and Trina, who is mad at Tamar, stated that Towanda should not have brought the stalker to the event. There was no understanding, contrition or compassion. She truly will not be satisfied until Tamar has been ostracized from the family forever. Notice how I said satisfied, and not happy; this is because the Towanda's of this world are never truly happy as long as they perceive someone as having even an inch more than them, because their misery and internalized self-loathing is so absolute. Well Trina and Traci better watch their backs because once Towanda has finished off Tamar, she will turn her attention to them. She is a hanger-on, so Toni is most likely safe.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 11

Reading everyone's comments makes me really want to watch last night's episode. I know that Tamar is OTT times like a million, and she may be spoiled, but she works her ass off. And as I always say each week, the others are jealous because she really does have it all: husband she's happy with, fabulous home that there's no danger of the bank taking away, a nice baby and maybe another on the way in the future, all kinds of professional opportunities... And she also takes good care of her mother.

I also think that fucking Towanda, who as happytobehere said is truly disturbed, and Tracy and Trina need to apologize for interrupting her show. And I hope that she secretly did tell the assistant to kick their asses out because they damn well deserved it. And Trina knew immediately after it was a huge mistake. My question is, as someone who was also trying to make her bones on stage on her own, why did she go along with Towanda's stupid plan in the first place?

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm in the middle of watching it now, so I'll be back later with more thoughts but here's an immediate reaction: Toni was absolutely wrong to hire that man for the event, given that she knew Tamar felt uncomfortable around him. There is no way in the world it was okay to have him there. There is no reason she could give that would change my mind on that. Tamar is abrasive. She is loud. She is way too much. She is also Toni's sister and from what we've been told and shown, Toni's biggest support. What Toni did was disloyal to a shocking degree and should have been called out over and over again. If that man is indeed a stalker, Toni put Tamar in harm's way and if he isn't, he nonetheless makes Tamar uncomfortable so having him around her, is, in my mind, an act of aggression. Shame on Toni and shame on the rest of the family for not calling that shit out with a quickness.

During that tete-a-tete between Mommy and Braxton, I got my first glimpse of where Towanda gets it. That is pure Ms. E. When Braxton said the girls don't talk to him and the screen switched to Mommy's talking head, she did that "innocent" eyelash fluttering and shrugging just like Towanda does. Her mouth said, "I had no idea". Her body language said, "Yes, I did and I encouraged it. Good enough for you." Ain't no shade like church mother shade. I saw that and I felt that iciness all the way over here.

Edited by SistaLadybug
  • Love 12

During that tete-a-tete between Mommy and Braxton, I got my first glimpse of where Towanda gets it. That is pure Ms. E. When Braxton said the girls don't talk to him and the screen switched to Mommy's talking head, she did that "innocent" eyelash fluttering and shrugging just like Towanda does. Her mouth said, "I had no idea". Her body language said, "Yes, I did and I encouraged it. Good enough for you." Ain't no shade like church mother shade. I saw that and I felt that iciness all the way over here.

Thank you, I am glad someone else picked up on the fakeness that is Mama E. You can't tell me that she didn't (gleefully) know that her daughters had iced out Papa Dukes. But that's just the way she wants it, to keep the sympathy flowing her way. Truth be told, she doesn't strike me as a very warm and nurturing woman at all. You see how we don't hear anymore about her "counseling" service. Yeah...

I don't like to talk about people's looks...but I'm about to talk about people's looks. I am convinced that if Traci was thinner, cuter, and had more polish, she would be next to Toni and Tamar as top dogs in the family and not such an outsider.  But because she had a baby first, is on the thicker side, mangles the English language, is sloppy when drunk, and does not have a conventionally attractive face, she's easy prey. Especially when I'm sure the parents probably showed favoritism to Toni and Tamar as superstar and baby star, respectively. You gotta get in where you fit with the Braxton clan.

Which reminds me...not everyone who likes to sing, can sing well, or who has a famous sibling who is a singer...needs to become a singer themselves. There is nothing wrong with choosing an alternative path. As long as she tries to stay in the fame and limelight orbit of her sisters, Traci will always be odd man out, or as they so sensitively called her in Season 1, the Wannabe (WTF??). If she had stayed on her cosmetology grind, she might have really done well for herself outside of the "family business." Hell, if she played her cards right she could have had a spin-off called DMV Hair, instead of the trainwreck that is Beautii 'n them from Cutting it in the Atl.

• Love 10
(edited)

Yes they are a bunch of cold bitter bitches, but I did see Toni look conflicted about whether or not to comfort Tamar. It seemed like she would have gone over to her had the formalities of the session not been present--if Bishop wasn't sitting in between them as a gatekeeper.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 4
(edited)

...But because she had a baby first,

Actually, I think Trina's eldest son is older than Kevin. If I'm not mistaken, part of Traci's bitterness was that Trina wasn't forced out of the group because she had a baby while Traci was. But I think your overall point about her singing ability is correct. Traci was a part of the group because she is their sister. When the record people checked their voices, they noticed what we do. At best, Traci is a background singer. Her pregnancy became the excuse they needed to get rid of her non-singing, mumble-mouthed, sloppy self. I can't recall if Traci was chubby back then.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 5

Maybe Towanda's so bitter because she's looked like she was 45 for the past 20 years.

::loudspeaker::  crashcart to the Save the Drama thread, stat!  All emergency personnel, code blue in the Save the Drama thread!

• Love 2

:)

Now that I'm done being terrible, a small glance at those photos indicates that Trina used to be the ACTUAL skinny one, Towanda always led with her ass, Tamar is only not a thicksnack due to medical intervention and/or willpower, and Traci looked common and boring even back then.

• Love 3
(edited)

Towanda has always looked like a snake and she said she hates how her name is the only ethnic one so she's been mad since birth. 

Trina has always been pretty and nicest it seems, inside and out. 

I think Traci actually looks cute. And I was checking for her ballet legs. She still has those graceful dancer's legs.

I was about to comment on the good nose job Tamar had but perhaps it was just weight loss and now contouring. Tamar's first solo album when she was a teenager came out after The Braxtons "So Many Ways" right? I remember she got really fit and slim for it and was shown working out in the first single video. 

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 2

Towanda has always looked like a snake and she said she hates how her name is the only ethnic one so she's been mad since birth. 

Trina has always been pretty and nicest it seems, inside and out. 

I think Traci actually looks cute. And I was checking for her ballet legs. She still has those graceful dancer's legs.

I was about to comment on the good nose job Tamar had but perhaps it was just weight loss and now contouring. Tamar's first solo album when she was a teenager came out after The Braxtons "So Many Ways" right? I remember she got really fit and slim for it and was shown working out in the first single video. 

Tamar's nose job is TERRIBLE.  Some time over the last month or so I realized her nostrils are two total and complete sizes. True, it looks right from the front, but every time she tilts her head up, all i see is the small nostril on the left.

• Love 1

lol I see. I've never noticed but now I remember her complaining about not being able to breathe so she had to have corrective surgery (2nd nose job). I think she's made the best of it now. 

• Love 1

Towanda is SO hateful! Once she realized Bishop wasn't going to put the blame solely on Tamar she checked all the way out of that counseling session.

Also, Traci's r*******. Like actually, mildly, but really r*******. I will not be convinced otherwise.

• Love 7

Watching this episode just confirmed that Towanda came by her nasty naturally via Evelyn. Two witches in one family, it's amazing they maintain any semblance of a relationship with the hate monsters hovering. You can just tell Towanda is itching for the next wedge between the sisters to develop. Did you see her face as BISHOP jakes was speaking, total hostility with the phony let's try act for the cameras and her family until she can hatch her next plot. I used to get upset that the captions refer to Towanda as the "responsible one," I never got how the show thought miss, my man's a bum, we live off my relations and I can only be employed by my family was responsible. I now realize the moniker is the show's way of shading Towanda. She is the "responsible one;" she's responsible for all the rancor within the family.

• Love 4

I love how Bishop read them for filth, calling them "spoiled" and "a disgrace."

His complete smack down of all of them was glorious and thoroughly enjoyable. However, he failed to give them an action items or strategies to help work through their issues. So once again, they never actually solved anything. The niceness will only last for so long before they're all back at each other's (or Tamar's) throat again.

And I normally can't stand babies, but Logan is absolutely adorbs!!

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't really fool with the Bishop, he said "toxitity" and I gave him a side eye, but when he snatched them bald I was over her crying, CRYING. He had me talking to myself saying "I don't want to lose my family" and we ain't even going through shit!

Edited by Whitley Trillbert
  • Love 2
(edited)

While I enjoyed the Bishop smack down especially for Toni (Dr. Sherry seems to wrapped up in Toni's celebrity to call her out), there was actually no resolution. There should have been some apologizing from everyone and a now let's move on. What I heard from Towanda and co was that it was not done maliciously and we have done it to Toni so it should have been ok. Even after Tamar stated that she had not spoken to Towanda in MONTHS, so how could she know if it was a good idea to surprise her on stage, Towanda, none of the sisters budged. If that was me and I knew I didn't do it to hurt you, forget your reaction, I would apologize because it hurt you. To me that shows that the sister wanted/want to hurt Tamar, regardless of the intend the reality was Tamar was hurt. That is why they can't move on because once they acknowledge that the meant to harm but understand Tamar's anger/frustration, then Tamar can let up and say well I was hurt and lashed out. I really don't think she has anything to apologized for her sisters deserved to be cursed for getting on to her stage like that. Part of the problem may have been because they were taping BFV, the backstage people didn't know if the sisters getting on stage was part of the show or not (my opinion). Part of the problem with the family is that they still think it's 1996 ? and Toni is on top therefore they need to kiss her ass and bow down to her. I want to feel bad for Traci because she is not getting the support she needs from her family, but last year when Tamar was yelling it from the roof top Traci made no effort to support Tamar. I think if she would have made that effort she would be getting the same from Tamar. Toni resents having to bring her sisters along for there success ride and is pissed Tamar does not have to, but Tamar is bring Toni along, at this point in her career. 1. she is a Executive Producer on The Real (she would not be if not for Tamar) and 2. Can anyone honestly say they would tune in every week to watch Toni and crew. They are dull even in there see through gang up they are dull. As pissed as they are about Tamar, if she decided to stop doing the show today, they would go crazy.

Edited by Easyspreestep
  • Love 4
(edited)

I can appreciate what Bishop Jakes had to say and I agree that in general, we all tend to focus on petty shit when there are people going through very serious issues. However, the sisters will never change. I bet they're still beefing with Tamar now. She was supposed to be on the Tom Joyner show last week and she cancelled allegedly because the episode before last upset her. I do think Towanda likes to see Tamar hurt. She always looks like she's suppressing a smile when Tamar is upset. With sisters like her, who needs enemies?

I wish Tamar would throw up the deuces and leave the show. There are rumors that Vince has had some financial problems so they'll probably ride this show until the wheels fall off. But really, if the ladies don't want to fuck with her off-camera, she needs to stop fucking with them on-camera. Let's see how they'd deal then. Toni is the only one she hangs out with anyways. I honestly think Tamar and Traci could be closer if the circumstances were right, however, the ship has sailed on Towanda and Trina.

I hope the sisters work on their relationship with their father. He may have made mistakes in the past, but I do think he means well. Miss Evelyn can be so frosty...I know Papa Braxton cheated on her and moved on, but the tight-lipped facial expression in the RV was unsettling. I think she needs to take partial responsibility for why her daughters have such weird relationships with one another. Very curious about Michael Jr...I wonder what he thinks of his sisters.

On another note - I've met Traci and she isn't big at all. I know people look bigger on television than they do in real life, but she looks to be a healthy weight and she has a beautiful face.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3