Type keyword(s) to search

Gypsy Sisters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

awwwww :( But even worse, Mellie is pregnant again?????

I know!  I seriously want to talk to them about birth control and family planning.  The last thing volatile Mellie needs is another baby.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 1

GaT, yes, Nettie showed great patience, no one would have blamed her for going off on Dallas. She is jealous of the attention Mellie's baby was getting, especially of Nettie holding him.

I think she spent more time on her hair and makeup, than on throwing some crappy beads on her son's outfit. Mind you, she didn't even bother to get the glue for the bling...she may have to turn in her a Gypsy card for that faux pas.

Dallas strikes me as a young mother-too-soon who is on the edge.  The way she yelled at the baby, "I'm right here, Richard!", after leaving him on the sofa so he could fall off.  It's a wonder these kids survive their childhood.  Does Dallas live with Nettie?  I don't think I could stand having her in my house.

First of all, I love your gravatar :)

It seems Dallas does live with Nettie, at least she was when this was filmed. She has left her kids with her family to run off to do her thing before.

• Love 1

awwwww :( But even worse, Mellie is pregnant again?????

Seriously? That's the last thing anyone needed, including us! Another season seeing Smelly Mellie pregnant, hollering that her coochie hurts, and enduring the sight of her puking...ugh!!!

I feel terrible for Baby Richard and his future sibling, she's a despicable woman.

CentralTexas, I hate to be the one to tell you but Kayla is with another man now.

That's too bad, I was hoping it would work out...I'm a sap.

After weeks of living apart, Kayla and Richard finally meet to discuss the status of their marriage. Later, Mellie, Nettie and Joann take the kids out for a day of canoeing and some much needed family fun in the sun.

Am I confused-or didn't Annie and Josh get married around Christmas time with a "winter wonderland" theme?  So why are they celebrating their anniversary in June?

I keep forgetting that Annie's wedding was part of MBFAGW, that was a pretty big wedding. I also forgot that she married her first cousin. Ick. I know it was a winter theme, but I'm not sure the wedding actually happened in the winter. Interestingly, I was trying to search for the wedding date & ran across this interview with Sondra Celli & she was asked her about her favorite gown & said this:

M&C:  Do you have a favorite dress?

SC: Yes. I made a dress for a gypsy named Annie. She wanted a Winter Wonderland-style dress. It had thousands of sparkling crystals on it and snowflake motifs that lit up. It had a big dramatic collar, and we had to build a special cage petty coat to support the skirt. It had all the bells and whistles. It took fifteen members of my staff 48 hours to make. We worked round the clock and were wearing coats and fingerless gloves because we lost heat in the building. It was an unforgettable experience. - See more at: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/features/article_1716776.php/Exclusive-interview-with-TLC-s-My-Big-Fat-Gypsy-Wedding-s-Sondra-Celli#sthash.pG0z9zxc.dpuf

• Love 1

I just watched this episode & now I'm confused. I thought Richard & Kayla permanently broke up? This doesn't seem broken up to me. 

Did Kayla say this is the 24th century? What is she , a time traveler?

Yup, that's what she said.

I think someone upthread said Richard and Kayla are broken up in real life. So, I guess they broke up after the season filmed. Looks like she was drinking again during next week's episode, so he may not have approved. If this is true, its too bad they couldn't have worked it out. They've been together for so long, and it seemed like still loved each other.

Who are these dummies who sleep with Mellie? She looks like she's got Hepatitis A through Z.

• Love 1

So if Kayla was born in 1982...then she married Richard when she was 14?  Or has she just been together with him 18 years, not married 18.  Anyone know how old Richard is?  I wonder how long their reconciliation lasted since we know in real life they are split up and possibly even engaged to other people already.  At least I think Kayla is

So if Kayla was born in 1982...then she married Richard when she was 14?  Or has she just been together with him 18 years, not married 18.  Anyone know how old Richard is?  I wonder how long their reconciliation lasted since we know in real life they are split up and possibly even engaged to other people already.  At least I think Kayla is

They got married when she was 15, a typical Gypsy girl. I found this on Starcasm, so I don't think they're together anymore. I wonder who moved out, & who has the kids?

I tried to edit into my post above this, but wasn't able to, so I'll just do another post.

I reread the Sondra Celli quote, & actually paid attention to what she said this time LOL. If they had to wear coats & gloves because they lost the heating in the building, then Annie must have gotten married in the winter.

I consider this episode the B Roll episode. Nothing exciting happened: I found the Kayla/Richard reconciliation to be pretty uneventful and the camping trip was lame.

24th century. I heard that too.

I was surprised that Kayla was born in 1982. I thought she was closer to my age (38). I think Nettie is closer to my age, but I thought she was in her mid-40s. Did anyone catch her age in one of the recent episodes?

I'm surprised Kayla is not in her 40s, though she looks much better than Annie who is younger. Nettie looks great for her age, especially having had 9 children, she seems to take care of herself more than the others do.

Mellie? She looks like crap, dirty diseased crap.

I'm surprised Kayla is not in her 40s, though she looks much better than Annie who is younger. Nettie looks great for her age, especially having had 9 children, she seems to take care of herself more than the others do.

Mellie? She looks like crap, dirty diseased crap.

Isn't the difference between Nettie & Mellie amazing? Even after 9 kids, Nettie looks really good, Mellie is around 14 years younger than Nettie, & looks like she's been rode hard & put away wet. She actually looks older than Nettie. Joann (who is around 5 years older than Mellie) also looks good. I have no idea if Nettie & Joann have the same father, but I know that Nettie & Mellie don't, so maybe Nettie & Joann just got lucky as to who Lottie Mae was having sex with when they were conceived.

• Love 2

Kayla and Richard are eager to share their big news with the rest of the family- they’re engaged.. again! Nettie and the girls plan a last fling before the ring, hoping the happy couple can finally put their issues behind them.. but they aren’t convinced.

Isn't the difference between Nettie & Mellie amazing? Even after 9 kids, Nettie looks really good, Mellie is around 14 years younger than Nettie, & looks like she's been rode hard & put away wet. She actually looks older than Nettie. Joann (who is around 5 years older than Mellie) also looks good. I have no idea if Nettie & Joann have the same father, but I know that Nettie & Mellie don't, so maybe Nettie & Joann just got lucky as to who Lottie Mae was having sex with when they were conceived.

14 years? Whoa! I think I need to go back and take notes on Nettie's egg facials, and also take note to not be a drug infused ex-stripper like Mellie, heh!!!

Richard seems like a kind of strange guy. He's apparently a traditional Gypsy male when it comes to his wife & daughters, but unlike most of the guys, he has no problem being photographed for the show. Nettie's husband Huey who seems to be a lot more liberal than Richard, won't be photographed for the show. I wonder why?

Maybe Huey does more heavily illegal activity?  Or Richard isn't the "face" guy for the illegal schemes?  Or even crazier, Huey could be legit & not want to have people think he breaks the law!  IOW, I have no idea. LOL

Mellie looks rough as hell.

I have no idea if Nettie & Joann have the same father, but I know that Nettie & Mellie don't, so maybe Nettie & Joann just got lucky as to who Lottie Mae was having sex with when they were conceived.

I think Joann and the other sister (Whetzel's wife) look very much alike.  I wonder if they have the same dad?

Gee! I have a hard time keeping up with who is related to who!

I am so envious of Nettie's great figure! Nine kids! Wow.  Mellie needs to be on some kind of medication.  She is just too much.  She needs therapy and medication.  Girl has issues.  I kinda feel sorry for her kids.  Poor Nettie.  She's just trying to keep everyone together. 

• Love 1

I don't think Huey is legit.  He was arrested a few years back for "criminal conspiracy, theft by deception and home improvement fraud".  The victims were very elderly, as they often are, because they're easier to intimidate.  I suppose it's possible he's no longer a criminal, but I doubt it.  There's a reason they travel around to do their paving.

I was stunned when Mellie opened that door when the RV was moving. The door isn't locked? Then, when they were wresting, I was waiting for them all to bounce against the door and roll out. "Tragic end to show" was the headline I was imagining.

The fact that Mellie tried to walk out of a moving RV, in my mind, reinforces the obvious: girlfriend got issues.  She doesn't value her life, and just doesn't give a fuck. 

Okay guys, I was so curious that I had to try it: I went to the store and got peanut butter and pickles and made a sandwich.  It wasn't as bad as it sounds, but I don't think I'll be having it again.  My husband thought I was disgusting for even trying it, and told me that I am to never ever give him a hard time again about his having consumed potted meat. 

• Love 1

I could not finish watching this episode.  I was embarrassed for them.  Who acts like that in a restaurant?  No wonder their husbands never let them out!

I'm from West Virginia too and I can tell you I would have wolfed down everything on that table! Being from WV has nothing to do with turning your nose up at craw-dads-they just don't know whats good!

• Love 1

I know that the ceremony was paid for by TLC, but I still thought it was kinda nice that Kayla offered her gown and the rest of the party up to Nettie, when her plans with Richard fell through.  After the way the season began--with Nettie and Kayla fighting, I thought it was pretty nice. 

The Richard/Kayla situation was sad.  I was hoping that those two crazy kids were gonna make it work. 

I'm still wondering who are these idiots that keep knocking Mellie up!

• Love 1

That was sad. I don't know if I would have been strong enough to give it up to Nettie. Very sweet of her. Also I was very surprised Nettie has only been married for 10 years. Not that that's bad, but she's always seemed to be so matronly about marriage.

Edited by SunshineOnMe
  • Love 2

We see Huey! I guess this was the season finale? This description didn't say anything, but it sure seemed like it was. 

Richard's texts must have been pretty bad if they didn't tell us what a single one said. I really don't understand what he thinks is going to happen if he isn't there monitoring Kayla all the time, does he not trust her at all? Or does he think she'll get attacked?

That was sad. I don't know if I would have been strong enough to give it up to Nettie. Very sweet of her. Also I was very surprised Nettie has only been married for 10 years. Not that that's bad, but she's always seemed to be so matronly about marriage.

Yeah I didn't know until recently either that Nettie's 3 kids come from 3 different fathers. Not sure if this is her 3rd marriage.

Edited by preciousperfect
  • Love 1

I thought she always said 17 or 18 years?

• Love 1

Huey didn't look like the mental picture I had of him, I thought he'd be more attractive (by gypsy standards) like Richard, he seems like a nice enough guy, and it's obvious he really loves Nettie.

Only love could make anyone put up with in-laws like Mellie living with you.

I sure hope that if all the drama affects Nettie's health, Huey will put his foot down and tell Mellie to hit the pavement, pun intended

I hope Kayla finds happiness, and her daughters get a glimpse of what their life will be like if they choose to "run off" like she did.

I could do without Annie next season, and any more appearances by Tanya.

• Love 2

So Dallas, Nettie's daughter went ahead and got married to Richard who is Mellie's ex and the father of little Richard with Mellie. Is there another season being filmed?

Nettie posted some pictures on facebook of Dallas, Richard and little Richard, I'm not sure if I can post them here but here's her facebook. https://www.facebook.com/nettie.hueystanley

That is just YUCK!  but then again, trash is trash and they are trash.

I really had to give it up because I can only take very very small doses of Mellie.  Now Dallas has decided to go the way of Mellie. 

added:  By reading the FB entry (yes, I sunk that low), is Mellie still on the show or did she quit?  

That child is going to be one messed up kid-family wise.

Edited by iluvobx
  • Love 2

It looks like it might be Dallas wanting attention again, according to this, Dallas got into Nettie's FB & posted the pictures & captions, so not sure if they really are married. Dallas is so jealous of Mellie (which I can't understand at all) that now she's hooking up with Mellie's exes?

• Love 1

LOL! Mellie looked like she was going shit her pants! For the first time ever, I didn't feel like Mellie had actually done anything wrong. Since when is telling someone that they should talk to their mom a capital offense? Nettie always has to be keyed up about something!

I giggled when Nettie said "as soon as I fighted you."

Dallas and Mellie's outfits at Sissy's party was horrendous. Dallas had an awful dye job too. I don't remember Kayla's skin looking so bad before. I wonder if it's stress or if there's a new makeup artist on the show?

Welcome back, gypsies. How I've missed you.

Mellie looked scared of Nettie, then she looked like she was going to cry. I also don't see why Nettie was so angry at Mellie for saying what she did. She looked unreasonably angry toward Dallas as well, but I'm sure a lot of things have happened that brought her to that point with her daughter. I laughed when Nettie said in her TH that when she was Dallas' age she had 4 kids and was taking care of herself. Pretty sure she was being taken care of by a husband because you know, that's the gypsy way.

If they do have a new make-up artist, she/he should be fired. None of them look as put together as they did previously with make-up or hair.

Laura's haircut looked cute, a nice change from all the long hair flying about. Am I wrong, or was one of the gals at Nettie's house getting ready for the birthday party Alyssa? The Alyssa who supposedly married Nettie's son Heath and was the sworn enemy of Nettie and Mellie. It sure looked like her.

Four things I've learned from this show the past few weeks:

1)  Do not eat Gypsy Toast.

Gypsy toast lol. More like grilled cheese without the cheese.

I never knew Nettie smoked, she was getting ready to light a cigarette in the van when Mellie was trying to lunge at Joann. In addition to avoiding stress, not smoking and avoiding ackahol would also help the Lupus.

Someone asked previously if there were any redheads in the family because of Richard's coloring. The only one I can think of is Nettie and Mellie's nephew Cole.

I personally wouldn't care to eat the foods that were brought out to them (not everyone has to like everything), but 1) I wouldn't have ordered it to start with (it was probably producer driven), and 2) I wouldn't have shrieked and hollered "Ewwww" like a two-year-old child if it was in front of me.

• Love 1

Gypsy toast, meh.  We make Texas Toast that way.  You butter both sides of a really thick piece of bread, and then fry it in a skillet.  It's good, as buttered, fried objects are bound to be.  They really have no original ideas, but they think they have a "culture".

I know I am not the only person that watched this....

A little too much nonsense and not enough real life drama but it's Christmas so I guess that's to be expected. Except for the fact that it wasn't Christmas and it was quite obvious. 

I guess we will have to wait for the new season to hear about all the drama.

• Love 1