Type keyword(s) to search

Predictions for season 20

Poohpoohpooh
  • Start Topic

For any storyline/ cast/ production etc predictions for s20 (2022-2023)!

I predict:
- That s20 will open with a two-parter to put the Raven storyline to bed. This will air on consecutive weeks, then they'll break for a re-run due to NFL or some sport. Two eps is a good number, any longer and it's convoluted for viewers. Then they need to get Parker back in the squad room for normal case-of-the-week stuff (by ep 3?)

- in the s19 finale, they revealed that all of Parker's siblings are in the navy (how convenient). I predict that near the end of the season, one of Parker's siblings will be a dead body. "We got an unidentified body on base." *arrives at scene* "Omg it's my brother/sister!" Cue big angst for Parker.

- if this show chugs on for more seasons (I hope it does), Parker's other siblings (being navy) can be murder suspects, witnesses, etc.

- Parker's juvie felon buddy Billy (Kevin Chapman) could appear in another gritty ep. Maybe Billy's wife gets killed, and it's the "my good friend angrily wants vengeance for his wife" rehash.

• Applause 1
8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I predict Harmon will not show up...just like he said he would in season 19.

I've given up on guessing if/when Harmon will be back to guest star (they could be negotiating with him now. He will cost his usual episodic fee of $500k(?) I bet), and also no clue what Parker's ex-wife Vivian is playing at.

They could insert Harmon into s20 e1 and/or e2 to keep the traditionalists gibbsgibbsgibbs viewers happy and start with strong ratings, but imo that is not needed. The current cast with Parker is more than strong enough.

Another prediction:

- In s20 e1/e2, they gotta tell us the reason for Parker's and Vivian's divorce (which Torres and Knight asked Vivian in the s19 finale and she didn't want to say).

- My bet is their young child died (probably a son, to be the anti-Gibbs) at the end of their 8 year marriage. Possibly on a boat accident that's why Parker has traumatic memories on ships. Why else would they divorce? Ncis loves angsty reasons...

It's me the Parker fanatic, posting in this thread on occassion only.

More bets for s20 (all guesses only):
- they will have a flashback to a younger adult Parker (aged ~35 - 40ish) with Vivian. Possibly to show the dramatic reason they divorced. Wouldn't that be cool? They will have fun picking a young Parker who looks like Parker, not necessarily like a 40-something Gary Cole looked in Office Space.

- reason for their divorce must certainly have a Bad Guy involved since this is a crime procedural. I'm not familiar with Gibbs, but I think Gibbs killed the Bad Guy who killed his wife & daughter. I'm still betting that Parker had a young son who died. Or was kidnapped and never found, on a boat! Tragedy + mystery + Bad Guy. (Although this sounds a bit like X-Files' Mulder's sister who got abducted when she was a kid).

- I'm really digging this idea. Gibbs = dead young daughter. Parker = son who went missing when he was under 10, which happened almost 20 years ago. In s20 or a future season, Parker can be reunited with his 30ish son. With crime solving of Bad Guy.

- s20e1 will surely have a scene where the other agents McGee, Knight, Torres find Vivian's abandoned vintage Mercedes. "I found *this* / no clues as to where Parker and Vivian are."

It's me the Parker fanatic, posting in this thread on occasion only. Hope more people will join the predictions fun when s20 starts!

Prediction for Teri Polo's role (as Parker's ex-wife Vivian): she signed on to recur in s20, that's a known fact. I bet her character will eventually be good, and they will have a Gibbs/Fornell dynamic. I foresee her appearing in 4-5 episodes in s20, like Fornell did previously.

So ultimately a funny duo who care for each other. Gary Cole and Polo can do really LOL comic deliveries without being try-hard. Maybe Vivian will be the straight foil (like Gibbs) while Parker is the kooky one (Fornell-ish) in that relationship. I might eat my words if Viv ends up bad.

Predictions on s20e1:
- they will have some flashback scenes that were unseen in the s19 finale. Parker was acting a bit cagey in the finale. Hope they show us scenes of Parker finding Vivian or discussing crucial Raven case things with her.

- who planted the listening devices (bugs) in Parker's apartment that the FBI has a flimsy legal warrant for? I'm betting Vivian, as she's the only one with access to his home (being close friends still). Somehow I still think (hope) Vivian turns out good so these exes can have a fun (occasional) tv relationship. Waddaya think?

Set location from Wilmer V's instagram story today (Dec 6th, 2022). Not that spoilery, it's just a distant wide image.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221206-193250_kindlephoto-1522612030.thumb.png.cbf802dac2a39dc704b8e7488f30b5c8.png

(I had too crop out bottom of pic, file too big. HE captioned it "...on set #NCIS".

They better show us why Parker is so traumatized on ships. I'm losing steam (heh) with this season, and most other commenters have jumped ship from this show too.