Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

All Episodes Talk: Save the drama for your mama ... and sisters.

Recommended Posts


On 8/31/2018 at 4:33 PM, luckyroll3 said:

This episode was meh for me.  I was bored throughout most of it and I don't think Traci and her family can carry this show.  I don't have have any interest in watching any of the sisters individually; I like watching the interactions between them.   Also, I didn't believe any of her tears.  The baby is supercute though!

I heard on The Read this morning that all of the sisters are going on Iyanla Fix My Life.  I can't stand Iyanla, but I will definitely be catching what is sure to be a complete and utter shit show.  

 

On 9/6/2018 at 10:14 PM, rmcrae said:

I heard it was such a shit show they were only able to film for a day. I bet Iyanla clashed with Tamar the most and Mama Braxton probably didn't appreciate Iyanla saying she taught Trina to be mean and bitter. Lol.

I agree. I LOVE the Braxtons, but this episode was a little snoozers, even for me. The sisters need to get their shit together, before this whole venture crumbles.

What's "The Read?" Is it on YouTube or something? What had happen on Fix My Life? I need details.... & receipts....

Share this post


Link to post

The Braxtons Show with no Braxtons. How dreadful.

I love Traci & I respect her hustle, but the show is supposed to be about family.  The bootcamp episode was mildly amusing to have on in the background while I did other things. The ladies were funny. The bootcamp facility itself was depressing, disturbing & ridiculous. Sure you can drop a few pounds through basically starvation, but that's completely unhealthy & miserable. The "doctor" is wrong to promote that as a path to wellness. Two spinach leaves? Really? & goat yoga?! Just, why?

I'll watch the Iyanla episode with all the sisters, but the Flavor Flave reunion with New York? That's a hard pass.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

The Braxtons Show with no Braxtons. How dreadful.

I love Traci & I respect her hustle, but the show is supposed to be about family.  The bootcamp episode was mildly amusing to have on in the background while I did other things. The ladies were funny. The bootcamp facility itself was depressing, disturbing & ridiculous. Sure you can drop a few pounds through basically starvation, but that's completely unhealthy & miserable. The "doctor" is wrong to promote that as a path to wellness. Two spinach leaves? Really? & goat yoga?! Just, why?

I'll watch the Iyanla episode with all the sisters, but the Flavor Flave reunion with New York? That's a hard pass.

Yeah.. gotta respect the hustle.

But Traci needs to do what Erica Campbell did - spin off on her own (30 min show) and find a network that will pick her up.  Then see how that  goes

I think I am at least a week behind. I saw her "house" which looks like she & Kevin Sr drastically downsized.

Was that the intent (I figured Kevin Sr is on the sunset of his earning years at what ever job he did/does) or was that because they were living too large on the show $$, so they cut back real quick. I mean real quick. 

I know the record industry was a different beast back when Toni got signed.. Yes, the label didn't want Traci b/c she was pregnant. But something is also telling me that there is more to the story. (1) Traci was not pregnant by some random - she married the father, so I wouldn't think that would be too much of an issue with the label. (2) Its not like the Braxtons were marketed at "hot sexy single chicks" so I think the label could have worked around it in videos . And were they a  major part of the 90s video era? (3) I think the said Trina had a child - so being a single mom couldn't have be the issue (4) I'm sure Ms. E was also tagging back in those days - so there is someone to care for the child. (5) Pregnancy is only 9 months - she couldn't sing/dance background after she healed from delivery ?

I really begin to think the sisters "dropped" her - during the years they were famous - kinda treating her as the "forgotten one", never inviting her in or finding another label.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:32 AM, NowVoyager said:

 

I agree. I LOVE the Braxtons, but this episode was a little snoozers, even for me. The sisters need to get their shit together, before this whole venture crumbles.

What's "The Read?" Is it on YouTube or something? What had happen on Fix My Life? I need details.... & receipts....

I saw it in another video but can't find it but here's a lil' something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUqmoqMDxAo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I saw it in another video but can't find it but here's a lil' something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUqmoqMDxAo.

Dang! The sisters walked out on Iyanla?!? Good Lort!

There's also this. Towanda spilling the tea on why none of the sisters were at the baby's christening:

 

A little weird to follow. I guess she was communicating with fans writing in live. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/8/2018 at 12:32 AM, NowVoyager said:

What's "The Read?" Is it on YouTube or something? What had happen on Fix My Life? I need details.... & receipts....

It's a podcast.  It's pretty hilarious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Dang! The sisters walked out on Iyanla?!? Good Lort!

There's also this. Towanda spilling the tea on why none of the sisters were at the baby's christening:

 

 

A little weird to follow. I guess she was communicating with fans writing in live. 

RIGHT?! LOL.

It's hard to know who's telling the truth when it comes to the family at this point. I watched a little bit of last week's episode and it was boring to me. I was getting over the show anyway.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

It's hard to know who's telling the truth when it comes to the family at this point.

My guess is that Towanda put this out there for 'damage control' as I believe the sisters knew. I mean they know about ev-er-y-thing else, so why not this??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, rmcrae said:

RIGHT?! LOL.

It's hard to know who's telling the truth when it comes to the family at this point. I watched a little bit of last week's episode and it was boring to me. I was getting over the show anyway.

Seriously. She poses the question as to why they would attend the shower and not the christening. My answer -- because y'all weren't striking at that time. She also said they participate in events with the children regardless of their shenanigans. Well just last season they didn't go to Denim's (or was it Diesel) party because it was held at Tamar's house. Seems like some other birthday parties weren't attended because of feuding. Towanda also had the nerve to say if one knows, everybody knows. How many fights have we seen because a sister claims she didn't know?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 13:

Quote

"Duchess & The Dude Ranch"

Toni faces Traci about the divided sisterhood; Towanda speaks out; Traci escapes family drama at a dude ranch where she is joined by outrageous reality stars; in a crazy turn of events, Flavor Flav and New York reunite to turn the rodeo upside down.

Airs September 13, 2018.

Share this post


Link to post

Kym Whitley was fun (I miss her reality show on OWN), but New York and Flav? Please exit stage left and rekindle your dysfunctional relationship elsewhere. 

Next week is the Iyanla episode. Get them, beloved!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

That was horrible. I am over and done with the bitches in heat persona of these women. Complain about men, yet the minute they get on TV, they behave the same. Rubbing some random man and asking him to take his shirt off? Please, just stop it.

The way they are treating the cowboys is disgraceful.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Why did Tamar shave her head?  What does she care about contracts....she never appears on the show.

I was happy to see Traci follow her heart.  Her sisters don’t care about her.

Toni really is too big for her britches.....soooo busy.  ?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Why did Tamar shave her head?  What does she care about contracts....she never appears on the show.

I was happy to see Traci follow her heart.  Her sisters don’t care about her.

Toni really is too big for her britches.....soooo busy.  ?

I believe she stated that the blond was only for Vince's benefit, so with the divorce she was freeing herself. I only follow Tamar on this show, so I'm still awaiting a kinder, gentler Tamar, but it might not be in her nature - blonde, weaved out, snatched edges or not.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

Why did Tamar shave her head?  What does she care about contracts....she never appears on the show.

I was happy to see Traci follow her heart.  Her sisters don’t care about her.

Toni really is too big for her britches.....soooo busy.  ?

TRUTH

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 14:

Quote

"Not Today Satan"

Toni is shocked when Trina and Towanda reveal the truth about Traci's role in the strike; Tamar speaks out on family drama; Towanda hatches a plan to heal the sisterhood; Traci returns from the cattle drive and must perform amidst tense sister drama.

Airs September 20, 2018.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, now I remember. Last week they showed the preview, Towanda was on the phone saying she needed to tell Toni the whole story, It set off alarms for me that Towanda was even being filmed. The disclaimer a few episodes back claimed they were cobbling together past footage, but the Towanda scene was after the fact. I took it at face value when Toni claimed she was on set and was outside of the drama, but did the others not text her their dastardly plan? Who's filming the IyanLa segment? I think we are being played.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Another useless episode of striking people. Anyway, Toni ask Towanda to tell her about the strike. Towanda says, we said we are going on strike because we had to make a difference, we had to take a stand and that stand was not going to work. Wow. Such clarity.

They talk about the christening and for some reason the possible attendance of their brother Michael is a line in the sand for Toni. Towanda and Trini said Michael attended. Towanda says she even spoke to him. Toni claims he did not. They call their dad to verify and he says Michael didn't attend. Trini says she's happy she was wrong. Nobody addresses Towanda claim to have spoken to him and she doesn't dispute her dad. So she just lies to embellish the story? I just noticed that Kevin didn't bother to iron his shirt for the christening.

Enough of the fake camping trip. A bunch of weaved up women in full makeup and push up bras and no mention of facilities? Fake.

Tamar is still only team Tamar.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/18/2018 at 1:47 PM, Iguessnot said:

Yes, now I remember. Last week they showed the preview, Towanda was on the phone saying she needed to tell Toni the whole story, It set off alarms for me that Towanda was even being filmed. The disclaimer a few episodes back claimed they were cobbling together past footage, but the Towanda scene was after the fact. I took it at face value when Toni claimed she was on set and was outside of the drama, but did the others not text her their dastardly plan? Who's filming the IyanLa segment? I think we are being played.

I agree.  The disclaimer from a few episodes ago also stated that all the ladies, including Toni and Ms. E decided to boycott filming.  Yet, this episode, they worked hard to make it seem like Toni and Ms. E weren't involved at all.  And since Starting Over (the TV show, which coincidentally enough is how Iyanla got her start), I have never believed a word that comes out of Towanda's mouth.  I never doubt that she is absolutely full of shit, all of the time.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:17 AM, Iguessnot said:

Another useless episode of striking people. Anyway, Toni ask Towanda to tell her about the strike. Towanda says, we said we are going on strike because we had to make a difference, we had to take a stand and that stand was not going to work. Wow. Such clarity.

They talk about the christening and for some reason the possible attendance of their brother Michael is a line in the sand for Toni. Towanda and Trini said Michael attended. Towanda says she even spoke to him. Toni claims he did not. They call their dad to verify and he says Michael didn't attend. Trini says she's happy she was wrong. Nobody addresses Towanda claim to have spoken to him and she doesn't dispute her dad. So she just lies to embellish the story? I just noticed that Kevin didn't bother to iron his shirt for the christening.

Enough of the fake camping trip. A bunch of weaved up women in full makeup and push up bras and no mention of facilities? Fake.

Tamar is still only team Tamar.

This is such a classic example of the extreme miscommunication and BS in this family.  Trina and Towanda swore up and down that Mikey was at the Christening.  Even claiming to have spoken to him directly.  I actually thought it was Trina who said she spoke to him but either way it completely made no sense.  There was completely no follow up or explanation on how that was a complete lie.

In the same scene we are expected to believe you about Tracy? 

Toni pretends like she is so above everything you can't get a genuine answer/perspective from her.  Trina/Towanda are unreliable as narratives.  Tamar is only out for herself and as much as I like Tracy she clearly still has resentment towards her sisters and this is her way of dealing with her, justifiable or not.

With all that said I am inclined to want/see/believe Trina perspective on things.  I usually find her to be the most level headed in terms recognizing the family dynamics while also being able to take responsibility for her own behavior.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/18/2018 at 4:47 PM, Iguessnot said:

Yes, now I remember. Last week they showed the preview, Towanda was on the phone saying she needed to tell Toni the whole story, It set off alarms for me that Towanda was even being filmed. The disclaimer a few episodes back claimed they were cobbling together past footage, but the Towanda scene was after the fact. I took it at face value when Toni claimed she was on set and was outside of the drama, but did the others not text her their dastardly plan? Who's filming the IyanLa segment? I think we are being played.

Of course this is a storyline. If they are on strike and not filming, where is all this footage coming from.  Someone thought this would be dramatic I thought realizing that it had to fall apart under the light. If they wanted a sister battle, they should have gone with the wanting to strike, Traci ruining their leverage (still would not be believable because Toni and Tamar are the ones with leverage, but I digress) and the sisters being angry with her as Traci’s motivations and the rationales of the other sisters are explored. 

I wonder what the ratings for this section of the season has been like because I have basically been ff through 95% of each episode.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think for the 1st time.. in a long time , if ever , the Braxton sister crew realizes they are 5 adults who really don't understand (or know) deep details about each other - either by choice or focusing on too much of the "show business".

RE: the christening. I am truly missing the big deal. The baby belongs to Kevin Jr and Oliviah - whose family has a different view on religious events/upbringing than the Braxtons. Just maybe the new parents wanted to keep it low key. Not to mention they live in MD and the 4 sisters do not. You are not expected nor going to make every event when you live states away. Godmother (to Kevin Jr) Towanda - your job is done and stop making the christening about yourself.

RE: Toni - gotta respect her hustle. Now she is busy doing small screen movies. Thanks to Hallmark showing Christmas movies 24/7 from Nov-mid Jan, this is become a new source of income for actors and/or singers. Let her be as she too is probably the main source of income for Ms. E and her two sons.  She uses her schedule as a reason for not being somewhere (and getting married) , so stop looking for her. She's happy to be conveniently busy.  Ms. E did make me laugh when she said Toni & Birdman should have a McDonalds wedding.

RE: Tamar - it was good to see her back. She needs time to process what she's been though and probably doesn't want to tell her sisters, esp. on camera, the nitty details of her divorce, or her feelings. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince have put a gag order on the proceedings and settlement - as he is private. Now that she's divorced and probably has a decent coin from the settlement , she too is looking if she wants to continue doing the show from a different angle . It might not really be worth it to her.  When she's ready to be front and center again - she will be. Tamar has paid a price for her years of fame b/w the show, theTamar & Vince show, the talk show, and her R&B singing career.

RE: Traci - Respect for keeping this season on life support. Make your money. WE Tv must have put on an all-points-bulletin for out of work reality and/or comedians, who will work cheap, to come running, . The ranch trip - no - it was dumb. If I am going to buy whiskey , I could care less if the models/spokesperson went camping overnight. That horny scene with 59 yr old Flavor Flav and Tiffany New York was nasty. But maybe Traci is realizing that singing R&B, needs to be her "B" job. She has a nice voice - but to be a major solo force in the industry, not so sure. Now - it is about crossover artistry and SM. She and her new-found-side kicks might could get away with a 30 min comedy-based weekly show. It was a little unfair for  the sisters to expect her to strike with them - because they wanted to strike. Her financial is different and she is grateful for the money & opportunity. No need to bite the hand that feeds you.

I will get to the other two sisters later. :)

Edited by sATL
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Clearly the strike has been abandoned or resolved, as all the family has resumed filming. But, did they get the hair/makeup/wardrobe allowance increase or no? I mean, that's what started this whole drama. Can we get a simple, brief answer, Show? Anybody got some tea ☕?

I love this show, but they are beyond plucking my nerves at this point with the crazy editing & replacement casting choices. Flava Flav & New York?!? Lawdhavemercy. Wrong audience.

(Btw. New York recently had a small art exhibit dedicated to her: Tiffany 'New York' Pollard Visits Pollard-Inspired Art Exhibit

http://www.papermag.com/tiffany-pollard-art-exhibit-2570800548.html?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

& just tonight, I had a chat with a 60 year-old, white flight attendant who had Flava Flav on a couple flights years ago. She said he could not have been more gracious or easy-going. He asked to buy drinks for some people in main cabin--- she didn't charge him, though--- & he took pictures & chatted with anyone who asked for over an hour.)

I'm not mad at either of them. But, still. Wrong audience. I've been turned off of WeTV for some time because of the whole Mama June/associating with her daughter's child molester debacle & this is certainly not helping. Get Your Life Together, Show!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:32 AM, NowVoyager said:

 

I agree. I LOVE the Braxtons, but this episode was a little snoozers, even for me. The sisters need to get their shit together, before this whole venture crumbles.

What's "The Read?" Is it on YouTube or something? What had happen on Fix My Life? I need details.... & receipts....

It's not Fix My Life ..Iyanla is on the Braxton family values this week Thursday I believe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 15:

Quote

"Hot Bed of Crazy"

After years of broken communication, the Braxtons begin explosive family therapy with Iyanla Vanzant to heal the fractured sisterhood. But when things take an unexpected turn, Iyanla calls them out and it leads to a shocking exit.

Airs September 27, 2018.

Share this post


Link to post

Because of all the shenanigans, I keep forgetting to mention that I love Trina's TWA.  She's always looked amazing with short hairstyles.  

I'm over here still gasping that Iyanla said she couldn't believe that never give up is one of the family values since the parents "gave up" and got divorced.  What in the hell?  Their relationship was beyond toxic and if anything affected the kids it was probably living through all the infidelities and venom between to people who clearly didn't like or respect each other towards the end of that relationship.  How is ending something like that giving up?

Traci:  I'm not hurt by not being included in the record deal.

Me: source.gif

And I am so here for the Ms. E vs Iyanla showdown.  I was about to pause the show to make some popcorn.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Ms. E is a nasty piece of work. She won’t  take responsibility for the mess her kids are and won’t stick around to try and help fix it because she might look bad. 

I am truly sorry Tamar was molested, but damn her eye rolling, neck gyrations, mouth grimaces are so fucking annoying l can’t stand looking at her. If she pulled that shit while I was talking, I’d slap the shit out of  her, how someone in her family hasn’t I don’t know. And that head wrap  and dark lipstick were ugly.,

Toni thinks she is so far above this mess it’s scary,

Edited by iwasish
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/28/2018 at 7:17 PM, iwasish said:

I am truly sorry Tamar was molested, but damn her eye rolling, neck gyrations, mouth grimaces are so fucking annoying l can’t stand looking at her. If she pulled that shit while I was talking, I’d slap the shit out of  her, how someone in her family hasn’t I don’t know. And that head wrap  and dark lipstick were ugly.,

I admit to missing a lot of this season but when I watched Tamar with that crap I really wondered if she has a condition. Maybe this is a type of Tourette’s?   If this was how she acted at the talk show I would have fired her ass too.  Does she think it’s cool?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I admit to missing a lot of this season but when I watched Tamar with that crap I really wondered if she has a condition. Maybe this is a type of Tourette’s?   If this was how she acted at the talk show I would have fired her ass too.  Does she think it’s cool?

Apparently, I can’t believe Iyanla put up with it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

18 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I admit to missing a lot of this season but when I watched Tamar with that crap I really wondered if she has a condition. Maybe this is a type of Tourette’s?   If this was how she acted at the talk show I would have fired her ass too.  Does she think it’s cool?

Tamar looked like a snapping turtle bobbing her bald head up and down.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 16:

Quote

"Truth & Consequences"

The Braxtons reveal shocking and surprising confessions to Iyanla Vanzant in an attempt to heal the broken sisterhood-including one sister's admission she doesn't like her sisters and another's tearful apology; when pushed too far, Tamar storms off.

Airs October 4, 2018.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

Tamar is a Brat and they all helped to create that little monster....

Exactly. Tamar is so ignorant and disrespectful, it's not even funny. I was glad when Iyanla got Tamar together for calling her "sis" and reminding her that she's two years younger than Mama Braxton. Her ugly cry at the end with no tears was embarrassing and about as genuine as the last performance she gave during the family sit-down with TD Jakes a few years ago.

And where was the "slut shaming" Tamar accused Iyanla of when she talked about being molested?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoyed the episode and it brought tears to my eyes -- which is more than I can say for Tamar. Indeed she was ugly crying all over the place and not tear in sight. I'm keeping that note in my back pocket for future reference. I feel sorry for everyone who had to associate with Tamar.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

I enjoyed the episode and it brought tears to my eyes -- which is more than I can say for Tamar. Indeed she was ugly crying all over the place and not tear in sight. I'm keeping that note in my back pocket for future reference. I feel sorry for everyone who had to associate with Tamar.

 

2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Exactly. Tamar is so ignorant and disrespectful, it's not even funny. I was glad when Iyanla got Tamar together for calling her "sis" and reminding her that she's two years younger than Mama Braxton. Her ugly cry at the end with no tears was embarrassing and about as genuine as the last performance she gave during the family sit-down with TD Jakes a few years ago.

And where was the "slut shaming" Tamar accused Iyanla of when she talked about being molested?

Heh. I didn’t notice the no tears. I’m just glad she stopped rolling and snapping her neck. She was about to get whiplash. Did Tamar talk about being molested?

I’m glad Toni talked to Iyanla about the guilt and pressure she felt when she was the one chosen for stardom—she’s mentioned it interviews before. I wish she had said it again during the ‘I am confessing’ exercise at the table. 

A good episode overall. I’m usually not a fan of Iyanla, but she was good with the Braxton’s. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with all that neck rolling and smacking her lips and rolling her eyes. The best part of the whole show was when Mrs E. called her ass out, Telling Tamar "say another word.....and I got you". Tamar shut her mouth. That fake ass crying with no tears, Oh Tamar, you are going to have to improve your acting skills. But am I the only one who does not understand why these grown women are obsessed with their parents divorce. According to what I read online, Mrs E and Daddy Braxton divorced in 2000. Toni was 33 and Tamar, the youngest child was 23 years old. 23..... They all act like they were children when the divorce happened. And everyone of the girls other than Tracy are divorced. I feel sorry for the new Mrs Braxton and the disrespect she has to put up with from now these grown women. Not being invited to family events and disrespected on TV.   I watched when Trina and Gabe were on Iyanla Fix my life and what I remember most was Iyanla  talking to them about raising and paying attention to Trina's boys and she asked who was raising these kids??? Gabe, you were to busy chasing tail, and Trina you were to busy chasing Fame. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, topanga said:

Heh. I didn’t notice the no tears. I’m just glad she stopped rolling and snapping her neck. She was about to get whiplash. Did Tamar talk about being molested?

I’m glad Toni talked to Iyanla about the guilt and pressure she felt when she was the one chosen for stardom—she’s mentioned it interviews before. I wish she had said it again during the ‘I am confessing’ exercise at the table. 

A good episode overall. I’m usually not a fan of Iyanla, but she was good with the Braxton’s. 

LOL. She's like a puppet on a string with that mess. As for the molestation, she brought it up when she was on Wendy Williams's show a few weeks ago and said that she molested by relatives on both sides of the family. She also claimed that it was brought up during the sessions with Iyanla and Iyanla "slut shamed" her. She didn't explain any further and I heard not a peep about sexual abuse during last night's episode.

1 hour ago, bamaview said:

I agree with all that neck rolling and smacking her lips and rolling her eyes. The best part of the whole show was when Mrs E. called her ass out, Telling Tamar "say another word.....and I got you". Tamar shut her mouth. That fake ass crying with no tears, Oh Tamar, you are going to have to improve your acting skills. But am I the only one who does not understand why these grown women are obsessed with their parents divorce. According to what I read online, Mrs E and Daddy Braxton divorced in 2000. Toni was 33 and Tamar, the youngest child was 23 years old. 23..... They all act like they were children when the divorce happened. And everyone of the girls other than Tracy are divorced. I feel sorry for the new Mrs Braxton and the disrespect she has to put up with from now these grown women. Not being invited to family events and disrespected on TV.   I watched when Trina and Gabe were on Iyanla Fix my life and what I remember most was Iyanla  talking to them about raising and paying attention to Trina's boys and she asked who was raising these kids??? Gabe, you were to busy chasing tail, and Trina you were to busy chasing Fame. 

I wouldn't feel too bad for her. She was Daddy Braxton's mistress for the last nine years of his marriage to Ms. E while playing the role of the family friend.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, bamaview said:

But am I the only one who does not understand why these grown women are obsessed with their parents divorce. According to what I read online, Mrs E and Daddy Braxton divorced in 2000. Toni was 33 and Tamar, the youngest child was 23 years old. 23..... They all act like they were children when the divorce happened. And everyone of the girls other than Tracy are divorced. I feel sorry for the new Mrs Braxton and the disrespect she has to put up with from now these grown women. Not being invited to family events and disrespected on TV.   

 

19 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I wouldn't feel too bad for her. She was Daddy Braxton's mistress for the last nine years of his marriage to Ms. E while playing the role of the family friend.

Agreed.  I think that the divorce was just the culmination of everything.  It sounds like Daddy Braxton was spreading it low and wide for a good chunk of that marriage.  And I just know that everybody up in that church was whispering about his dealings, and the children from young, were hearing bits and pieces of the rumors.  So while the divorce happened when they were adults, they were all probably bearing the brunt of that drama, plus Ms E's poorly veiled venom towards her husband, since they were kids.  

Out of 1 to 10, Tamar is always at a 27.  But I don't know, part of me always believes that she's much more sensitive and hurt than she likes to let on and she uses her antics and theatrics to cover that up.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, rmcrae said:

LOL. She's like a puppet on a string with that mess. As for the molestation, she brought it up when she was on Wendy Williams's show a few weeks ago and said that she molested by relatives on both sides of the family. She also claimed that it was brought up during the sessions with Iyanla and Iyanla "slut shamed" her. She didn't explain any further and I heard not a peep about sexual abuse during last night's episode.

I believe that those scenes were taped. It’s too easy to go back and prove her wrong. Plus during the commercials for the Iyanla appearance, you saw a scene between Iyanla, Tamar and Toni where Toni said some unpleasant things to Tamar and Iyanla was addressing Toni’s importance in Tamar’s life (we know from the sisters that Toni was effectively Tamar’s second mother) and how Toni’s comments impact Tamar. I’m waiting for those scenes to come up on a special BFV or IFML episode. Because why show everything in two episodes when you can milk it for a third episode.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm lost... did the sisters resolve anything ?

Tamar's performance at the end of the episode made no sense to me , yet the sisters said she was sincere... really ??

Where is the bother? I think his insight to this mess would have been helpful. Not to mention he is family too.

I'm glad  Iyanla made Twanda and Trina *think* about getting mad at Traci for doing the same as Toni & Tamar by taking on extra/other work. Made me proud that Traci continued filming and that Traci liked what she was doing. Hopefully, she will get her own 30 min sitcom/reality , with the right set of crazy randoms, on another network - ie spinning off like Erica Campbell did.

I do believe that Toni could have soared higher (and currently is) had she not always been carrying/worrying about her sisters. Too bad she discovered her acting bug later in life and after the Lupus diagnosis.

Anybody notice that Pops Braxton didn't deny he worked from 6 am to midnight ??  I'm was like damn... you was a obvious and blatant cheater...

Edited by sATL
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I'm lost... did the sisters resolve anything ?

Tamar's performance at the end of the episode made no sense to me , yet the sisters said she was sincere... really ??

Where is the bother? I think his insight to this mess would have been helpful. Not to mention he is family too.

I'm glad  Iyanla made Twanda and Trina *think* about getting mad at Traci for doing the same as Toni & Tamar by taking on extra/other work. Made me proud that Traci continued filming and that Traci liked what she was doing. Hopefully, she will get her own 30 min sitcom/reality , with the right set of crazy randoms, on another network - ie spinning off like Erica Campbell did.

I do believe that Toni could have soared higher (and currently is) has she not always been carrying/worrying about her sisters. Too bad she discovered her acting bug later in life and after the Lupus diagnosis.

Anybody notice that Pops Braxton didn't deny he worked from 6 am to midnight ??  I'm was like damn... you was a obvious and blatant cheater...

It was interesting that Towanda said Tamar has done this before, but she thinks she's sincere. Traci told Tamar that their slate was clean, but Traci watched Tamar antics with a strange detachment. As Funky Dineva noted, Tamar said all the right things, but how does a person organically ugly cry for forgiveness and produce no tears? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

It was interesting that Towanda said Tamar has done this before, but she thinks she's sincere. Traci told Tamar that their slate was clean, but Traci watched Tamar antics with a strange detachment. As Funky Dineva noted, Tamar said all the right things, but how does a person organically ugly cry for forgiveness and produce no tears? 

The sisters all look concerned, but none looked surprised. I believe Towamda when she said that Tamar has done this before. 

I really think Tamar needs therapy. But I also know she would be guarded and defensive in therapy. She’d need a good therapist to be able to deal with her issues such as her history of sexual abuse. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size