Type keyword(s) to search

Gypsy Sisters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't know what Nettie has against Kayla, but for a long time she just has been starting fights and drama with her. It's like Kayla can step back and live a happy life and Nettie will try and find some way to ruin it :/

I personally believe Nettie is jealous of Kayla because it seems Kayla has her life more together.  Nettie has 9 kids by three different guys.  All of Kayla's kids have the same daddy, and she was married to Richard for 17 years.  Nettie was happy to have the fact Huey trusts her, while Kayla was held back by Richard.  Then...Kayla broke free.  Handed Nettie HER wedding.  Kayla goes out and parties, sure. But she has a good man that has been behind her for a while now, she's not slutting it up (like Mellie).  Nettie can't stand to see Kayla having fun and be independent with a Gorger.  Kayla has good ideas for things, and while the execution is a little off, she's a decent person.  Nettie wants the title of Gypsy matriarch, and can't stand seeing someone else do it better than she thinks she can.

• Love 1

I have no idea whether Nettie provided the info on Kayla and Mellie to grapevine. But I did find something very odd about the situation. Every single time Kayla mentioned, she said that Nettie "leaked" the info. By saying it was leaked ( as opposed to "that bitch lied about me") makes me wonder if all the claims are true. Am I reading too much into this?

• Love 1

I think they all "leak" info to the sites to keep their names out there and the public interested in their drama. Methinks the gypsy sisters are taking a page out of the Kardashian playbook. JMO

• Love 1

Yeah, that shaman isn't exactly what I would call effective LOL

Do these women ever talk in normal tones? All they seem to do is screech at each other. And now everything is all better again. They must all be insane.

• Love 1

It's probably all scripted. They don't have enough drama in their lives, so they have to invent some. IIRC, they had Nettie and Kayla at odds with each other resulting in a big fight then the obligatory make-up scenes last season. It's just a rehash with the shaman thrown in for good measure this time.

I hate their talking heads. They used that over the top, fake, sassy tone. I get it, some things can be said like that, but they're doing it for every sentence.

All I know is Annie cracks my shit up. She started making me laugh the last few seasons with her facial expressions, but between "a bunch of bitches trying to be independent" living in the house and her reaction seeing Dallas walk in to the restaurant with that robe, shorts and heels, she said what we all thought. "I don't know what she was wearing, but she needs to go back to the mall where she found that!" 

I would have hit Mellie for playing on her cell phone during the Sherman.

• Love 3

If Mellie wants to be treated like a mother and not a 2 year old then maybe she should learn how to sit in a chair properly.  I don't even know how that was comfortable!

It also made me laugh how they ordered her chicken strips and fries-- like something a child would order lol (although not a dig because I love me some chicken strips and fries)

• Love 3
(edited)

Mellie acts like a child, so she is treated like a child. And just let Nettie treat Mellie like a fully-functioning adult…Mellie would lose her shit and say Nettie's a bitch/hates her/sucks because Mellie wouldn't be treated as a special snowflake.

Edited by OnceSane
stupid auto-correct
  • Love 1

I did notice that with her latest baby daddy's family it seemed like Mellie was making a good attempt at being a seemingly half-way normal human being.  That was refreshing.

You know, if someone took all the girls and did an Eliza Doolittle/My Fair Lady makeover thing with them, I think they'd be quite pretty.  Maybe they could be one of those contestants on a VH1 show where the groups of unruly and out of control girls makes an attempt to clean up and change their ways.  I'd watch.

• Love 1

Finally watched the episode.  Holy shit...Nettie pisses me off.  Everything has to be about her?!  She's pissed because Mellie doesn't want to be living with her.  You would think that with as much drama that Mellie produces she would love to have her out but no....she wants to control everyone. 

@ GaT I think an arm/hand up any hole would be unenjoyable lol I already hate going to the gynecologist, I could understand how that cow would not enjoy some random person up their hole lol

Watching the episode right now.  OMG....can I smack Joann?!  Ugh, what a bunch of spoiled Gypsy brats!  Pampered princesses that brag about their cleaning prowess....did they not hear the stories of their grandmothers, and how Gypsies used to live?  These women come from Romanchal lines, meaning Irish/English Travellers.  They made a good chunk of their livings through horse trading.  And a good Gypsy woman helped her man when needed. 

And I call BS on Nettie being sick.  She didn't want to work. 

• Love 3

^ @ivy I thought it was just me that felt that way. Because when she was "throwing up" it sounded like a clip of Mellie throwing up rather than Nettie

• Love 1

I loved that Mellie actually seemed to enjoy the work and take pride in it. She's usually the one who acts like a brat and refuses to do anything, not Joann. During the shaman thing in the last episode Mellie refused to give up her phone, but she gladly threw it in the bucket this time. Nice to see her in a good mood.

• Love 2

Well, I'm glad the whole "is it the same Dovie?" mystery (to me, at least) is cleared up.  I used to wonder if Nookie's mother-in-law was also her aunt.  Pookie's mother is Dovie, as well.  Now I know that sister Dovie is a totally different person than Jackie Dee and Pookie's mother. 

I still have yet to see the sister Patty, but Nettie, JoAnn, and Dovie are the prettier of the sisters so far.  Tanya--eh.  Mellie and Brandy--eh.  The "eh" is kind of amazing actually because Lottie--the mother, looks like she's been ridden hard and put away wet. 

I agree with you about Nettie, JoAnn, and Dovie. Before we met JoAnn, I thought Laura was the prettiest, although I don't think she's related to them by blood...she's Gus's husband, but I don't remember how Gus is related to them. I know she left because Gus didn't want her on the show, or something like that. JoAnn is the best looking to me, hands down.

• Love 1
(edited)

If I recall correctly, three kids by each man.  And she only has 8 living children, I guess one child died as a baby.  And it wasn't natural.  It's on one of these threads where they posted the family tree, and if you read the comments, it mentions that the child died "tragically".

(Posted the last part to not just gossip maliciously, but I did have a source.  May or may not be 100%)

One son was murdered in East Tennessee back a couple of months ago.  I am not sure if he was a biological child of Nettie's or her step son.  

Added:  Just checked and it was her stepson that was killed outside the Y in Kingsport, Tn.

Edited by iluvobx
I agree with you about Nettie, JoAnn, and Dovie. Before we met JoAnn, I thought Laura was the prettiest, although I don't think she's related to them by blood...she's Gus's husband, but I don't remember how Gus is related to them. I know she left because Gus didn't want her on the show, or something like that. JoAnn is the best looking to me, hands down.

Wow! I didn't know that Gus and Laura were broken up! I believe that Gus is Annie and Kayla's brother, and IIRC Gus and Laura lived with Kayla in Season 1.  I agree.  I think JoAnn is the prettiest, and she seems 1/2 normal.  Laura and JoAnn look very similar, and one would think those 2 are sisters--and in their world it wouldn't surprise me if we found out they were related except that Laura is apparently a gorger.  She seems to have left her gorger ways, and one would think she is full-blown gypsy. 

• Love 1

Wow! I didn't know that Gus and Laura were broken up!

I don't think they are, I think Sweet Dee meant when Laura left the show, not when she left Gus.

• Love 1

I think her working with animals (Mellie) is a good outlet for her. Cause she's always been really love able with animals like when her, Nettie, and Joanne went to visit an animal shelter, and then for baby Richard's party, she had a blast with the animals. If she ever decides too, she should work with animals, maybe helping them out or something.

I don't think they are, I think Sweet Dee meant when Laura left the show, not when she left Gus

Oh good! I'm glad, because she and Gus looked pretty content together.

Sweet Dee, it WAS nice to see Mellie smiling and doing good work, but I see next week we're back to the old Mellie.  "I'm not going up on that thing."  Why is her immediate response always "I'm not going;" "I'm not doing that," "You can't make me."  Oh yeah, because she's a six-year-old.

Sweet Dee, it WAS nice to see Mellie smiling and doing good work, but I see next week we're back to the old Mellie.  "I'm not going up on that thing."  Why is her immediate response always "I'm not going;" "I'm not doing that," "You can't make me."  Oh yeah, because she's a six-year-old.

Yeah, it's pretty damn obvious that Mellie is the 'baby' of the family.  And it drives me nuts that they talk down to her, but then expect her to act like an adult

(edited)
Finally watched the episode.  Holy shit...Nettie pisses me off.  Everything has to be about her?!  She's pissed because Mellie doesn't want to be living with her.  You would think that with as much drama that Mellie produces she would love to have her out but no....she wants to control everyone

IKR?  A normal person would just call Mellie up and invite her over...maybe even sharing her feelings of growing estrangement, and feeling left out of her relationship with Kayla, but noooo.  They resort to violence, name calling, and shit talking on the internet...but it sure makes for "good" tv!

Edited by zenme

Well, that episode certainly took a turn. Poor Huey & Nettie. And Rocky's poor wife, going into labor when she heard about what happened. Just a terrible tragedy.

• Love 1

I agree the whole incident was incredibly, incredibly sad. A death in the family is such a tragic thing and how he died was completely awful. Smh. I can't imagine how his wife handled it. Pregnant and then going into labor. So sad. I didn't get to watch much of the episode as I had to take care of something right away but I did see parts of it and I remember when the incident happened and it was all over the Internet. I hope things are going well for Nettie and her family and the wife and their child.

That was very sad.

When they were sitting around, quiet, not talking, all just staring into space with that "look", I kept thinking that we've all been there at some point, and it **hurts**. There is nothing to do but try to reconcile reality with the fact that you can't believe it's real.

No matter how much I snark on this show, my heart very much went out to them, and still does.

On another note, Nettie looks awful. (this isn't snark...just an observation)  I don't know if it's the blond washing her out, the blond plus the lighting, or if it's that she's doing the THs after all the stress, OR if it's from being sick. Her face looks weird, but in a way I really can't explain. It's almost like her facial skin is super thin and her brow area is sunken and strained. I know that sounds weird! She looks sort of half-frozen, but none of it's in a Botox way. I am thinking it's stress and illness. She needs to chill out with the drama and really take care of herself. I hope she doesn't do this show at the risk of her health. 

• Love 3
On another note, Nettie looks awful. (this isn't snark...just an observation)  I don't know if it's the blond washing her out, the blond plus the lighting, or if it's that she's doing the THs after all the stress, OR if it's from being sick. Her face looks weird, but in a way I really can't explain. It's almost like her facial skin is super thin and her brow area is sunken and strained. I know that sounds weird! She looks sort of half-frozen, but none of it's in a Botox way. I am thinking it's stress and illness. She needs to chill out with the drama and really take care of herself. I hope she doesn't do this show at the risk of her health.

I agree.  She looks sick--like she's lost weight.  I think she's naturally pretty, but I think she's the type that can't afford to lose facial fat (if that's a thing). 

• Love 3

I forgot to mention this, but I'm glad they didn't show Nettie's reactions during the show, that would have been too much. The only time we saw her after they found out was when Dovie (did you see how fast she was moving?) came & got her, which was enough.

• Love 2

and made me take a quick look for that Gypsy Grapevine they were all yapping about. LOL

Did I hear Nettie say Sheila Nettie Stanley on the C&D? I know one of her young daughters is named Sheila. Struck me odd because she said Mellie and not her given name Mildred.  

An episode I actually liked until….the call. That was harsh to witness. I've looked like that, felt like that. And then the bottom falls out. I loved Dovie in that moment running in and out to fetch her sister. Right fucking now. Totally respect that.

• Love 3

I think the daughter Destiny Williams was 9 months old from SIDS. 1999?? 

Destiny Fontane Williams, age 9 months, of Winchester died Sunday, May 21, 2000,

• Love 1

So good old Skott, Mellies new beau she's always bragging about is actually a grade A, top shelf douche of the highest kind. Last night he threw Mellies puppy against the wall and it died. It was up on her FB page, but I think she deactivated.

She better get far away before its a kid he throws to the wall. I'd love to nail his balls to the wall right about now.

So good old Skott, Mellies new beau she's always bragging about is actually a grade A, top shelf douche of the highest kind. Last night he threw Mellies puppy against the wall and it died. It was up on her FB page, but I think she deactivated.

She better get far away before its a kid he throws to the wall. I'd love to nail his balls to the wall right about now.

Holy crap, is this the same guy that's on the show now, or a different one? He needs a beat down no matter who he is.

• Love 2

The women rally around Nettie as she deals with the loss of a loved one, and Mellie asks her to plan Brandy's baptism. Later, the gang takes a trip to Washington, D.C., to celebrate Kayla's birthday.

(edited)

Tour Guide: “Abraham Lincoln was president during what war?"

Mellie: “World War II”

Someone else: “One!”

Annie: “World War III”

Joann: “The Cold War!”

Mellie: “The Civil War!” It must have been the last war name she knew.

Listening to Nettie & Joann trying to figure out how to spell “gnome” was also highly amusing.

Listening to Mellie talking about how Scott is the reason for her maturing was sad to hear considering what just happened.

It’s already the season finale next week, & it’s a clip show.

Edited by GaT

I read this on starcasm.com how sad and disgusting. But here is an article starcasm posted. I don't have Facebook :/ so unfortunately I can't read any gypsy gossip

http://starcasm.net/archives/322011

If what it says Mellie is doing is true I d k in kind of suspicious.absolutely no excuse to harm or kill an animal but still I wonder if she really is like this. I always see baby Richard with Tanya on IG. I wonder if she does just leave them with somebody all the time.

Does anyone check out starcasm.com? Did anyone read about the article of mellie's bf killing her puppy?? Dude wtf??

Sorry I see this issue is talked about on the gypsy gossip thread. Still kind of upset about what he did. Also kinda bummed the reason ended so fast :/ it went by quick

I always feel so embarrassed when the girls (Mellie, in particular) go to these restaurants. 

Why does Mellie always have to have all the attention.  Even when it's her kids' special day, she's always got to take the attention by acting like such a rotten and ungrateful bitch.  If Mellie doesn't come back next season, I'm okay.  Although, she's the majority of the drama!