Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Save the drama for your mama ... and sisters.

Tamar should have revealed this when she was on good terms with her sisters. Instead she wielded that information in the midst of a viscous fight where she wouldn't even accept Trina's sincere apology.

Traci attempted to shut them both up. Trini was able to shut up and listen to Traci and understand she needed to apologize for her comments. Tamar just responds with her automatic talk back and there's little hope for communication. And let's not forget Tamar went for the jugular with Traci in the midst of her fight with Trini when she talked about bad singing. When Traci told her to think about what was coming out of her mouth, Tamar kind of pretended she didn't drop that bomb and only talked about her comments to Trina.

• Love 4

They all suck at fighting TBH. Because when Tamar and Traci were fighting outside and Tamar said she didn't know what she had done to Traci, she says Tamar lied. Let's be clear. Tamar is an asshole, but she certainly wasn't LYING about Traci's autotune.

And just like none of the sisters think Tamar is sincere, Tamar is weeeeeell within her rights to think that Trina realized it made her look bad, not so much that she's actually sorry she said it.

Traci tries, but when you're yelling over Tamar at both the girls to shut up, and Trina has left the room...it reads as *another* attack on Tamar.

Really, I want Tamar to realize them girls just don't like her(they love her, sure, but like? Nah), take some interpersonal communication classes, and keep it moving.

• Love 5

She does need to tone it down. When she was tasting the chicken, slapping her lips like a camel, I knew it was on. That's not the way you present yourself when someone wants an honest opinion from you. That's just playing up to the peanut gallery.

Those girls don't like Tamar for good reason and until she's willing to accept that, things will never change. We can't wait for other folks to realize their part in the bullshit - we have to change ourselves. I think the sisters are all jealous of Tamar. It's not fair. But jealousy isn't the only issue in this family. Trina was right when she said that Tamar has the nastiest energy in the world. She does and so does Vince. Trina was right about all of that. Tamar is a snot, a loudmouth, a nasty bully and a hothead who speaks before she thinks. That miscarriage reveal was a manipulation. I am heartbroken for her (I know how she feels) but that wasn't fair fighting. Her sisters had valid points and her response was, "I don't have to think about any of that because I just had a miscarriage." Girl. That is awful and so sad but 1) Trina didn't know that when y'all had the argument, and 2) that has nothing to do with the argument.

Tamar had valid points with her comments about the food - I agreed with the things she was saying. But she says things in a horrible manner.  She should not be shocked that folks have a hard time receiving her. She hasn't met an insult she doesn't like. When she said Trina should have fries and should add salt, those were constructive criticisms.  So say them and drop it. Continuing to go on and on, in louder and louder tones, with neck swirls and lip pops and "You're so stubborn" and etc. is just too much. She doesn't know when to stop. It is a mighty show of love that one of her sisters hasn't flown across a table and smacked her lips around to the back of her head like she was Daffy Duck. She's a ball of foolishness.

For someone who swears she's on her sisters' side and wants them to win, Tamar can have a weird way of showing it. She didn't have to say that autotune mess about Traci, whether it was true or not. Traci has the least out of all of them. She's trying to make a go of it and this is her chance. Tamar is already successful and a large part of that success is due to her husband (let's be real). Let Traci have her moment and keep your Twitter fingers silent. 

• Love 11

Maybe it's part of the dynamic of growing up in a large family--- everyone is so intent on telling their story & desperately seeking loving attention for their own pain, they seem unable to stop for a moment & focus on anybody else's pain. So everybody is left feeling unsatisfied.

Everybody can't be heard first. And nobody's heard if others don't stop to listen.

Towanda wanted the conversation to center around her divorce, even though the sisters were in the middle of a blow up fight that touched on many different issues. Then she sort of attacked Tamar for waiting a week to tell them about the miscarriage, instead of expressing sympathy that it had happened at all.

Trina takes any comments about her restaurant so personally, I wouldn't say anything to her, even if she asked. I was ready to believe her apology to Tamar was sincere, yet she seemed oddly unmoved about the miscarriage. What was that little smile to Traci? And later Traci said, "Believe me. I know." & gave Trina a look.

Traci came the closest to expressing genuine sympathy to Tamar. She moved closer & I think reached out to touch her. Yet, Traci seemed to express more sympathy for Tamar when Tamar wasn't around to hear it. In person her energy is often very aggressive towards Tamar.

Tamar really has had a rough year. The sisters (mostly Towanda) criticized her for not coming to them sooner about the miscarriage, but based on their lack of sympathy when she did come to them, I wouldn't be in a rush to reach out either.

• Love 6

They were all so nasty to her, it was kinda unbelievable.  

And Tamar was right, they always associate her being a diva/having an ego with meaning she can't get her feelings hurt.  Everyone else is allowed to "be in their feelings" and "share their truth", but whenever Tamar tries to do that, she's told it doesn't count or it doesn't matter.  I think they feel she always has her say because she's the loudest, when really, she's the loudest because she feels they never listen to her or take her feelings into consideration.  

I also think this is why Tamar took the loss of The Real so hard, because she felt she had found people who emphasized with her and listened to her and didn't make her feel bad for being herself.  I was honestly surprised that she didn't stay friends with the ladies, but she's just so damn prideful that I'm also not surprised that she cut them all off.

But I'm not sure what was going on with Trina, but she was just awful this entire episode.

• Love 10

These are grown ass women who need to stay with it and get it tf together!!! Honestly, it's embarrassing to watch, as someone who grew up with three sisters, two of which are my triplets, I cringe having to watch them argue. They are all so clearly jealous of each other, no matter how much they want to deny it- in particular they are jealous of Tamar. They don't think it is her time to come into the spotlight and shine yet because Toni got that opportunity first, her time has passed and they believe the 'fame' should be passed directly onto the next sister, hence why Traci said,'Toni ain't here so ya'll gonna listen to me'. I also don't think it was fair for Traci to calmly approach Trina and tell her off but shout like the ratchet neighbourhood crazy lady at Tamar?!

That being said Tamar's delivery is poor, I understand that she may want to be helpful but they way she articulates herself is utter trash, you can be constructive without being rude; however, Trina IS her sister and should know how she is when it comes to giving opinions so she shouldn't have got so sensitive considering she is the one who asked Tamar there in the first place....

All in all, they are painful to watch and it is quite funny to see how much they try and present themselves as a united front when they are many cracks in the foundation.

Edited by s.olk
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, s.olk said:

These are grown ass women who need to stay with it and get it tf together!!! Honestly, it's embarrassing to watch, as someone who grew up with three sisters, two of which are my triplets, I cringe having to watch them argue. They are all so clearly jealous of each other, no matter how much they want to deny it- in particular they are jealous of Tamar. They don't think it is her time to come into the spotlight and shine yet because Toni got that opportunity first, her time has passed and they believe the 'fame' should be passed directly onto the next sister, hence why Traci said,'Toni ain't here so ya'll gonna listen to me'. I also don't think it was fair for Traci to calmly approach Trina and tell her off but shout like the ratchet neighbourhood crazy lady at Tamar?!

That being said Tamar's delivery is poor, I understand that she may want to be helpful but they way she articulates herself is utter trash, you can be constructive without being rude; however, Trina IS her sister and should know how she is when it comes to giving opinions so she shouldn't have got so sensitive considering she is the one who asked Tamar there in the first place....

All in all, they are painful to watch and it is quite funny to see how much they try and present themselves as a united front when they are many cracks in the foundation.

Traci said they had to listen to her because she is the next oldest after Toni.

(edited)
9 hours ago, SistaLadybug said:

Those girls don't like Tamar for good reason and until she's willing to accept that, things will never change. We can't wait for other folks to realize their part in the bullshit - we have to change ourselves. I think the sisters are all jealous of Tamar. It's not fair. But jealousy isn't the only issue in this family. Trina was right when she said that Tamar has the nastiest energy in the world. She does and so does Vince. Trina was right about all of that. Tamar is a snot, a loudmouth, a nasty bully and a hothead who speaks before she thinks. That miscarriage reveal was a manipulation. I am heartbroken for her (I know how she feels) but that wasn't fair fighting. Her sisters had valid points and her response was, "I don't have to think about any of that because I just had a miscarriage." Girl. That is awful and so sad but 1) Trina didn't know that when y'all had the argument, and 2) that has nothing to do with the argument.

Tamar had valid points with her comments about the food - I agreed with the things she was saying. But she says things in a horrible manner.  She should not be shocked that folks have a hard time receiving her. She hasn't met an insult she doesn't like. When she said Trina should have fries and should add salt, those were constructive criticisms.  So say them and drop it. Continuing to go on and on, in louder and louder tones, with neck swirls and lip pops and "You're so stubborn" and etc. is just too much. She doesn't know when to stop. It is a mighty show of love that one of her sisters hasn't flown across a table and smacked her lips around to the back of her head like she was Daffy Duck. She's a ball of foolishness.

For someone who swears she's on her sisters' side and wants them to win, Tamar can have a weird way of showing it. She didn't have to say that autotune mess about Traci, whether it was true or not. Traci has the least out of all of them. She's trying to make a go of it and this is her chance. Tamar is already successful and a large part of that success is due to her husband (let's be real). Let Traci have her moment and keep your Twitter fingers silent. 

I agree that Tamar leaves a lot to be desired and have always and will always say so, but where is Trina's responsibility in all of this?  If Tamar is so nasty and has a nasty energy, then why ask her opinion?  More importantly, Tamar said nothing wrong.  She was asked and offered a response.  She said the chicken was too sweet and needed salt, so she put salt on it after getting clarification on why the chicken was so sweet and asking if salt was part of the flavoring process.  She did not refuse to eat the food; she didn't say the food was disgusting; she didn't spit it out or gag on it; she said it was too sweet.  Then in the nasty attack of all nasty attacks, Tamar said Trina should have fries in her restaurant, something the other sisters co-signed on and Trina's own cook said people ask for all the time; how dare she be so vicious.  If the issue is you don't like how Tamar says things, again the answer is simple and on Trina, simply don't ask her.  If the issue is you don't want the perception  of excluding her, do your tasting when Tamar is at home in California so you don't have to worry about extending the invite.  Tamar also did not attack Trina's ability to run a business.  Again, she was asked and stated without any venom that Barchicks was just getting started and opening a new restaurant before the flagship is on fully solid footing -- something the financial advisor told her.  Just because Tamar didn't tell Trina what she wanted to hear doesn't make Tamar the villain, nor does it mean that she was insulting Trina's business skills.  The fact that Tamar offered to assist with financial backing shows she wasn't anti-Trina, but rather anti-Trina starting something she might not be able to maintain financially, a move which could cost her the business she currently has.

I also don't see Tamar's miscarriage reveal was a manipulation.  She had the miscarriage a week before she went to Atlanta.  All the sisters mentioned at various points that they hadn't really connected in a while, so when was she supposed to have told them; something like this is not a thing people want to share over the telephone, or tell three separate times in three phone calls. Even if she saw them everyday, it is not unusual for people to keep a pregnancy secret until they are months in and certain the pregnancy was on solid footing. This would be especially true for someone with fertility issues.  The fact that it just happened the week before is also important to note.  Can Tamar actually deal with her loss and her pain before running to tell a group of women who clearly don't care for her as a person.  Even if she felt loved beyond love from her sisters, sometimes, the pain is too raw and too fresh to share until you can fully process.  Tamar made her reveal in the midst of being made to feel that she was less than and not someone who had actual feelings.  Her response was in defense of herself because she was once again being attacked, the tone and the comments, especially from Trina were designed to be hurtful to Tamar.  We have seen other situations where Tamar is the one being made to apologize and the response she gets be it from Trina, Traci, and Towanda is the same -- B***h face and posture that says I'm not here for it.  If Tamar comment on the reactions she get, the responses are similar to hers, questioning the sincerity of what was said and being told it is too soon for whichever sister to be out of her feelings.  Just as Trina's comments about Mommy watching Logan was not delivered in a "I'm concerned about Mommy's age and the toll watching Logan might take on her" posture, it was delivered in a why are you using Mommy when you have other resources.  While Evelyn's age might be an issue, it wasn't the true source of the jab, it was to insult Tamar.  Considering that Trina wasn't a stay at home mother, and that Gabe did a good deal of the parenting when Trina was not there, something she herself has acknowledged, that comment was hitting below the belt and designed to be just that, a nasty and unnecessary comment.

To me, as others have also posted, the reaction from the sisters when Tamar revealed the miscarriage and why she was in a bad space revealed so much.  The "So what, who cares?" looks said it all.  Compare those reactions to the reaction from Toni.  Were I Tamar, I would feel no need to rush and share my business with these women either.

The thing that I find that was glossed over is Tamar asserting that one of her sisters was telling tabloid stories about her.  I don't know if it is true, and I hope it is not true, but the fact that it was mentioned to Tamar and she could believe it speaks volumes about the relationship that exists between her and the three sisters.  Sadly, if it is true, based on what we have been seeing from Tamar's interactions with Traci, Towanda and Trina, I can speculate as to which one is behind the leaks.

Overall, I guess it is just sad that we as viewers can see all sides, even if we are not necessarily on the side of the sister perceived as being in the wrong.  But then again, we are not in the argument, and as bystanders we are in the position to have a more objective reaction to the points being made.

To end on a positive note, I hope the sisters can work through their issues.  I really like this show as someone who does not care for reality tv because it is about real sisters and their interactions and I love when the ladies are in harmony in their sisterhood as it seems to make them so happy and that happiness really shines through.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 5

^^^Well, alrighty then Happytobehere! That's what I call breaking stuff down so it will forever be broke, lol!

You also brought up two important points that we haven't discussed much yet:

2 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Just as Trina's comments about Mommy watching Logan was not delivered in a "I'm concerned about Mommy's age and the toll watching Logan might take on her" posture, it was delivered in a why are you using Mommy when you have other resources.  While Evelyn's age might be an issue, it wasn't the true source of the jab, it was to insult Tamar.  Considering that Trina wasn't a stay at home mother, and that Gabe did a good deal of the parenting when Trina was not there, something she herself has acknowledged, that comment was hitting below the belt and designed to be just that, a nasty and unnecessary comment.

The thing that I find that was glossed over is Tamar asserting that one of her sisters was telling tabloid stories about her.  I don't know if it is true, and I hope it is not true, but the fact that it was mentioned to Tamar and she could believe it speaks volumes about the relationship that exists between her and the three sisters.  Sadly, if it is true, based on what we have been seeing from Tamar's interactions with Traci, Towanda and Trina, I can speculate as to which one is behind the leaks.

Tamar said she sends the nanny along when Mommy watches Logan--- something that must occur off camera, as I've never seen a nanny. But, of course, it stands to reason Tamar would have one. So, I didn't get Trina's point about overburdening Mommy, except that she was being nasty & jealous. Also, Mommy doesn't exactly bite her tongue! If she wasn't up to watching Logan, I think she would say so. However, something Toni said in her talking head gave me pause. I need to watch the episode again, but I think Toni co-signed that the other sisters should speak to Tamar about her parenting. Did anyone else catch that?

The issue with the sisters leaking stories to the tabloids is just so low down & dirty--- I really don't want to believe it's true either. When you are family or friends of a celebrity, you have to be very tight-lipped about them. The least little thing you say to a hair stylist, or a co-worker, or a beau can find its way into the tabloids. However, that is different than talking directly to the tabloid media. I'm just speculating here & as you said, the damage was already done because Tamar believed it was true. Well, we know it's not Toni or "Secret Squirrel" Towanda. And, Tamar offered to go half on Trina's latest business venture, soo... I think Tamar suspects Traci.

11 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

^^^Well, alrighty then Happytobehere! That's what I call breaking stuff down so it will forever be broke, lol!

You also brought up two important points that we haven't discussed much yet:

Tamar said she sends the nanny along when Mommy watches Logan--- something that must occur off camera, as I've never seen a nanny. But, of course, it stands to reason Tamar would have one. So, I didn't get Trina's point about overburdening Mommy, except that she was being nasty & jealous. Also, Mommy doesn't exactly bite her tongue! If she wasn't up to watching Logan, I think she would say so. However, something Toni said in her talking head gave me pause. I need to watch the episode again, but I think Toni co-signed that the other sisters should speak to Tamar about her parenting. Did anyone else catch that?

The issue with the sisters leaking stories to the tabloids is just so low down & dirty--- I really don't want to believe it's true either. When you are family or friends of a celebrity, you have to be very tight-lipped about them. The least little thing you say to a hair stylist, or a co-worker, or a beau can find its way into the tabloids. However, that is different than talking directly to the tabloid media. I'm just speculating here & as you said, the damage was already done because Tamar believed it was true. Well, we know it's not Toni or "Secret Squirrel" Towanda. And, Tamar offered to go half on Trina's latest business venture, soo... I think Tamar suspects Traci.

Yes, I did hear Toni mention Tamar's parenting. Tamar might have a nanny but we saw her push her mother to stay with her in California when she clearly said that was not her preference. Evelyn stated several times she was ready to go back home. And again about Tamar's "opinion". Note how badly Tamar behaved when she was visiting Toni in an earlier episode. She talked about how nasty Toni's drink was, and even acted a damn fool about grapes with seeds, etc. It's good that Toni can put up with that foolishness, but it shows Tamar can't give her opinion without unnecessary insults and clowning. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I too think Trina is out as a suspect in Tamar's mind, and I'm not just saying this because she's my favorite sister and it being her would break my heart (so you know I think Trina's in the wrong if I sided with Tamar in their battle), but because of both the money offer and Trina knowing first-hand what tabloid leaks designed to embarrass you in your relationship feels like, so I don't think she'd go there.  The move also doesn't seem to fit with the Trina we have seen these many seasons. Towanda is not above doing it because I remember her comments to the media about Vince and Tamar and their finances in the past, but she actually did that in the open, so I think Tamar has nixed her based on the prior incidents. Traci's hostility and now more present need than ever for Tamar to be in the wrong suggests someone who is protesting her victimization too much, and that's usually a sign of someone who feels guilty about something.  So yeah, Traci is my pick as well.

• Love 2

Episode 19:

"Bird on The Brain"

Tamar tells her parents her secret, stunning Miss Evelyn. Later, Tamar grills Toni about her new beau; Birdman meets Daddy at a family dinner; and Tamar proposes an invitation to her sisters.

Airs April 6, 2017.

(edited)

I loved Traci telling the sisters what she appreciated about each one of them. When she's calm, Traci's words have a big impact. I think that it's important to take the time to say kind words to the people in your life. 

It was interesting that when Traci & Tamar specifically sat down to talk, Traci just wasn't in the mood to rehash old issues. I believe she wants to move on, but I also believe she's going to bring up these same unspoken issues again in the future. That's:

Sister Issue #1--- Refrain from talking about painful truths when you are calm, rested & reasonably sober. Just say you want to move on. Wait until you are emotional, tired & tipsy, then air random, old grievances a little incoherently. (More Sister Issues later. Please feel free to add to the list!)

I loved seeing Nyesha from "Top Chef," one of my other favorite reality shows. She was so very talented on the show, but seemed to have the weight of the world on her shoulders at that time. She seemed so much lighter, she looked years younger & so much more beautiful! Good for her! (Anybody on the Left Coast been to her restaurant, "Leona's"? The menu looks delicious & the reviews are quite good.)

Trina's questions for the pop-up seemed a little basic... Have a very limited menu in the heart of the ATL. Well, duh! Trina: Nyesha has experience with pop-up restaurants--- fly her out on WeTVs dime for a live consultation! At least Trina was able to listen to someone's advice.

I kee-keed at Tamar undercover talking about the sexual tension between Mommy & Braxton. Braxton's moved on, he's happy;  I wish Mommy could, too. She IS an attractive woman, I hope she can find her romantic happiness.

I was fascinated by Tamar's reveal to the parents. Now I see where the sisters got the "Well, nobody told me" of it all--- from Mommy! She's the culprit! Daddy was the one who reacted like a normal person: "Aww!" & then moved in for an embrace. It's downright tragic that Tamar can't get more sympathy & understanding from her family at this time.

Tamar & Vince's relationship continues to look so strong & intimate. They look like true friends. It's a thing of beauty to see. (Wha' had happen with all those tabloid rumors about the demise of their marriage & stuff?!?)

Birdman was made to look ridiculous. I'm no fan of his anyway, but Toni should have told him he was meeting the parents! The shirt unbuttoned down to his navel was all kinds of inappropriate, but that wasn't his fault. Toni set him up for failure. Birdman was almost mute. I thought the eye contact/non-verbal communication between the two of them was remarkable. I still don't get them as a couple---at all!--- but, I'm willing to give him another chance when he's prepared.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I loved Traci telling the sisters what she appreciated about each one of them. When she's calm, Traci's words have a big impact. I think that it's important to take the time to say kind words to the people in your life. 

It was interesting that when Traci & Tamar specifically sat down to talk, Traci just wasn't in the mood to rehash old issues. I believe she wants to move on, but I also believe she's going to bring up these same unspoken issues again in the future. That's:

Sister Issue #1--- Refrain from talking about painful truths when you are calm, rested & reasonably sober. Just say you want to move on. Wait until you are emotional, tired & tipsy, then air random, old grievances a little incoherently. (More Sister Issues later. Please feel free to add to the list!)

This KILLED me.  You've finally got Tamar calm, ready to talk (for the second time now), and when she says "tell me what I did so I can apologize", Traci just walks it back.   Girl. GIRL. GURL. GWORL.  

Tamar is never eeeever in this sort of a mood, and she's here, ready to apologize, ready to adult, and you don't even want to tell her what she did?  This was the perfect time to lay out for her what has had your feelings hurt but noooo. Gotta pretend to be over it, just to bring it up in 4 months.

• Love 5

Tamar does the same thing I do whenever I hear a song with Birdman or someone mentions his name to me: make different bird sounds!  And Toni needs to stop.  You too old to be saying "I'm on fleek" and to be the gangsta girlfriend.  She's trying too hard to be cool.  You're motherfucking Toni Braxton...no need to prove anything else.  

But Birdman did know he was coming to dinner, even if he didn't know daddy Braxton would be there, so why was his shirt unbuttoned down down to his navel?  Lol at Tracee saying he came in looking like a LeVert!

• Love 5

Birdman was looking a hot mess.  He didn't know he was meeting Daddy but he was going to be seeing everyone else.  He is too damn old to be going to dinner like that.  I could see if he and Toni were heading to the club after dinner and he unbuttoned but to walk into Mr. Chow's like that, uh no. Miss. E didn't look all that excited to see him as well. 

Agree about Traci being a very calming presence when she really speaks her truth.  I was very disappointed in Miss E's reaction to Tamar's news.  It was incredibly cold, and she didn't even bother hiding the fact and comforting her daughter.  I hated the "Nobody told me" attitude. She is telling you now in her way after she and her husband have dealt with it.

I agree with the poster who mentioned this is where the sisters learn to hold onto grudges.  Miss. E and Daddy don't need to be best friends, but her anger is still palpable and she needs to really learn how to deal and get over it. Most of all for her own good and that it doesn't affect the daughter's relationship with him or each other.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Birdman was looking a hot mess.  He didn't know he was meeting Daddy but he was going to be seeing everyone else.  He is too damn old to be going to dinner like that.  I could see if he and Toni were heading to the club after dinner and he unbuttoned but to walk into Mr. Chow's like that, uh no. Miss. E didn't look all that excited to see him as well. 

Agree about Traci being a very calming presence when she really speaks her truth.  I was very disappointed in Miss E's reaction to Tamar's news.  It was incredibly cold, and she didn't even bother hiding the fact and comforting her daughter.  I hated the "Nobody told me" attitude. She is telling you now in her way after she and her husband have dealt with it.

I agree with the poster who mentioned this is where the sisters learn to hold onto grudges.  Miss. E and Daddy don't need to be best friends, but her anger is still palpable and she needs to really learn how to deal and get over it. Most of all for her own good and that it doesn't affect the daughter's relationship with him or each other.

However, in E's defense, something I never thought I would say because, she really is the worst of all her daughters rolled into one package, if you know that she is bitter towards Braxton and chooses not to interact with him on any level, you should tell her when he is coming.  This will allow her to prepare for his presence and find a way to at least be civil to him.  She managed to swallow her bile when they met to discuss Tamar later, and that was because she was not caught off-guard.

I just can't with Toni and Birdman.  Aside from his look, which I can look beyond because the content of his character and all, but knowing the little I know about him and the Wayne situation, I can't accept him on any level and am troubled that Toni, the mother of two young boys seems to be perfectly okay with having this guy around.  I still love Toni, but I watch her with the crooked-eye whenever this aspect of her life plays out on-screen.

• Love 3

Episode 20:

"Back in the Hot Seat"

The sisters fear old wounds will be exposed on Bishop T.D. Jakes' talk show; and a last-minute performance throws them off. Later, a blended-family proposal shocks all when Daddy suggests his wife attend a family trip.

Airs April 13, 2017.

13 hours ago, Watermelon said:

Toni is such the opposite of a team player. "It's too high!!!!" So lower it, girl. They were waiting on you to start the song, they would have had to follow you. 

I'm just happy that for once Tamar wasn't the odd person out in a sister dispute. Hallelu!

• Love 5

I've only watched the last episode once so far, but the thing that's stuck with me the most was Daddy Braxton inviting his wife on the family vacation to Mexico. The way he explained it to the sisters was all very plausible & charming, but! Lawd! Whatever happened to T.D. Jakes' advice about taking his lead from the sisters?! I know one thing: they better not surprise Mommy with this lil tidbit at the last minute & Mommy should definitely bring a date. I don't know if this is just for ratings or what, but damn! Babysteps! Can Mommy & the wife meet up for brunch or something first?!?

• Love 1

When did Daddy Braxton marry his side piece? They keep calling her his new wife, but they were married 30 days after the divorce and I thought this took place a long time ago. And it was a nine year relationship during the marriage? That is deep.

• Love 1

Episode 21:

"Pop Up, Pop Off"

The sisters confront Trina after hearing concerning rumors before her Pop Up Bar Chix event. Later, Trina reveals the truth about an arrest at her home; and tempers flare in Towanda's custody battle.

Airs April 20, 2017.

This episode was a total tease. I thought we were finally going to meet Daddy's wife.

Regarding Towanda's soon-to-be ex-husband, at least he admitted he was going after full custody out of spite. I still say that man is allergic to work & is looking for a check. (Sigh. Say something nice.) Well, Towanda has said he's an excellent father & I do think he deserves some financial assistance to get himself back in the work force. What'd he say about Towanda's "alterior" motives & that he was feeling "frickled"?!? Um, yeah, it might take a while....

Traci's new business venture sounds promising. I think Ms. "Breakfast Vodka" knows all about good liquor! Whiskey's very popular right now & the history of Black cowboy's was interesting.

I'm glad Trina cancelled her pop-up if she wasn't ready to do it right. I wonder how much she spent on things that can't be used at a later date? And I wonder how much the cancellation had to do with her boyfriend getting arrested? I say "boyfriend" & not "ex-boyfriend" because if he was at her house often enough for the Feds to track him there they were still together! 

• Love 3

Full custody means the children would live with him and Towanda would get visitation? From what they've shown from previous seasons Towanda was the working "absentee" parent due to traveling so I'm not sure why this is a shocking development.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, charming said:

Full custody means the children would live with him and Towanda would get visitation? From what they've shown from previous seasons Towanda was the working "absentee" parent due to traveling so I'm not sure why this is a shocking development.

People on twitter are HATING on Andre but the fact is, he's been a Stay At Home Dad since at least season 1. Plenty of stay at home moms would want, and get, full custody.

• Love 6

I always feel like this show has soap opera timing.  I can miss watching it for what seems like a really long time but whenever I catch back up the last  episode will be right where I left off months before lol.

On 4/14/2017 at 1:07 AM, Watermelon said:

Toni is such the opposite of a team player. "It's too high!!!!" So lower it, girl. They were waiting on you to start the song, they would have had to follow you. 

Were you looking at her crazy too?  I was like girl didn't you just finish rearranging the song for your key?  Didn't Tamar just finish saying if it's too high, that means you lead, we'll back you up?  She changed her mind back and didn't tell them.  C'mon now #livinglegend wth?

On 4/15/2017 at 6:09 AM, NowVoyager said:

I've only watched the last episode once so far, but the thing that's stuck with me the most was Daddy Braxton inviting his wife on the family vacation to Mexico. The way he explained it to the sisters was all very plausible & charming, but! Lawd! Whatever happened to T.D. Jakes' advice about taking his lead from the sisters?! I know one thing: they better not surprise Mommy with this lil tidbit at the last minute & Mommy should definitely bring a date. I don't know if this is just for ratings or what, but damn! Babysteps! Can Mommy & the wife meet up for brunch or something first?!?

lol!  They bet not.   I'm still a little hazy on why use the term blended family if you're opposed to blending.  I think their perspective is perfectly understandable, but completely unrealistic.   No matter how they may feel about Wanda and the entire way the process unfolded, expecting your father to come on a vacation, that specifically excludes his wife is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.   And I fully understand that she's not only not their family and they view her as being responsible for the fracture in their relationship, but bottom line, she's Braxton's family and that's the way he wanted it, whether they like it or not.   Vacation should absolutely not be the first time she and Evelyn come face to face but the idea that they will all heal this thing that includes and according to them, is because of, Wanda, while excluding her, is ridiculous.   Understandable but ridiculous.  

On 4/17/2017 at 1:03 AM, Iguessnot said:

When did Daddy Braxton marry his side piece? They keep calling her his new wife, but they were married 30 days after the divorce and I thought this took place a long time ago. And it was a nine year relationship during the marriage? That is deep.

Vince and Tamar were on Wendy Williams not too long ago.  Wendy asked her about it and Tamar said she's known Wanda since she was a teenager.  It is deep and sad and disrespectful and you can't help but feel for Miss Evelyn.  But the truth is, by Tamar's own timeline, it seems like they've been together for at least 20 years, she ain't new, it's still fresh to them because they're stuck at the moment of impact, I think that's why they automatically all sound about 14 years old when they start talking about it.  They won't process it, look at it as a re-betrayal of their mother to accept her and nobody is willing to tell Braxton how they really feel about the shit.  It drives me crazy.   From a different more objective perspective, at the end of the day Braxton was a man willing to cheat on his wife and abandon his family, Wanda is not their problem.  On gp I'mma be real pissed if some this responsibility doesn't start being assigned to Daddy.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

People on twitter are HATING on Andre but the fact is, he's been a Stay At Home Dad since at least season 1. Plenty of stay at home moms would want, and get, full custody.

Fair is fair.  I wouldn't have a problem with it, except that my impression is he doesn't want full custody so much as not want her to have it.   I'm sure I wouldn't be studying it if he hadnt've admitted that he was petty lol.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, charming said:

16 hours ago, Watermelon said:

16 hours ago, charming said:

I think people need to stop with the knee jerk reaction that Mom's are automatically better. However Andre still needs to get a job since the kids are in school.

16 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Fair is fair.  I wouldn't have a problem with it, except that my impression is he doesn't want full custody so much as not want her to have it.   I'm sure I wouldn't be studying it if he hadnt've admitted that he was petty lol.

PLEASE don't let me derail the thread! Not all by my lonesome, lol!

I'm middle-aged & childless myself. But! My understanding of full custody for the father is that it only happens when the mother is, like, abusive, a drug addict, or derelict in the most basic of parental duties. 

I respect your opinions. And I'm interested in what you all have to say but, I'm not sure how my opinion can be changed without veering way off topic.....

Maybe we should just agree to disagree about this issue & talk some more about other juicy issues that came up during the show?

On 4/21/2017 at 0:39 AM, NowVoyager said:

What'd he say about Towanda's "alterior" motives & that he was feeling "frickled"?!? Um, yeah, it might take a while....

No wonder he never made it as an author.  

What about the news in regards to Black Nasty?  Po-Po came round Trina's house to get him?  How many stops did they have to make before they realized that's where he was?  What did he do?  How did Towanda know he was into some shit?  And why she ain't say nothing to none of the other sisters?  And why is Trina so damn salty all the damn time?  And why was Tamar at the salon when she's had those yarn dreads in for the past 10 months? So many questions.......

Also, I really miss Pop-Star Trina.  She was fun.

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:07 AM, Watermelon said:

I agree with the sentiment that women do it all the time and in many cases it is even justified.  I think with Andre, myself and some others are picking up on the fact that he is doing it out of spite (which he confirmed) and not necessarily because he thinks that is what is best for the kids.  I also suspect that Andre knows or has been told that he will receive more in child support with full custody than the amount he would get with 50/50.  Also Andre's tactics with asking for all the property that they own together, which is completely ridiculous.

I thought Towanda was being very fair when she first said that they should do 50/50 and that he could have 2 of the 3 properties.  One of which is a rental that they make money off of.  Now that doesn't include any child support Andre would get or possible alimony.  In my estimation that was a very fair settlement.

So Andre should take 50/50 custody, get whatever child support he is entitled to because Towanda is the breadwinner, and take 2 of the 3 properties.  One of which they rent out for additional income, which would now be Andre's income.

It just seems to me that Andre is upset that Towanda has upset their "arrangement", where they live as married roommates.

• Love 3
On 4/21/2017 at 10:26 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

I think it's 80% that, 20% Andre wants to never have a job. He gotta get that child support up. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

What about the news in regards to Black Nasty?  Po-Po came round Trina's house to get him?  How many stops did they have to make before they realized that's where he was?  What did he do?  How did Towanda know he was into some shit?  And why she ain't say nothing to none of the other sisters?  And why is Trina so damn salty all the damn time?  And why was Tamar at the salon when she's had those yarn dreads in for the past 10 months? So many questions.......

Also, I really miss Pop-Star Trina.  She was fun.

(*Trina voice*) Yaaa-zuh!

This season has been sorely lacking in featuring Trina. Girl has a LOT going on! I think girlfriend is salty because she is stressed beyond capacity dealing with her restaurant. (Glancing at the reviews online, things are good but she may have some staffing issues. Has anyone been?) She at least found time for some personal care-taking, with the breast implant upgrade. Lol, at her trying to get Toni to cop a feel or snuggle her new bosom. And whycome the one Black man she's been with since---pffft! Never!---gotta be hemmed up with the Law? What did Towanda know? Secret squirrel can be too hardcore sometimes....

• Love 2

Episode 22:

"Opposing Counsel"

Tamar's new single sparks drama when Evelyn is shocked to find out it's written about her divorce. Later, the gloves come off in Towanda's custody battle; and Traci does a photoshoot for her whiskey line.

Airs April 27, 2017.

I haven't watched this in a couple of years, but I tuned in tonight. I could barely concentrate on Towanda's divorce drama because I kept wondering who does their makeup. Mama Braxton's face looked about to crack under the pressure of all that Crayola Banana Mania (#FBE7B2).

They are not unattractive women, but I'm gonna need them to learn one word and learn it well: BLEND.

• Love 5

The studio session was very good for revealing more about the parents' situation. It further highlighted the stupidity of these family vacations. Does their brother ever attend? Obviously this is all contrived for the show, but they appear so selfish to demand family vacations with unfriendly divorced parents, while brother is out of sight, out of mind.

It's funny how everyone keeps mentioning Tamar's relationship. Even her parents said they didn't understand their IVF attempt because they saw no intimacy in the marriage. I've never enjoyed Tamar and Vince together, but all their scenes this season are so ominous. There was one scene earlier this season that I would have sworn that Tamar and Vince weren't in the same room. It was jarring how Vince was filmed standing up seemingly talking to Tamar sitting on the couch. Tamar was filmed sitting on the couch, seemingly talking to a standing Vince. The whole scene went back and forth like this until the end when the camera pulls back and a still standing Vince is talking to a sitting Tamar. However we can't see her face and I got really suspicious. She finally stands up and she turns around enough for her face to be seen, but they've never shot any scenes this strangely and I wonder what's going on. In tonight's episode, Vince couldn't even look Tamar in the eye during their stunted conversation about Evelyn.

Last season ended with Tamar stomping out of the kitchen, Evelyn mad, etc. I guess that's not going to be address anymore.

I have to wait and see about Towanda. She's been over Andre for a long while, but watching them in the therapy made me think of her acting pursuits last season. I see Andre's point about custody, but that "same bed no sex" t-shirt he wore to the lawyer's office made me question if they are both playing up the situation for the show.

• Love 4

I'm confused by Traci's photoshoot. Plane tickets to Arizona, trailers, a beautifully groomed horse & extras cost money. But, Traci's wardobe options & her recycled braids say low budget. I guess I'll have to wait & see the pictures.

Um. I thought both Andre & Towanda's faces looked mighty dry during their respective "crying" scenes.

Trina had an excellent point about the sisters wanting to know all of her business, but not wanting to reveal their own. Still, Trina seems extremely sensitive to criticism from her sisters & sometimes perceives it when it doesn't really exist.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 4

"I just want my kids! I just care about my kids!"

Andre sure is doing the most to get a child support check.

Towanda, girl, take that L and pay the man. You'll probably make more in a couple of years than he'll likely see in life. Go on and wash that man right outta of your weave.

• Love 4

Evelyn made it clear that he does not want the interaction with their father and his wife and that should be the end of it.  Braxton has clearly and repeatedly chosen his wife over his children and that will not change.  Based on the described state of the sisters' relationships or lack thereof with their father, I seriously question if he would be interacting with them now, were it not for the spotlight he gets from being on the show.

I said it previously and I'll say it again now.  Part of the other sisters fractured relationship with Traci is rooted in their feeling that she sided with the father when the parents split.  Her reaction to and denial of Evelyn's comments about his multiple affairs reinforces this.

• Love 5

Episode 23:

"Donde Esta Daddy?"

The Braxtons arrive in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for their family trip without Daddy; while the sisters are having fun; surprise guests threaten to ruin the vacation.

Airs May 4, 2017.

Not a bad episode I guess. The sisters acknowledge their brother. Although in all the brouhaha about a "family" trip, his only purpose is to call their dad.

Vince is going to show up. Because Tamar is supposedly different,

Andre is fighting for full custody because Towanda is never there. Of course she's on this 5 days + vacation with her sisters. Again.

I get the big deal with Vince being on the trip, because the sisters always need something to pick on Tamar about, but I really don't get why they are so upset.  Vince has NO family at all.  Of course he's gonna want to spend his birthday with his wife.  I think if she does something with him and Logan on his birthday but is still able to do all the family planned outings, it shouldn't be a problem.

The Richard Burton/Liz Taylor house with the bridge was so crazy, and so old Hollywood.  LOL at Tamar saying that wouldn't work for her because she's Czech and would be checking everythang!  It's interesting to hear what they've been taught by their mother about men and cheating and relationships, because it provides a lot of context for the dysfunctions in all of the sisters' relationships.

• Love 6

It's hard for me to gauge what Evelyn told them about men growing up. Granted I haven't studied their backstory. But from what I gathered, dad was a preacher and the kids were raised in a strict religious household. Taking that at face value, having your supposedly religious husband carry on the way daddy Braxton did, is enough to account for Evelyn's bitterness even without having a prior negative attitude about men. I don't know what to say about the sisters. Were they raised to be this rachet?

I don't believe for one minute that Vincent is boo hooing about not being with Tamar on his birthday.  This is Tamar's issue. Maybe she doesn't trust being away from Vincent too long so she makes it about the birthday. 

• Love 1

I can easily imagine Vince giving Tamar a guilt trip about missing his birthday, even if he doesn't actually care if she misses it or not. I remember his shitty attitude on Tamar and Vince.

• Love 3

But that's a control issue, not the lovey dovey thing Tamar is trying to portray. Who's the puppet master of this velcro, I don't know, but it's uncomfortable to watch.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Watermelon said:

I can easily imagine Vince giving Tamar a guilt trip about missing his birthday, even if he doesn't actually care if she misses it or not. I remember his shitty attitude on Tamar and Vince.

Like the time he admitted to resenting Tamar for not staying at the hospital 24/7 after he came out of his coma. She'd explained many times that she wanted to remain by his side all day, every day (and had been when he was in the coma), but doctors advised her to go home and get some rest. That was crappy of him, to say the least.

• Love 3