Type keyword(s) to search

Gypsy Sisters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Episode Synopsis:

In the Season 3 premiere, Kayla and Nettie are fighting again after months of reconciliation. Meanwhile, Kayla plans a birthday party with a belly-dancing theme; Mellie takes her baby to visit his dad; and a secret's revealed on the way to the racetrack.

I'm too tired to think of a better title.  We can come up with something.

Just the off episode discussion since gossip about these people is always alive.

Looking forward to tonight.  I heard Kayla and Richard are divorcing and already found new partners.

I hope it doesn't change Kayla. I've always liked her. Also love her trying to invite Nettie to the luau in the finale episode, to which she gets frustrated and yells, "BITCH, YES or NO! Come or don't!"

• Love 2

ShaeNaeNae,

NO.  NO.  I'm getting ready to watch the program DVR'd from last night and you're saying that Kayla&Richard are d-I-v-o-r-c-I-n-g?  What am I to do?

Here I went and fully decided to hang in there with my girl Kayla and she is divorcing Richard?  How much can an old woman take in one day?  (This

morning I noticed in the mirror as I was brushing my teeth that my tresses need another round of highlights to keep the grey gone and that means $$$$.)

This is epic in my poor mind. And, before I do view the program from last night, are we gonna be inundated with Mellie and her issues?  I, for one, can only

take Mellie in small doses.  She is like bad chalk screeching on a blackboard to me. See, this what y'all have to look forward to as you get o-l-d. Stuff bothers

you when it maybe it shouldn't.

Hanging By A Thread,

GypsyRoseMe

Here's hoping that I can get my posts to look neat&tidy like everyone else. I'll work on that problem once I get my bearings.

• Love 4

Not much changed since last season except Kayla and Richard.  They have way too much drama in their lives and if it is not real then they are willing to make it up to create drama.

As for Mellie, someone needs to take her out back and beat the crap out of her. Wait, I think someone did and it didn't stop her.  Why do they always invite her to something knowing she is going to start trouble.

• Love 2

I'm really surprised about Kayla & Richard, she must have been fronting being happily married for years. I remember posting on TWoP how I thought that Richard seemed like the most normal Gypsy husband to me, I guess I was wrong. 

Dallas is becoming more Mellie like every day. I remember Nettie posting something on her Facebook page about Dallas leaving her babies while she went off to do whatever she wants, I have to agree with Nettie on this one. Dallas should have decided she didn't want to be a mom before she had two kids. 

Nettie was insane at the birthday party, she just wouldn't stop, but when she said "This belly dancer, she should have put that chain away 20 years ago." that was exactly what I was thinking.

Other than that, it's the same old, same old. Screaming & fighting & making up & fighting again.

• Love 3

Gosh, GaT, you said it all above. I was kind of tired by the time the eventful debut episode was over. This fighting and kissing up afterwards is

maybe wearing thin. Perhaps I was just upset about Kayla's marriage. Kayla seems to have a lot of common sense and she obviously holds back

which the others don't. Well, Joann seems "tender" also.

But before this all over with, I'm feeling the need to slap Mellie upside her hard head!

• Love 1

Dallas is becoming more Mellie like every day. I remember Nettie posting something on her Facebook page about Dallas leaving her babies while she went off to do whatever she wants, I have to agree with Nettie on this one. Dallas should have decided she didn't want to be a mom before she had two kids.

Exactly.  & while I haven't seen anything that proves Nukkie is more mature than Dallas, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt since Dallas ditched her kids for months so she could party.

Same ole drama with these gals.  But I'm glad to see not everything is settled with a fist fight.  Go-Kart racing is the new ass-whupping I guess.

• Love 2

Mellie hasn't changed.  She still looks like she smells of vagina and Love's Baby Soft.  And I have a feeling she doesn't keep her hoohah fresh and it's probably all stubley all the time.  Moving on from Mellie's girly bits.

Baby Richard is odd looking. I hate saying that about a baby, but he's got dark features with red hair and red eyebrows.  

So are we going to get a field trip somewhere every episode? A field trip so Mellie can act like a child having a tantrum? 

Dallas seemed like she was on something when she got on the limo bus.  That family.  Several fighting about fighting, one wearing pajamas and high, and another showing off her stripper moves on the pole.

I still can't get over the fact of Mellie and Joann being sisters. They are so different.  First season I thought Mellie was ugly.  Last season while pregnant thought she looked pretty. Now back to looking greasy and ugly.

I felt sorry for Sissy, her birthday being ruined by those people she is related to.

ETA: See what happens? I start a post and don't finish it for 24 hours and everyone posts and I didn't see it!  Yes, I totally agree with Nettie.  Dallas should never have left her kids and needs to give up that party life.  She got pregnant, that's the consequences when you have sex.  While I think Nukkie is pregnant now, I've got to hand it to her, she didn't ever get knocked up (that we know of).  She caused her mom a lot of grief running away, but at least she didn't got done and ended up pregnant.

And this?

Well, Joann seems "tender" also.

Classic GypsyRoseMe!  I giggled.  Glad you're here. Also good to see yous iluvobx, GaT & OnceSane!  I hope we didn't lose a few in the move, but glad to be posting with you all.

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 1

Oh yes, I think I posted that story about Joann on the MBFAGW board.  I couldn't believe it.  It's a lot of money she was trying to get. Too bad it won't be included on the show.

Back over to the small talk. I don't like all these sub-forums.

• Love 1

Mellie's as good a mom as I suspected she would be, dribbling a probably-caffeinated soft drink into 8-month-old Richard's mouth with a straw.  Not worried that he can't crawl yet though.  Some babies just develop later than others.

It's too bad about Kayla and Richard but I'm not really surprised.  Kayla's thing has always been about being a good gypsy wife and that would imply a traditional gypsy marriage where the man is in COMPLETE control of every aspect of his wife's life.  That would get really old really fast, especially as Kayla is introduced to the outside world more and more while filming the show.  I hope they can work things out but that would mean straying from the gypsy way and that might not be possible for Richard.

And is Nettie married and her husband just refuses to be shown?  We see the other husbands but not him. 

It was good to see Laura again.  I always like her too.

• Love 1

So Nukkie's preggos?  I wonder if we'll see her on the show while pregnant.

Oh I feel stupid.  I could have sworn I read that somewhere.  And it was in between seasons of the show so I didn't pay it much attention. I just tried to Google it to post a link and I can't see anywhere that says that.  I mean, part of it's hard because I always thought she was Nukkie, but Google is spelling it Nookie.  Either way, I don't see anything.  Sorry, false information!

And is Nettie married and her husband just refuses to be shown?  We see the other husbands but not him.

Yes, he doesn't want to be shown.  Maybe because of his "business"?

It was good to see Laura again.  I always like her too.

Did I miss her?  Or is my short term memory failing again?  What part was she in?  I like Laura too.

ShaNaeNae,

Girl, I've had faaaaaaaar too much of this Moscato to talk, but here goes or is it here she blows? Anyway, I've poured you

and the rest of The Ladies ice tea glasses full of Moscato so that we can chat. Oh, before I forget, Once Sane, I feel

like that most days so can understand your dilemma. BUT, Once, this sub forum thingy is upsetting to me. With all due

respect, mind you, since you're Once and missing maybe Half,it's like my coping with this horrid Windows 8.1. I don't know where I am much less who I am. Please try to help me keep focused. (Moscato and aging being the minus factors.)

Didn't get a true bead on that baby last week but will do my best to concentrate upon his features this week. Perhaps his mama,

Mellie,has bleached out his eyebrows? Her hair seems to get darker at times so maybe she's into the Clairol bit even with her baby boy?

Look, I have some major confusion going on with Nettie and the Dallas story. She felt disrespected, amirite? How, pray tell?

Was that all for story line thanks to TLC? And, in defense of Mellie, how in the world did she cause such an uproar with

Nettie? My mind is still in torment over that. Did y'all see Mellie's eyes when Nettie was going off on her? I saw actual

fear! OK. Was that "fear" due to Hettie's temper OR was the maybe could be fact that Hettie has always been Mellie's

mama/sister/mentor? We need to discuss this if y'all don't mind.

And, not to be silly but here I'm injecting another confusing fact, did y'all notice the number of cups of hot chocolate my

girl Kayla was making? She poured hot water into maybe a half way point in each cup. Not that I like hot

chocolate, but who in the world wants a half a cup? Also, how many people was she actually making hot

chocolate for? That is confusing to me. Were there young'uns not counted for OR were those cups for the

filming crew? Whichever, I need to contact TLC and ask them to iron out these sort of issues which I find disturbing.

Alright, I think that I'm finished with this chat and now on to the next.

Rats! My words are all messed up again! How in the world am I gonna get this neat and orderly PLUS keep on topic per

these forums/sub forums?

• Love 2
Yes, he doesn't want to be shown.  Maybe because of his "business"?

That was pretty common on the UK gypsy bride show as well. If he's even a semi-legitimate contract he wouldn't want to associated with these scammers or he might lose work. Or he's in prison. I would think see the man who has lived with Nettie for over twenty years would be quite the character though.

You're doing fine, GypsyRoseMe!  As long as your posts are relatively easy to read, you are golden.

& no big whoop, ShaNaeNae.  Even if Nukkie isn't pregnant now, I'm sure she will be in the next year.

I wonder if we'll see some of the other cousins/sisters like we did last season.  If this season is mostly about Kayla divorce & Mellie being Mellie, I may quickly lose interest.  Even with my deep love for reality TV trainwrecks.

Two hours of gypsy madness was too much.  I had to break the watching of it up into segments.

One thing I'm wondering about is Mellie's temperament.  I swear I remember several of the sisters making remarks about her having mental problems due to some kind of traumatic brain injury.  Does anyone else remember this?

Naturally, this season's squabble between Kayla and Nettie is over something one of them posted online.  They should stay off the internet.  I'm worried about Nettie's health.  Her family stresses her out so much, and that can't be good for the lupus.  None of them seem to be all that worried, though.

I want to know how they get anyone to rent them space for a party when we all know what's going to happen.  They're going to make a huge mess, and the police will probably have to be called.  The "cake fighting", which they claim is a gypsy tradition, is really just low-rent uncivilized behaviour.  I wouldn't rent to them.

And is Kayla ever going to get those braces off?

Edited by technorebel

ShaNaeNae, Laura and her husband were guests at Sissy and Richard's birthday party.  They were sitting together against the wall and were visible when the camera was panning across the room.  I think they showed them twice.  Go back and re-watch the scenes in the restaurant if you can stand it a second time.

And thanks for the info on Nettie's husband.

In need of a getaway, the ladies head to New Orleans to celebrate Mellie and Kayla’s birthdays. Taking the town by storm, the girls explore the southern culture, shop til’ they drop, and party the night away thanks to some local spirits.

Every bad behavior they have they claim "Gypsy Tradition", I say bullshit!  It is just bad behavior, bad manners and NO respect.  They gypsy I have encountered are nice and polite.  I wonder how much TLC pays those places to allow that bunch to come in a trash their place or bus or whatever they are currently trying to do.

I have seen homeless people and street walkers that are cleaner looking than she is.

In the end, trash is trash, no matter what.

I was said about Kayla and Richard.

ShaNaeNae, I read somewhere that Nookie was pregnant also-no sure where but I read that too.

GypsyRoseMe, I understand what you are saying about the sub forums.  I am having a hard time with them also but I will adjust.

• Love 1

Kayla needs to stop telling us that she & Richard are separated, I know, I got it the 1000 times you said it. And why did she move out instead of Richard? I was glad to hear her say that her daughter shouldn’t be doing the wife duties, but apparently that’s not what Richard thinks. Her daughters are just going to be his maids unless Kayla does something.

I wonder if they weren’t on a show being filmed, would they still take Mellie everywhere they go? She’s such a pain in the ass, she didn’t even want to play with puppies.

I thought the phone call Nettie had with Huey was really interesting, he didn’t care that she was drinking at all. Of course then we had to hear Kayla compare him to Richard

Not one of those women speaks in a normal tone of voice, they were so loud, I wanted someone to tell them to use their indoor voice. They were horrible in that restaurant, I would hate to have been in there eating when they came in. That poor waitress kept bringing them things & then they wouldn’t even try them. I’m assuming the show kept making her bring in seafood just for the reactions. They go all the way to New Orleans & eat chicken tenders & fries. And talk about Richard.

Nettie & Kayla are just as obnoxious as Mellie when they're drunk, I'm surprised that Mellie seemed so sober. It looks like that changes next week though.

• Love 2

Not much changed since last season except Kayla and Richard.  They have way too much drama in their lives and if it is not real then they are willing to make it up to create drama.

As for Mellie, someone needs to take her out back and beat the crap out of her. Wait, I think someone did and it didn't stop her.  Why do they always invite her to something knowing she is going to start trouble.

I think you just answered your own question!

• Love 1

New Orleans is such a fabulous city, I just couldn't bear to watch these gutter trash people potentially disrespect it. The whole "voodoo is of the devil," bullshit was so incredibly ignorant, I had to change the channel. It's not like I expect them to have the intelligence of 1st graders, but I thought when they asked the tour guide about voodoo, they were actually being inquisitive about the history.

I guess drinking, fighting, cursing, dressing skanky, writhing around on the floor and marrying cousins is all in the bible.

• Love 5

How, pray tell?Was that all for story line thanks to TLC? And, in defense of Mellie, how in the world did she cause such an uproar withNettie? My mind is still in torment over that. Did y'all see Mellie's eyes when Nettie was going off on her? I saw actualfear! OK. Was that "fear" due to Hettie's temper OR was the maybe could be fact that Hettie has always been Mellie'smama/sister/mentor?

LOL! Mellie looked like she was going shit her pants! For the first time ever, I didn't feel like Mellie had actually done anything wrong. Since when is telling someone that they should talk to their mom a capital offense? Nettie always has to be keyed up about something!

I giggled when Nettie said "as soon as I fighted you."

Dallas and Mellie's outfits at Sissy's party was horrendous. Dallas had an awful dye job too. I don't remember Kayla's skin looking so bad before. I wonder if it's stress or if there's a new makeup artist on the show?

Welcome back, gypsies. How I've missed you.

I noticed that Nettie got her teeth done. I was trying to figure out why she sounded so different, then I finally figured it out during her talking head segments. They must have filmed the segments at different times though because in some of them she has the old teeth. I guess that TLC money is doing well for her and Kayla with the Benz!

I used to love this show, but these women have really changed for the worse, if possible. I thought they never drank? At least everyone but wild Mellie. Am I remembering wrong? It was kind of sad and disturbing watching Kayla get drunk and letting the f-bombs fly. I guess she thinks that's what she's been missing all these years, but she was the only one I ever liked. She seemed responsible. I couldn't believe that restaurant didn't kick them out, but did you catch when the waitress said to Nettie, "Did you just push me back? Don't do that, that's rude." LOL! Annie needs to buy longer shirts if she's going to keep expanding.

• Love 1

Hello, been gone for awhile so after I view this week's episode, I'm quite sure that I'll have something to say about it all.

Meanwhile, y'all know what?  I was watching the Tene Gypsy Bimbo crime story on the ID channel while I was away and couldn't

sleep one night in the hotel on/in a miserable king size bed which was a waste of American $$$$...Anyway, the young Tene Gypsy

chick married then killed off her poor, old rich American Greek husband. Anyway, this tribe is obviously notorious in crimes through

out the U.S.  Adding it all up, I reckon that "our" Gypsy sisters tribe is mild, meek and kindly. Sure there are paving and construction scandals/ ripoffs; but considering the nail salons mani/pedsi, the hair styling, the purchase of rhinestones/glitter, the booty shorts

and skirts, the Gypsy Sisters add to the economy, not subtract in human lives.

Until later,

GypsyRoseMe

I totally give up!  Once posted, you got it!  My words are all jumbled up and not neat like y'alls'.

• Love 1

I have to start stalking their facebook pages again. oh lord, these bitches are so not smart. its actually becoming rather hard to watch. anyone else think Mellie looks a little rough? like "on meth" rough? i suppose that could be motherhood but dayum! she is so gaunt and pale... also im guessing she has an undiagnosed mental illness which might be taking a toll on her physically (bipolar?), i just hope she gets help for her son's sake. 

• Love 2

I have to start stalking their facebook pages again. oh lord, these bitches are so not smart. its actually becoming rather hard to watch. anyone else think Mellie looks a little rough? like "on meth" rough? i suppose that could be motherhood but dayum! she is so gaunt and pale... also im guessing she has an undiagnosed mental illness which might be taking a toll on her physically (bipolar?), i just hope she gets help for her son's sake. 

I could swear that both Nettie and Kayla have made remarks to the effect that Mellie has some type of brain injury from an accident.  I know I've heard it more than once.  If so, that might be a reason for some of her behaviour.

• Love 1

I have bipolar and I am classic crazy, but Mellie's got me beat by a mile and a half. She has got something seriously wrong mentally, I don't know what but it's much more than bipolar.

I see some calmness since baby Richard was born but time will tell because old habits die hard. Alcohol and drug use is sure to enhance whatever mental issues she's dealing with so she's got a long recovery road ahead no matter what but first she's got to want to get better before any treatment is going to work. Mellie is nowhere near ready to put any effort into changing herself.

• Love 2

Has anybody else noticed that baby Richard has red hair? His eyebrows are red too, so it's real red, not just a tone. Neither Mellie nor Robbie have red hair, & I don't remember seeing any other Gypsy on the show with red hair, where did baby Richard (and why is he always called baby Richard instead of just Richard?) get his coloring from? Hmmm Mellie?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 1

Has anybody else noticed that baby Richard has red hair? His eyebrows are red too, so it's real red, not just a tone. Neither Mellie nor Robbie have red hair, & I don't remember seeing any other Gypsy on the show with red hair, where did baby Ricard (and why is he always called baby Richard instead of just Richard?) get his coloring from? Hmmm Mellie?

They're calling him baby Richard?  I thought his nickname was "fat pig"!  I know I've heard that from Mellie a time or two.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 1

oh man, that baby is cute as hell though! he was going to town on that cake (for a baby? really Mellie?) and i also notice her putting coke in his mouth with her straw... *shudder* so yeah, Robbie says it won't be hard to prove Mellie unfit and i have to say, the shit she's pulling on the show can probably be used in a case against her. i wonder if she's aware of that? her erratic behavior will be her downfall.... not to mention the selfies of her in her underwear on her facebook page right now. Epic fail of a mother.

Edited by msbeesknees
  • Love 1

oh man, that baby is cute as hell though! he was going to town on that cake (for a baby? really Mellie?) and i also notice her putting coke in his mouth with her straw... *shudder* so yeah, Robbie says it won't be hard to prove Mellie unfit and i have to say, the shit she's pulling on the show can probably be used in a case against her. i wonder if she's aware of that? her erratic behavior will be her downfall.... not to mention the selfies of her in her underwear on her facebook page right now. Epic fail of a mother.

Strictly speaking, I guess that is underwear to the rest of us.  But this bunch buy a brassiere, glue rhinestones all over it, and wear it out as a top.  It's goin' out clothes for them.

• Love 1

Mellie does have that "meth" face and body.  I think she is on meth and that her erratic behavior is due more to that than any brain damage that they claim.  Remember, Mellie was the one smart enough to escape from a very abusive husband.  It seems she left through a bathroom window.  Either way, Mellie has gone down hill since she was first introduced on MBFGW/Gyspy Sister.

• Love 2

I only tuned in to see my beloved New Orleans. Although the Big Easy has seen its share of drunken fools, I still get annoyed when I see people use that as an excuse for boorish behavior. This was nothing but screeching, stumbling and flailing. Trash. Too bad the waitress didn't slip and accidentally dump the oysters all over these customers.

And whose idea was it to inflict Miss Antisocial Graces on poor defenseless (and probably traumatized) animals?

• Love 2

Mellie does have that "meth" face and body.  I think she is on meth and that her erratic behavior is due more to that than any brain damage that they claim.  Remember, Mellie was the one smart enough to escape from a very abusive husband.  It seems she left through a bathroom window.  Either way, Mellie has gone down hill since she was first introduced on MBFGW/Gyspy Sister.

I don't know if I can say Mellie has gone downhill.  I mean, downhill is where these people live!  But even among their social circle, she does seem to be beyond the pale.  There is something endearing about her when she's calm and quiet, like when she went with Nettie to meet her father.

• Love 1

And whose idea was it to inflict Miss Antisocial Graces on poor defenseless (and probably traumatized) animals?

i thought the same thing... the guy who brought the pittie mix into meet the sisters was visibly unnerved when Mellie grabbed the poor dog and lifted him into the air. YOU NEVER grab up dogs like that EVER. that poor doggy was like who the fuck is this bitch and why is she scaring me? good thing the dog had a sweet temperament. if he has gotten scared and "fear nipped" her, he would have been put to death immediately, especially since he has pit in him. he would have been blamed for her recklessness. 

• Love 2