Type keyword(s) to search

Gypsy Sisters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I came across this show by accident yesterday.  All I could think to say was what the hell?

Annie and Dallas' ex is dating. Question - Incest must be acceptable in Gypsy culture? I suspect this community is so small it leaves no choice. Either way I looked at Annie's Twitter and she has her avi sent to she and her beau now. Clearly she not bothered. Then again she shouldnt. Dallas is married she shouldnt be so upset neither.

I'd be shocked if the answer to this was no, but at least in their case anyway, Annie and Dallas aren't committing incest.  If I was paying attention, he is her cousin's ex husband.  It does have a rather gross woody/soon-yi quality to it, but it's not quite incest. 

Kayla: This shit has went too far. It has went too fucking far.
Grammar Police: Kayla, we love you, but your bad grammar has went too far. It has went too fucking far.
Oosala: My freakin' ears!

I think I'm more worried about Nettie's health than Nettie. She has an auto-immune disease that is triggered by stress, so naturally she goes on a gypsy website and calls her sister a whore. And poor Mellie (never thought I'd say that) looked so sad when Kayla said Nettie was the mole.

There was more.  In a scene with a puppy on somebody's lap (I forget all the players' names) - someone said the dog bitted her finger.   Bitted. Shit you not.  Oosala, please tell the police to hurry up.

My laugh of the night came from tanorexic family matriarch - "Skott's out in the parking lot getting arrested while his girlfriend's delivering a baby.....even for gypsies, that's bad."    Standards, people.     LOL!!!

This may be addressed in some other thread, I'm too lazy to look, but anybody know why they get married so young?  Another random question - where is this taking place, what city do they live in and are gypsies largely a cloistered community like Amish?

That one lady talking about how other people better stop talking about her on gossip sites because she's fighting for custody of her kids and doesn't want to do anything that might put that in jeopardy....?   a) color me shocked than a muffucah that she knows the word jeopardy and b) um, show of hands, who giggled at the irony?

On the upside I could learn a thing or two from those girls about keeping a place spotless.  

• Love 1

That poor tour guide on the bus!  Nothing like a bunch of loud, uneducated women who have no problem showing their ignorance!  I'm sure the guy was relieved to have them get off the bus at the Lincoln Memorial so Mellie could see what the big deal was since he wouldn't shut up about it - lol! 

I was telling my sister about the episode this morning on the phone and could hardly stop laughing long enough to tell her about the Lincoln/war exchange. In fact, I bust out laughing every time I think about it.  

I was telling my sister about the episode this morning on the phone and could hardly stop laughing long enough to tell her about the Lincoln/war exchange. In fact, I bust out laughing every time I think about it.

IKR? Stooopid.  WWIII?

• Love 1

Wow, someone needs to step in & get those kids away from Mellie. She had to know he was addicted, why would she let that around her children? She doesn't deserve them, or any pets.

On another site some dumb ass implied someone was responsible,as if losing her child wasn't bad enough. In Gypsyculture, Why do they sell their house after the death of someone who has lived n it ?

In Gypsyculture, Why do they sell their house after the death of someone who has lived n it ?

As soon as she said it, I suspected it was  another one of those gypsy traditions that no one had ever heard of until this year. 

• Love 1

I'm on some of the Gypsy gossip sites on FB.  According to the source, Mellie and Skott were in a DV type fight, and Skott hurled the puppy at the wall, killing it.  Mellie did not call the cops, Skott's cousin did.  And Mellie has so far given four different stories of the incident.  The source also alluded to BOTH Mellie and Skott having addictions (again, from a gossip site, take that however way you want). 

She needs to dump his ass. NOW. 

I have heard that Mellie was an addict too. I wonder and then I don't know. But apart of me wouldn't be surprised though. I guess because how she started carrying herself from MBFAGW and the first season of gypsy sisters. Her complexion was clear, she did her hair and make up. She dressed up a lot. Then what kind of made me believe she was doing drugs was, she got lazy, wasn't taking care of herself, skin was starting to get bad, she looked exhausted, and then I saw a rumor online (Nettie posted she did drugs while pregnant with brandy? And/or/ was struggling with addiction. And her mood swings didn't help so that's why I kind of believe it. I don't know though. I mean she could be depressed (as I was depressed recently and just stopped taking care of myself but now I am getting back into the groove of things) but I don't know, that could just be how Mellie is now.

I also read online all the different stories. I think the very first story/post is true, no way she would post that without thinking unless he really did that ASAP.

I get people have tempers but dude killing a dog. Dude that's not normal. Like if I get pissed I yell. I don't remember the last time I threw something but I know it wasn't a water bottle. No way I would harm an animal if I was pissed. That's just wrong...

• Love 1

I understand though for Nettie wanting to sell the house. My family isn't gypsy but upon seeing the show and MBFAGW my family and other families on the show kind of have a lot in common (mostly the superstitions). We strongly believe things are bad luck or good luck, we are superstitious, and things like that.

My aunt pasted away in February and we have been in the process of going through her things. We originally kept her house because, we loved her and missed her and all grew up there. But I went to visit the house during Fourth of July and it was the most saddest and eerie feeling in the world. The first time I went in, it was horrible, dark and gloomy, no hello. Everything is kinda left where it is, like time stopped. But what I think made it hard was seeing everything and getting all these memories and I think that's what Nettie probably felt. She probably walks through the halls and goes into the rooms and remembers what rocky did and the memories he had at the house and/or in that particular room. Kind of like have flash backs. And for her it must be hard to keep seeing everyday. Just constNt reminder, over time people let go but to keep getting reminders must be hard. I feel bad for Nettie and her family. What a tragic loss... And the son's wife... That's so hard

Maybe it's just a taboo thing 2sweet. Like a life has passed here, we can't stay we have to go. But i d k. I have a book on gypsy culture (Romani). I don't remember reading anything about death but I will look it up and see tomorrow. Their might be some info on it, but I think the info in the book is different than what Nettie and her family do (culture wise)

Just the idea that this asshole could harm the dog just pisses me off to no end.  Dogs are so loyal, and they sense everything.  The thought of this poor innocent dog being hurt is too much.  That man is sick, and Mellie of all people--a supposed animal lover, should really take note of her animal boyfriend.  She's even more stupid than I thought if stays with him. 

• Love 1

I can see it being a constant reminder. I also feel bad for her,step child or not the pain is still real for all those involved. How can u be excited about the birth of his child when your planning his funeral at the same time very bitter sweet.

My family also has some strange superstitions,things my mom & mamaw use to say or do when I was little & I find myself doing or saying them as well. Sometimes I hear other ppls superstitions & think that's crazy or it makes no sense then I realize probably about as much as mine do anyone else.

I know this is random. But I realized I put "I know it wasn't a water bottle" I meant a dog. Oh yeah I forgot Mellie was an animal lover :/ I am surprised she didn't leave him after this

• Love 1

If she doesn't dump him for good, there's just as much wrong with her as there is with him.

There's just no excuse for what he did. And who's to say that, with a temper like that, he'd stop at a dog. It could be a baby next time.

• Love 3

JoAnn May be one of the better looking sisters but not a good person IMO. She got busted last year for defrauding Target out of over 14K so she has a criminal record. Plus what kind of mother just abandons her kids to go off and "be free"?

Watching this episode made it clear that Dallas is a big instigator too. I realize she's unhappy with the Jay/Annie situation, but a lot of that is out of her control and there's no need to take her anger out on everyone else in the family as well. She needs to get back to North Carolina and stay there!

I completely forgot about her kids... I wonder if she really did just abandon them. You would think she would take them. It's nice to see Dallas getting back into her kid life. Cause when I saw her last time on MBFAGW *whew* that girl... Cray cray lol

I wonder what is going to happen to her kids... And how her brandy's father feels about all of this. Does social services get involved when this type on incident occurs (animal cruelty, Mellie (from what I read) beaten up)??

I've been meaning to mention this, but I'm from Texas and pronounce "Huey" as "Hugh-ee." I notice Nettie and family say, "Yoy." Is it a regional thing? A gypsy thing?

I just noticed that when Nettie is talking about renewing her vows, she first calls her husband "Hugh-ee", but then a sentence later, she pronounces it "Yoy" so it may be a thing where they forget who they're married to.

• Love 1

When they were sitting around, quiet, not talking, all just staring into space with that "look", I kept thinking that we've all been there at some point, and it **hurts**. There is nothing to do but try to reconcile reality with the fact that you can't believe it's real.

That was one of the "realest" things I've ever seen on a reality tv show.  I've had that look before and it's the absolute worst feeling in the world. It's like the bottom has fallen out from under you and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.  It was heartbreaking to witness.

• Love 1

Finally watching the episode.  My gawd, Mellie is an ungrateful bitch.  Everyone else does the work, and she bitches constantly. 

And the Washington trip....I was cringing.  I know none of these women finished high school, but my 12 year old knows who Lincoln is and the currency he's on.  My lord....

• Love 1

Agreed. It made me think that even the producers are running on empty.

Getting the opportunity to see all the lowlights in one episode made me start wondering why in the world I would be interested in watching another season. Among other things, I don't think I want to see this group of willfully ignorant people taking vacations on someone else's dime while behaving like bratty children. 

(edited)

Crap. They obviously canceled it because of Mellie's husband, the puppy killer. With all the trouble they've had because of the Duggers & Honey Boo Boo, they just ended it before it really blew up in their face. But, how funny is it that the show gets canceled because of a gorger & not one of the crazy Gypsies.

Edited by GaT
(edited)

I liked seeing new faces like Dallas and Dovie

Dovie yes, Dallas no :-)

I wonder what they're all going to do for money now? I think they were all living on the earnings from the show, especially Mellie.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 1

Well, I'm sure the phone lines and Gypsy Grapevine are lighting up now.  I'm sure everyone is blaming everyone else.  I'd like to be a fly on the wall right now, actually.

Gypsy Grapevine has a post from Mellie

First off the show did not get canceled over me & skott it didn't help with all the drama that came alone with it but it got canceled because the network felt it came to its end so ppl can say  Mellie this and Mellie that can well gues whaT all your assumptions is bullshit have a nice Blessed day

She can spell "assumptions" & use it correctly in a sentence, but doesn't know "skott" should be capitalized or how to use any punctuation.

• Love 1

I admit, I am sad that the show is cancelled...not that it was unexpected. This is probably the beginning of the end for Mellie. I don't think she's stable enough to taste a little fame and then have it taken away without some serious emotional repercussions. I hope she reacts in a positive way but I'm afraid we'll be hearing about her soon.

Has anyone been on the gypsy gossip Facebook page. Holy shit, as soon as it's announced the show has been cancelled, shit has hit the fan lol

Ooo! Gotta check that out! Gonna have to pull out my English to Gypsy dictionary--complete with alternate spellings. 

I'm on several (no life for me lol).  Sheena hates Dovie, and is also a racist b*tch.  Mellie was trying to turn Skott's family against him, Kayla is awesome with Adam....worth the drama lol

On Gypsy Grapevine Mellie claimed that Skott (Scott) was her only LEGAL marriage. So what were the prior 3 marriages? Lets pretend to be married until its no longer convient then f' it & go our separate ways? Let's get married but not send in the paperwork??

• Love 1

Kayla posted on Instagram yesterday that her daughter, Danielle, is pregnant.  George is the father.  Is he the one whose lap Danielle was sitting on last season?

https://instagram.com/p/9mE0IpK7WS/?taken-by=kaylawilliams00

I don't remember but I don't see how a parent would be excited over their 17 yr old daughter being pregnant. I wouldn't shame my daughter but I wouldn't be congratulating her. I honestly will never get their so called rules they live by when they break every single one it seems. SMH

• Love 2