Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Save the drama for your mama ... and sisters.

(edited)
On 5/12/2017 at 11:28 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

It sounds completely archaic and I hate that this puts the responsibility solely on the wife's shoulders, but in a "how would you feel if someone else fixed your man a plate at the bbq? thread" (yeah my friends are messy too lol) one of the replies was the simplest pieces of marriage of advice I've ever heard.    "my marriage philosophy is not to ever let another woman treat my man better than I treat him."   Which, shit, I hate, but totally nodded at.

Fix my man a plate and I will beat you with it; yeah I'm that chick.

Disclaimer - I am a terrible person. Part of the problem is that these women probably can't believe their father picked Miss Wanda and her "first time on a cruise capri pants attire bonnet fresh" self over their mother HAHAHAHA ... 

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Boofish said:

Fix my man a plate and I will beat you with it; yeah I'm that chick.

Disclaimer - I am a terrible person. Part of the problem is that these women probably can't believe their father picked Miss Wanda and her "first time on a cruise capri pants attire bonnet fresh" self over their mother HAHAHAHA ... 

Lol!!  {{waves}} Hey l-wish-you-would-tribe.  Hey boo, hey ?? 

Girl.  You're not, but take no comfort in the fact that the likes of Halle and Vanessa and Jennifer have been left.  She might don't look the part but how she treat him?  Shiiiiile

You remember when Miss Evelyn told Mr. Michael he laid em low and spread em wide? Bwahaaaa!  I promise that was not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time she'd talked to him greazy.   Meanwhile Wanda put on like she caught the vapors in the restaurant with the girls.  She's *softer*.   Sigh. I know.  Ain't nothin more fragile than a dude's ego. 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol!!  {{waves}} Hey l-wish-you-would-tribe.  Hey boo, hey ?? 

Girl.  You're not, but take no comfort in the fact that the likes of Halle and Vanessa and Jennifer have been left.  She might don't look the part but how she treat him?  Shiiiiile

You remember when Miss Evelyn told Mr. Michael he laid em low and spread em wide? Bwahaaaa!  I promise that was not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time she'd talked to him greazy.   Meanwhile Wanda put on like she caught the vapors in the restaurant with the girls.  She's *softer*.   Sigh. I know.  Ain't nothin more fragile than a dude's ego. 

And Diana for Camilla. I know it's not about looks but any woman would be lying if she claim not to be salty if she see her ex man with Wesley Snipes in To Wong Foo ..

Daddy and Miss Wanda walking on that beach with each foot pointing towards a different route to freedom looking like they just saw Moses at their high school reunion. I tried to can but I can't. 

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Boofish said:

And Diana for Camilla. I know it's not about looks but any woman would be lying if she claim not to be salty if she see her ex man with Wesley Snipes in To Wong Foo ..

Daddy and Miss Wanda walking on that beach with each foot pointing towards a different route to freedom looking like they just saw Moses at their high school reunion. I tried to can but I can't. 

1. tenor.gif

2.  JLvxm_s-200x150.gif

3.  LIES!

OVgdL.gif

now, bring your ass on.

• Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

.You remember when Miss Evelyn told Mr. Michael he laid em low and spread em wide? Bwahaaaa!  I promise that was not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time she'd talked to him greazy.   Meanwhile Wanda put on like she caught the vapors in the restaurant with the girls.  She's *softer*.   Sigh. I know.  Ain't nothin more fragile than a dude's ego. 

I noticed that too.

Sad to say Ms. E , can keep shit going, hold  a grudge and raise hell too much for too long. Pops said they were having problems before the hunnies came along. I can only image in Ms. E's younger days, it was hell to pay if you crossed her wrong. Don't let Pops forget to gas up the car or bring something home, leave the toilet seat up, paycheck was short, couldn't pick-up/drop-off a child, etc. I see Ms. E as a person that would "ride his ass" until the next offense comes along.

She's just one of those people who has to work at knowing when to let something go. She's a glass half-empty person. we all have friends who are like that but there times when we do avoid them - for our own sanity. You know the ones who get a raise, but complain about the higher taxes coming out, or they buy a bigger car/suv and then complain about the price of gas. Be honest, there are times when you say to yourself, "Damm, I don't really want to hear his/her mouth today....".

I'm not saying or justifying Pops straying and marrying x-days later, but we do know there is always two sides to every story.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

tonibraxtonbirdman-500x554.jpg.9587aa2cc6a30c2266ade40c73c87225.jpg

This Hawt Mess Show is coming back in March, ya'll! Engagement! Divorce! Lawsuit! (Hm, I hope ZaldamoWilder has let Boofish out the corner by now...)

Lol!!!  She been out!  

Walk me to the kitchen let's go get our 3 o' clock latte and Imma tell you why I'm not even a little bit mad. 

She'dun already married pretty ricky.  

She 50

Her first husband was for love.  It's time for some emotional security.   Recipe calls for a man who loves you more than you do him.  #dassit.

Not that she needed a big poppa gift giver but what I want with an okey doke if this nih delivering Bentley's to my driveway?  

At this age concurrent with this level, you might want to be able to call your husband on the phone thusly:   one of us doesn't feel well, hunny can you send the Gulfstream to come get us?  And your husband says:  Jeremy's gassing it up now, he'll be on the tarmac at 2:30.   I'm not saying money's everything.  But:  coupla kids, big crazy ass family, entertainment industry, he don't want yours cause he already got his.  Listen, $$$$ cuts down on man'ty an argument.    I don't think it's working for Tamar and Vince because they work too closely together and he's a whiny bitchass, but that's another story for another day.    Anywhoo proceed Antoinette.

@Boofish

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol!!!  She been out!  

Walk me to the kitchen let's go get our 3 o' clock latte and Imma tell you why I'm not even a little bit mad. 

She 50

Her first husband was for love.  It's time for some emotional security.   Recipe calls for a man who loves you more than you do him.  #dassit.

Not that she needed a big poppa gift giver but what I want with an okey doke if this nih delivering Bentley's to my driveway?  

At this age concurrent with this level, you might want to be able to call your husband on the phone thusly:   one of us doesn't feel well, hunny can you send the Gulfstream to come get us?  And your husband says:  Jeremy's gassing it up now, he'll be on the tarmac at 2:30.   I'm not saying money's everything.  But:  coupla kids, big crazy ass family, entertainment industry, he don't want yours cause he already got his.  Listen, $$$$ cuts down on man'ty an argument.    I don't think it's working for Tamar and Vince because they work too closely together and he's a whiny bitchass, but that's another story for another day.    Anywhoo proceed Antoinette.

@Boofish

CHIIILLLDDD I thought I heard my name .. *clears throat* I'm not sure why the Internet is acting like Toni is a catch. Toni is Vivica Fox with 2 kids and better P.R. Older, not in the best of health, broke and a career in the review mirror unless she agree to do the "classier" reality shows. Y'all better put some respeck on what Birdman bringing to the table. Toni don't bring nothing but an empty plate and her appetite. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol!!!  She been out!  

She 50

Anywhoo proceed Antoinette.

@Boofish

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

CHIIILLLDDD I thought I heard my name .. *clears throat* I'm not sure why the Internet is acting like Toni is a catch. Toni is Vivica Fox with 2 kids and better P.R. Older, not in the best of health, broke and a career in the review mirror unless she agree to do the "classier" reality shows. Y'all better put some respeck on what Birdman bringing to the table. Toni don't bring nothing but an empty plate and her appetite. 

Lol, alright! Happy to hear Boofish is fresh out the Naughty Corner. But, honey, when the ?Queen of Grade A Pure D Intellectual Afrocentric Foolishness--- our girl ZaldamoWilder--- puts you in the corner you marked for Life! 

Ok.... soo... marrying for money. Riight.... A lotta people do it. The question is: could you slob this man down on the regular for a $100 million dollar fortune?

Toni-Braxton-Birdman.thumb.jpg.b4437d4fcbc15d24be778ad4c0faa79f.jpg

Ew! I dunno... They don't even look right together. & dear God what do they talk about?!?

Why Toni gotta be Vivica Fox with baggage tho?! Lol! Soo wrong, yet so astute. I'm starting to get the picture. 

Or maybe this is all just an elaborate promo for Toni's new album "Sex & cigarettes"?

Ya'll got me hype for the new season! 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Lol, alright! Happy to hear Boofish is fresh out the Naughty Corner. But, honey, when the ?Queen of Grade A Pure D Intellectual Afrocentric Foolishness--- our girl ZaldamoWilder--- puts you in the corner you marked for Life! 

Ok.... soo... marrying for money. Riight.... A lotta people do it. The question is: could you slob this man down on the regular for a $100 million dollar fortune?

Toni-Braxton-Birdman.thumb.jpg.b4437d4fcbc15d24be778ad4c0faa79f.jpg

Ew! I dunno... They don't even look right together. & dear God what do they talk about?!?

Why Toni gotta be Vivica Fox with baggage tho?! Lol! Soo wrong, yet so astute. I'm starting to get the picture. 

Or maybe this is all just an elaborate promo for Toni's new album "Sex & cigarettes"?

Ya'll got me hype for the new season! 

Afrocentric foolishness?  

Barry-Yes.gif

I proudly accept.  We went to Black Panther Saturday and lilWilder said ma you’re doing...too...much.   Tuh! I ain’t get no credit for leaving the crown in the car? 

Ok look have we or have we not had an unfortunate phase in our past?  Could I do it?  Mitigating factors.  The fronts have to come out.  He has to have an amazing and compatible sense of humor.  He can’t have even the hint of a Puffyesque lazy eye.  He must be a skilled and attentive laborer.  Lemme g’awn and accelerate what I’m trying to say:  I saw Christopher Wallace at a comedy show at the Beacon in ‘96.  I was coming back from the bathroom and he was in the lobby surrounded by a throng of women.  He looked up just as I walked by and I pointed to his socks and he laughed and raised his pant hem to show me (yes, Gucci lol) and right then, I understood the hell outta Faith.  I could absolutely do it.  But now thanks to Boofish I see him with Viv.  Toni got something a little siddidity for me to see their freak numbers level up.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

If the lights are off?  Yes!  I'm tired of being an independent woman and have been trying to find my sugar daddy.  Like I've always said, RHoA Kim Z needs to get on that book grind (especially since she needs money for her gambling), because I'd pre-order that shit to learn how to get a Big Poppa of my own to buy me a nice, furnished, paid off condo AND put it in my name.  #noshame

35 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

He can’t have even the hint of a Puffyesque lazy eye.

Bwahahahaha! 

im-done-gif-10.gif

• Love 2

@NowVoyager agreed I have been placed in the corner by the best. Hell, I would buy a book of @ZaldamoWilder comments!!

I'm getting married at the ripe old age of 50 (technically 51 on my wedding day.) We are great value Harry and Meghan as far as color schemes go. Mr. Boofish is 62, Republican and has an arsenal in our bedroom because he thinks the 2nd amendment is the greatest literature ever written. My hair nappy, I don't tell, tolerate, entertain or laugh at Obama jokes and I wore a Dashiki when we went to see Black Panther. So I get it - opposites attract.

HOWEVER Mr. Boofish teeth are not decorated or glow in the dark, he has never once asked me if I was finish or if I was done, never demanded I put some "respeck" on his name nor ever been mentioned in the same sentence as "child sexual predator." Looks aside, he has some questionable character traits and she broker than the 10 commandments after Moses got pissed so as far as celebrity standards these two crazy kids might make it work. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Boofish said:

@NowVoyager agreed I have been placed in the corner by the best. Hell, I would buy a book of @ZaldamoWilder comments!!

I'm getting married at the ripe old age of 50 (technically 51 on my wedding day.) We are great value Harry and Meghan as far as color schemes go. Mr. Boofish is 62, Republican and has an arsenal in our bedroom because he thinks the 2nd amendment is the greatest literature ever written. My hair nappy, I don't tell, tolerate, entertain or laugh at Obama jokes and I wore a Dashiki when we went to see Black Panther. So I get it - opposites attract.

HOWEVER Mr. Boofish teeth are not decorated or glow in the dark, he has never once asked me if I was finish or if I was done, never demanded I put some "respeck" on his name nor ever been mentioned in the same sentence as "child sexual predator." Looks aside, he has some questionable character traits and she broker than the 10 commandments after Moses got pissed so as far as celebrity standards these two crazy kids might make it work. 

giphy.gif

Awwwwww girl??   CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! 

giphy.gif

• Love 2

In the first vid they are literally sitting down with a tabloid to justify talking shit about her and she is not there to defend herself. So they are proving her point that they are ganging up on her by ganging up on her.

It's tough having sisters and for there not to be a rivalry. To be fair, she is reaping back some of what she sowed in bragging about how she married a good man compared to them etc. I can't stand Towanda tho.

• Love 1

Trina's death drop had me rolling!!! She was committed, wasn't she?

Congratulations, Tracie. (Um, I guess...)

Tamar was exhausting, as usual.

Towanda looked & sounded great in her play! You. Go. Umba.

Toni's video was fabulous!!! This woman has not slowed down a step, ya'll! She looks & sounds as wonderful as she ever did... Tamar & Towanda in the background were cute.

TV Guide shenanigans: The premiere is only about an hour & 5 or 10 minutes. The premiere of "Hustle & Soul" is hidden in the BFV time slot & it's showing BFV as 2 hours. Boo!

• Love 1

Season 6, Episode 1:

"The Duchess & the Divorce"

The Braxtons are stunned by news of Tamar's divorce filing; Traci reveals her shocking secret; the sisters finally confront Tamar who storms out.

Airs March 22, 2018.

On 2/20/2018 at 12:55 PM, NowVoyager said:

tonibraxtonbirdman-500x554.jpg.9587aa2cc6a30c2266ade40c73c87225.jpg

This Hawt Mess Show is coming back in March, ya'll! Engagement! Divorce! Lawsuit! (Hm, I hope ZaldamoWilder has let Boofish out the corner by now...)

Let's pray this isn't a 21st centry "Bobby & Whitney"...beautiful talented successful {albeit middle aged & sun-setting career} woman marries what-is-his-given-legal-name..?

How old is he &, how many kids & ex-wives does this man have? Yes, he might be wealthy *now* but if there are other hands in his wallet ...

And Toni go get your ring-bling sized properly. Looks like it was about to fall off.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

I didn.t find Traci 's secret shocking. Those two horny kids were glued together the last time we saw them. They are 21 and 22.most likely they have been educated on the ways to prevent an unplanned pregnancy and obviously something happened. Also, I think Traci's son is the oldest grandchild of Ms. E - which isn't too surprising he would be the first one to re-produce.

Embrace  your crown and title Duchess Traci !

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Maybe it’s the Tamar apologist in me but I get so tired of Traci the eternal victim. Yes Tamar used to talk mad shit about your shitty ass husbands but 1) your husbands was shitty and 2) she absolutely said this shit right here comes with a price.

but you’d rather swan dive into your feelings from 5 years ago and ask for another apology. Bye, girl. 

• Love 5
On 3/23/2018 at 3:51 AM, MsTree said:

Unless I missed it, when did Towanda become "Umba"??  Anyone know the meaning behind it, because I don't know how you get Umba from Towanda???

They've always called her that every now and again.  I think they mentioned one season that when Tamar was a toddler, she couldn't pronounce Towanda's name and that's what she said. 

The sisters were just waiting for something to happen in Tamar's marriage so they could throw shit back in her face.  With the exception of Toni, they all really hate her.  

• Love 3

Those clips showed Tamar to be loud and vicious in speaking to her sisters on sensitive subjects. Now that she's in their situation, she doesn't want to talk about her situation. She apologized (150,000 times) so no one better get loud and vicious with her. Basically she will go scorched earth on anyone until she suffers the same, then her apology must be accepted.

• Love 3

I've always liked Tamar, but the editing this episode was not kind to her.

She threw her sisters' troubled marriages in their faces on multiple occasions. (Um, did anyone else notice how different Tamar's face looked in the early clip? Vince isn't the only thing that's "Totally Different!" IJS) Ok, that's the past, she's apologized, but that doesn't magically make her sisters' hurt feelings go away.

And now, she didn't tell her sisters about the divorce before she told the whole world, walking out at dinner before other people could finish speaking, not communicating with Towanda about showing up for the play--- she makes it hard to love her. Tamar is pushing her sisters away when, even though they might still be mad, they want to rally around & support her. That kind of rejection must sting.

What I know for sure: nothing is going to get resolved until Tamar stops walking out. Tamar needs to learn that saying "I'm sorry" isn't always enough. Sometimes part of apologizing is listening to the person tell you how you made them feel.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I've always liked Tamar, but the editing this episode was not kind to her.

She threw her sisters' troubled marriages in their faces on multiple occasions. (Um, did anyone else notice how different Tamar's face looked in the early clip? Vince isn't the only thing that's "Totally Different!" IJS) Ok, that's the past, she's apologized, but that doesn't magically make her sisters' hurt feelings go away.

And now, she didn't tell her sisters about the divorce before she told the whole world, walking out at dinner before other people could finish speaking, not communicating with Towanda about showing up for the play--- she makes it hard to love her. Tamar is pushing her sisters away when, even though they might still be mad, they want to rally around & support her. That kind of rejection must sting.

What I know for sure: nothing is going to get resolved until Tamar stops walking out. Tamar needs to learn that saying "I'm sorry" isn't always enough. Sometimes part of apologizing is listening to the person tell you how you made them feel.

I totally agree.  She definitely doesn't make it easy for them to support her and she acts like a fucking child all the damn time.  And that makes the sisters always want to one up her or bring her back down to their level with a "see, you thought you were better than us, but you're not!"  And all that does is make her more defensive and reclusive (not sure that's the word I want, but I think you get what I mean - it makes her not want to share her problems with them).  Like Toni said, they had a right to bring up what she said about their husbands, but not necessarily right at that moment.  I mean, I was damn shocked that she even admitted to filing for divorce and started to talk about it a bit when they asked her.  And then they lost her because they just HAD to throw it back in her face.  Not saying any of them are more worse than the other, but they know their sister.  We've seen Tamar often make attempts to be better at this and bite her tongue in recent seasons; not always successfully, (like with the whole menu tasting thing, lol) but at least she's trying.  I don't necessarily see the same from the others.  

Funny to see that Towanda is in the same play that Porsha has been talking about all season on RHoAtl.  So now that she's officially divorced, where are her kids living, especially now that she's traveling with this play?

Anyone else not surprised that Traci's son and gf are pregnant?  From the time they started having the sex conversations last season, I was like, she'll be pregnant next season.  And I had to chuckle at Traci's and Trina's reactions to Mama Evelyn's reaction to the news.  Such "wonderful news", followed by her comment to Trina about how she sent Trina to college for an education not a baby.

tenor.gif?itemid=4894687

• Love 4

I think Tamar walking away from conversations goes back to when they all were growing up. Little Tamar would walk off , probably threw a tantrum with alligator tears, and they let it go, to keep the peace. Now when she is chronologically an adult and should be able to calmly explain and listen to the issue at hand, she won't. She just rather leave the room .

Unfortunately the only one Tamar might listen to about her behavior is Ms. E - and Ms. E won't tell Tamar what to do or how to act b/ she is "grown".  I wish Ms E would have been at the dinner.

Sorry - I find Tamar putting the other ex-husbands on blast was funny. "You got a cheater, you got a computer wiz who likes to cheat on the internet, you got somebody that can't never hold down a job, and you got somebody who wants to live off of you (which I didn't know that about Keri). And she did say her husband is totally different and comes with a price and is not easy."

Can't anybody figure out why 5 out of 5 marriages among sisters had issues? Looks like Traci is going to hold out in her marriage (knock wood) and the jury is still out on Tamar's - ie I don't think her's is final yet.

I wonder does the brother's (Micheal Jr) wife have any issues..

• Love 2

Episode 2:

"Allegedly"

Toni's back in the studio with beau, Birdman; when Miss Evelyn speaks to the press about Tamar's volatile relationship with Vince, Tamar goes into hiding; Trina and Traci's epic party bus to Las Vegas is a fail when an unexpected visitor arrives.

Airs March 29, 2018.

(edited)
7 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2018/03/31/toni-braxton-pulls-traci-family-tour-new-album-feud/

Hmm. I guess we'll see this play out in an upcoming episode. 

That’s just business sense. Traci going with Toni helps Traci, but does nothing sales or audience wise for Toni. Tamar can not only bring fans to the seats, she brings fans that might buy Toni’s cd. Toni doesn’t have to feel obligated to keep carrying her sisters. Besides we have seen the work ethic of the sisters, and if I had to choose, I would definitely choose On Her Grind Tamar over, When I Get to it Traci.  Also this might be the bonding and sister.y support Tamar needs right now.

Edited by Happytobehere
Forgot to mention:
  • Love 3

Trina & Traci were bringing the fun this episode! Watching them go shopping & act silly on the party bus with the stripper was the best part of the show--- *sigh...* until little Logan showed up. So precious. God's gift. Not on the Vegas trip tho. Well, at least they made up from Mr. Chow's. 

Toni & Birdman together are painful to watch. She doesn't even understand what he's saying half the time. I don't get it, but I hope Birdman (& Towanda, too) can surprise Toni for her birthday.

I think Mommy can do very well with her public speaking. She's very relatable & poised & presents herself beautifully. Annnd, she sure doesn't hold back with her point of view!

Regarding the abuse allegations: When Traci said: "Mommy. Told. Everrrythang." & That negro-please look Trina shot Daddy when he said he didn't know anything. Well, I've formed my point of view.

I always thought it was super cute that Logan looks so much like Vince. But, going through a bitter divorce with your soon-to-be-ex's mini me clinging to you all day, everyday--- it seems like a lot.

• Love 3
(edited)

Screenshot_20180401-143744.thumb.png.c760e8540a8a630603973368bca4f952.png

Screenshot_20180401-143749.thumb.png.4e1912bec2b230477cd66a1ffe12abb7.png

2 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

That’s just business sense. Traci going with Toni helps Traci, but does nothing sales or audience wise for Toni. Tamar can not only bring fans to the seats, she brings fans that might buy Toni’s cd. Toni doesn’t have to feel obligated to keep carrying her sisters.

^^^From Traci's instagram. 

Edited by NowVoyager
Sorry my screenshots suck.
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Regarding the abuse allegations: When Traci said: "Mommy. Told. Everrrythang." & That negro-please look Trina shot Daddy when he said he didn't know anything. Well, I've formed my point of view.

The rumors of domestic violence have been swirling for years.  I first heard whispers when the show premiered. The whispers got louder when Toni split from Vince as her manager and Tamar attacks her for it, which led to the brief split in their closeness which we witnessed.  

I don’t know if anyone heard Tamar’s comments when she was on Steve Harvey, but hearing her talk about Vince wanting blonde haired, light skinned women and how she tried to be what he wanted made me feel sad for her.  I know people joke about her being with Vince for his money, but if you ever heard Tamar talk about past relationships, I grew to believe she did love him because he was so good to her.  Sadly, this is the typical abuser move, spot the emotionally vulnerable, reel them in, then break them down. And that’s how Tamar sounded to me, broken down

• Love 5
9 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2018/03/31/toni-braxton-pulls-traci-family-tour-new-album-feud/

Hmm. I guess we'll see this play out in an upcoming episode. 

I'm not convinced Traci has that "it" quality to go on tour and be part of a concert show, as a doo-w**-pop background chick. Can't say if it's because she did get the experience/exposure when the others did in her late teens/20s, or that's just not her gift. And I thought Toni was too sick to tour?

4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Toni & Birdman together are painful to watch. She doesn't even understand what he's saying half the time. I don't get it, but I hope Birdman (& Towanda, too) can surprise Toni for her birthday.

Toni is dabbling in Rap? I know R&B has its sales challenges, but wow.. And she has to explain to the label what certain lines mean, let alone the cursing? Toni - if you had to change or attempt another genre to pay the bills, rap should have been your last choice. It doesn't fit your image and personality. And as mother to tweens, titling an album  "sex and cigarettes"? Babyface - where are you ? Your home-girl needs you...

Hate to play the age-discrimination card , but 50 is too old to initially break into rap. Sorry. Even the OG rappers who are now 50-ish (ie Ice Cube, Ice T, Rev Run, etc) are doing something else... I wonder did she consider doing an album with someone younger/current and more mainstream - ie someone's who lyrics are not on the censored list and has a more diverse following ?

• Love 3

How does one woman manage to raise 5 fucked up daughters? Not 1 not 2, but 5!!!!! Trina was on the Iyanla show with her ex the other day and she is just as messed up as the rest of them. I thought maybe she was a little more together but no way. In fact, Trina in a roundabout way gave indication that mommy was a critical, yelling, demeaning mommy most of the time when they were all growing up, which leads me to believe that Miss Evelyn is a big phony on the show. 

• Love 10

Episode 8:

"Living Legend"

With Tamar in hiding, she may miss Toni's 50th birthday; Toni is stunned by a shocking party foul; Traci pressures her son over baby news; Tamar performs; Toni receives the Soul Train Legend Award.

Airs April 5, 2018.

(edited)
On 4/3/2018 at 4:53 PM, bichonblitz said:

How does one woman manage to raise 5 fucked up daughters? Not 1 not 2, but 5!!!!! Trina was on the Iyanla show with her ex the other day and she is just as messed up as the rest of them. I thought maybe she was a little more together but no way. In fact, Trina in a roundabout way gave indication that mommy was a critical, yelling, demeaning mommy most of the time when they were all growing up, which leads me to believe that Miss Evelyn is a big phony on the show. 

that's why I wish we knew more about micheal jr... could it be that Ms. E is zero for 6?

I can't with Trina & Gabe...

Edited by sATL
(edited)
On 4/5/2018 at 6:24 PM, sATL said:

that's why I wish we knew more about micheal jr... could it be that Ms. E is zero for 6?

I can't with Trina & Gabe...

I do like how he's managed to stay under the radar for the most part.

I'm annoyed that it's getting harder now to find the new episodes available online.   Keep getting teasers on the YT only to find out they're fake links or taken down by WeTV.  ETA:  WeTV has the eppys on their site.   I was able to watch the premiere finally since it requires no login.   Hopefully the other ones eventually won't require a login.

So interesting to see Towanda is an understudy for Porsha Williams of all folks.   Wasn't Towanda rumored to be dating Porsha's ex at one time?   Small world.

Edited by Meedis
Forgot to check WeTV site
  • Love 1
On 4/3/2018 at 4:53 PM, bichonblitz said:

That episode was interesting.  While in no way excusing Gabe and his infidelities, seeing the abusive nature of their relationship (Trina as verbally abusive and demeaning) put his actions in a new light.  When Gabe admitted that part of his attraction to Trina was the familiarity of being abused and demeaned like he was as a child, it was sad. Also, hearing that he never felt like he was the father figure in her sons’s lives reminded me of the time when Tamar accused Andre of being nothing more than the babysitter to his kinds with Towanda. Something caused Gabe to feel that he was basically the glorified babysitter to Trina’s sons.  I don’t know if Gabe and Caleb will ever have a close relationship, but watching the lightbulb come on in Caleb’s eyes when Iyanla spoke to him about Gabe’s feelings and experiences caused me to wonder what Caleb saw/heard in the house that he was now putting in context.  The episode also supported my long-held belief that Mama E is a real piece of work.

• Love 6

Early points that made me stop what I was doing...

1) Divorced Towanda and Andre live in the same house?? And I think they are in a reasonable sized house ,as opposed to a McMansion... I know they have school aged tweens but still..

2) Vince & Tamar own the rights to the theme song we've been hearing for 5 yrs?? And Tamar is listed as the sole writer?? And this discovery is "just now" made ? 

3) Forever 21... not to be mean but I guess I never thought of that store for someone past a certain age/size..especially for a dress to wear to dinner for your man..Maybe I've been watching too much RHO*

4) Kevin Jr/Oliva seem a little odd-distant over the baby training.. RoboBaby was another fail assignment. She seems like she doesn't want to be bothered and Kevin definitely is playing "too cool for school". Is it just too early in the pregnancy ?

5) (a) Toni's family seems awfully excited about Birdman..they must know something about the man that we don't. Or are they just happy that she is getting married and seems happy?  If Vegas is special to you an d hubby-to-be, get married there - where they take care of everything and there will be nothing for the family to "take over" - just tell them the date, place and time.  (b) Why in all places in LA must you have a 16 yr old birthday party at Vince's house? Forget the recent events, it doesn't make sense.  It's another stupid trend of reality shows - children events that are full of adults.

My DVR tapes a few minutes of the next show - "Hustle and Soul' - what a hot mess.. Several woman fighting over a man, who is too stupid to hire the right people for his business.  WeTV do better please..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Episode 4:

"Law & Order"

Toni has a big announcement, Tamar is still refusing to open up about her divorce, and Towanda's decision to take legal action could tear the Braxton family apart for good.

Aired April 12, 2018.

As much as Tamar has grown on me over the years, I have to admit that the Tamar free episodes of BFV have been so pleasant, calm and enjoyable.  

As for the party at Vince’s, I can only hope that Toni’s son wanted his party there and she is trying to be the bigger person for his sake. I was actually disappointed in the sisters because they couldn’t put their feelings aside for their nephew’s sake.  You don’t have to interact with Vince, but you should be there to support and celebrate your nephew.

On 4/13/2018 at 12:14 AM, sATL said:

2) Vince & Tamar own the rights to the theme song we've been hearing for 5 yrs?? And Tamar is listed as the sole writer?? And this discovery is "just now" made ? 

Where was the concern about compensation these 5 years? The minute Toni piped up about compensating artists, I remembered her saying Towanda and Trina weren't paid to be her backup dancers/singers. 

We have seen other instances where they expect services and products for free when coming from family members. If that is their modus operandi, why should they expect compensation now?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Where was the concern about compensation these 5 years? The minute Toni piped up about compensating artists, I remembered her saying Towanda and Trina weren't paid to be her backup dancers/singers. 

We have seen other instances where they expect services and products for free when coming from family members. If that is their modus operandi, why should they expect compensation now?

Excuse me for being an asshole, but I absolutely refuse to believe Traci and Towanda did any writing of the theme song. 1) Tamar is the jingle creator of the group 2) no way in hell that damn song took 3-4 writers.

• Love 5