Type keyword(s) to search

Surviving Summer - General Discussion

• Start Topic

New series premiered on Netflix today.

Expelled from school and exiled to Australia, a rebel New York teen makes waves among a young surfer's inner circle - and leaves a mess in her wake.

Trailer:

I was not a fan of Summer at first. She became more tolerable later on, but the other two girls Poppi and Bodhi ended up becoming my favorites.

The premise is a bit far-fetched. You haven't spoken to your childhood friend in 10 years and yet you ask her to take in your daughter for three months? Does Margot not have any other friends or family? Or do they all know Summer and refused to take her in? Thus leaving as the only option someone who didn't really know Summer?

(edited)
On 6/7/2022 at 12:27 AM, paulvdb said:

Does Margot not have any other friends or family? Or do they all know Summer and refused to take her in? 

After watching I can definitely believe the latter.

I agree about Poppy & Bodhi being the best characters. I also enjoyed Honey and her complete indifference to surfing. 

Despite Summer being annoying, I enjoyed the first season well enough and wouldn't mind seeing another one. I also wouldn't care all that much if it this was it.

Edited by Slade347
  • Like 1