Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Save the drama for your mama ... and sisters.

On a related note: I'm glad that Tamar went back to the table and defended herself regarding the "Toni paved the way" argument. As loud as she is, Tamar isn't great at articulating herself or defending her position. Some truth needs to be told. Being Toni Braxton's sister didn't help Tamar for 20 years. Toni shared a lot of her career in the 90's with her sisters, but all of that sharing did very little for Tamar other than introduce her to someone (Vince) who would invest in her career 10 years later.

Moreover, Tamar made it big while Toni is in a downturn in her career, so it wasn't the Braxton name or Toni's influence that produced Tamar's success. Toni is in the "Dancing with the Stars" phase of her career. It may be Toni's name that greenlighted BFV, but Tamar put it together and she has been the driving personality that kept people interested. Toni tried for a reality show type documentary back in 2003, but it didn't produce an uptick in record sales or pop culture interest in Toni (it's on YouTube and it's worth a look). So, Toni's name is responsible for the pilot being funded, but Tamar is responsible for BFV going strong for 4 seasons.  If Wikipedia is to be believed, Toni hasn't had a hit single since He Wasn't Man Enough in 2000. To be honest, Tamar made Toni relevant again because nobody was checking for Toni Braxton. That hurts to say because I'm a Toni fan, but Toni, Trina, and Towanda need to pump their brakes on those "Toni made you" flavor of comments to Tamar.

Thank you, when the show first started Toni's downturn was evident, she did not have a record deal and was completing her album independently.  I think that is where all of the jealously and resentment from ALL the sister's stem from.  Yes it was Toni who got the show green-lite, but it was obvious after the first season that Tamar was the star of the show and the reason people were tuning in.  Toni even talked about retirement (which I never believed was true) she had recently filed for bankruptcy a 2nd time so retirement was not an option.  Some would say the reason Toni was able to get a Babyface to work with her on this album and a new record deal with Motown, was because of the public's renewed interest in her which was because of BFV.  So in my opinion Toni owes Tamar  for the fans renewed interest in her, Traci owes Tamar for her dream of finally getting a record deal and her career off the ground and Trina owes Tamar for Bar Chics.  Towanda owes Tamar the most, without this show she her husband and two kids would still be house hopping with no place to call their own.There has been no question that Tamar has been the break out star of BFV so ganging up on her and treating her like a pariah is not a smart move.  I'm not saying Tamar does not have her faults, but I'm not buying the whole story the sister's are selling.  

Edited by Easyspreestep
  • Love 5

I'm not sure how I would describe Toni's actions/feelings toward Tamar right now. Part of me thinks there's a bit of Tamar being on Team Too Much and they've simply had enough. There's no denying the double standard applied to her, cuz as loud as Tamar is, she's nowhere near as ridiculous in behavior as Traci and has never acted out with both parents and another sister the way Traci did without even a sentence of condemnation from the sisters. The other thing is that Tamar is the only one of her sisters to help out with taking care of Miss E. It's unclear if Michael does or not, but he seems reasonable (at least by staying away for most of the foolishness, lol), so maybe he does too. Why would Toni shade the one person trying to help ease the financial burden on her? Why would Toni shade the one person who has come up with a vehicle to get the other sisters some paychecks so they can stop digging in her pockets? It makes no real sense.

However, I'm curious. Tamar appears to be a good songwriter. Has she ever written anything for Toni? Maybe what we're seeing is not jealousy but anger at the inability to use this to her advantage. Tamar has used BFV to maximum capacity in terms of her career and empire building. Toni hasn't. She's done well, i.e. the well reviewed duet album and the book promo, but it hasn't really resulted in major gigs/bookings that I can see at this point. Toni was only willing to talk about singing with her sisters after Tamar's career blew up. It was only when she saw Tamar at her showcase the first season of T&V that she would even discuss maybe doing a duet. Before that she was hardcore in her refusal to do anything musically with her sisters.

I've always thought that Love & War sounded like the type of power ballad that Toni could have sung (maybe not the power notes as Tamar's range is better) and wonder if she was mad that Vince never appeared to go this hard for her career and was unable or unwilling to bring these same gifted songwriters/producers to work on her projects when he was managing her. Maybe this isn't jealousy but resentment at the way this has turned out. I mean, when was the last time Toni had to play second fiddle to any of her sister's career? I'm sure she didn't expect for Tamar to be the breakout of the show, or have her career succeed the way it did this time, and she was singing songs that Toni could have recorded too? With the same management team that couldn't get Toni anything going? Vince wouldnt' sign her to his label either? I think this is Toni facing something totally new for her - in terms of not being the only star in the family in the music industry (cuz I doubt she cares if they're reality stars, lol) - and not dealing with it very well. It would explain why she's gone from neutral in the sister fights to clearly Team Anyone But Tamar.

• Love 1

I'm not sure how I would describe Toni's actions/feelings toward Tamar right now. Part of me thinks there's a bit of Tamar being on Team Too Much and they've simply had enough.

I don't know about that. "Team Too Much" is an easy refrain for the sisters to tout when piling against Tamar, but I don't think it holds water when it comes to Tamar's interactions with Toni. Tamar has been Team Too Much toward Towanda and Traci in seasons 1 and 2, but Tamar has never been Team Too Much toward Toni. No one, including Tamar, has ever said a bad word about or to Toni - and there's a lot of material to use if Tamar ever wanted to shade Toni, but she hasn't. In fact, I noticed that Tamar would change her tone and volume when talking to Toni. Tamar talks to Toni like Tamar talks to Evelyn - with respect. I don't know that Toni has a leg to stand on with that one.

Toni was only willing to talk about singing with her sisters after Tamar's career blew up. It was only when she saw Tamar at her showcase the first season of T&V that she would even discuss maybe doing a duet. Before that she was hardcore in her refusal to do anything musically with her sisters.

Damn, there's some hard truth that I hadn't thought of. But not only that, Toni also didn't start talking about a family album until everyone had made serious moves with their solo stuff. When no one had anything going on and everyone was begging Toni to join the family album, Toni couldn't be bothered. Toni didn't even want her sisters as background singers, saying that she wanted her career to herself. Now that everyone is starting to stand on their own and not look to Toni for their careers, Toni then wanted to pull everyone back in with this family album idea. I remember how exasperated Traci said she felt in a TH for being pulled along like this after finally getting her solo stuff going. 

Vince wouldnt' sign her to his label either?

Wait, what? Did Toni ask to be signed to Streamline Records and Vince refused? I never heard that. Interesting - and the plot thickens! 

Edited by WimminWinning
  • Love 1

I don't know about that. "Team Too Much" is an easy refrain for the sisters to tout when piling against Tamar, but I don't think it holds water when it comes to Tamar's interactions with Toni. Tamar has been Team Too Much toward Towanda and Traci in seasons 1 and 2, but Tamar has never been Team Too Much toward Toni. No one, including Tamar, has ever said a bad word about or to Toni - and there's a lot of material to use if Tamar ever wanted to shade Toni, but she hasn't. In fact, I noticed that Tamar would change her tone and volume when talking to Toni. Tamar talks to Toni like Tamar talks to Evelyn - with respect. I don't know that Toni has a leg to stand on with that one.

Damn, there's some hard truth that I hadn't thought of. But not only that, Toni also didn't start talking about a family album until everyone had made serious moves with their solo stuff. When no one had anything going on and everyone was begging Toni to join the family album, Toni couldn't be bothered. Toni didn't even want her sisters as background singers, saying that she wanted her career to herself. Now that everyone is starting to stand on their own and not look to Toni for their careers, Toni then wanted to pull everyone back in with this family album idea. I remember how exasperated Traci said she felt in a TH for being pulled along like this after finally getting her solo stuff going. 

Wait, what? Did Toni ask to be signed to Streamline Records and Vince refused? I never heard that. Interesting - and the plot thickens! 

I don't mean that Tamar is to blame, but to acknowledge that Tamar can be a bit extra. Even with that, I do think there is a double standard in how she's treated versus how she acts compared to her sisters. But I was trying to be fair and balanced. LOL.

I don't know if Toni wanted to be signed to Vince's label, but as I recall when the show started ,Toni was without a label and released her I Love You song independently. Seems weird that Vince has a label and the required relationships to launch an act, but Toni is label-free while he was managing her. So I was just thinking that may be another reason Toni's view and actions towards Tamar and Vince has changed. Because she never cared if Tamar was spending time with her husband before or that Tamar didn't know anything about the business before.

It just seems to me that Toni wasn't prepared for Tamar's career blowing up and her not being the only music star n the family. She's used to being the one that her sisters go to about music, i.e. Traci played her song for Toni first ,Trina showed the video to Toni and asked for her input/view, etc. Tamar,  however, has absolutely not deferred to Toni about her music, her videos or her career steps. She's deferring to Vince and her own instincts. Not that I blame her for that, Vince knows what he's doing and her instincts seem to be right about building her brand and protecting her coin. LOL.  And what we see is that Toni isn't showing up for Tamar like she is for the others. Toni isn't showing up for shows or video shoots like she did for Trina and Traci. Tamar was asking all her sisters to come to her shows last season, and only Trina went on the road with her for a few days. We've since learned that Trina has been to a few shows. Towanda took a pass on showing up to support Tamar until she could jump on stage and change her dancers choreography to Tamar's favorite song. As far as we can tell, Toni showed up to her showcase in season 1 T&V, but hasn't been to anything else (except the Soul Train Awards where she was seated separately from her family). Yes she was excited for her sister to win a soul train award, and loaned her a purse for the grammy's but she tends not to show up for Tamar. And it doesn't make sense if she's going to show up for the others musical pursuits.

Just thinking out load about Toni and her change towards Tamar in the past 2 seasons. 

• Love 2

I don't know that Vince always had the record label. 

Tamar got signed to her husband, then he moved his deal from one big record company to another one, which delayed Tamar's CD? or Single?

Either way, they all talk about Vince being Toni's manager for a matter of months, not years, so I doubt his not signing her to his label was a major issue for her.

I've tried to watch this show on and off since it began, but I can't take more than 15 minutes of Tamar's over the top carrying on over everything. The third person references to herself and the lip smacking and twitching. I cannot take. Any valid points she makes, and she has a lot of very valid arguments, are lost because her delivery is so distracting. And it isn't just her sisters, Vince gets irritated with her too. She knows damn well when he's pissed and why but continues to play the " But what did I do" " What did I do"? card to make everyone feel sorry for her. Traci is nearly as bad with the theatrics but Tamar... she not only sound ridiculous, but she ends up looking ridiculous.

And it would be great if Vince wasn't always threatening to embarass her in camera. Vince can be a major jerk who doesn't always treat his wife kindly. He could have easily said "Tamar don't put our business in the street" but he goes just as over-the-top.com as Tamar does just in a quieter manner.

• Love 2

True, Vince has a real nasty way of talking to Tamar. But after all this time I cannot get a handle on this relationship past gold digger and for Tamar's sake I don't want to call her one. She's obsessed with her image and fake blond wigs, calls her sisters teletubbies yet Vince's fat is rolling around his hips like a hula hoop. Out of all the sisters, she's the only one I feel takes being a wife seriously, yet her loud bratty entitled behavior doesn't fit picking a less that "visually perfect" partner. Or is she just that hardcore? 

I wouldn't call Tamar a golddigger. REAL golddiggers pop a baby out quick as can be maybe 2. They're also happy to have their own money but wouldn't work half as hard as Tamar does.

I really don't get Tamar and Vince either.  There are some moments it's like you can see how they like each other and are amused by each other but they are SOOOO few and far between.  I wish I could have seen them before season 1 BFV. Did they always argue or is her fame exacerbating things or is he having a midlife crisis.  

However, I stand by Tamar's right to mock Vince and his talking around the reason why he didn't like that dancer feeling on his wife.  It, more than most sounds like a real conversation and it's also hilarious because they all know that dancer is gay.  He didn't care nothing bout Tamar's godly goods.

• Love 2

Vince has the occupation she wanted to dig more than the money but that was the cherry on top. (She was with him before Gaga right?) She loves him on those 2 conditions. That don't make her a real gold digger though because she does enjoy his company just like people are attracted to their partners physically but may not like other things about them (e.g., a bf whose bed game is insane but temper is, too.) It's a trade off and she found the ones she prioritizes most in a person: music business connections and steady income which turned into major income after they already were solid.

Edited by anonymiss

I think Tamar and Vince are a perfect match.  They both got what they wanted.  She got a man who is powerful in the music industry and so can keep her in a lavish lifestyle and give her the opportunity to have the musical career of which she's always dreamed.  He got a beautiful and seemingly devoted wife - a woman who, looks-wise, would be out of his league if he wasn't rich and well-connected.  They are willing to put up with one another's foibles in order to keep the partner who can offer them the things they so want.  It's what we all do, really.  We can call Tamar a golddigger if we want, but each relationship comes with trade-offs.  She's having to earn every penny he's doling out (I can't even imagine Vince just a pumpin' and a sweatin') and he's having to deal with her mouth in order to have a trophy on his arm.  Good enough for them both.

Edited by SistaLadybug
  • Love 4

Isn't the story that Tamar rejected Vince when Toni set them up, and they became friends first before they dated for several years and then got married.  Marrying someone who doesn't match you in looks doesn't make Tamar a gold digger, especially considering Vince has made most of his money after he was with Tamar.  How could Tamar be a gold digger if Vince didn't have much gold at the time?

Sounds to me like they were evenly matched when they got together.  He was an up and coming music manager and she was Toni Braxton's little sister.  Tamar is a lot of things but she has never struck me as a gold digger. 

But I just can't see the friendship between these two and I can't see whatever led them to marriage that wasn't a business deal. For example people often joke that Hugh Jackman's wife looks like his mother. However the few times I've seen him, outside of movies, he appears to be a real decent man and I don't doubt their relationship. Now if Kanye West hooked up with a woman that looked like Vince I would side eye that relationship too given his egotistical persona.

I can see how their friendship developed. I watched Toni's 2003 documentary and Tamar was Toni's BFF - traveling with Toni, being with Toni during her pregnancy, emotionally supporting Toni as she split from Arista, throwing Toni baby showers and birthday parties, etc. Tamar was spending a lot of time with Toni during that time and Vince had to have been around Toni was well given that he was her manager - which meant that Tamar and Vince spent a great deal of time together. I think they are friends - and I'm sure that Vince's career and Tamar's looks were taken into consideration as well when they chose each other. Vanity, career aspirations, friendship, materialism, superficiality, and love all went into this union coming together. Hardly ever do people choose a mate because of just one thing.

• Love 1

I can see how their friendship developed. I watched Toni's 2003 documentary and Tamar was Toni's BFF - traveling with Toni, being with Toni during her pregnancy, emotionally supporting Toni as she split from Arista, throwing Toni baby showers and birthday parties, etc. Tamar was spending a lot of time with Toni during that time and Vince had to have been around Toni was well given that he was her manager - which meant that Tamar and Vince spent a great deal of time together. I think they are friends - and I'm sure that Vince's career and Tamar's looks were taken into consideration as well when they chose each other. Vanity, career aspirations, friendship, materialism, superficiality, and love all went into this union coming together. Hardly ever do people choose a mate because of just one thing.

Amen, I think people throw around the term "gold digger" whenever they can't seem to understand someone's relationship.  Vince may have been up and coming but he certainly wasn't rich when they started out.  If Tamar was a real gold digger I am quite sure that she has come across a lot more men with more money than Vince may have had at the time to even give Vince the time of day. 

Dating and marrying someone who may have the potential to earn a lot of money in the future does not a gold digger make. 

• Love 2

Tamar was discussing Vince's reaction to her sexy bit in the show. He overheard her and she knew it. He's told her repeatedly that she talks outside their relationship too much. He's not only her husband he's the boss to most of these people. IMO he feels, rightly or wrongly, that there's a line between employer/employee and Tamar is talking out of turn to the help. In the studio Vince isn't her husband, he's the boss.

Your manager in this case isn't your boss though. If Tamar wants to ki ki with her makeup artist and hairdresser that is absolutely her right.  

Vince certainly has talked his shit around the help and his friend LaShawn.  He likes to do whatever he wants and then complain about Tamar's mouth like he isn't slick as hen piss too.

He's just as shady, and his comes from hurtful place IMO.  He'll get over it.

• Love 2

Sucks they are bringing back LaShawn's homophobia storyline.  I do not want to see that but it's a very real thing so I guess they can't avoid it. Not fun to watch, though, and the music they play doesn't keep it light, either. That fight previewed for next week looks just like the last time this group vacationed together in Hawaii and Vince stormed off leaving Tamar sobbing. 

Am I hallucinating?!? I swear I saw an ad for a new season starting Thursday, but when I look around online, I'm not seeing anything. Hm... The commercial featured a clip of Tamar's "this is my last scene & season" moment. I was so excited, I did the Tamar teeheehee laugh. Don't play with my emotions, people!

Am I hallucinating?!? I swear I saw an ad for a new season starting Thursday, but when I look around online, I'm not seeing anything. Hm... The commercial featured a clip of Tamar's "this is my last scene & season" moment. I was so excited, I did the Tamar teeheehee laugh. Don't play with my emotions, people!

That's the ad for last season. Tamar was upset because of Traci and none of the sisters sticking up for her when she said that Traci bucks up on her all the time.

That's the ad for last season. Tamar was upset because of Traci and none of the sisters sticking up for her when she said that Traci bucks up on her all the time.

Dang it!

Thanks for the reply, Watermelon. Any idea when/if there's a new season? And if Tamar's coming back? It seems like a lot on her plate with her talk show. She's a mess sometimes, but the show wouldn't be the same without her. Oh, and I wonder if Toni's coming back? Aw man, I told myself not to get too hype yet----too late!

• Love 1

I'm watching what must be an old episode right now.  The Tamar gets them together after her show episode.  I'm studying Evelyn's face HARD.  I need confirmation, is this makeup, surgery, tightening, a peel, somebody say something, this lady is 70ish and the skin under eyes is.....I'm speechless mama's face is snatched! what's up?

• Love 3
(edited)

I am only here to say that if this season does not culminate with at least a new jingle from the sisters, then...(cues in dramatically tearful Tamar voice)...this'll be my last scene and season of Braxton Family Values.

*muffled scream*

But seriously though, I've really begun to hate all these different reality shows that feature musical artists...not performing any music.  WTF?  That was the biggest part of the Braxton sisters appeal for me, and these heifers are not delivering!  Hmph.

Edited by Ceruleana

I'm watching what must be an old episode right now.  The Tamar gets them together after her show episode.  I'm studying Evelyn's face HARD.  I need confirmation, is this makeup, surgery, tightening, a peel, somebody say something, this lady is 70ish and the skin under eyes is.....I'm speechless mama's face is snatched! what's up?

I think it was season 1 where Tamar was extolling the virtues of tanning and plastic surgery (now she has amnesia, but I digress), and she kept urging Mama E to get some Botox.  I think we actually saw her in the doctor's chair in season 2 or 3.  I personally thought she looked relatively good and didn't need any work done.  I thought a really good chemical peel and masterful makeup application would have worked just as well.

On the flipside, that was the BHD (before HD) era for me, so Mama E could have had all kinds of cracks and pebbles and I wouldn't have been able to tell.

• Love 1

Vince certainly has talked his shit around the help and his friend LaShawn.  He likes to do whatever he wants and then complain about Tamar's mouth like he isn't slick as hen piss too.

and now I need to find an excuse to incorporate this phrase into my next 5 conversations.  LMAO!!!

This fool just said God done healed you today.....to make me and Logan some biscuits.   Titters.  

• Love 5

Interesting season opener.

Sorry about Trina and Gabe's breakup--this looks more genuine than the other times when she announced she was leaving him.  I'm sorry that I had to LOL at her saying, "He built my brand?!"  Uh, I believe it was out of your mouth, Trina, when you said that it was Gabe that bankrolled your solo music (or at least that "Party or Go Home" video) AND was an investor in Bar Chicks.  I don't mind marriage at all, but I am leery of getting assets so deeply intertwined...so I guess I'm leery of marriage since there's lots of intertwining going in that type of relationship.

Somebody please tell Towanda that that long, black wavy wig with the center part and perfect cat-eye liner is EVERYTHING.  She has such distinct features so she really needs to keep it simple with hair and makeup.  Definitely had to SMH at her shoving her booty in Tamar's face, tho.  Yes Towanda, you have ass.  We get it.

DEAD to the BED!!! at Traci's radio co-host straight up asking her about the sisters and their fake noses!  LMAO!  How and why did he feel the need to do her like that?!  That wasn't even shade, that was a blackout, Sweet Gawd.  Anyway, not here for Traci's hair at all, or her lisping "Yaaasss honey!" every five minutes.  Is she wearing Invisalign or something?  Also tired of her trying to be Tamar-lite in her THs. 

Am I the only one who didn't think Toni's "Trina believes in magic" comment was shady?  I hate how every single off-the-cuff comment or remark has to get a , "YOU TRIED IT!" response out of Tamar.  Like, come on with all that.  I felt Toni meant that Trina was essentially trying to be optimistic and kept trying to "make fetch happen" in terms of her relationship with Gabe.

Nice to see the sisters laughing and having a good time, that's what I'm here for.  I mean if these fools aren't gonna sing, at least be fun and playful, damn it.

• Love 3

I liked this episode so much I watched it twice. (Well, actually I always watch them multiple times because there are so many subtleties to observe between the sisters.) The second time I gave myself a long overdue mani-pedi. Looking at the sisters' beautifully manicured hands, plus their hair, makeup & outfits made me want to up my game. And, yes Mama Braxton is looking gorgeous! If she had work done---it's fabulous & I'm not mad at her. Also, when you consider the poor woman is in serious pain & is still snatched---Evelyn, you go, girl! Even her neck brace was stylish.

I enjoyed Traci's storyline. A better job & a new house--good for her! Although moving just 10 minutes up the road may not give her much more privacy, unless it's a gated community. Her relationship with her husband seems back on track & her pre-empty nest feelings about her son were hilarious & honest. I think she's about to become a grandmother. :/

Poor Trina looks absolutely exhausted, but hey that's allowed when you're going through a divorce---like, for real this time. I was happy she's keeping busy & working, but I'm not loving the restaurant idea. They require a huge initial cash flow before they start to make money (maybe) & divorces are a tremendous financial drain as well. It might be too much all at once. That shifty-eyed Gabe. Lawdhavemercy, what did he do, ya'll?! Any theories or spoilers? The way that Trina didn't want to talk about it----it sounds really bad! I loved Evelyn's words encouraging her daughter to be strong. One thing I will say about Trina's stalling, at least she gave the marriage her all; she really tried to make it work. I hope that will give her some peace of mind when this is all finally over. I also admire her haircut; I like the way it looks different depending on whether she parts it on the left or the right.

The sisters just crack me up sometimes. Like when neither Trina nor Towanda wanted to touch the doorknob...Tamar comparing Gabe & Trina's relationship to herpes...Toni patiently trying to explain to Tamar that "jugular" doesn't mean "balls" & Tamar remaining unconvinced, lol!

• Love 2

Poor Trina looks absolutely exhausted, but hey that's allowed when you're going through a divorce---like, for real this time. I was happy she's keeping busy & working, but I'm not loving the restaurant idea. They require a huge initial cash flow before they start to make money (maybe) & divorces are a tremendous financial drain as well. It might be too much all at once. That shifty-eyed Gabe. Lawdhavemercy, what did he do, ya'll?! Any theories or spoilers? The way that Trina didn't want to talk about it----it sounds really bad! I loved Evelyn's words encouraging her daughter to be strong. One thing I will say about Trina's stalling, at least she gave the marriage her all; she really tried to make it work. I hope that will give her some peace of mind when this is all finally over. I also admire her haircut; I like the way it looks different depending on whether she parts it on the left or the right.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling it involves Gabe and another dude.  This is just complete speculation on my part!  I thought it was real funny that Gabe says he built Trina's brand and the he invented her hand in front of her face thing.  Lol!  What a crock of bullshit.  However, I do think Trina will have a fight on her hands, as she herself has stated, on camera, that Gabe was the primary investor in many, if not all, of her business ventures.  Unless they made a deal, in writing, that he would be a silent investor, particularly with Bar Chicks (cause her music ain't doing nada anyway), she might be in trouble. 

I must have missed Trina saying she wanted to open a restaurant.  That's definitely a money pit, and Trina don't have no money to throw in. 

Interesting that Towanda was going on a date with her husband.  What happened to Cordell??  He realized she wasn't actually a man?  <said with a Tamar shady-face>

• Love 2
(edited)

Somebody please tell Towanda that that long, black wavy wig with the center part and perfect cat-eye liner is EVERYTHING.  She has such distinct features so she really needs to keep it simple with hair and makeup.  Definitely had to SMH at her shoving her booty in Tamar's face, tho.  Yes Towanda, you have ass.  We get it.

DEAD to the BED!!! at Traci's radio co-host straight up asking her about the sisters and their fake noses!  LMAO!  How and why did he feel the need to do her like that?!  That wasn't even shade, that was a blackout, Sweet Gawd.  Anyway, not here for Traci's hair at all, or her lisping "Yaaasss honey!" every five minutes.  Is she wearing Invisalign or something?  Also tired of her trying to be Tamar-lite in her THs. 

Nice to see the sisters laughing and having a good time, that's what I'm here for.  I mean if these fools aren't gonna sing, at least be fun and playful, damn it.

LMAO!!!!!

You know somebody had to have gotten them together about all these things.  Because.  Yes ma'am that hair (everybody's except Tamar's) got a gajillion times better.   It's funny how their coloring is very similar yet the hair color that looks great on one em looks hideous on another.  Traci leave the blond to Tamar please.  And Tay.  *sigh* how many times are we going to be forced to look at isosceles lace parts?  Like don't nobody part their hair on the perpendicular.   #fixitjesus  Toni makes me wanna do the big chop and run to get an S-curl kit.  She looks amazing with short hair whatever she does with it.    Now Miss Trace, girl leave the blonde to Tamar, it's not for you.  Everything about her Radio Show TH was wrong, wronger and wrongest.  Girl ^5 at invisalign  *something* is going on with that mouth, her teeth are yellowish and the movement is weird.    I hated what she was saying about Kev's girlfriend, Olivia.   How you finna sit around and trash talk a child.  Traci is stunted or something, emotionally, I don't think she passed the point at which she had Kev.   If I were Olivia's mother I'd be pissed.

The sisters just crack me up sometimes. Like when neither Trina nor Towanda wanted to touch the doorknob...Tamar comparing Gabe & Trina's relationship to herpes...Toni patiently trying to explain to Tamar that "jugular" doesn't mean "balls" & Tamar remaining unconvinced, lol!

Girl.  But what's left though.  This fool has begged, borrowed, lied, cheated and stolen.   The most recent of egregious offenses on the damn internet.   I'm not even checking for him though, what the hell is wrong with Trina's sense of self worth that she thought then rethought then thought then rethought THIS dude was the best she could do?  

I feet in the air giggled at Toni's "womp womp womp womp" 

How long are they going to be gone that Tamar is in conflict over leaving a child with his father, to go to South Africa, on Safari, for free?  Sheeiiiiiiiiii. 

I don't know why, but I have a feeling it involves Gabe and another dude.

I PROMISE you I typed this sentence and erased it!   When they were talking in the lawyer's office and Trina said he's claiming he taught me this move ::sweepsbackwardsmysteryhandacrossface:: I was like d'oh.  Then Towanda read my thought bubble tambout girl if he taught you that move there, Gabe was wearing your shoes.  

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 3

Forgot to mention that Trina's short 'do is great.  She's looks absolutely stunning with that hair.  Every time she came on with the extensions, it just looked awful in comparison. 

• Love 4

I thought it was real funny that Gabe says he built Trina's brand and the he invented her hand in front of her face thing. Lol! What a crock of bullshit. However, I do think Trina will have a fight on her hands, as she herself has stated, on camera, that Gabe was the primary investor in many, if not all, of her business ventures. Unless they made a deal, in writing, that he would be a silent investor, particularly with Bar Chicks (cause her music ain't doing nada anyway), she might be in trouble.

I must have missed Trina saying she wanted to open a restaurant. That's definitely a money pit, and Trina don't have no money to throw in.

Trina mentioned it briefly in a scene with Towanda. They were shopping for kitchen equipment & checked out the deep fat fryers. My curiosity piqued, I did a quick google search & to date the place is still "coming soon." Hm...I can't figure out how to post the picture, so I'll describe it: the sign is her "Bar Chix" logo & it says "small plates & libations" underneath. The place is somewhere in Duluth. I'm guessing it won't be a full-fledged, sit-down restaurant, but a bar/lounge/nightclub. I bet the opening was delayed because of the divorce. So messy!

Trina mentioned it briefly in a scene with Towanda. They were shopping for kitchen equipment & checked out the deep fat fryers. My curiosity piqued, I did a quick google search & to date the place is still "coming soon." Hm...I can't figure out how to post the picture, so I'll describe it: the sign is her "Bar Chix" logo & it says "small plates & libations" underneath. The place is somewhere in Duluth. I'm guessing it won't be a full-fledged, sit-down restaurant, but a bar/lounge/nightclub. I bet the opening was delayed because of the divorce. So messy!

Aw, thank you!  I didn't even question why they were looking at deep fryers.

• Love 1

How long are they going to be gone that Tamar is in conflict over leaving a child with his father, to go to South Africa, on Safari, for free? Sheeiiiiiiiiii.

IKR? Not to mention Miss OCD herself taking her baby someplace exotic like Africa? With all the shots you have to get & malaria pills & everything else?! No way. She didn't even want to hug Toni after their sister-date; Toni had a cold & Tamar said "I have a 1 year-old."

IKR? Not to mention Miss OCD herself taking her baby someplace exotic like Africa? With all the shots you have to get & malaria pills & everything else?! No way. She didn't even want to hug Toni after their sister-date; Toni had a cold & Tamar said "I have a 1 year-old."

LMAO!!!  Considering that she had to be convinced that your jugular doesn't refer to testicles, it wouldn't shock me if she thought any of this lol.  I sure wish there was a way I could sub in for her.  I'm South African and though it is still considered 3rd world, it's pretty harmless in terms of risk - same threat level and immunology requirement to go to Johannesburg as it would be to go to Cancun.  If there's anything she should be worried about, it's open game reserves, when they tell you you're seeing the animals up close and in person in their natural habitat?  Don't study shots, make sure your jeep has plenty of gas. Lol!!!  Now I'm jealous and mad. 

• Love 2

My thought on Gabe is that homeboy has an outside child and perhaps an entire other family that he's been hiding right up under Trina's nose.

I was happy to see the girls last night.  And I have to say that I'm always happy to hear Traci just because she's the only one who's retained the accent.

• Love 2

I've always found Gabe to be a creepy asshole. I can't imagine what he did to FINALLY make Trina end the marriage, but I look forward to watching with a bag of jalapeño chips.

Towanda still won't take ownership of her part in the mess with Tamar. Not surprised.

I agree with everyone who said Evelyn looks great. She looks like she shed a few pounds, too.

I guess Marriage Boot Camp helped Traci's marriage. She seems happier, but I can see her son stressing her the hell out. On a shallow note, she needs a whitening treatment for her teeth.

• Love 3

Towanda acts like Tamar owns none of what she does. I've YET to see Towanda do anywhere near the same.

I've never seen it for her, but I cemented on the idea she wasn't shit when they went out on stage with Tamar and when it was done, Traci's indifferent, Trina knows Tamar is pissed and it was a bad idea and Towanda has the hugest smile on her face, not even concerned with how Tamar perceived what was supposedly a "gift".

And I may be a Tamar apologist, but the day the tour manager kicked them out, her stylist said No, not you, and they left anyway. They didn't even wait to see what would happen, if Tamar didn't really mean them. 

• Love 6

I feel awful for Trina, especially when she opened up a tiny bit about what things are like for her now with Gabe saying things like, "You ain't shit. Anyone else you're with will cheat on you, too." That gutted me.

She's in such a tough position, too. Like you guys mentioned, they are trying to do this damage control spin for her with all this "Gabe is crazy" stuff and showing select footage but not the footage where Trina is giggling to Gabe about getting on her knees for another 10K in her video, etc.

Towanda I see is still scrubbin' it up and taking her only sense of accomplishment in being the one who has the gossip first. Maybe Andre finally got a J-O-B, but when will she?

• Love 3

I'm thinking his messy ass cheated again.  The thing about Gabe though, he's kind of unstable...didn't he have a webcam jerkoff session with some random chick, and THEN proceeded to spill all of the family tea?  Me thinks Trina was so attached to him (besides the probably passionate sex--crazy people know how to work it) because he helped her raise her sons and was a "silent" investor in many of her ventures.  Poor girl, she did look a bit tired.

Interesting that Towanda was going on a date with her husband.  What happened to Cordell??  He realized she wasn't actually a man?  <said with a Tamar shady-face>

*snort*  As I use this blessed Kleenex, I was always annoyed with the Towanda-Andre storyline.  First it's an open marriage, then they're talking about divorce, then he's trying to woo her, then he WON'T GET A JOB BUT HE'S A GREAT FATHER!, but now he's nothing but a glorified babysitter, then they're back together, just STFU. 

And Tay.  *sigh* how many times are we going to be forced to look at isosceles lace parts?  Like don't nobody part their hair on the perpendicular.   #fixitjesus  Toni makes me wanna do the big chop and run to get an S-curl kit.  She looks amazing with short hair whatever she does with it.    Now Miss Trace, girl leave the blonde to Tamar, it's not for you.  Everything about her Radio Show TH was wrong, wronger and wrongest.  Girl ^5 at invisalign  *something* is going on with that mouth, her teeth are yellowish and the movement is weird.    I hated what she was saying about Kev's girlfriend, Olivia.   How you finna sit around and trash talk a child.  Traci is stunted or something, emotionally, I don't think she passed the point at which she had Kev.   If I were Olivia's mother I'd be pissed.

Girl.  But what's left though.  This fool has begged, borrowed, lied, cheated and stolen.   The most recent of egregious offenses on the damn internet.   I'm not even checking for him though, what the hell is wrong with Trina's sense of self worth that she thought then rethought then thought then rethought THIS dude was the best she could do? 

In short: *loud snort*; yes, Toni is the Queen of the short 'do--ANY short 'do; defintely hell nah at the blond and Ronald McDonald hair.  These Braxton ladies are bonafide beautiful, why they do clown hair and war paint and rock geometrically parted hair is like, WTF?  I agree with you that Traci seems "stunted", but I mostly think Traci gets into those THs and has an extra-large cup of Live Free or Try Hard.  In her excitement, she just goes off the rails and says all kinds of shit in order to get some laughs or hashtags.  I don't even think she meant half of the shit she said about the girl, she was just being extra.  She saw Tamar become a C-list STARRUH from her little TH witticisms and gayspeak, and Traci's trying to do the same.

To the 3rd bolded, I think it was because if it was Black, then Trina didn't want it.  Oops, did I say that?  Just paraphrasing our girl...

My thought on Gabe is that homeboy has an outside child and perhaps an entire other family that he's been hiding right up under Trina's nose.

Yeah, or perhaps someone close to Trina.  I'm also thinking that he was really flexing on the money front and getting really possessive and demanding when it came to her businesses.  I personally wouldn't have had his crazy ass fund shit for me!

Towanda still won't take ownership of her part in the mess with Tamar. Not surprised.

So glad you pointed that out.  Towanda really doesn't seem to realize that they were both dead-ass wrong.  And as much as I think that Tamar is a cesspool of insecurity and narcissism, she had a right to be upset and she had a right to voice that.  Towanda, you ain't low sis--you wanted to hijack that girl's moment and you need to admit that, maybe then you'll get Tamar to admit her wrongdoing.  Why Trina and Traci let her slick ass talk them into jumping on stage--even with Trina expressing doubt--I'll never know.  Then they got up there looking all kinds of sloppy, too?  Girl, stop it.

• Love 5

Tamar says she didn't kick them out after they hijacked her show but I sure the hell would not blame her one bit if she did. She works way too hard to tolerate that shit and at least Traci and Trina won't likely try that bullshit again.

• Love 6

Whew! I am so glad I'm not the only one who sees Tamar's point-of-view about the bootleg back-up dancers. "Hot Sugar" was always Tamar's jam ! She was begging Vince to release that single prior to "In Love & War." Watching the concert footage, they really did detract from the best choreography in Tamar's show. *handclaps*** to the editor who found that little snippet of the assistant saying, "She didn't mean ya'll." After I saw that footage, I had a LOT less sympathy for the sisters, although I do have some. It's fascinating to watch family drama (especially when it's not mine for a change) where people see the same event so very differently.

LMAO!!! Considering that she had to be convinced that your jugular doesn't refer to testicles, it wouldn't shock me if she thought any of this lol. I sure wish there was a way I could sub in for her. I'm South African and though it is still considered 3rd world, it's pretty harmless in terms of risk - same threat level and immunology requirement to go to Johannesburg as it would be to go to Cancun. If there's anything she should be worried about, it's open game reserves, when they tell you you're seeing the animals up close and in person in their natural habitat? Don't study shots, make sure your jeep has plenty of gas. Lol!!! Now I'm jealous and mad.

Girl, I know you are, lol! Po thang! All homesick. And you just know the trip is gonna be first class, luxury, exclusive, private everything, too....ok, now I'm mad!

(This is off topic, but your comments about the safari made me think about that Steve Harvey bit. You know the one where he went to Africa, got lost on a dark footpath & peed on himself because some monkeys were fucking with him. Lol! And the concierge kept patiently telling the lady to get her little dog. Lol, but I digress....)

Ok, who do we talk to about getting some extra buttons besides the "like" button? The comments this season have been on fiyah! I need a "like" button, a "LMBAO" button, a "you wrong fuh dat, but I laughed anyway" button, a "break it down so it will forever be broke" button.....

• Love 4
(edited)

1. I don't think Toni was shading Trina with the magic comment. I think Toni's intent was what she stated.

2. Trina is going to run into the problem of her many televised comments about Gabe's financial contributions to her many ventures. In fact, the issue of Gabe's money and the role he played as a parental figure were mentioned so often that many posters wondered if Trina was keeping Gabe around as a glorified baby-sitting wallet. If Gabe is out for blood, those words will come back to haunt her.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 6