Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Save the drama for your mama ... and sisters.

9 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

But that's a control issue, not the lovey dovey thing Tamar is trying to portray. Who's the puppet master of this velcro, I don't know, but it's uncomfortable to watch.

I think she genuinely doesn't want to leave him alone on his birthday. Idk if he's still cool with lashawn. If he ain't, then where's his friend circle to actually do something for his birthday? 

And plus also, she wants to avoid a guilt trip lol.

• Love 1

This episode was a juxtaposition of the sisters having fun & stirring up needless Drama.

One minute they're eating, drinking, going to the spa, horseback riding, shopping, taking pictures---fun times--- the next minute Vince & lil Vince (whew! If that lil boy ain't his twin!) are creeping in along with Daddy & his ForeverSidePieceDon'tCareHowLongTheyBeenMarried--- a mess! The visit to Casa Kimberly was an interesting side note... one of the homes of two famous lovers who both cheated on their spouses. It's hard to hate on Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton....

I agree with Tamar that Vince shouldn't be alone on his birthday, however she should have told the other sisters & she definitely should have told Mommy about the side piece new wife coming through.

The suspense has been killing us & (I'm just gonna say it) she's clearly less attractive than Mamma Braxton. But, looks aren't everything in a relationship....

OT: Tamar's going to be on RuPaul's Drag Race next week!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

This episode was a juxtaposition of the sisters having fun & stirring up needless Drama.

One minute they're eating, drinking, going to the spa, horseback riding, shopping, taking pictures---fun times--- the next minute Vince & lil Vince (whew! If that lil boy ain't his twin!) are creeping in along with Daddy & his ForeverSidePieceDon'tCareHowLongTheyBeenMarried--- a mess! The visit to Casa Kimberly was an interesting side note... one of the homes of two famous lovers who both cheated on their spouses. It's hard to hate on Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton....

I agree with Tamar that Vince shouldn't be alone on his birthday, however she should have told the other sisters & she definitely should have told Mommy about the side piece new wife coming through.

The suspense has been killing us & (I'm just gonna say it) she's clearly less attractive than Mamma Braxton. But, looks aren't everything in a relationship....

OT: Tamar's going to be on RuPaul's Drag Race next week!

I think new hoe and Evelyn were about the same aesthetic wise when they first separated. I think that Braxton money got mama E looking like a snack. Season 1, she wasn't nearly as fly.  But E got cuter and new hoe got fatter(I'd imagine).

• Love 5

Episode 24:

Daddy brings his wife to Mexico, stunning Miss Evelyn and the gals. Later, all hell breaks loose when Toni invites Daddy and his wife to dinner; and the ladies learn the truth after years of misconceptions.

Airs May 11, 2017.

Wow. I'm not a Tamar fan.. but she just said the truth. Blaming Wanda for her father not being there for their milestones was the easy thing, to hear that it was HIS choice, trying to make a point... that is crushing.

• Love 7
(edited)

I can relate to this episode because I also have a father that did the same thing theirs did. He also made a choice not to see me or come to my life events. But damn are they lucky they're all still on speaking terms with their father. My father and my sister have a relationship - she's older, but for some unknown reason he never made it a priority to continue a relationship with me while I was growing up. Anyway, I've got a therapist for that :D lol

I just wanted to say that even though I understand the hurt those girls must feel - they are being too hard on his wife though.  And their mom needs to get over it too - just for her own (Ms Braxtons) healing, she really needs to move on. To be completely unable to even stay on the trip (even if you didn't go to activities with the ex) is just silly - it has been several years. 

10 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Wow. I'm not a Tamar fan.. but she just said the truth. Blaming Wanda for her father not being there for their milestones was the easy thing, to hear that it was HIS choice, trying to make a point... that is crushing.

Often times these men are so afraid of dealing with their exes that it's just the easier choice to stay away. 

That just makes everyone more bitter, from my personal experience. 

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 3
(edited)

It was sad & revealing that lil Vince has clearly absorbed the family tension towards Ms. Wanda. The first thing the baby said was, "Ooooh! Ima tell---" the caption said "momma," but I thought he may have said "mom-mom," his name for Mama Braxton. I love little kids when they're in that stage----they give you allll the tea as soon as they see you. That being said, how did lil Vince not tell Tamar? It seemed pointless to keep up the pretense at a time like that.

Ms. Wanda was nice enough if a little... obtuse about how much pain her relationship has caused & continues to cause. I wanted to hear more of what she had to say;  Daddy Braxton seemed to cut her off & speak for her. Then again, the little bit she did say was.... odd. She hopes Evelyn doesn't think she's trying to take her place?!? Um, lol, no worries there Ms. Wanda!

As painful as it was, this conversation was looong overdue. Trina looked so hurt. That was truly heartbreaking. 

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3

My 2 cents (if it matters).....Whatever hurt, bitterness, anger, etc. that Ms. Evelyn has towards her ex and the other Mrs. Braxton is valid. I mean she was his lover and his secretary, working everyday of the week. Was at the job when no one else was there, helping him get on his feet. E-leven years of sac....., you get the point. HOWEVER, those GROWN children need to let it go. Hell, they were GROWN when the situation hit the fan. I did feel bad for Trina though, but that bratty ass Tamar damn near made me flip my lap top over. Only she could somehow turn Trina's hurt into a "scene" for her. That "put your kids first" tantrum of hers holds no weight when those "kids" are adults.

• Love 7

I think the underlying tension and why Tamar was so upset was because daddy diddn't show up because Trina was not a STAR!! if The Braxtons group had made it big, I guarantee you daddy Braxton would have shown up.  Just like he started to come around because of the TV show.  Some of the unspoken tension that the ladies probably didn't want to say on camera.  

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Liquid6 said:

My 2 cents (if it matters).....Whatever hurt, bitterness, anger, etc. that Ms. Evelyn has towards her ex and the other Mrs. Braxton is valid. I mean she was his lover and his secretary, working everyday of the week. Was at the job when no one else was there, helping him get on his feet. E-leven years of sac....., you get the point. HOWEVER, those GROWN children need to let it go. Hell, they were GROWN when the situation hit the fan. I did feel bad for Trina though, but that bratty ass Tamar damn near made me flip my lap top over. Only she could somehow turn Trina's hurt into a "scene" for her. That "put your kids first" tantrum of hers holds no weight when those "kids" are adults.

it matters.

May I please join you at your table for 1?   These are not mutually exclusive sentiments.  They absolutely have a right to their feelings, this man abandoned his family without so much as a cash me outside, howboudat?   But several things here are extremely problematic.   Their perspective is you chose her over us, excluding acknowledging that they all forced him to make a choice in the first place.   The gag is that had each of them invited him to their weddings without prejudice, Wanda seems like the kind of woman who would've said, I think it'll upset the girls if I go, but you can't miss it.  He said she said as much about Trina's wedding.   Tamar is always teamtoomuch and normally, it's whatever, it doesn't bother me, but last night?  I was like necro please.   The cold hard and very painful truth is that sometimes people don't choose their kids.  Is that really a position you to put a man who was shitty enough to abandon his family in?  Aight then but when he doesn't choose you, suck them tears back up, you're the one who held the gun to his head.  

It has been nearly TWENTY years and these people have not moved on from that moment in time.   So.....since 1998 ya'll have been sitting around blaming this woman for the entire regression of your relationship with your dad without once ever stepping to him about it?   That's what the fuck yawl should be crying hysterically over.  

I like Ms. Ev just as much as the next person but I'm kind of starting to believe she gets a teeny weeny bit of joy is too ebullient, satisfaction from her role as martyr/victim.  Now she was done dirty for sure.  That's a fact, but she's invested in stoking her hurt like smoldering ashes.   The abandonment, the affair and the divorce?  Shocking, devastating, life altering.   But if you believe him, the unhappiness was not a surprise.   She needs to stop selling her daughters some fictional bill of goods.  One of them even described their impression of their parents' relationship as a fairy tale.  And I'm not saying this dude isn't a punk ass coward ass, couldn't be further from his biblically defined husband role ass chump.  It does none of them justice to keep promoting this story about him destroying their happy family, he wasn't happy.   But yeah, the bitchass should've said so. 

• Love 12

Terrific episode. I connected with everyone, even ole rolling stone daddy. As Toni said, he wasn't separated, he wasn't divorced so that relationship was totally wrong, but when he said he hated to come home, it reminded me of what a female friend once told me, although she wasn't cheating. But hell was waiting at home. It also clarified what Ms. E said about the counseling session when Braxton said he couldn't let the side chick go. Their relationship was over a long time ago and he had already moved on. Whether one agrees or not, I appreciated his clarity on what men think, what women think and the separation of marital and parental roles. And yeah, you give someone an ultimatum, they are free to choose. 

Oh My God. Tamar is about 40 and she threw a complete tantrum over Trina's feelings. Living with her as a teenager must have been hell on earth. 

• Love 7

It sounds completely archaic and I hate that this puts the responsibility solely on the wife's shoulders, but in a "how would you feel if someone else fixed your man a plate at the bbq? thread" (yeah my friends are messy too lol) one of the replies was the simplest pieces of marriage of advice I've ever heard.    "my marriage philosophy is not to ever let another woman treat my man better than I treat him."   Which, shit, I hate, but totally nodded at.

• Love 2

They all have scars from their parents mess  in some way .

But I don't understand the girls. At their ages and 20.yrs after a divorce,  wanting/needing a family vacation with mommy and daddy? It's just not realistic. Would all of them want their exes at family vacations.

Tamar was a bit over the top, and at the end of her breakdown, I realized it was less for Trina'a wedding and more that he didn't show up when she was so ill. It was easier for her to accept that Wanda kept him away than to think It was HIS CHOICE. I do think her hurt is genuine, but typically Tamar, it was all about her hurt and not the other girls.

Traci was so quiet. I got the impression that she put most of that mess aside long  ago and has moved on. Toni also.

• Love 4

That scene where Trina, Tawanda and Ms, E meet on the patio and Ms. E tells them about Logan spilling the beans was clearly a re-shoot.  The explanation of why she took her braids out and how she was going to put them right back the next morning (too much detail, so lying).  And Tawanda's acting is not very good.  No, didn't happen.  Even if Trina travels with her braider, a take down and a rebraid requires many hours of work (on vacation).  

Those girls have been carrying so much pain for so many years, it was painful to watch.  Toni talked about how Ms. E brought them into the conversation, confiding in them, spilling all the dirty details, which should not be discussed with children not matter their age.  She has not allowed any space for healing.  My ex did me wrong, but I never told my children or turned them against him.  But now that those ladies are grown up, it is time for them to let it go.  They are emotionally stunted at the age they were when the divorce happened.  Their family was never a fairy tale.  That affair went on 7 years and Ms. E knew about it.  That is a small community and people were talking.  As she said, don't ask your man about another woman unless you plan on doing something about it otherwise you become the side chick.  I think that is great advice.  She knew and became the side piece.  It made her extremely bitter.  And Braxton is a coward, like a lot of men.  They will stay with the status quo if not forced to make a decision.

Having said all that, I think Braxton and Ms Wanda have a loving relationship.  They seem very affectionate, caring, and fun-loving with each other. I think the girls would benefit being around their "aging" father and seeing him happy and in a loving relationship.  Traci and Michael seem to have a good relationship with their dad and his wife.  Speaking of Michael, he seems very well adjusted coming from this mess.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Tamar was a bit over the top, and at the end of her breakdown, I realized it was less for Trina'a wedding and more that he didn't show up when she was so ill. It was easier for her to accept that Wanda kept him away than to think It was HIS CHOICE. I do think her hurt is genuine, but typically Tamar, it was all about her hurt and not the other girls.

Tamar is interesting because even though she's dramatic and histrionic AF she's also the one who puts the name on it.  She said she was nice to Ms. Wanda in order to get her father to the wedding because she saw Toni sad at hers, and Trina devastated at hers because he didn't come.

She's also the one who internalized the fact that her dad didn't really give enough of a damn about Trina to actually go to the wedding and decided to put on his IZ A MAN hat and miss his daughter's wedding DESPITE Wanda telling him to go.  I think that moment right there is when she flipped over to crazy.

There's also the case of him not visiting when she was sick...I, of course, believe they told him he couldn't fly because I remember his other health issues.  I wonder is her problem that he didn't try at all, like, idk...a road trip or a train or something like that. Or the fact that he couldn't come and didn't really keep in touch at all.

In my (un parental) head, if my baby is cross country and I can't get to her, I'm gonna facetime daily. Twice a day. I'm texting, and checking in and all that.  I wonder if Michael just was like, "ah, I can't go" and left it at that.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Watermelon said:

Tamar is interesting because even though she's dramatic and histrionic AF she's also the one who puts the name on it.  She said she was nice to Ms. Wanda in order to get her father to the wedding because she saw Toni sad at hers, and Trina devastated at hers because he didn't come.

She's also the one who internalized the fact that her dad didn't really give enough of a damn about Trina to actually go to the wedding and decided to put on his IZ A MAN hat and miss his daughter's wedding DESPITE Wanda telling him to go.  I think that moment right there is when she flipped over to crazy.

There's also the case of him not visiting when she was sick...I, of course, believe they told him he couldn't fly because I remember his other health issues.  I wonder is her problem that he didn't try at all, like, idk...a road trip or a train or something like that. Or the fact that he couldn't come and didn't really keep in touch at all.

In my (un parental) head, if my baby is cross country and I can't get to her, I'm gonna facetime daily. Twice a day. I'm texting, and checking in and all that.  I wonder if Michael just was like, "ah, I can't go" and left it at that.

This.   Now that she's the only woman on planet earth to have ever given birth, she can't fathom the idea of a circumstance where a (selfish) person chooses themselves over their child(ren).

This is going to sound unintentionally disrespectful to all the good dads in the world and on these boards but this sentiment right here is so inequitably maternal/mom-associative it's almost unfair lol.  Not that dads wouldn't/don't have the inclination to do this but I doubt that Michael would've been inclined to even if he wasn't a coward.   He cited his own health restrictions, my somewhat shitty point being, in the same position, that wouldnt've stopped Miss Evelyn.   Which (also somewhat shittily) might explain why restaurants are standing room only this Sunday but you can eat anywhere you want on Father's Day lol. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

That scene where Trina, Tawanda and Ms, E meet on the patio and Ms. E tells them about Logan spilling the beans was clearly a re-shoot.  The explanation of why she took her braids out and how she was going to put them right back the next morning (too much detail, so lying).  And Tawanda's acting is not very good.  No, didn't happen.  Even if Trina travels with her braider, a take down and a rebraid requires many hours of work (on vacation).  

I caught this as well.  When I saw her braids at the dinner I said to myself, there's no way in hell she would have been able to get those tiny ass braids put in between when they had their brunch time drinks and dinner.  Total fabrication.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

This.   Now that she's the only woman on planet earth to have ever given birth, she can't fathom the idea of a circumstance where a (selfish) person chooses themselves over their child(ren).

This is going to sound unintentionally disrespectful to all the good dads in the world and on these boards but this sentiment right here is so inequitably maternal/mom-associative it's almost unfair lol.  Not that dads wouldn't/don't have the inclination to do this but I doubt that Michael would've been inclined to even if he wasn't a coward.   He cited his own health restrictions, my somewhat shitty point being, in the same position, that wouldnt've stopped Miss Evelyn.   Which (also somewhat shittily) might explain why restaurants are standing room only this Sunday but you can eat anywhere you want on Father's Day lol. 

I agree with  most of your comment, except the  take on Tamar"s reaction. I think it was about her father not chosing her. She knew Toni was hurt on her wedding day, that Trina was devastated by Michael not being at hers, blaming Wanda for it. But now she realizes it was a deliberate choice of his. And she then thinks of her medical crisis when he wasn't there and she can't blame Wanda, and jumps right to daddy CHOSE NOT to come see ME!! She forgets about his health problems and runs straight to " he didn't care enough, love me enough" 

Oddly enough, she in a way did the same thing with Vince's birthday. Despite it being a "family vacation" she has Vince come. Against the others wishes, and using their recent health scares and vow to spend birthdays together. She could have asked to schedule the vacation to a time when it didn't conflict with the birthday.

Evelyn has done them a big dis-service.

She over shared and made herself the blameless victim, in an attempt to keep a wedge between the girls and their dad. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Easyspreestep said:

I think the underlying tension and why Tamar was so upset was because daddy diddn't show up because Trina was not a STAR!! if The Braxtons group had made it big, I guarantee you daddy Braxton would have shown up.  Just like he started to come around because of the TV show.  Some of the unspoken tension that the ladies probably didn't want to say on camera.  

Preach! I have long felt this and this episode confirmed the above.  Daddy is only there now because he wasn't going to be left out of the spot-light.  He showed up unexpectedly at Toni's wedding because she was the star and his ego wouldn't allow him not to get a little of that shine.  Trina, gets nothing, and Tamar saw how he do and knew she would get the Trina treatment if she did not cave.  My heart broke for all three of the sisters knowing that what should have been happy and joyous moments for them, their weddings, were ruined by their delightful father.  

While Miss E can be a trip and nine-tenths, he is a selfish, self-serving bastard and he love himself above anyone else.  So his new wife has to be on the same-level of ain't shitness as him because she actually tried to act as if she was an innocent and wounded party who had no understanding of the venom coming her way.  They so clearly deserve one another. 

• Love 4

Sobering to watch Coward Daddy show his narcissistic self. Having been married to one of these myself, and now blessed with seeing this from afar, it is always a blessing when you are able to see who people really are. Hopefully, the Braxton "girls" lower their expectations for Pastor Sperm Donor.

• Love 1

Episode 25:

"After The Storm"

The sisters try to move forward after their dramatic dinner with their dad. Later, Tamar tries to clear the air with her dad but isn't ready to invite his wife to Vince's birthday party; and the sisters bail on the party.

Airs May 18, 2017.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, iwasish said:

How does Logan know.who Miss Wanda Is? Tamar seems the one least likely to even show him a picture of the woman.

I'm guessing Grandaddy probably introduced him to her right then.

The last two episodes.. wow..

1) When will Miss E, let God and let go? Can she, let God and let go? The father of her six children, her young/first love of her life, yes did her shitty wrong. 16+ years ago. I would think for her own physical (i.e. blood pressure) and emotional health, she would move on.

2) Miss E's lifelong anger, bitterness and hurt passed to all of the girls. Some of which I think it b/c she became too forthcoming in sharing marital details/problems with her pre-teen children, when all of this went down.  As they got older, she got more angrier and shared/displayed more angry emotions. Hurt people, hurt people.

I wish Michael Jr was at dinner table. Did Dad and Miss Wanda come to his wedding? Traci was awfully quiet about her wedding - did Papa Braxton walk her  down the aisle?

Papa Braxton's speech about "your my children and you can't tell me what to do..", is many years too late. I don't think I would have ever tried to dictate "rules" to my parents. Children learn that lesson early - during the tween mouthy stage.

• Love 7

Tamar...Please tell me that you're going overboard with your acting strictly for the drama. Because if not, you really need to get a gripe my dear! Sixteen years and you can't respect your father's wife enough to tolerate her for a few minutes, especially after Daddy admitted it was all him?!!  Grow the fuck up girl.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:35 PM, Liquid6 said:

I would love to hear Michael Jr's take on ALL of this seeing as though he (and Tracey) kept an actual relationship with his father and Ms. Wanda.

I suspect they managed to "keep the peace" b/c they live in close proximity , as adults with their own families, to Papa and Ms. Wanda. And that Ms. E has been in Atlanta.

• Love 2
(edited)

Forgive me for sounding mean... But if Mexico's heat, sun and humidity effects Toni's heath in January (Vince's birthday is in January), to the point she can't even tag along walking the streets and/or watching from the sidelines/shaded areas, why not pick a different place? I know she must have her good days and her not-so-good days, but she can be a Debbie-downer a little too much.

I did like her though for starting the conversation to clear the air at dinner. And the ole Bill Cosby episode analogy of how "its in the presentation lobster dinner/garbage can lid" speech was nice. Not sure how Poppa was supposed to tell everyone, in a pleasant manner, he is marrying one of his side pieces x-days/ mths after the divorce was final. Its good they got some closure, while everyone is on this side of heaven.

Congrats to Vince on his weight loss. He does need to keep the nbr of his tailor handy, to adjust some of his shirts.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
On 5/19/2017 at 2:48 AM, sATL said:

2) Miss E's lifelong anger, bitterness and hurt passed to all of the girls. Some of which I think it b/c she became too forthcoming in sharing marital details/problems with her pre-teen children, when all of this went down.  As they got older, she got more angrier and shared/displayed more angry emotions. Hurt people, hurt people.

I wish Michael Jr was at dinner table. Did Dad and Miss Wanda come to his wedding? Traci was awfully quiet about her wedding - did Papa Braxton walk her  down the aisle?

The girls weren't Pre-teen when this went down. Tamar (the youngest) was around 22-23 when the marriage ended. Evelyn & Micheal Sr. were still married when Traci & Mike Jr both wed. 

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:16 AM, sATL said:

Forgive me for sounding mean... But if Mexico's heat, sun and humidity effects Toni's heath in January (Vince's birthday is in January), to the point she can't even tag along walking the streets and/or watching from the sidelines/shaded areas, why not pick a different place? I know she must have her good days and her not-so-good days, but she can be a Debbie-downer a little too much.

I did like her though for starting the conversation to clear the air at dinner. And the ole Bill Cosby episode analogy of how "its in the presentation lobster dinner/garbage can lid" speech was nice. Not sure how Poppa was supposed to tell everyone, in a pleasant manner, he is marrying one of his side pieces x-days/ mths after the divorce was final. Its good they got some closure, while everyone is on this side of heaven.

Congrats to Vince on his weight loss. He does need to keep the nbr of his tailor handy, to adjust some of his shirts.

That's where I heard that before! Wasn't that when Vanessa just showed up engaged or married and they had never met the guy? Folks were real impressed with Toni for that analogy. Next she'll be like "when you know better, you do better" and people's minds will be blown lol.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Negritude said:

That's where I heard that before! Wasn't that when Vanessa just showed up engaged or married and they had never met the guy? Folks were real impressed with Toni for that analogy. Next she'll be like "when you know better, you do better" and people's minds will be blown lol.

Yes. Here is the 4 min you tube ( link ) . Cosby used steak, potatoes &mushrooms.

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, Liquid6 said:

The girls weren't Pre-teen when this went down. Tamar (the youngest) was around 22-23 when the marriage ended. Evelyn & Micheal Sr. were still married when Traci & Mike Jr both wed. 

In the episode "pop up, pop off", 10 minutes in, Towanda said she was "right out of high school" when things starting happening. She is talking to the counselor, for the 1st time.  Towanda is 4 yrs older than Tamar. I define "right out of high school" , 20 or less.

Plus it does take some time to get on the divorce calendar, after initial separation. And we all know Ms. E can "keep it going", for as long as the law allows, so I doubt it was a quick filing, separation & divorce process/settlement. Plus, Ms. E is from the era and social status - (pastors wife), that she would have divorced as a only last resort. Who knows how many years of hunny-bunnies there were until the final decree. In a way, I could see her waiting until all of the kids were grown, could support themselves and hopefully could handle the news better - ie stay together for the minor kids sake.

I think in the movie, most of the girls were young - maybe not tween, but in their late teens.

Edited by sATL
11 minutes ago, sATL said:

In the episode "pop up, pop off", 10 minutes in, Towanda said she was "right out of high school" when things starting happening. She is talking to the counselor, for the 1st time.  Towanda is 4 yrs older than Tamar. I define "right out of high school" , 20 or less.

Plus it does take some time to get on the divorce calendar, after initial separation. And we all know Ms. E can "keep it going", for as long as the law allows, so I doubt it was a quick filing, separation & divorce process/settlement. Plus, Ms. E is from the era and social status - (pastors wife), that she would have divorced as a only last resort. Who knows how many years of hunny-bunnies there were until the final decree. In a way, I could see her waiting until all of the kids were grown, could support themselves and hopefully could handle the news better - ie stay together for the minor kids sake.

I think in the movie, most of the girls were young - maybe not tween, but in their late teens.

I think the real definition to know is "things started happening." Tony got married at 30. If the divorce happened right before that only Tamar was 20. Towanda and Trina would be 22/23 ish 

Episode 26:

"There's Something About Mommy"

In the Season 5 finale, Toni discovers a scary new Lupus symptom that could change her life forever. Later, Towanda reveals news about her divorce; and Evelyn finally opens up about the ladies' father and the Mexico trip.

Airs May 25, 2017.

(edited)

Huh. The episode concluding the Puerto Vallarta trip was strangely edited.

Trina's (very lovely & silky-looking!) straightened hair made it's second appearance. How in the world did she keep her hair looking salon chair fresh in that heat & humidity? I mean, we previously discussed the improbability of re-doing long braids during a vacation... 

And---did I miss something?--- the trip just sort of ended abruptly. It was weird not to have a fairwell meal or toast or something with sisters all together. I guess that should have been at Vince's birthday dinner. I understand why the sisters were upset that Tamar brought her husband & kids---because they weren't afforded the same opportunity--- but none of the sisters were able to put aside their feelings to celebrate Vince's birthday?!? First, that was so mean! If you're mad at Tamar, why take it out on Vince? That had to hurt his feelings. Looking at that half empty table hurt my feelings. Secondly, it beggars belief that again not one of them came. Not Toni?! Not Trina?! Tamar was hysterically crying her eyes out for Trina, like, 2 days prior. But now Trina's so mad at Tamar, she can't eat a meal with her?! I dunno. Either the sisters have some real passive aggressive tendencies, or something in the milk ain't clean.

I actually burst out laughing when Mama Ev was lecturing Towanda & Trina about holding grudges. Remember that Just Say No commercial from back in the day? Mama Ev, they learned it from watching you....

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 5
(edited)

While watching the show, I had the thought that the Vince stuff happened after everyone had already left town.  It made no sense to me either that none of the sisters showed up.  At the very least Toni would have showed up and Traci would have at least showed up for some free drinks.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Huh. The episode concluding the Puerto Vallarta trip was strangely edited.

Trina's (very lovely & silky-looking!) straightened hair made it's second appearance. How in the world did she keep her hair looking salon chair fresh in that heat & humidity? I mean, we previously discussed the improbability of re-doing long braids during a vacation... 

And---did I miss something?--- the trip just sort of ended abruptly. It was weird not to have a fairwell meal or toast or something with sisters all together. I guess that should have been at Vince's birthday dinner. I understand why the sisters were upset that Tamar brought her husband & kids---because they weren't afforded the same opportunity--- but none of the sisters were able to put aside their feelings to celebrate Vince's birthday?!? First, that was so mean! If you're mad at Tamar, why take it out on Vince? That had to hurt his feelings. Looking at that half empty table hurt my feelings. Secondly, it beggars belief that again not one of them came. Not Toni?! Not Trina?! Tamar was hysterically crying her eyes out for Trina, like, 2 days prior. But now Trina's so mad at Tamar, she can't eat a meal with her?! I dunno. Either the sisters have some real passive aggressive tendencies, or something in the milk ain't clean.

I actually burst out laughing when Mama Ev was lecturing Towanda & Trina about holding grudges. Remember that Just Say No commercial from back in the day? Mama Ev, they learned it from watching you....

Yeah those scenes with Trina's straight weave were shot after the fact. As further evidence, in those scenes, Towanda is wearing a brownish weave, but during the actual trip, she wore a black weave.

The fact that Tamar didn't throw a hissy fit about her sisters' absence made me doubt the validity of the scene. Tamar is not one to overlook any opportunity to be offended. We heard Trina and Towanda voicing dissent about party, but I don't think Traci's opinion was ever aired and we definitely didn't hear a word from Toni. 

But another thing to consider is that Tamar not only brought Vince, Logan and the nanny to the sister's vacation, she also invited a least four other people to Vince's party/sister's vacation. Considering that people aren't going to travel to Mexico for a one evening surprise dinner, I wonder if that scene was shot when the sister's vacation was over and Vince's guests were still in town. 

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Yeah those scenes with Trina's straight weave were shot after the fact. As further evidence, in those scenes, Towanda is wearing a brownish weave, but during the actual trip, she wore a black weave.

I rewatched the last episode more carefully. Now I'm convinced that scene with Towanda & Trina with straightened hair was a complete & utter reshoot, done some time after the vacation & likely NOT in Mexico! They edited it in at least 3 times over the last 2 episodes, one time with Mommy explaining why she was leaving PV. I guess the editors had their reasons.... for continuity of the storyline or some such, but it just reads false. I mean, we're not stupid. Braided hair is a significant time investment & a huge clue! The only thing that gave me pause is that I wasn't giving the show my full attention before. Do better, editors! This bit of smoke & mirrors wasn't necessary. The sisters are delighful & funny in their talking heads. That would have covered it without being so fake. Bah!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

The fact that Tamar didn't throw a hissy fit about her sisters' absence made me doubt the validity of the scene. Tamar is not one to overlook any opportunity to be offended. We heard Trina and Towanda voicing dissent about party, but I don't think Traci's opinion was ever aired and we definitely didn't hear a word from Toni. 

But another thing to consider is that Tamar not only brought Vince, Logan and the nanny to the sister's vacation, she also invited a least four other people to Vince's party/sister's vacation. Considering that people aren't going to travel to Mexico for a one evening surprise dinner, I wonder if that scene was shot when the sister's vacation was over and Vince's guests were still in town. 

Vince's birthday scene wasn't 100% honest either, regarding the sisters lack of involvement. But, at least it was actually shot in Mexico. You bring up some good points about logistics. I wonder what really happened? What really went down when Mommy abruptly exited stage left & the sisters no-showed for Vince's party, apparently without a word to Tamar? Was it that ugly that they declined to air it?

Hmm...

(edited)
On 5/12/2017 at 0:29 PM, iwasish said:

I find the "Well Tamar invited her husband and baby" narrative interesting because it's not the first time that's happened.  I swear they've had that same dialogue happen a smooth 3 prior times.  At what point are the other girls gonna take the initiative to say, "hey I want my kids with me", instead of being mad that Tamar and her velcro are sticking to stereotypes.

I do think there's an underlying thing of them reaaaaaaally not seeing it for Vince(ever and especially after the 911 call) and so wanting even more distance than normal.

Edited by Watermelon
it wont let me erase the box or write things :(
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Watermelon said:

I find the "Well Tamar invited her husband and baby" narrative interesting because it's not the first time that's happened.  I swear they've had that same dialogue happen a smooth 3 prior times.  At what point are the other girls gonna take the initiative to say, "hey I want my kids with me", instead of being mad that Tamar and her velcro are sticking to stereotypes.

I do think there's an underlying thing of them reaaaaaaally not seeing it for Vince(ever and especially after the 911 call) and so wanting even more distance than normal.

Yea, this is part of the reason why I roll my eyes hard every time Towanda says something, because she never shows any interest in being with her kids....unless she's trying to force her daughter to be a prima ballerina or she's fighting for custody.  

• Love 2

Ooo-kayyy.... a full sit down dinner with Mommy & the girls rehashing the PV trip & NO mention of everyone's absence from Vince's birthday?! Ok, show...

I'm torn. On the one hand, I feel like if Mama Braxton don't want to talk to the b---oops! I mean, Ms. Wanda---never, ever, ever, ever, then she doesn't have to. On the other hand, it may give her some closure, so she can finally move on at this late date. Because clearly she hasn't. Mama Braxton's reaction when she thought Toni invited Ms. Wanda on the trip instead of just to dinner scared the crap out of me for a hot second. The sisters faces at the table watching Mommy were hilarious! So much goes unsaid in female relationships, especially familial and/or long term ones.

Oh!!! Mama Braxton spilled some TEA, ya'll!

So. Daddy Braxton had invited Ms. Wanda over to the house multiple times while he was still married! Tambout she was a co-worker. Hm! I couldn't help but IMAGINE hosting someone in my home---welcoming them, making sure they're comfortable, feeding them---& then have them turn around & walk off with my husband! Chile.....

Andre's never been my favorite person, but there's nothing I hate worse than a bad breaker-upper. I think it's understandable that he was in his feelings for a while. But, I'm soo relieved he finally calmed down & behaved rationally. Towanda was really chill about the property settlement. She really looked like a big weight had been lifted off of her.

Poor Toni! That PV trip & all the sun really did a number on her health. She did look puffy from all the steroids, but lucky for her she still looked gorgeous. I really identified with her when she talked about closing herself off from romantic love for a while. & I don't think it's a bad thing at all to take time to be to yourself. However, sometimes when you venture out of that phase, you don't make the best choice.

• Love 1

I feel very disrespected by the blatant timeline shenanigans in this last episode. First they say Towanda got a call from andre(in short hair), went to spend time with toni(allegedly same day in long hair), and flew back to Atlanta to meet with Andre back in short hair.

then there's Tamar's talking head filmed the same day she hung out with ton. She shows up in that same talking head outfit discussing things later in the episode, making it obvious her and Toni's talk happened after other things in real time. 

• Love 1

^^^^^Yes, yes & yes! It was soo bad, it made me wonder if WeTV has given up on the show... I mean, while we're watching all the bootleg, ratchet editing, they're heavily promo-ing new shows, targeted for a younger audience...

All I can say is: Boooo!!!!

This is one of my favorite reality shows!

• Love 1
On 5/26/2017 at 1:05 AM, NowVoyager said:

Oh!!! Mama Braxton spilled some TEA, ya'll!

So. Daddy Braxton had invited Ms. Wanda over to the house multiple times while he was still married! Tambout she was a co-worker. Hm! I couldn't help but IMAGINE hosting someone in my home---welcoming them, making sure they're comfortable, feeding them---& then have them turn around & walk off with my husband! Chile.....

Let us not forget that Daddy Braxton was a preacher and MIss Wanda worked with him in the church.  That is a major part of Ms. E's disdain and makes her prior comment about DB being lowdown and dirty all the more understandable.  As we saw with the PV episodes, DB is quite controlling and manipulative. I wonder if part of Ms. E's bitterness is connected to things she sacrificed to his manipulations that she came to realize was connected to his deceit;, leaving her to stew in what she gave up on his behalf as he was screwing around and then dumped her once she no longer served a purpose for him.  I mean the affair, the bringing that skank to her home and the remarriage 30 days after the divorce speaks volumes on both DB and Miss Wanda's characters, no matter how she is attempting to spin it now.

• Love 4
(edited)

The fact that Miss Wanda had the balls to be all up in that house at multiple events and family functions as a "guest" all while knowing she was where Daddy Braxton was spreading it low and wide (literally and figuratively) tells me all I need to know about her.  So she can take her tears about being left out elsewhere.  You can't do dirty shit like that and expect the people who bore the brunt of it to just get over it.

That being said, I get why Ms. E is still all up in her feelings. However she passes on so much of her venom and animosity to the sisters that they haven't been able to get over her hurt to be able to deal with their own.  

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 4

Maybe Ms. E doesn't have to "get over it" but geez, after 20-30 years she can at least be somewhat civil. Running away does no one any good. It just shows the sisters that you can hold a grudge for the rest of your life and wallow in self-pity.  That's a very poor example of trying to move forward if you ask me.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Maybe Ms. E doesn't have to "get over it" but geez, after 20-30 years she can at least be somewhat civil. Running away does no one any good. It just shows the sisters that you can hold a grudge for the rest of your life and wallow in self-pity.  That's a very poor example of trying to move forward if you ask me.

Exactly.

• Love 1