Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: She by Herself

• Start Topic

Atlanta is lame.  I'm still sticking with it, but they need to recast.  This cast has no chemistry.  Marlo should not have been given a peach.  She is so antagonistic and doesn't seem to have any substance.  I love Kandi, but the vibrating panties and invitation to the play were out of place.  Drew needs to go.  She and Ralph seem to be acting and if they're not, it's still not interesting.  Marlo can go.  Keep Kandi, Kenya, Sanya and bring on some fabulous women who have a lot going on.  Sheree can actually go to.  It's so low brow for her to be pining over a felon.  She has horrible taste in men.  First abusive Bob and now this.  There is nothing aspirational about Sheree's life.  There is some low self-esteem there.  Why is she wasting all of these years on the likes of them?

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
On 6/6/2022 at 9:51 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

I feel like Kandi is always trying to turn these girls out .. No one needed to have their clit vibrated during a Broadway play for real .. this isn't some eyes wide shut shit like Kenya said ... Kandi harping on the sexual stuff needs to pull back Jesus christ 

Kenya keeps being the voice of reason and I love it! I didn't understand Kandi's sex stuff when the play was about all representations of Black men. A better tie in would have been focusing on mental health or the play bill or expansion, etc. 

I've been watching every episode this season unlike the past couple of years where I hope around, don't finish, it tune out. I'm really liking the vibe so far.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 6/9/2022 at 6:44 AM, Talented Tenth said:

...  Sheree can actually go to.  It's so low brow for her to be pining over a felon.  She has horrible taste in men.  First abusive Bob and now this.  There is nothing aspirational about Sheree's life.  There is some low self-esteem there.  Why is she wasting all of these years on the likes of them?

That is one thing that unites many of the women across the HWs franchises. They seems to be some universality to the lack of self-esteem and the poor choices in mates following the dissolution of the marriages that made them HW material to begin with. Sheree just happens to represent that particular trait here on Atl, but the same could be said for Teressa on NJ, Gizelle on Potomac, and most of the NY ladies. 

• Love 4
On 6/7/2022 at 11:26 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

The fact that Kandi had those toys hand delivered by people wearing very little, (tape on the nipples before 5pm, I am clutching my pearls), was a bit much,

What really made that weird to me is that I'm pretty sure (didn't go back to confirm) that the "delivery" people were her cousin's son Patrick and his fiance. They were both featured on Kandi and the Gang, the show about the OLG restaurant staff. I mean, there's a lot I'll do for my family/ask my family to do for me, but BDSM roleplay is probably a bridge too far...

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

What really made that weird to me is that I'm pretty sure (didn't go back to confirm) that the "delivery" people were her cousin's son Patrick and his fiance. They were both featured on Kandi and the Gang, the show about the OLG restaurant staff. I mean, there's a lot I'll do for my family/ask my family to do for me, but BDSM roleplay is probably a bridge too far...

They were Patrick, Kandi's nephew, and his fiance. It's possible they were filming for the OLG restaurant show at the same time, and did a crossover. But I wouldn't have my nephew (Patrick grew up in her house) do this. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, ZettaK said:

They were Patrick, Kandi's nephew, and his fiance. It's possible they were filming for the OLG restaurant show at the same time, and did a crossover. But I wouldn't have my nephew (Patrick grew up in her house) do this. 

Are you sure he's her nephew? I thought he was Queenie's son, and Queenie (daughter of Aunt Bertha or Aunt Nora) is her cousin, right? I could well be confused, but it really doesn't make a difference one way or the other...still weird that she used family for this, lol.

• Love 1
On 6/6/2022 at 6:28 AM, luckyroll3 said:

All I have to say is that these producers ain't shit for naming this episode "She by Herself"! 

I know, that's so wrong...

... and funny.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 6/13/2022 at 4:57 PM, Giuseppe said:

Are you sure he's her nephew? I thought he was Queenie's son, and Queenie (daughter of Aunt Bertha or Aunt Nora) is her cousin, right? I could well be confused, but it really doesn't make a difference one way or the other...still weird that she used family for this, lol.

Even if he is her cousin's son, what are you going to call him? Nephew sounds kind of appropriate.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Even if he is her cousin's son, what are you going to call him?

Well, in my family, we call my cousin's kids my cousins as well, so that's how I'd refer to Patrick. Freely accept that others may do different, but don't wanna go off-topic with this.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Say what you will about the inappropriateness of Kandi's vibrating panties, which I agree with, she's still got us talking in almost every post about her products.  She's wily, that one.

Funny story, maybe about 10 years ago, I randomly discovered that vibrating panties with cordless remotes existed.  We talked about them at my book club, in what would become an epic wine-filled evening.  The same evening, we talked about running a 5K, which I was opposed to.  Somehow these two subjects meshed, and we came up with the idea of running the 5K while wearing these panties and giving each other the remotes.  Then if someone started falling behind in the race, someone else would ZAP them.  We laughed until we cried and abs hurt that night, and while we never, ever, ever had any intention of actually doing this, that's how my book club got its official name of Sisterhood of the Vibrating Panties.

(For anyone wondering, I finally agreed to do the 5K, but it was agreed by all I would fake an injury within the first five minutes. I'm not running unless it's a murder situation.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 6/16/2022 at 10:08 AM, lasu said:

Say what you will about the inappropriateness of Kandi's vibrating panties, which I agree with, she's still got us talking in almost every post about her products.  She's wily, that one.

Funny story, maybe about 10 years ago, I randomly discovered that vibrating panties with cordless remotes existed.  We talked about them at my book club, in what would become an epic wine-filled evening.  The same evening, we talked about running a 5K, which I was opposed to.  Somehow these two subjects meshed, and we came up with the idea of running the 5K while wearing these panties and giving each other the remotes.  Then if someone started falling behind in the race, someone else would ZAP them.  We laughed until we cried and abs hurt that night, and while we never, ever, ever had any intention of actually doing this, that's how my book club got its official name of Sisterhood of the Vibrating Panties.

(For anyone wondering, I finally agreed to do the 5K, but it was agreed by all I would fake an injury within the first five minutes. I'm not running unless it's a murder situation.)

Lol !! I have personally missed you !  

• Love 1
On 6/9/2022 at 5:44 AM, Talented Tenth said:

Atlanta is lame.  I'm still sticking with it, but they need to recast.  This cast has no chemistry.  Marlo should not have been given a peach.  She is so antagonistic and doesn't seem to have any substance.  I love Kandi, but the vibrating panties and invitation to the play were out of place.  Drew needs to go.  She and Ralph seem to be acting and if they're not, it's still not interesting.  Marlo can go.  Keep Kandi, Kenya, Sanya and bring on some fabulous women who have a lot going on.  Sheree can actually go to.  It's so low brow for her to be pining over a felon.  She has horrible taste in men.  First abusive Bob and now this.  There is nothing aspirational about Sheree's life.  There is some low self-esteem there.  Why is she wasting all of these years on the likes of them?

I don't think Sanya works in this group.  It's just feels so foreign and maybe it's because her reasons to pick fights are so lame to me. 

• Love 4

Every time I've felt bad about a relationship what really helped was to spend a boatload of money shopping a small selection of clothing I had no say in arranging, followed by eating a menu I had no say in choosing while surrounded by people bitching at each other. So comforting, especially when I'm hurt because someone with whom I've never been especially friendly failed to call or text to check up on me. My guess is the shopping experience was product placement and earned something for the show. Marlo doesn't want to lose that peach so she was willing to pimp the product.

I admire Candy's hustle and sex positivity but the vibrating panties were ridiculous. The constant injecting of her brands into the show is getting tiring and, in this case, felt forced. Just tell me your products exist. I'll decide for myself if I want them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/20/2022 at 9:36 AM, byrd said:

Lol !! I have personally missed you !  

Oh, thank you!  I usually just lurk because I'm so far behind of episodes, but I really do read everything here.  Sometimes I'm really bummed when I see I'm too late to jump in a particularly good conversation!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1