Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Save the drama for your mama ... and sisters.

Why don’t they all keep their marital issues to themselves? Years  ago my sister and her husband were on the rocks and while we had always believed   he had genuinely liked us all, she “opened the vault” and revealed all the nasty shit he’d said behind our backs and spilled the tea on their own issues. Fast forward and all is lovey dovey with them, she’s mad at us for being “ cold and distant and unforgiving” of him. 

• Love 5

Traci is still traumatized about not being in The Braxton’s, BUT THE BRAXTONS WASNT A THING. They had one failed album, then became Toni background singers. Traci acts like she’s Latavia and the other girls were Destiny’s child 

• Love 8

I thought it was odd that Trina didn't want to introduce the 'great guy that she's in like with' to her family. Unless that was code for she doesn't want to bring him on the show. That I understand.

Also, dafuck was up with Tamar blowing past Traci without speaking?! Even if she didn't see Traci, she had to have seen the cameras. 

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 2

Huge side-eye to Towanda's, "Mommy's 70th birthday party will be the perfect time to tell Tamar we'll be suing over the title song."  She doesn't want to do it over the phone or in private because she wants to catch Tamar off guard and prove a huge reaction from her, where she (Towanda) can just sit back and say, "see how unreasonable and dramatic she's being?"  Say what you will about Tamar (cause she's definitely a brat and a drama queen), but Towanda is the one I'm terrified of.  

I'd be mad if my sister drove past me, but I couldn't help but chuckle at Traci yelling out to Tamar's fully closed up car (not a window was down!) as Tamar just drove right on by.  From the time Traci started saying she was gonna visit Tamar, I was like, did you speak to Tamar?  Come to find out it was all arranged through production and management.  And then Traci told the sisters she was kicked off the set!

giphy.gif

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 4

Episode 6:

"Braxtons Under Fire"

The sisters are stunned when an unexpected guest shows up at Mommy's birthday party; Toni invites the girls on the set of her movie, and they're shocked by her transformation; Traci reveals the gender of her grandbaby.

Airs April 26, 2018.

^^^ totally agree on that, and I hope the dude had some clue (via producers) that something inappropriate was about to be uttered by one of the sister.  If not, the sisters are really trying very hard to up the drama (and inappropriateness) since Tamar has refused to tape with them.

• Love 1

Traci is without class and borderline stupid. She has no respect for herself or anyone else. Those seafood jokes? Her mom should slap the piss out of her. I cringe watching her talking heads. It's so embarrassing.

After she finally did the reveal, I couldn't figure out what the other stuff was for. 

• Love 2

Why was Vince lurking at the restaurant? Are they together? Why did Tamar even attend the dinner if she wasn’t going to really do much other than make faces and imitate a chicken? 

Toni can’t tell them she’s engaged unless it’s the right time and they’re all together?  That won’t be happening for a while. 

It took this long time for them to realize they aren’t getting credit for the theme song ? Or are they only looking into it because of the maybe divorce? 

Traci is a pig, but the others should have shut her down, taken her aside and said knock it off. I think she was pretty drunk.  

• Love 4

Mommy needs a new wig.  She looks rough.

All of the girls have put on weight, they act so childish, and it makes them so unattractive.

Traci is nasty.

Toni is so snobby — she needs the perfect moment to tell her sisters she is engaged.  Good grief.

I hate Trina’s “shut the front door”.......ugh

So is Tamar just going to show up and act like a petulant child?  She does not look good.  I cannot imagine living with that permanent bitch face.  Loved Toni asking her if her neck hurt?

• Love 3

Vonn is a cutie! Go Trina! I liked that she said she can be herself around him. I cannot believe the sisters asked about his credit & penis size. I bet Trina wanted to crawl under the table. Did anyone catch what field he's in? 

The gender reveal was cute.

Zzzz.......Somebody wake me up when Toni tells her sisters she's engaged. 

Episode 7:

"Plus One, Plus Drama"

Toni finally shares she's engaged with the sisters, but it quickly escalates into sibling rivalry over who's planning the wedding; Traci starts to plan her son's baby shower, but fears the worst when her father asks for an invitation for his wife.

Airs May 3, 2018.

they just said next week is the season finale - are these seasons getting shorter? I need to scroll back to see how many episodes there have been.

RE: the gender reveal - All Traci needed to do was sit on her Harley and raise the engine. That is truly her. The rest was camera filler. I was a little disappointed in that the slide was only a couple of flights of stairs. Not that I would ever do it, but it would have been fun to watch them slide down to the ground.

It's getting old everyone tipping toeing around Ms. E and Ms. Wanda being at the same function. Their family is going to continue to grow with marriages/functions of the grands and new great-grand-babies. Be happy for the event and stop being bitter about the past.

I think the a couple reasons Ms. E carries on so is: (1) everyone gives in to such foolishness -I would invite her with loving arms but if she choose to stay away b/c of the guest list , oh well, that is her loss  (2) she still cares for Braxton Sr - if you have truly moved on, why give a damm what side-piece he brings where... it's just not worth the stress. (3) she has not re-married or found a "Stedman". Makes me wonder if it is by choice or has she run every potential eligible bachelor away.

• Love 4

I'm sympathetic to Ms. E. about her marriage. I've never been in that situation; it must suck. But, wasn't the divorce, like, fifteen years ago? Time to put on her Big Girl Panties, build a bridge & Get Over It. I agree with sATL, her problem is she needs to get herself a new man. Personally, I wouldn't give my ex the satisfaction of knowing I was still hung up on him. Braxton & Ms. Wanda are pretty amiable; I think I could fake it even if I secretly hated their guts.

Tamar is something else. Smh. She took Toni's engagement news (finally!) & made it all about "she." Cripes! I know she's going through a divorce, but Damn! Offering to plan the wedding: a nice gesture. Insisting you & only you plan the wedding: Team Way Too Much. The sisters have been soo patient with her. I only hope one day she sees that.

I. Died. When Toni was told Birdman wanted to tattoo the wedding date on his head. *snicker!* Um, well, he's..... fully invested in the marriage! Smooth response, Ton, a very graceful way of saying 'Aw, Hell to the naw!' Lol! Maybe she can get him to laser off some of those horrible face tatts.

And why was her butt crack waay out in that one dress at the photoshoot?!?

She has a hot body for sure. I certainly don't see the 20 pounds she says she gained for her film role. But, eww, that wasn't cute.

I sense a bummer coming on with the finale. The pace of the show has been soo slow this season--- at least regarding Toni's engagement announcement to the sisters. There is. No. Way. They're going to properly address Tamar having Traci booted from the tour in one episode.

• Love 1

These girls need to distance themselves from each other for a while. Too invested in each other’s lives. 

Why do I think the wedding will never take place?  What is Toni doing with that guy?! He’s gross and I can’t understand anything he says.

Traci.... Strippers at a wedding? WTF.

• Love 2
On 5/4/2018 at 5:21 AM, NowVoyager said:

I'm sympathetic to Ms. E. about her marriage. I've never been in that situation; it must suck. But, wasn't the divorce, like, fifteen years ago? Time to put on her Big Girl Panties, build a bridge & Get Over It. I agree with sATL, her problem is she needs to get herself a new man. Personally, I wouldn't give my ex the satisfaction of knowing I was still hung up on him. Braxton & Ms. Wanda are pretty amiable; I think I could fake it even if I secretly hated their guts.

Tamar is something else. Smh. She took Toni's engagement news (finally!) & made it all about "she." Cripes! I know she's going through a divorce, but Damn! Offering to plan the wedding: a nice gesture. Insisting you & only you plan the wedding: Team Way Too Much. The sisters have been soo patient with her. I only hope one day she sees that.

I. Died. When Toni was told Birdman wanted to tattoo the wedding date on his head. *snicker!* Um, well, he's..... fully invested in the marriage! Smooth response, Ton, a very graceful way of saying 'Aw, Hell to the naw!' Lol! Maybe she can get him to laser off some of those horrible face tatts.

And why was her butt crack waay out in that one dress at the photoshoot?!?

She has a hot body for sure. I certainly don't see the 20 pounds she says she gained for her film role. But, eww, that wasn't cute.

I sense a bummer coming on with the finale. The pace of the show has been soo slow this season--- at least regarding Toni's engagement announcement to the sisters. There is. No. Way. They're going to properly address Tamar having Traci booted from the tour in one episode.

I stand by my feeling that the only person who can kick Traci of Toni’s tour is Toni herself.  I’m interested to see how she ends up not being blamed, and I wonder if they get into the fact that Tamar isn’t on the tour anymore either 

• Love 2

Episode 8:

"Shattered Dreams"

Tamar and Towanda take over Toni's wedding planning; Traci celebrates her son's baby shower, but her joy is cut short when she receives devastating news about her upcoming tour with her sisters and fears they are to blame.

Airs May 10, 2018.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

I felt so bad for Tracie shame shame ?

Putting Tracie off the tour that way was just messed up. She deserves an honest response at least. If you did it (? looking at you, Tamar) own what you did & say what you gotta say, but hanging up the phone in her face? No, just no. I'm willing to hear Tamar out, but nobody can hear you if you refuse to talk.

On the upside, I thought Tracie looked great in her talking heads with the blue, wavy hair. I like it much better than the hot pink looks she's been sporting for a while.

And those scenes at the end with that beautiful grandbaby just melted my heart! This was the season finale, right? A good way to go out on such a positive note. I hope they continue with or without Tamar.

The baby shower was hilarious! I cracked up when everybody was giving Mama E a hard time while she was flirting with the new dude. & his response that his Black Card should take care of it put Papa Braxton in his place in a light hearted way.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3
(edited)

Umm.. The scene at Traci's house when they were in the kitchen cooking..  I know each family's cook has their own secret recipe for cooking collard greens - but is this butter?? And just how much butter ?

Speaking of eating well & high caloric, Trinia's weight gain is getting more noticeable - her short hair is making her face appear larger - esp in her TH.

GreensWithButter2.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

The baby shower was hilarious! I cracked up when everybody was giving Mama E a hard time while she was flirting with the new dude. & his response that his Black Card should take care of it put Papa Braxton in his place in a light hearted way.

This was my favorite part of the episode!  Every time someone came to the table with a different dish or drink, and then Trina started eavesdropping....I was dying at how ridiculous the entire thing was.  Their silliness with each other is one of the reasons I like this family, and those types of interactions are becoming too few.

I don't know what's going on with Traci and the tour, but shame on both Tamar and Toni for letting Traci get blindsided by that news even if it wasn't necessarily their fault.  That being said, I was kind of annoyed that Traci and her manager were both insistent on hashing it out with Tamar when it is Toni's tour.  Shouldn't their first call be to Toni or at the very least Toni's management and the organizers of the tour???  It's just another example of how they like to blame everything on Tamar first.  And I get that a lot of it is because of her behavior, but sometimes I think it creates a self-fulfilling prophecy - Tamar knows she's going to get blamed anyway, so she acts out to beat them to it.  

I love 1920s style so I'm looking forward to seeing pics from Toni's wedding.

And I'm still laughing at this exchange:

Tamar: "Do you have any hoodrat friends?"

Event Planner:  [Cocks head to side and says tentatively] "Rat....friends......" LMAO.  I desperately wanted to hear his response.

• Love 1
(edited)

Couldn't Keri take Deziel to his movie filming appt? What is he doing these days?

I would think Toni would be at the point that she is tired of missing too family events in a row. I  was hoping she would be there at the shower since she knew her mom and dad would be there and she brings a calming effect to those two firecrackers.

I'm glad to see that everyone is getting tired of the beef and tippy-toeing around Braxton Sr and Ms. E, and realzied it is time to let go and focus on the next new generation.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, sATL said:

Umm.. The scene at Traci's house when they were in the kitchen cooking..  I know each family's cook has their own secret recipe for cooking collard greens - but is this butter?? And just how much butter ?

Speaking of eating well & high caloric, Trinia's weight gain is getting more noticeable - her short hair is making her face appear larger - esp in her TH.

GreensWithButter2.png

Butter?!? Blasphemy!!!

I had to google this one & apparently there are lots of recipes for using butter in collard greens. In particular it's supposed to create a savory flavor when you don't use meat. sATL did you happen to notice if the Braxton's omitted smoked meat? I dunno ya'll... I may try it if I pick up a small batch of pre-washed, chopped, packaged collards. I wouldn't want to waste my time washing & chopping a two pound mess 'o greens & don't have it come out right. But, please don't tell my mama I said that. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Butter?!? Blasphemy!!!

I had to google this one & apparently there are lots of recipes for using butter in collard greens. In particular it's supposed to create a savory flavor when you don't use meat. sATL did you happen to notice if the Braxton's omitted smoked meat? I dunno ya'll... I may try it if I pick up a small batch of pre-washed, chopped, packaged collards. I wouldn't want to waste my time washing & chopping a two pound mess 'o greens & don't have it come out right. But, please don't tell my mama I said that. 

No I didn't see any meat.  I too might give it a try on a bunch that I haven't put a lot of labor into to. I guess those who were looking for an alternative for smoked meat, found one.

Another new thing to try that a Braxton said/done - Toni said that to get in shape for touring, she runs on a treadmill in heels and sings. Did find a couple of you tube vidoes out there... hmmm

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
(edited)

What a weird season. No info on the so-called lawsuit nor the state of Tamar's marriage. However whether she's married or going through a divorce, Tamar is an awful person. Her behavior in both wedding planner scenes was plain childish. The lady Toni picked must be used to dealing with brats because she cleverly ignored Tamar who acted all put out because she wasn't the designated wedding planner.

Has that bird person shown the ability to speak to anyone with any respect? I am constantly stunned by his tone, curtness and words ( when closed captioning can translate). I'm not believing this best friend story she's trying to sell.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 2

I know this isn't exactly the correct forum for this post; however, it does shed some light on the show & Tamar's behavior.

Vince is a shit manager.

He let Tamar get blind-sided with "The Real" debacle (when they were still married & suposedly in love) & he's done it again with her current tour.

Watch "Tamar Braxton feuds with Tank on social media. Messy details inside!" on YouTube

Why Tamar stay blaming everybody *but* Vince tho?

• Love 2
(edited)

http://www.wetv.com/shows/braxton-family-values/videos/season-06/sneak-peak-is-this-the-end-or-the-start-of-something-new

SNEAK PEEK: IS THIS THE END, OR THE START OF SOMETHING NEW?

The drama continues this season when Toni lands a movie role, but she must shift her wedding date! With just weeks to pull it off, will the wedding even happen? In other news, Towanda hides her relationship, while Trina’s gets serious. And, a shocking turn of events puts Traci in a difficult spot!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1
(edited)

Guess this means they came to an agreement.     And LOL how WEtV threw the contract dispute in the promo.   They got no shame in their game.

Edited by Meedis
  • Love 1

Watched tonight’s episode and I got one thing to say...

I miss Tamar!  

And it’s not because I think she makes the show because when I watch Tamar and Vince I miss the other 4 sisters!

I feel like they need all 5 of them to make it work.

Any news on whether or not she’ll be in this season?

Other thoughts,

I like Tracy’s positive attitude.  And me thinks she has a stylist this season y’all!  She looked pretty good.

Towanda seems to be back to her messy ways.

Also liked that Trina was brave enough to wear her hair natural.  

Not sure why it’s always ok for Toni and Tamar to miss the other family events.  I see a pattern with those two and I think it’s triflin.

and finally, I’ve lost so much respeck for Toni with her relationship with Birdman.  I don’t buy it, I think she did it for the money, he did it to rehab his rep, and I just think it’s gross.

• Love 7

I thought it was a shame the family didn't turn out in full force for Mama Braxton's Diva Award. I guess Tamar is still mad for her comments about Vince's abusive behavior. But, Toni ditched the event to have an unintelligible dinner in New Orleans with Bird Man? & where was Michael? It looked a little shady to be getting a "Mother of the Year" Award when half your brood don't come through.

Towanda was wearing the hell out of that red dress! Sitting is over-rated! Werk!!!!

Mama Braxton needs some new wigs. Her talking heads were a throw back to the first season. Well, they did protest their small hair & makeup budget....

I'm soo glad WeTV relented. This is my favorite reality show after Real Housewives of Potomic & Top Chef. I considered boycotting WeTV altogether due to the gross Mama June scandal... Bleech!

I like Tamar. But, I didn't miss her drama & bad habit of walking out when her sisters are saying something she doesn't want to hear. I kinda get that she was offended her sisters believed she had Traci put off the tour, but she never definitively said that she didn't do it.

I like Traci's response. Staying positive & focusing on her own career. Good for her! Still, I understood what Traci & Towanda were saying about clearing the air.

That's what I like about this show. IRL there are always multiple sides to every story.

• Love 1

late to the party here... watching BFV in parts as Thursday night has become full of good shows  - one of which was on fire in the the forum...

1)  I don't follow Rap. Can someone please tell me how does "Birdman" does in the charts, SM following, concert tours, awards? I'm sure he's no JayZ, Kanye, Drake, but just who is he??? Is he close to Toni's age -which would be LL Cool J, IceT, Rev Run, line of rappers, right?

2) Toni  - what in the hell is she doing that she is sooo busy she can't get married? Due to her illness she does shows there-here, right? Not like she is booked on a 2 yr world tour calendar... I take it as a sign that maybe you should hold off, if one or both of you are too busy (or too broke) to get married...

3) There was a quick shot of Toni talking to Towanda over tea  about wedding planning. Toni is a beautiful woman.. why at her age is she tolerating a man to say "I'm not doing none of that sh*it" , in regards to food/cake tasting - which seemed to be important to Toni. I understand not wanting to be involved in the smallest details, but don't cuss at me in the process. I would have told and and shown him what "sh*t" was..

4) Need to sleuth the "D.I.V.A" awards... Nice that Ms. E won it... but who else's momma was in the running, or won it before ? I noticed she forgot to mention Micheal Jr in the list of children that didn't make it... hmmm...

• Love 3

Hmm.    Maybe the Braxtons sans Traci haven't settled the suit.    Wondering if they're burning through remaining footage this season before the infamous "strike" and then adding the mess that is Phaedra.

• Love 2

Episode 10:

"Sister Shutdown"

Family tension rises; Toni demands an apology; the Braxton sisters shock all by refusing to show up for work; all communication stops and production shuts down, putting the show's future in jeopardy.

Airs August 23, 2018.

• Love 2
On 8/21/2018 at 6:58 PM, Meedis said:

Hmm.    Maybe the Braxtons sans Traci haven't settled the suit. 

I totally didn't realize that everyone was on strike from the show with the exception of Traci.  Then again, it doesn't surprise me that Traci is the one who is continuing to film.  What does surprise me is that Towanda didn't join her.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I totally didn't realize that everyone was on strike from the show with the exception of Traci.  Then again, it doesn't surprise me that Traci is the one who is continuing to film.  What does surprise me is that Towanda didn't join her.

Klepto-tendencies and money issues aside I'm not surprised Towanda isn't joining her.   Towanda's loyalties generally fall with Toni more than Traci.

1 hour ago, Meedis said:

Klepto-tendencies and money issues aside I'm not surprised Towanda isn't joining her.   Towanda's loyalties generally fall with Toni more than Traci.

Very true.  I was definitely thinking more about her money grubbing, star-seeking side.

16 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Very true.  I was definitely thinking more about her money grubbing, star-seeking side.

Interestingly enough according to the same Youtuber I linked above.... Trina actually did a promo for this week's Braxton's Family Values.    It was mentioned in the same video where Tamar/Trina/Towanda were mocking Phaedra and calling her Phaedra Braxton...LOL.

On 8/21/2018 at 9:58 PM, Meedis said:

Hmm.    Maybe the Braxtons sans Traci haven't settled the suit.    Wondering if they're burning through remaining footage this season before the infamous "strike" and then adding the mess that is Phaedra.

If Phaedra is in, I’m out. She is the lowest of the low and the epitome of reality tv and reality tv starring black women has become what it is. I watch for the sisters and their relationship. If WE TV thinks that Traci and Phaedra can anchor the show, ell then, good luck to them.

• Love 3
On 8/23/2018 at 7:32 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Traci said it best on "Bossip" . She has to think about the next generation meaning her grandson. And I have feeling her son is barely a provider to his new little family.  So finacially she must do "something". She is also from the ole' school of working for a living as she wasn't part of the singing act years ago. I'm trying to remember where she worked most of her adult life in MD - it was somekind of 9-5.

• Love 5

I'm definitely feeling Traci's point of view. (Of course, the other sisters aren't around to explain theirs.) The show was a little heavy-handed with that scene of her cradling her grandbaby & giving soulful looks into the mirror. But, Traci just bought a new house & she's got a new album & tour to promote--- it would really screw up her momentum to be off the show right now. She just got put off Toni & Tamar's tour a hot minute ago without explanation--- it all adds up to: Do You Traci!

I enjoyed the first half of the show, with the family the most. I laughed when Traci's son took the eggs; I remember "grocery shopping" at my Auntie's house back in college days. The bootcamp was like an entirely different show. I did like Traci's bff. She was hilarious! & she lost 50 pounds--- girl, you betta go! I think she would be better for Traci's weightloss journey than, flying to LA for a bootcamp with a bunch of folks I didn't tune in to see, & snacks & "liquid thorazine" (I hope she meant vodka the way she was swigging it) hidden in her sports bra.

• Love 2

Episode 11:

"Traci vs. Sisters"

The sisters' shocking walkout changes everything; Traci makes a difficult decision; talks with the Braxtons about returning to the show reach a pivotal moment; celebrity friends rally around Traci.

Aired August 30, 2018.

This episode was meh for me.  I was bored throughout most of it and I don't think Traci and her family can carry this show.  I don't have have any interest in watching any of the sisters individually; I like watching the interactions between them.   Also, I didn't believe any of her tears.  The baby is supercute though!

I heard on The Read this morning that all of the sisters are going on Iyanla Fix My Life.  I can't stand Iyanla, but I will definitely be catching what is sure to be a complete and utter shit show.  

• Love 7
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, luckyroll3 said:

This episode was meh for me.  I was bored throughout most of it and I don't think Traci and her family can carry this show.  I don't have have any interest in watching any of the sisters individually; I like watching the interactions between them.   Also, I didn't believe any of her tears.  The baby is supercute though!

I heard on The Read this morning that all of the sisters are going on Iyanla Fix My Life.  I can't stand Iyanla, but I will definitely be catching what is sure to be a complete and utter shit show.  

I heard it was such a shit show they were only able to film for a day. I bet Iyanla clashed with Tamar the most and Mama Braxton probably didn't appreciate Iyanla saying she taught Trina to be mean and bitter. Lol.

• Love 4