Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Save the drama for your mama ... and sisters.

(edited)

Bit of a *whaa-whaa* from last episode's cliffhangers.

Traci's son is NOT expecting a baby (mmm...so he says) & Trina's big reveal is that Gabe wants half of everything + alimony + she has to get out of the house in 5 days, horrible, yes, but not waaay over the top scandalous. I agree with the sisters that he's a total jerk, but people do play hardball in divorce proceedings. Poor Trina! She's in soo much pain. We've all been the "dumb girl" at one point in our lives. (Well, maybe not that dumb.)

I'm glad Mama Braxton's surgery went well. I laughed at Tamar's song entering the recovery room, trying to lighten the mood. Also, I thought Vince was very supportive to the whole family. Overall, it was nice to see the family rally around one another during a hard time.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 4

Towanda really is horrid. Her smugly saying, "I hope everyone is as supportive as me" speaks to her grasping at anything like this for superiority and worth because she has no other means of it. And this is her idea of "supportive:" 

"Yeah, you DID marry a bitch." AKA "I told you so."

"I never once thought Andre would do what Gabe is trying to do to Trina" AKA "I'm better than Trina."

And then barely containing her merriment during Trina's breakdown. Her mouth kept twitching into a grin and her stupid faces were those of an amused detached spectator rather than caring sister. Trina sobs, "I feel so stupid and dumb!" So Towanda makes her feel even dumber, "Why you feeling dumb!? There's no reason to feel dumb!"

Contrast that to Toni's somber support and Traci and Tamar's blood boiling out of protectiveness and Tamar being moved to tears with Trina.

I LOL'd at the Andre flashback where he told Towanda, "Good riddance!" HAHAHAHAH

Maybe Towanda feels secure enough to show her relationship with Andre now that she can feel above Trina and her choice of man.

I hope there will be more levity to this season. This ish is depressing!

• Love 6

Can someone explain to me why over the course of Evelyn's surgery Tamar's here changed from bleached blonde, to dirty blonde, to black? They're constantly changing hair over what was supposed to be 3 days was driving me crazy.

Towanda really is horrid. Her smugly saying, "I hope everyone is as supportive as me" speaks to her grasping at anything like this for superiority and worth because she has no other means of it. And this is her idea of "supportive:" 

"I never once thought Andre would do what Gabe is trying to do to Trina" AKA "I'm better than Trina."

And then barely containing her merriment during Trina's breakdown. Her mouth kept twitching into a grin and her stupid faces were those of an amused detached spectator rather than caring sister. Trina sobs, "I feel so stupid and dumb!" So Towanda makes her feel even dumber, "Why you feeling dumb!? There's no reason to feel dumb!"

I felt the same way. Also, the way she kept bringing up Trina's situation out of the blued kept rubbing me the wrong way. If she was so supportive, she would have offered Trina and her boys to stay at her new, big place immediately. I noticed she was awfully quiet every time Trina talked about having to move. I would bet good money on Towanda not offering, despite living up in Trina and Gabe's house with her whole family and not contributing a dime.

Also, the reason Andre wouldn't do what Gabe's doing is because Towanda and family have paid for everything while Andre sat around "writing a book" and babysitting his own kids.

I feel so bad about Trina's situation. My parents (mom and step dad) had an awful marriage, but a very amicable divorce. I was on my step dad's health insurance until I was 24. He even includes me on his life insurance, higher than his new wife and equal to my sister, his bio child. We, my mom and I, still attend all his family functions, and he still attends all of ours. My stepdad, his mom, and siblings were even all at my mom's second wedding. So it's really hard for me to understand how Gabe can be so ruthless to kids he has raised as his own. But I get it....someone people are just assholes who want to win at all costs.

• Love 6

Traci's son is NOT expecting a baby (mmm...so he says)

Right?  If she ain't pregnant now, then it probably won't be far behind.  And boo to his girlfriend being 17 and him being 19!  I hope her father didn't give that boy his blessing!  They're both far too young.  And didn't Kevin Jr. say that he and the girl have been together for three years?  Foul on the play!

Contrast that to Toni's somber support and Traci and Tamar's blood boiling out of protectiveness and Tamar being moved to tears with Trina.

Towanda's way of being supportive is being there, doing research for you, assisting you, etc.  I believe she was great moral support for Trina as she went to court with her.  Beyond that, I don't think Towanda is capable.  She doesn't strike me as all that emotionally sensitive.  Well, except when she's had enough of being ignored.  Anyway, I was waiting for one of the sisters to reach out and hug Trina, she was in so much pain, poor girl.  And then Tamar shooting her mouth off at the lunch table, and Traci actually having to tell her to bring it down a notch.  Like, not about you right now, Tamar.  I do agree with her telling Trina not to pack up the house alone.

Can someone explain to me why over the course of Evelyn's surgery Tamar's here changed from bleached blonde, to dirty blonde, to black? They're constantly changing hair over what was supposed to be 3 days was driving me crazy.

I feel so bad about Trina's situation. My parents (mom and step dad) had an awful marriage, but a very amicable divorce. I was on my step dad's health insurance until I was 24. He even includes me on his life insurance, higher than his new wife and equal to my sister, his bio child. We, my mom and I, still attend all his family functions, and he still attends all of ours. My stepdad, his mom, and siblings were even all at my mom's second wedding. So it's really hard for me to understand how Gabe can be so ruthless to kids he has raised as his own. But I get it....someone people are just assholes who want to win at all costs.

The wonders of the wig!  You can floss 85 different looks in a 72-hour period.

Your stepdad sounds like a great guy, like a non-sociopath.  At any rate, 14 years is too long to completely write your stepsons off to spite their mother, he should be better than that, but he's clearly not.  So was it actually love or control?  I'm thinking that even if he was hurting and angry with Trina, he'd still be able to talk to the boys and keep them at least on the life insurance policy.  Selling the house I can see--telling your soon-to-be ex-wife "Get your sons out of MY house" and "I'm taking YOUR sons off of MY policy" is lower than low, and it's possible that he only saw the boys as a means to an end (Trina).  Sad.

Evelyn looked so weak and small in that hospital bed, it's a shame the cameras couldn't give her a few days.  However, did you see those heifers (namely Trina) drooling over the physician's assistant?  LOL!  Let that ink dry first, Tri!

• Love 2
(edited)

Towanda's way of being supportive is being there, doing research for you, assisting you, etc.  I believe she was great moral support for Trina as she went to court with her.  Beyond that, I don't think Towanda is capable.  She doesn't strike me as all that emotionally sensitive.  Well, except when she's had enough of being ignored.

Mmhm, she was there for Trina and there for her screen time too cuz what else is she doing? 

I was glad to see Mama E on The Real's Mother's Day episode looking impressively fit and fabulous--the best I've ever seen her look. I guess her recovery has been going really well.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 1

Towanda is the one that likes to have all of the information, first. so she can pass it on first. Trina said she didn't want to discuss her filing  with her other  sisters now.. what does Towanda do? first time to talked to Toni and Tamar, tell them to ask Trina what was going on. knowing this would trigger questions, then she goes to court with Trina, they are all at the hospital waitng for news about their Mom, then Towanda(dont remember exact wording) but it was to let them know Trina had gone to court, it didn't go so well for Trina but SHE was there.

This is a "friends" behavior not a sister who is  a friend.

I wish the sisters did not make such animated faces when making a point. To me it takes away the seriousness of what's being said.

• Love 3
(edited)

Towanda continues to show how awful she truly is. She truly is middle-child-syndrome gone horribly wrong.

I feel bad that Gabe is bring such an ass, especially when it comes to the kids. However, I knew Trina was going to be in trouble with Gabe coming after her because we know via Trini that Gabe worked at home because he was the primary caregiver for her kids and he financed her music career and businesses. There was no way this was going to turn out well if Gabe was not willing to simply walk away.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 5

Towanda continues to show how awful she truly is. She truly is middle-child-syndrome gone horribly wrong.

I feel bad that Gabe is bring such an ass, especially when it comes to the kids. However, I knew Trina was going to be in trouble with Gabe coming after her because we know via Trini that Gabe worked at home because he was the primary caregiver for her kids and he financed her music career and businesses. There was no way this was going to turn out well if Gabe was not willing to simply walk away.

But why?  why isn't he simply willing to walk away?  Can we all agree that he has to be the one who fucked up?  And because of his role will probably come out on the fat and crispy end of a nice settlement, so what's the problem?  Why the need to act the low down greezy muffucah we all thought he was? Does he think it'll be a good look?

Girl, I know you are, lol! Po thang! All homesick. And you just know the trip is gonna be first class, luxury, exclusive, private everything, too....ok, now I'm mad!

(This is off topic, but your comments about the safari made me think about that Steve Harvey bit. You know the one where he went to Africa, got lost on a dark footpath & peed on himself because some monkeys were fucking with him. Lol! And the concierge kept patiently telling the lady to get her little dog. Lol, but I digress....)

Ok, who do we talk to about getting some extra buttons besides the "like" button? The comments this season have been on fiyah! I need a "like" button, a "LMBAO" button, a "you wrong fuh dat, but I laughed anyway" button, a "break it down so it will forever be broke" button.....

I say it more often than I thought, I guess, huh?  LOL!!!!  

bolded = you wrong fuh dat but I laughed anyway button <- we need that.  I can take him or leave him, but I collapsed at this story lol.  

• Love 2

But why?  why isn't he simply willing to walk away?  Can we all agree that he has to be the one who fucked up?  And because of his role will probably come out on the fat and crispy end of a nice settlement, so what's the problem?  Why the need to act the low down greezy muffucah we all thought he was? Does he think it'll be a good look

Pure speculation, but people who are controlling can never simply walk away. If they can't have you, they would just as soon destroy you. Either that, or the version of events we have been given is far from the whole story.

• Love 2

Pure speculation, but people who are controlling can never simply walk away. If they can't have you, they would just as soon destroy you. Either that, or the version of events we have been given is far from the whole story.

something does not smell right with Trina's version of events.  Over the years she has made it very clear that Gabe was the primary care giver to the boys while she worked and that Gabe was the primary bread winner.  If not the primary bread winner, his money paid all the bills and she was always able to use her income how she wanted it.  Even if she financially contributed, she did not handle the actual paying of the bills and balancing check book (which in my experience is very stressful).  Trina has also stated that Gabe has financially invested in all of her business ventures.  Fast forward to divorce and Trina not only wants ALL her business and the income generated, she wants the house that she admits Gabe mostly paid for and she wants Gabe to still be responsible for the boys.  To me something does not smell right, Trina can't have it both ways if she wants to be a business women then she needs to understand that Gabe was an investor in her various business and he does deserve something upon divorce.  Just like she would expect something, if the tables were reversed.  As for Gabe stating he did not want her kids in his house that is wrong and without context I really don't know.  For all the Braxton sisters talk about Gabe being the bad guy to my knowledge he has not publicly said a word about the divorce.  

• Love 3

Towanda is using her THs to claim she was the only one who was consistently there for Trina. I don't know if Trina realizes what a snake Towanda is. I'm also baffled that she makes a conscious effort to keep Tamar out of the loop, but Towanda is her confidant. I don't get it.

Traci is annoying me this season. She's trying too hard.

• Love 8

Where's everybody at?!

Lol! I've been out of town. Just got back today and managed to catch half of it before having to run out again.

Towanda is using her THs to claim she was the only one who was consistently there for Trina. I don't know if Trina realizes what a snake Towanda is. I'm also baffled that she makes a conscious effort to keep Tamar out of the loop, but Towanda is her confidant. I don't get it.

I found it interesting how Towanda tried to convince us in her talking head that she helped Trina pack the day before. Anyone else see her? Cause I sure didn't. Trina and Tamar's relationship, I beleive, is a direct result of Towanda's manipulations. Notice how, when earlier this season, Trina said she was going to see Tamar's show, Towanda's response was something along the lines of, oh really? Why? She does the same thing to Traci. She knows exactly what to say to both of them, in regards to Tamar to get them riled up. Then she just sits back and acts like she doesn't get why they're so upset. And how not surprising that she didn't invite Trina and her boys to stay with her family.

Trina's talks with her boys were great. I love that she knows them well enough to have separate and different types of conversations with them. Her talk with Eric was so sad and made me misty. And little Caleb cracked me up with his no nonsense, "no, I'm not surprised", especially after Eric said it was so shocking and he was concerned. Eric seems like a sweetheart, especially when he asked his mom if she needed a hug. But what's up with that hair, though?

• Love 6

Eric's hair looks like Kate Gosselin's hair when she was still married to Jon.

I really didn't need to see the chitterling(chitlin') cleaning. I don't know why anyone would want to eat something that's full of shit. I know Trina wasn't eating it but just the thought makes my stomach turn.

• Love 3

Watching the second half now. 

I just can't with Towanda.  "I don't know if Tamar is coming...."  Me:  Cause you didn't invite her to the party bitch!  How convenient of her to leave that part out.  It's another perfect set up by Towanda.  If Tamar comes and tries to get into with Towanda for leaving her out, she looks like the drama queen starting shit at the party.  If she doesn't come, it looks like she's being selfish because she found out and chose not to go out of spite.  It's quite a magnificent feat.

Traci looks exactly like Evelyn in the talking heads with the short honey, colored wig.

• Love 9

Towanda is so damn jealous of her sisters (esp. Tamar) it's pathetic. I hope they find out just how manipulative Towanda is and call her out on it.

Agree with the poster that said Traci is trying WAY too hard this season. Extremely annoying.

• Love 5

I wish there was more interaction with all the sisters together. I like Traci but it's boring with her solo scenes (how many times we gon hear about the engagement and hear her struggle vocals).

Trina's talks with her sons put a lump in my throat. She was staying strong for them and parents them with boundaries--unlike Traci's style that makes me wonder if her son just is in a hurry to get away from her.

• Love 6

There is no way the sisters don't see Towanda's shenanigans so unless they are the definition of stupid, I've come to the conclusion that this is scripted drama.

Having said that, just based on what we have seen, Towanda's the most hateful, jealous and petty person on the planet. She tried to destroy Tamar's relationship with Toni and having failed at that (Toni and Tamar's scene and their friendship, closeness and sisterhood always seem so genuine), she is trying to destroy her relationship with Trina and Traci. Tamar seemed so sad and hurt when she found out about the party.

Trina's oldest son looks like her.

For things to be as horrible as Trina claims and for Gabe to be as awful as she claims, neither boy seemed upset with or angry toward Gabe, a fact which makes me question her account of Gabe's feelings towards them.

• Love 3

Trina's talks with her boys were great. I love that she knows them well enough to have separate and different types of conversations with them. Her talk with Eric was so sad and made me misty. And little Caleb cracked me up with his no nonsense, "no, I'm not surprised", especially after Eric said it was so shocking and he was concerned. Eric seems like a sweetheart, especially when he asked his mom if she needed a hug. But what's up with that hair, though?

Yeah, I was moved by that, too. She really surprised me because the woman is kind of ditsy but is apparently a really good and thoughtful mum. Hate Eric's hairstyle, though.

I think they've likely not expressed any vitriol about Gabe because he probably hasn't shown his nasty mean ass to them in person and is talking big shit when speaking to Trina or when in court. That will change when they see this show.

Does anyone know anything about their biological father(s)?

And yes, Traci is trying way, way, way too hard. And her son's bullshit talk about not wanting to go to college because he doesn't want student loans? Does he have some special skill or talent that is going to provide him and his girlfriend with a comfortable life? No wonder her parents are putting up obstacles. Trinia's son, on the other hand, went to college and hopefully is still enrolled. I understand that college isn't for everybody, but his avoiding loan debt is suspect. Is he working now? I hope that at age 19 he's not still in high school!

• Love 3

If my son had the nerve to get engaged before talking to me and didn't have a job, didn't go to school, and still lived in my house and ate my food, I would knock his ass out cold.  Then kick him out. 

I think he's trying to get his own show or something (or Traci is trying to get her family a show).  All his lines come across as a stunted delivery, like he's trying to remember what he's supposed to say/do.  But he's not charismatic, funny, interesting, or good looking, so fail on all fronts. 

• Love 2

I still don't know what the sisters all pulling where they act like they don't get why Tamar is standoffish, all the while completely leaving her out of things.

They're all a little weird.

And I want Traci to get tested because she seems a little dim.

• Love 7
(edited)

something does not smell right with Trina's version of events. Over the years she has made it very clear that Gabe was the primary care giver to the boys while she worked and that Gabe was the primary bread winner. If not the primary bread winner, his money paid all the bills and she was always able to use her income how she wanted it. Even if she financially contributed, she did not handle the actual paying of the bills and balancing check book (which in my experience is very stressful). Trina has also stated that Gabe has financially invested in all of her business ventures. Fast forward to divorce and Trina not only wants ALL her business and the income generated, she wants the house that she admits Gabe mostly paid for and she wants Gabe to still be responsible for the boys. To me something does not smell right, Trina can't have it both ways if she wants to be a business women then she needs to understand that Gabe was an investor in her various business and he does deserve something upon divorce. Just like she would expect something, if the tables were reversed. As for Gabe stating he did not want her kids in his house that is wrong and without context I really don't know. For all the Braxton sisters talk about Gabe being the bad guy to my knowledge he has not publicly said a word about the divorce.

The waters may be getting muddied a bit regarding Trina's finances. I think there's some confusion at any given time about whether she's talking about "Bar Chix" the mobile bar, "Bar Chix" the brand, or "Bar Chix" the tapas bar & lounge in Duluth. I think Gabe invested in the mobile bar & therefore deserves something , but perhaps the argument could be made that the intellectual property of the brand belongs to Trina alone. Meanwhile, the bar/lounge is still "coming soon." Trina stated on the show that it was all her money invested in the bar/lounge. In fact! She said something about investing $175,00 of her own money. I remember questioning the wisdom of her using so much of her own cash.

Like the sisters, I was wondering why she didn't get a loan or have investors. I guess if the place is a success, she'll have the last laugh. But, restaurants are notoriously risky business ventures..

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think Towanda and Trina are in cahoots to gaslight Tamar. Yes, Tamar is more often than not loud, annoying, and extra, but the other sisters like to act as if everything is always Tamar's fault. I don't buy it. They all have some culpability in their strained sisterhood.

I fast-forward through Traci's scenes. She irritates me.

Gee-ob might be a whack job, but I doubt Trina is telling the whole truth.

Edited by RedKoolAide
  • Love 9
(edited)

If my son had the nerve to get engaged before talking to me and didn't have a job, didn't go to school, and still lived in my house and ate my food, I would knock his ass out cold. Then kick him out.

I think he's trying to get his own show or something (or Traci is trying to get her family a show). All his lines come across as a stunted delivery, like he's trying to remember what he's supposed to say/do. But he's not charismatic, funny, interesting, or good looking, so fail on all fronts.

Exactly! I think Traci is taking the wrong approach with him by emphasizing the sexual commitment of monogamy. He needs to be told to get out, get a job (or two!), get your own place, pay all your own bills---oh, & by the way, who do you think is going to pay for this wedding?! College isn't for everybody. I've seen too many families force their kids into it only to have them waste everybody's time & money. But! This young man needs a hard, cold dose of reality. Tamar said she told him to take a year off before college because he wanted to be an entrepreneur. An entrepreneurial what exactly?!?! Ugh! That's what they need to be talking to him about---the economic realities of life---not about having "the same coochie everyday." Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 5

It's interesting how time changes things. When the show first started, I tended towards liking Towanda because of comments about her look, which I think we're/are in her being the darkest complexioned of the sisters, because she is far from unattractive. I also initially felt bad over the situation with Andre. Fast forward and it's all I can do to to,erase Yowanda as she comes across as bitter, jealous and hateful. I have to believe the things with her are scripted because how does the family not see how horrid she truly is?

Traci and the nonsense with her son needs to cease. I agree with those who posted she needs to make her unemployed, stay-at-home son get out and get a job if he plans on being married.

I am still trying to decipher what happened between Toni and Tamar, their argument seems so strange and out of left field. I for one got what Tamar was trying to say, even though she was not specifically referencing Gabe -- People on the outside looking in don't always see what w couple have together. I thought she might have been thinking about what people have said about her and Vince when pen he looked like a sugar daddy and she looked like a gold-digger who was trying to get ahead. She knew that she really loved Vince, but most people commenting on the relationship questioned it. I think that made her defensive sat the wrong moment. Toni not picking up on it, even though she did note that Tamar was talking about something else, surprised me because even when Toni and Tamar have been at odds, she more than any other seemed to be in tune with Tamar's feelings and fears.

• Love 1

It's interesting how time changes things. When the show first started, I tended towards liking Towanda because of comments about her look, which I think we're/are in her being the darkest complexioned of the sisters, because she is far from unattractive. I also initially felt bad over the situation with Andre. Fast forward and it's all I can do to to,erase Yowanda as she comes across as bitter, jealous and hateful. I have to believe the things with her are scripted because how does the family not see how horrid she truly is?

Traci and the nonsense with her son needs to cease. I agree with those who posted she needs to make her unemployed, stay-at-home son get out and get a job if he plans on being married.

I am still trying to decipher what happened between Toni and Tamar, their argument seems so strange and out of left field. I for one got what Tamar was trying to say, even though she was not specifically referencing Gabe -- People on the outside looking in don't always see what w couple have together. I thought she might have been thinking about what people have said about her and Vince when pen he looked like a sugar daddy and she looked like a gold-digger who was trying to get ahead. She knew that she really loved Vince, but most people commenting on the relationship questioned it. I think that made her defensive sat the wrong moment. Toni not picking up on it, even though she did note that Tamar was talking about something else, surprised me because even when Toni and Tamar have been at odds, she more than any other seemed to be in tune with Tamar's feelings and fears.

I didn't get that at all.  What I thought Tamar meant was how EVERY one of her sisters likes to say she's the one causing problems, but she doesn't think that's true.  Toni said "when everybody says it, it has to be true" and while she was talking about Gabe, I think Tamar internalized it to be about her attitude. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I love the idea of Tamar having one-on-one conversations with her sisters to resolve their issues. That way they can clear the air & Tamar won't feel like they are ganging up on her. However, it didn't really work without a moderator. They desperately need one---as evidenced by Trina & Tamar breaking the fourth wall & talking to the crew member. I appreciated that they both said "I love you" even though they were still clearly mad & frustrated.

Later, when Trina relayed the conversation to the other sisters.....I got the feeling once again that something is being left unsaid. They were having problems long before the concert debacle. I wish they'd just say it already. What is their problem with Tamar?!

It's waay too soon for Trina to be dating. Her emotions are all over the place. One minute she likes the guy, the next she doesn't. Their energy was so weird at the start of the date. They were both a little bossy-britches: she commented that he didn't stand up to greet her, he mocked her smelling the wine. A first date should be largely observational---seeing if you like the way a person behaves, not so much telling them what to do. I feel like Trina is setting herself up to have a bad experience dating a "brownie" & will quickly run back to her old ways.

As far as Traci & her drinking, I didn't think that she necessarily had a problem until she lied & said she only had one drink that day. Ooookay, Ms. Breakfast Vodka. Lying, acting loopy, going to the bathroom so much---my first thought was drugs.

It was interesting to learn that Mark Bower is largely responsible for the "Toni-Braxton-naked-dress look" for all these years. She did look gorgeous though! I was amazed she was able to pick out jewelry for dresses she hadn't seen. She returned from the Grammy's rather fast though, especially for a winner. I guess she just went for the red carpet, not to sit & watch the actual show. I would have thought there'd be industry after parties to go & schmooze at as well.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 2

Wow that was just to much.  The sisters are on some who are you going to believe me or you lying eyes.  Trina of all the sisters knew Tamar would not like them getting on stage like they did.  Color me surprised when Trina acted like it was no big, deal and that Tamar did not have the right to be upset about the situation.  See when you know what your doing is wrong or going to upset someone and you do it anyway then you do not get to be angry or upset about their reaction to you purposely hurting or upsetting them. Towanda is just delusional if she thinks people can't see right through her BS.  I like the idea of Tamar meeting with each sister individually and  it shows which sisters are actually being honest about what happen.  Hint it's not Towanda and Trina.  If Trina and Towanda want to stated that Tamar kicked them out when her manager went up to them and told them that Tamar did not mean them ON CAMERA then they are looking for a reason to justify their anger.  The final show last season it seem like what really upset the sister's is that Tamar was not sharing her spotlight with them.  Townada and Trina stated that Toni always shared her spotlight and that they didn't understand why Tamar had not done the same.  Well because Tamar did not want to and that is her right.  All the sisters were/are given the same opportunities with the show, Traci the least know sister got a record deal and a radio show out of the the TV show so that means that Trina and Towanda have no excuse.  It's makes sense that the sister's who have capitalized the least with the show being on the air are the angriest at Tamar.    I still want to know what Tamar did Hastag lol ?

• Love 8
(edited)

The final show last season it seem like what really upset the sister's is that Tamar was not sharing her spotlight with them.  Townada and Trina stated that Toni always shared her spotlight and that they didn't understand why Tamar had not done the same.  Well because Tamar did not want to and that is her right.  All the sisters were/are given the same opportunities with the show, Traci the least know sister got a record deal and a radio show out of the the TV show so that means that Trina and Towanda have no excuse.  It's makes sense that the sister's who have capitalized the least with the show being on the air are the angriest at Tamar. 

This. That's why they--especially Towanda--was jubilant when Toni won another Grammy. Toni shares her success with them so it puts her leeching sisters more on the map, too. Tamar as a new artist and one that has to face the Toni Braxton comparisons was set to face the challenge of convincing people she's her own artist. Therefore, she can't just hire her messy sisters like what Toni puts up with. We see a preview of that for next week.

For one second I thought, "Good for Wicked Witch Towanda--she got a J-O-B!" But then I saw her tragic line READ (of herself): "I'm Towanda Braxton. Yes, one of the famous Braxton sisters! *Squeal*" Then the cringeworthy Tamar impression with her doo-w**-pop line. If you didn't know better you'd think Towanda "hates" Tamar the way you hate someone you wish you were. Oh wait....

Trina's date scene was great. Kind of like out of a movie with the initial barbs but then the joke that broke the ice to see they have things in common after all.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 7
(edited)

Tamar has it all: a successful marriage to a successful man, a cute baby boy and considering another, and a strong career that she worked very hard for. That's why Towonda and Trina have issues. Does anyone in Towonda's household have a real job? Trina married the same jackass more than once. I'm okay with her dating, I think, if she dates different people and doesn't sleep with anybody. Tamar's shock at her dating a black man cracked me up, and not a Boston or Colorado black man, but a 'Bama. I'm from Boston but I appreciated her humor.

Edited by OnceSane
fixed double post
  • Love 5

What is their problem with Tamar?!

Plain & simple, the sisters (with the exception of Toni) are all jealous of Tamar's success...especially being the "baby" of the family. They're probably wondering why after Toni, success passed over them. But as politichick said, Tamar worked very hard for her success and deserves every last second.

The middle sisters jealousy was evident when Towanda (the bitchy one) orchestrated a surprise visit on stage at Tamar's concert. I wouldn't blame Tamar if she WAS pissed enough to ask them to leave. And besides Tamar's successful singing career, she is also the star and producer of her daily chat/entertainment show "The Real". All this makes the middle sisters green with envy, so they look for the stupidest arguments to justify their envious nature.

• Love 4

They are all also being manipulated by Towanda.  I am still in awe at how Towanda invited everyone to Trina's party, but Tamar.  And then when Trina asked who was coming, Towanda made it seem like Tamar was "considering" the invitation and probably wouldn't come, but failed to mention each time that SHE NEVER INVITED HER!  You could see that Trina was hurt, and all that did was add fuel to the fire that all the drama stems from Tamar's side.

I agree with Mama Evelyn when she told Tamar that she was too defensive.  It's definitely her default mode.  She has a right to be defensive, especially if she feels like she's being unfairly picked on, but the other girls use that to "prove", in a way, that she's at fault; because if she didn't do anything wrong, why is she being so defensive?  Her conversation with Trina would have gone so differently if she had just said, "I understand why you feel that way, but I want you to know, sister to sister, that I did not ask anyone to kick you out.  It was a misunderstanding.  Was I upset at what you guys did?  Yes.  And I should have handled it better; but you guys know I'm a drama queen!  But you guys making it seem like I was the villain over something that I didn't do, also hurt my feelings.  We were all wrong, and I just think we should all forgive and move forward."   But that would never happen because they are all too much in their damn feelings, as they like to say.

I was not a fan of Trina's friend.  At all.  Strike one: he didn't get out of his seat to great her until she said something.  Strike two: he was being quite the jerk about the wine sniffing.  Why ask her to explain what the bouquet meant, and then cut her off to tell her it was stupid to be into wine.  Strike three: mentioning his Maserati.  There was nothing wrong with the other "M" car Trina mentioned.  Also, having a Maserati ain't that special nowadays; maybe 8 years ago when they were rare, but now there are tons of idiots spending their rent/mortgage to cover the $799/month to lease one.  I agree with whoever said upthread that Trina is trying way too hard to date against her "type".  

Towanda's show seems like a rip off of the awesome Bravo show, Platinum Hit.  And she is definitely trying way too hard to sound like Tamar....and failing.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm in the minority, but I don't consider Tamar to be innocent in the Atlanta show fiasco. Yes, the sisters coming onto the stage was a distraction and looked terrible, but a true professional would have taken the situation in stride and not allowed it to affect their performance or demeanor on stage. 

As for whatever happened back stage, I believe Tamar did force the camera crew and her sisters to leave, but as usual, won't own it. She's human and lashed out in anger, but a sincere apology to Traci and Trina, who did not have malicious intentions, might go a long way towards repairing her relationship with them. Towanda is another story. She was the mastermind behind the nonsense and deserves nothing but a cold shoulder. 

I don't feel jealousy is the primary reason the sisters are so upset with Tamar. Tamar's immature, attention seeking, arrogant behavior, is insufferable to viewers; I can't imagine what dealing with it in person would be like. I agree Tamar has worked very hard and used the exposure on the show to further her career, but let's be realistic; as soon as BFV airs its last episode, Tamar will fade back into obscurity. As a poster up thread stated- something must have gone on off camera that we do not know about. That, plus her awful behavior is likely what has the sisters icing her out. 

Edited by sunshine85

I remember well all the bleeps when Tamar got offstage. She should own that. However I do think the sisters are jealous. But that one on one with Trina was inexplicable. She introduced the session to Trini by saying she did nothing wrong, a great way to sabotage the whole meeting. Then she gets loud and ignorant, and right or wrong, Trini doesn't need to listen to that.

• Love 3

The patterns of childhood clearly remain in place. Towanda clearly know how to play her cards when it comes to Tamar. She sabotages and Tamar plays right into her hands with her histrionics that serve to make her look guilty.

I too remember the cursing on Tamar's part after the interlopers arrived at her concert. However, it was not just Tamar being disingenuous at the meeting. I also remember Trina knowing what they were doing would not be well received and her suggestions that it not happen. So, Trina can't demand that Tamar own her ish, if she is not willing to own hers.

• Love 4

as soon as BFV airs its last episode, Tamar will fade back into obscurity

Not unless The Real doesn't get picked up for another season. Tamar is very popular on this show, as one of 5 ladies on a panel discussing all types of subjects. As of now, this show seems to be fairly successful. And as long as Tamar, Toni and Vincent Herbert are producing the show, I don't see Tamar going anywhere.

• Love 3

When I'm trying to have a serious conversation with my sister about quite possibly the very future of our relationship, I don't want to hear lip smacking, or see eye rolling or dramatic grimaces. Tamar doesn't know how to have a grown ass discussion with anyone, including Vince. She always reverts to a charactiture of herself. If she wants to be taken seriously, she needs to act it. Traci pulls that stupid imitation of Tamar out whenever she gets camera time also. They look and sound ridiculous.

• Love 3

That's what is so funny. The sisters allegedly hate how Tamar acts, but are willing to so Tamar-esque impressions for camera time. I'm looking at you Towanda aka I'm a doo w** pop chick. Lol.

The most weird thing about this Tamar vs. Everybody storyline is just how isolated she is and how they won't own up to freezing her out. If they don't want to speak to her that's their right, but don't front like this isn't what you're doing. The fact that not even Toni called the other sisters out for not telling Tamar about Trina's bday party is ridiculous. That no one has to explain that, even to their mother, is beyond me. It was the same when she was argu8ng with how Traci always bucks up on her and they all pretended not to know what sge was talking about.

Tamar should just give up trying to be close again. Kick it with your man and your friends and show up for Christmas ans Easter dinner only. If they don't want her presence, give them the gift of her absence.

• Love 7

What kind of education did Tamar receive that jugular and pessimistic are beyond her comprehension.  Maybe while getting her weave and makeup "did" she should fire up a Kindle and get acquainted with some literary works.

• Love 1
(edited)

The most weird thing about this Tamar vs. Everybody storyline is just how isolated she is and how they won't own up to freezing her out. If they don't want to speak to her that's their right, but don't front like this isn't what you're doing. The fact that not even Toni called the other sisters out for not telling Tamar about Trina's bday party is ridiculous. That no one has to explain that, even to their mother, is beyond me. It was the same when she was argu8ng with how Traci always bucks up on her and they all pretended not to know what sge was talking about.

This is why I believe something went down off camera that they can't or won't speak about. I remember an instance last season, when Tamar would mention getting together or the sisters coming out to join her for a few stops on the tour, she was met with blank stares. It's like they wanted to say to her "you know why we don't want to see you and spend time with you; stop playing dumb". 

Edited by sunshine85
  • Love 2

Weren't some of the sisters upset that Tamar inked her own show deal without the sisters? It was something that would come up every now again in prior episodes, but would get squashed fairly quickly.

• Love 4
When I'm trying to have a serious conversation with my sister about quite possibly the very future of our relationship, I don't want to hear lip smacking, or see eye rolling or dramatic grimaces. Tamar doesn't know how to have a grown ass discussion with anyone, including Vince. She always reverts to a charactiture of herself. If she wants to be taken seriously, she needs to act it. Traci pulls that stupid imitation of Tamar out whenever she gets camera time also. They look and sound ridiculous.

I can agree that Tamar is extra, but Trina of all people should have came into that meeting with an apologetic tone.  Trina was the only sister that stated on TV that she knew Tamar would not like them getting on the stage the way they did, not only did they get on the stage, they didn't know the proper moves and made a mockery of her performance.  If my sister did something intentionally to hurt me, I say Trina did it intentionally, because she stated more than once that she knew Tamar would be upset then she deserves what she gets.  It's not funny to show up at someones job and interrupt them while they are working.  Then demand that they respond to you in a a calm  manner that does not make you uncomfortable.  Whatever way Trina wants to slice the aftermath, the truth is she went on stage knowing Tamar would not be happy, so therefore she does not get to judge Tamar for how she respond.  I have a friend that gets embarrass very easily in public, everyone who knows her does not speak loud in public in her presence.  If I go to dinner with her and speak very loud or even above indoor voice level, she will get up and leave.  Can I then say I'm never speaking to you again because you left me.  I knew she didn't like something and I did it anyway, which means I have to face her reaction and the fact that I may not like her reaction.  

• Love 5

This is why I believe something went down off camera that they can't or won't speak about. I remember an instance last season, when Tamar would mention getting together or the sisters coming out to join her for a few stops on the tour, she was met with blank stares. It's like they wanted to say to her "you know why we don't want to see you and spend time with you; stop playing dumb". 

My thing is, let the editors handle it.  Say, "You know why" and then tell the goddamn camera.  Towanda pulled that shit 2 seasons ago on twitter, "If only you know what she really did, blah blah blah".

Well miss, the only way viewers know is IF YOU TELL US.  All I see is Towanda being shady and Tamar being loud and overdramatic.  

• Love 4

Weren't some of the sisters upset that Tamar inked her own show deal without the sisters? It was something that would come up every now again in prior episodes, but would get squashed fairly quickly.

This kills me. Why would Tamar need to involve them? I'm sure she got great advice about doing the show from Vince, her agent, her attorney, and other people whose advice she respects (her mother or Toni maybe)? Tamar isn't my cup of tea, but she uses what she has -- a memorable personality, a pretty good singing voice, ambition, and hard work -- to further her career. If the sisters aren't using their gifts, that's on them.

• Love 6

My thing is, let the editors handle it. Say, "You know why" and then tell the goddamn camera. Towanda pulled that shit 2 seasons ago on twitter, "If only you know what she really did, blah blah blah".

Well miss, the only way viewers know is IF YOU TELL US. All I see is Towanda being shady and Tamar being loud and overdramatic.

I totally missed all that. (I'm not on Twitter.) Wha had happen?

(edited)

I was only partially paying attention this episode. Here are my preliminary thoughts until I re-watch:

Way to keep it classy, Gabe. Your life's mission is to make the divorce as difficult as possible?!? Awesome. Dude, there are kids involved. It's like that "Seinfeld" episode about the bad breaker-upper. I always say you can tell more about a person when the shit hits the fan, than when things are all lovely & sweet. He is such a loser. Please, Trina, don't give him the satisfaction of falling apart. Although, I will give her a pass on falling apart at the bowling alley. Tamar wasn't wrong but she could have been more sensitive.

So. Once again. Nobody told Tamar they were getting together at the hotel to watch the Grammy's, but everybody had something to say about why she wasn't there. I am SO over them repeating this problem. It's not hard to fix. Get it together people.

Totally bummed the sisters' meeting, moderated by Mama B, was a bust. That was the main part I missed.... I really want to re-watch & pay more attention to the body language. The mystery of the sisters' real issue continues...

So, Tamar is working on her second album? Huh. I thought she had another one back in the day. She's so talented, I'm really looking forward to the new music. I wore out "Love & War."

Omg. Traci was LOADED! I cannot believe she showed up in such a state before going on stage. I really hope Trina & Towanda save her from herself & tell her to sit this one out. And she had the nerve to be affronted that Toni only asked her to participate in one song? Um,.....girl! You're not exactly pleading your case here.

I'm really glad Toni didn't retire. She looks & sounds in top form! Hey, grown people need music, too.

OH! The teaser for next week! Tamar has a stalker?! Whaaat? And the other sisters are buddy-buddy with him?!? What-whaaat!?!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 2

I think Trina is finding any reason to be pissed at Tamar. From what I saw, Tamar did nothing at the bowling alley to warrant Trina's reaction. I think Trina feels like a dumb ass for taking Gabe back after he embarrassed her a few times and she's taking all of her frustrations out on Tamar. If the other sisters say something to her, she'll at least listen.

I'm also not buying that everything is ALWAYS Tamar's fault. The other sisters take zero accountability for their part in the dysfunction. I don't think Tamar is without fault, but they're turning her into the whipping boy and it's getting old.

Traci is a drunk. She should just admit it and get help. She's a mess.

• Love 5