Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Save the drama for your mama ... and sisters.

20 minutes ago, topanga said:

The sisters all look concerned, but none looked surprised. I believe Towamda when she said that Tamar has done this before. 

I really think Tamar needs therapy. But I also know she would be guarded and defensive in therapy. She’d need a good therapist to be able to deal with her issues such as her history of sexual abuse. 

I just want to clarify, I'm talking about Towanda's and Traci's reaction to Tamar's apology. Sort of a been there, done that, maybe it'll stick this time.

4 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

I just want to clarify, I'm talking about Towanda's and Traci's reaction to Tamar's apology. Sort of a been there, done that, maybe it'll stick this time.

That’s what I thought. Yeah, they seemed very unsurprised 

On 2018-10-05 at 10:40 PM, bamaview said:

I agree with all that neck rolling and smacking her lips and rolling her eyes. The best part of the whole show was when Mrs E. called her ass out, Telling Tamar "say another word.....and I got you". Tamar shut her mouth. That fake ass crying with no tears, Oh Tamar, you are going to have to improve your acting skills. But am I the only one who does not understand why these grown women are obsessed with their parents divorce. According to what I read online, Mrs E and Daddy Braxton divorced in 2000. Toni was 33 and Tamar, the youngest child was 23 years old. 23..... They all act like they were children when the divorce happened. And everyone of the girls other than Tracy are divorced. 

I finally got round to watching the strike episodes and catching up. I couldn’t deal with Tamar’s dry eyes breakdown either.

i haven’t watched Iyanla in years, but I remember her being more abrasive. There was a lot of deflecting blame to “production”, but considering all the sisters & Miss E have producer credits, I’m even more sure there was a lot we were not shown. There seemed to be a lot from the paper worksheets behind the family that was delved into and not shown. If Iyanla supposedly walked out on day 2, how come she is wearing the day 2 outfit in all the 1-1 sessions?

i don’t doubt that this family needs help. But it’s glaringly obvious that they will put fame first instead of healing. They will only work on their dysfunction to the extent that it makes good TV. The only truth aired in the therapy episodes is that Toni does not like her family, IMO. 

• Love 4
On 10/5/2018 at 10:40 PM, bamaview said:

I agree with all that neck rolling and smacking her lips and rolling her eyes. The best part of the whole show was when Mrs E. called her ass out, Telling Tamar "say another word.....and I got you". Tamar shut her mouth. That fake ass crying with no tears, Oh Tamar, you are going to have to improve your acting skills. But am I the only one who does not understand why these grown women are obsessed with their parents divorce. According to what I read online, Mrs E and Daddy Braxton divorced in 2000. Toni was 33 and Tamar, the youngest child was 23 years old. 23..... They all act like they were children when the divorce happened. And everyone of the girls other than Tracy are divorced. I feel sorry for the new Mrs Braxton and the disrespect she has to put up with from now these grown women. Not being invited to family events and disrespected on TV.   I watched when Trina and Gabe were on Iyanla Fix my life and what I remember most was Iyanla  talking to them about raising and paying attention to Trina's boys and she asked who was raising these kids??? Gabe, you were to busy chasing tail, and Trina you were to busy chasing Fame. 

Nope.  I'm not here often but it's one of the things that always sticks out for me too.  Considering how damn immature they all are nearly 20 years post, this shouldn't shock.   Personally I think there is a combination of factors that contribute to keeping them stuck.   (1) They were blindsided.  Michael's narrative was I hadn't been happy for a very long time and she knew it (now this is a cheating ass man talking so I don't know if she knew it means he told her or she should've known because osmosis).   Miss E's narrative was that's a lie and the truth ain't in him.  Every couple has problems and she had no idea theirs were at that point.   (2) Once his choice was revealed, they were betrayed.  She was a friend a' mine, she slept with my man (™KellyPrice)).  So while it was natural to turn to someone familiar, the girls were fucked up for the same reason.   The familiarity removes any possibility of closeness or objectivity for them.   She wasn't just the other woman, she was mama's friend Ms. Wanda.  (3) This is the most essential one - and I think it's a huge part of their fuckeduposity - they unanimously agree that once Michael officially claimed then married Wanda, he simply abandoned his children.   To your point (and his) they were far from children in 2000 but they've all admitted how much they still needed their father.  Evelyn couldn't help them she was mourning and pissed at him for the loss of their story.   And frankly, I think it served her purposes not to encourage her daughters to maintain their bond.  He said ya'll shut me out.  They said naw you chose to stay out because you insisted on forcing your new wife places where she ain't welcome.   You can fill in the rest.  So whose fault this grand canyon sized hole is depends on your perspective.    If ya'll allow me to play Ontee BigPurse for a second, I'd say that means the pathology learned from their father is the expectation of abandonment.  The pathology learned from their mother is the expectation that men ain't shit so don't get your hopes up.  Just ask your father.     Who I'd love to  hear from in all this is Mikey.  He don't say a word.

I had to tap out with Tamar's WW assertion that Ontee slut-shamed her.   She wasn't even the one who brought it up.  I was like see you just killed all the credibility you had about the molestation.   She is in more than one way, a counselor, shaming ain't even close to what she do.  Bruh she was molested.  She makes you pull out what you don't want anybody to know so no one else has the power to shame you with it.    I hope she gets her slander coin.   Anywho I selfishly hope Tamar marries rebound boo because African (especially Nigerian) weddings be lit af.

Not that this matters at all, but I wasn't sure of your ethnic identity.    Then: 

On 9/24/2018 at 12:44 AM, sATL said:

I think for the 1st time.. in a long time , if ever , the Braxton sister crew realizes they are 5 adults who really don't understand (or know) deep details about each other - either by choice or focusing on too much of the "show business".

RE: the christening. I am truly missing the big deal. The baby belongs to Kevin Jr and Oliviah - whose family has a different view on religious events/upbringing than the Braxtons. Just maybe the new parents wanted to keep it low key. Not to mention they live in MD and the 4 sisters do not. You are not expected nor going to make every event when you live states away. Godmother (to Kevin Jr) Towanda - your job is done and stop making the christening about yourself.

RE: Toni - gotta respect her hustle. Now she is busy doing small screen movies. Thanks to Hallmark showing Christmas movies 24/7 from Nov-mid Jan, this is become a new source of income for actors and/or singers. Let her be as she too is probably the main source of income for Ms. E and her two sons.  She uses her schedule as a reason for not being somewhere (and getting married) , so stop looking for her. She's happy to be conveniently busy.  Ms. E did make me laugh when she said Toni & Birdman should have a McDonalds wedding.

RE: Tamar - it was good to see her back. She needs time to process what she's been though and probably doesn't want to tell her sisters, esp. on camera, the nitty details of her divorce, or her feelings. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince have put a gag order on the proceedings and settlement - as he is private. Now that she's divorced and probably has a decent coin from the settlement , she too is looking if she wants to continue doing the show from a different angle . It might not really be worth it to her.  When she's ready to be front and center again - she will be. Tamar has paid a price for her years of fame b/w the show, theTamar & Vince show, the talk show, and her R&B singing career.

RE: Traci - Respect for keeping this season on life support. Make your money. WE Tv must have put on an all-points-bulletin for out of work reality and/or comedians, who will work cheap, to come running, . The ranch trip - no - it was dumb. If I am going to buy whiskey , I could care less if the models/spokesperson went camping overnight. That horny scene with 59 yr old Flavor Flav and Tiffany New York was nasty. But maybe Traci is realizing that singing R&B, needs to be her "B" job. She has a nice voice - but to be a major solo force in the industry, not so sure. Now - it is about crossover artistry and SM. She and her new-found-side kicks might could get away with a 30 min comedy-based weekly show. It was a little unfair for  the sisters to expect her to strike with them - because they wanted to strike. Her financial is different and she is grateful for the money & opportunity. No need to bite the hand that feeds you.

I will get to the other two sisters later. :)

tenor.gif

s'up fam.

• Love 5