Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Get Off Your High Horse

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m new to this show and don’t know names and where they met.  Did Emily meet Kobe in China?  I can’t believe he was attracted to her.  She probably got all dolled up, if that’s possible.

They showed pictures of her and she was much, much thinner than she is now.  Not even a little bit thinner.  She's a little big now, as they say. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Shauna said:

They showed pictures of her and she was much, much thinner than she is now.  Not even a little bit thinner.  She's a little big now, as they say. 

She looks like they reversed her before and after weight loss program photos.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Shauna said:

Thank you.  I’m gonna look for her picture.

Oh yes!  Emily was quite the dish with the makeup, hair and weight loss.  He must of gotten scared when he saw her now.  Doubt he’ll be on that farm for long.  Where’s the closest city to civilization?

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Oh yes!  Emily was quite the dish with the makeup, hair and weight loss.  He must of gotten scared when he saw her now.  Doubt he’ll be on that farm for long.  Where’s the closest city to civilization?

She tuned into Kathy Bates.  And they probably have an axe around.

• LOL 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Mo also needs to get a grip on someone meeting *his* needs. No one can do that - I can't meet every single need of my partner.

His mommy meets his needs and that is exactly what he expects from a wife. He really needs to go back to Egypt to find that. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I'm thinking that Bini's MMA school is just there to collect tuition and tell you how you're destined for MMA stardom

We've also seen that in modeling agencies on this franchise. Bini is listed as a "featherweight" so I imagine there are just as many women as men to spar with him. His fighter name is "Baby Cool." 

• LOL 10
17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

His mommy meets his needs and that is exactly what he expects from a wife. He really needs to go back to Egypt to find that. 

Yes, he needs someone who was raised to do that.  And probably not work outside the home.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So, this week:

Bilalzebub and Shaeeda: I don't get the pin in the couch thing. Don't know if it is shenanigans or a fake conflict, but Shaeeda is way too old to just stick her pins in to the couch in case she needs them. She is pushing 40 years old and she should have some idea that it is not cool. It's okay for five minutes but that is about it. Easy to stop to the dollar store or Homesense/Homegoods and buy a small container to keep them in or even grab a small bowl from the cupboard. Maybe she gets off on some passive aggressive games with Bilal, but who knows. So what if she felt that going to the mosque was optional? I didn't get the water on the counters and floor. Wooden floors do get slick with water, but there wasn't enough to cause any damage. Maybe the two deserve each other.

I am by no means an expert, but it looks like Shaeeda has a pretty easy out with menses.  Not that I disagree she seems to enjoy triggering him.

https://islamqa.org/shafii/seekersguidance-shafii/170217/entering-a-mosque-during-menses/

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Boston said:

I'm apologizing now.. Yes.. I was brought up a little north of Boston.  NO, I do not talk like John (my dad was from Baltimore - my mother, meh.. she still says baathroom).  Please don't lump all of us in that BAWSTAWN category.  Some of us want to make it out.  And did.

I've lived in South Boston/Dorchester neighborhoods of Boston my entire life.  I like my accent and have had many people tell me they love my accent.  I never wanted to get out.  I went to UMass Boston and worked in a Boston hospital.  I understand that a lot of people listening to John make fun of his accent.  That's fine.  I laugh at the Boston guy on the Sam Adams commercial too with his accent.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

I've lived in South Boston/Dorchester neighborhoods of Boston my entire life.  I like my accent and have had many people tell me they love my accent.  I never wanted to get out.  I went to UMass Boston and worked in a Boston hospital.  I understand that a lot of people listening to John make fun of his accent.  That's fine.  I laugh at the Boston guy on the Sam Adams commercial too with his accent.  

Kalani on Pillow Talk said that the Boston accent is her favorite.  I think her sister picked something European.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

No one is made fun of more than a New Yorker.  Whatever state I’m in, as soon as I open my mouth, they immediately know where I’m from.  Especially Long Island.   We just tawk differently.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

Speaking as a Canadian gal, LOVE that accent.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Patrick and Thais: Did he tell Thais that they were moving to Dallas? That is a lot of change in just a few weeks. Coming to a new country, having an unexpected roommate, getting a new dog, and now a new place? Whether she likes it or not, Patrick's brother will be living with them for a while. At least the new place has two floors and there is some 'space'. No idea why they had to rent a house. They could have rented two apartments or condos for a while until they decided what they wanted to do. And no, Thais, you haven't contributed a cent toward the house so it is not yours. If you don't want John, you and Patrick can find your own apartment. It is what it is and it won't be forever. John and Patrick do need to set some healthy boundaries. If John is the party type and brings over a lot of people, Thais may get upset a lot. The party life will get old. Good luck to her.

Getting two condos next to each other is the best solution IMO.  More privacy.  It’s a no brainer.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

No one is made fun of more than a New Yorker.  Whatever state I’m in, as soon as I open my mouth, they immediately know where I’m from.  Especially Long Island.   We just tawk differently.

Have to admit I've said cawfee.  lol.  I've also been asked if I'm from New York.  

• LOL 4
44 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

There was that whole Linda Richman SNL skit with Mike Myers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Can I just give a quick chime on accents?  Minnesotans do NOT talk like the female character in Fargo.  Maybe in some farm communities, but that was very exaggerated.   I do hear a "Deez dem houses o'r der" sometimes.   That was "these them houses over there, btw.   I have let out a "We are from Minnesooooota" once but I was talking to....a Canadian!"

I love my state.  I could talk about it for hours.  If anyone wants to visit the Land of 10,000 Lakes, get in touch with me and I will show you most beautiful parts of the state!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Proud New Yorker here.  Born and raised in one of the five boroughs. They can make fun of our accent all they want, but nawtfornutten they'd better not do it to my face.  I love a British accent.  Colin Firth is my Hall Pass.  

I found the optics of Kobe shoveling shit, while Emily and her mother supervised, rather unsettling. That the mother saw nothing wrong with the way she spoke to Kobe and why he would be upset is cause for concern.  It is quite a contrast to the way Ari's family treats Bini.  

• Love 11
14 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Or maybe have your abled bodied daughter that is living with you, can get her fat ass in there and work.  Maybe that would be a solution.  I wanted to punch Emily in the face when she stood there and criticized everything Kole was doing wrong. Never did she or her lame ass mother step in to help and encourage him.

I have no respect from Mom or daughter. Why was Emily just standing there "supervising" Kobe to the 9th degree and not pitching in? Take the shovel, girl, even if Kobe protests and earn your keep.What prevents you in helping out? Oh, you have a baby. Yes, I forgot, that makes you ultra special and exempt from helping out anyone other than yourself. All your energy, after all, is taken up with your taking your boobette out for all to see. You are perfectly fine letting your mom do the job of shoveling manure until she is no longer able. I don't respect the dad either, he's apparently in on letting Emily run the show. Way, way, too much power was given to this girl and she ran with it.

14 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

There are some deep, deep traumatic issues that bind John and Patrick beyond being just brothers.  Theis better figure that out right away or she will be the one in a different dwelling.  I really wish that John was not a part of the show as there is some deep stuff that he is dealing with and being filmed only adds to the stress.

I hated Patrick in the beginning, but like I have said previously, he's got a lot of pain housed in his body that he needs to work on and get rid of. He's a broken soul and I see that now. Theis is the third wheel now. I didn't like the way she behaved with the "downgraded" new house. Again, I feel like a broken record, but are YOU contributing anything financially to this arrangement? Did YOU save any $$ to help out before your arrival? Stop complaining and enjoy what is being given to you. I like Patrick, he seems like a nice guy.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Can I just give a quick chime on accents?  Minnesotans do NOT talk like the female character in Fargo.  Maybe in some farm communities, but that was very exaggerated.   I do hear a "Deez dem houses o'r der" sometimes.   That was "these them houses over there, btw.   I have let out a "We are from Minnesooooota" once but I was talking to....a Canadian!"

I love my state.  I could talk about it for hours.  If anyone wants to visit the Land of 10,000 Lakes, get in touch with me and I will show you most beautiful parts of the state!

My mother's family was from Douglas County (Alexandria).  My brother lived on Lake Minnetonka for many years, and we had such wonderful summer trips up there.

15 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

In China they had fun. They drank and partied and had sex and were carefree. She herself says she was cute and sexy and Kobe was cute and sexy and they had sexy time and lots of laughs. Kobe has come to the US to a slatternly, sloppy harridan who constantly carps and nags and belittles him. The poor man is reeling. He doesn't know which way is up. The only thing he knows is that he loves his son and if he and Emily don't get married he will never see that kid again. She's already using him as a club to beat Kobe with. I hate her. 

I can't get exercised over their storyline because it is so blatantly fake. We'll have a couple of scenes of Miona trying to organize her beach wedding, realizing that it can't be done, and we'll get the usual sad, thrown together wedding in some shitty park. Giving them a storyline for another season, with the well worn "second wedding in home country" plot device as the starting point. I think Miona and Jibri are giggling helplessly and merrily depositing their checks from Sharp productions as they angle for a spot on Pillow Talk or Happily Ever After. They're terrible actors for one thing. Oh, and Jibri's friend Daveed? Toxic as fuck. But he's just a retread of what's his name's band buddies, what was his name, the guy who married the Frozen Finn? Any guy on this blasted hellscape of a show who's in a "band" has to have buddies who cast their girlfriends as some heinous combination of Yoko Ono and Lucrezia Borgia. Its so tired. 

Its her religion too. 

Pepper, by the way, Happy Birthday and a Woot for your health.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, OFDgal said:

I SAY I don't have the accent - but when i go south to my Dad's family in Maryland?  They all think i'm from New Jersey.  I'm proud of where i'm from.  Didn't want anyone to think I wasn't; just didn't word it right.  (I was in a spelling bee here (I'm from Dracut) and my Dad was giving me words to practice.. and he said CANAL - I kept spelling it CANOW.. now HE had an accent..lol.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Breedom said:

All your energy, after all, is taken up with your taking your boobette out for all to see.

"Boobette" makes it sound so petite so perhaps "boobhemoth" would be more accurate? Or, how about "taking your Grand Teton out"? 😏

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Boston said:

or the good old "over the shoulder boulder holders"

Hey, I resemble that remark! I have permanent grooves in my shoulders from those holder straps. 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ari's face reminds me of a cartoon rat. There's nothing attractive about her at all.

Every time I hear Mohammy's whiny, prepubescent, nails-on-a-chalkboards, passive aggressive voice, I have to wonder when his lil' balls will drop. His voice is like a sharp pencil to the ear drum.

I'd love to see Kobe bitch-slap Emily right in her lisping c********* on his way out the door.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3

Ahhh! Motor mouth gets her due! I can't believe she has the lack of insight to hink she was being helpful. No, just nagging! Great to see him tell her to shut up.

I have mixed feelings about Thais. When she first came, I thought she was being pushy, wanting John out of the house but this new deal with moving and him still wanting John there, instead of in his own place nearby is a little strange. It sounds like he thinks they should always live together.

I don't blame her for not wanting to be the third wheel in the brother's relationship. The house was ugly and it was obvious she hadn't even seen it, while John was all moved in. Tight white boxes, no personality at all.

Ari reminds me why I found her insufferable.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, OFDgal said:

(waving) hey @OFDgal! I'm a Boston girl too. I don't think I have a very heavy accent (most of us don't--the one you hear on TV shows and in movies is a very heavy blue collar version.) But our friend @Angry Moldovan, the first time we spoke on the phone, said "Oooh, you really have a Boston accent!" But every now and then I say "ovah" or "wondaful" or "yahd" or something, and my son gleefully mocks me. I worked at Harvard for ten years and have never once said "Hahvahd" (its more like "Hahvid" anyway). I do still say "packie" for liquor store and "elastic" for rubber band. Oh, and "jimmies" of course. My mother is 100% lace curtain Irish from Dorchester and her accent is thick as the filling of a Boston Cream Pie. And it's adorable. 

But, for the enjoyment of all of you, once again I share this: 

9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I found the optics of Kobe shoveling shit, while Emily and her mother supervised, rather unsettling. That the mother saw nothing wrong with the way she spoke to Kobe and why he would be upset is cause for concern.  It is quite a contrast to the way Ari's family treats Bini.  

Agreed. Very, very often in this franchise I am rendered wildly uncomfortable by the treatment of Black individuals from Africa by their white American fiancees. 

8 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

Pepper, by the way, Happy Birthday and a Woot for your health.  

Thank you! You're very kind!

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Boston said:

I SAY I don't have the accent - but when i go south to my Dad's family in Maryland?  They all think i'm from New Jersey.  I'm proud of where i'm from.  Didn't want anyone to think I wasn't; just didn't word it right.  (I was in a spelling bee here (I'm from Dracut) and my Dad was giving me words to practice.. and he said CANAL - I kept spelling it CANOW.. now HE had an accent..lol.

Exactly.  My daughter was going to school in MIami when Good Will Hunting came out.  She was watching it with friends and made fun of his Boston accent.  Her friends told her she sounded just like him!  lol.  I said it last week it looked like Ari hadn't washed or combed her hair since Africa.  Looks like the trend continues this week as her hair looked dirty and disgusting.  

• Love 5
23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I suspect the drenched kitchen was done for filming.   She really doesn't seem like she would splash water everywhere, and leave it.    

How often does anyone shovel out that horse shed?    It doesn't look like it's often enough. 

Definitely done for filming.  Who washes their feet in the kitchen, of all places.

Emily said she hadn't shoveled shit in years.  Why, I wondered?  She's not working.  She could help our her parents when they are with the baby or when the baby is asleep.  But this is Emily we're talking about.

16 hours ago, Gobi said:

She looks like they reversed her before and after weight loss program photos.

This couldn't be more true. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I loved how Bini's trainer tried to defuse the Ari/Melissa/Bini confrontation by saying something like, "We don't need that kind of negative energy around here" which was a nice way of saying "Back off, bitch." 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

Emily said she hadn't shoveled shit in years.  Why, I wondered?  She's not working.  She could help our her parents when they are with the baby or when the baby is asleep.  But this is Emily we're talking about.

Silly! If her parents are with the baby she has to hover over them and tell them what they're doing wrong! And if he's sleeping? She has to pump. Or, she can't do it because bacteria. Or the smell. Koben's delicate nose might be offended. She uses that baby as an excuse for everything. 

Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

You forgot “bubblah” (water fountain). I love Boston accents.

And "pahla" for living room, and "suppa" for the evening meal. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

Emily said she hadn't shoveled shit in years.  Why, I wondered?  She's not working.  She could help our her parents when they are with the baby or when the baby is asleep. 

She thinks breastfeeding makes her exempt from doing anything else.

• Like 4
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Proud New Yorker here.  Born and raised in one of the five boroughs. They can make fun of our accent all they want, but nawtfornutten they'd better not do it to my face.  I love a British accent.  Colin Firth is my Hall Pass.  

Born and raised in Queens, N.Y.  Worked in the City.  When hubs retired, we moved to Florida.  After one year, moved back to N.Y.  It’s in our blood, lol.  Missed everything. 😀

• Hugs 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Born and raised in Queens, N.Y.  Worked in the City.  When hubs retired, we moved to Florida.  After one year, moved back to N.Y.  It’s in our blood, lol.  Missed everything. 😀

I went to Florida for a year and came back to Boston.  My friends loved my accent and I loved their southern accent. They always had me say beeah (beer).    I'm sure John has gotten some comments in Texas when he buys beer. 

• Love 3

Gah, Ari continuously makes a fool of herself with her over-the-top behavior. Who bursts into a room, briskly walking towards her target and then blurts out crap to the husband in front of other people? Right, Bini is looking to have an affair a few days after coming here. Sure thing. And that's a great way to build up a relationship: Accuse your significant other of wanting or having an affair at every possible opportunity and further humiliate this guy in front of other people when he is trying to better himself. First he got a slap in the face from Ari's family at their dinner, now further grief given from Ari. Bini has taken some massive abuse from this cast of misfits.

Ari is incredibly insecure in herself to behave like this. She really needs to get her behind to the nearest therapist or this relationship is doomed. I hope she isn't leaning on Leandro's shoulder now crying her eyes out about how unfair life is treating her. Plus Ari no doubt will dump this garbage in her family's lap and they will believe every word. What a damaged person she is.

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Ari is incredibly insecure in herself to behave like this. She really needs to get her behind to the nearest therapist or this relationship is doomed. I hope she isn't leaning on Leandro's shoulder now crying her eyes out about how unfair life is treating her. Plus Ari no doubt will dump this garbage in her family's lap and they will believe every word. What a damaged person she is.

Leandro is counting his blessings daily, I'm sure. How did he hang in for ten years? A question for the ages. 

And this "relationship" was doomed from the start. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I found the optics of Kobe shoveling shit, while Emily and her mother supervised, rather unsettling

Which is why I am done, so far, with this series.  Surely there is ONE PERSON in Sharp Productions who could say, "hmmmm.....maybe having these white people import people of color work for free seems a little, okay a lot, like slavery?  Then berate them (can't work for months) for something they have no control over?  Then threaten to "send them back" like they are a pair of jeans that don't fit?

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9
On 6/3/2022 at 9:20 PM, bref said:

I didn't think it was possible for someone to outdo Ari in entitlement, sour personality, and abusing her partner, but Emily has surpassed her. She harangues Kobe nonstop as the man tries to work, amd when he finally snaps and says what we have ALL been thinking, she whines that he's rude?? I literally CANNOT watch her any more.

She needs to clomp her fat ass to the house and stay there. She's only good at bitching at Kobe nonstop and slinging her ginormous breasts out for all to see.  Her and her parents need to realize slavery is over. Despicable morons. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5
On 6/6/2022 at 9:23 AM, Boston said:

Maybe Ari needs to save her disgusting jealousy for when Bini cheats on her.  Jackass

There's zero between her two blank, expressionless eyes.  If it wasn't for mommy and daddy, I doubt if this snowflake would make it in the world.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, You There said:

Ari's face reminds me of a cartoon rat. There's nothing attractive about her at all.

Each time they show her (along with her age) I am aghast!!!  That hag looks 45, if she looks a DAY!!!  When she was driving and the camera was WAY TOO CLOSE, she's got so many wrinkles around her eyes -- um, her DROOPY AS F*CK EYES -- around her mouth....her cheeks appear to droop...her skin is mottled -- she's just an unfortunate looking lil thing.  VERY unfortunate.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Breedom said:

Who bursts into a room, briskly walking towards her target and then blurts out crap to the husband in front of other people?

I got the impression that this was the first time Bini had been paired with Melissa or any woman for training. He said something about the other times it was with guys so I don't think he was keeping anything about his workouts from Ari. Melissa WAS laughing until she realized Ari was serious in her ridiculous ranting. 

Is "watch my baby" Ari's equivalent to "hold my hoops"? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I went to Florida for a year and came back to Boston.  My friends loved my accent and I loved their southern accent. They always had me say beeah (beer).    I'm sure John has gotten some comments in Texas when he buys beer. 

Just now, kristen111 said:

The ideal would be ten months up North, two months down South.  If you could afford both. 😀

• Love 2
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I got the impression that this was the first time Bini had been paired with Melissa or any woman for training. He said something about the other times it was with guys so I don't think he was keeping anything about his workouts from Ari. Melissa WAS laughing until she realized Ari was serious in her ridiculous ranting. 

Is "watch my baby" Ari's equivalent to "hold my hoops"? 

The trainer was hovering over them so not sure what the potential for hanky panky was lol.

• Wink 1
  • Love 4
On 6/6/2022 at 12:00 AM, anoninrva said:

I think your'e dead-on.  Patrick has said as much a few times now.  Living with his brother is his choice, not John's or Thais'.  I don't think this will work out for him in the end, but he's chosen his path.

Maybe John was helping Patrick with a mortgage, if he had one.  We all seem to not know if they buy or rent.  It’s never clear.

• Love 5
On 6/6/2022 at 8:08 AM, gaPeach said:

Or maybe have your abled bodied daughter that is living with you, can get her fat ass in there and work.  Maybe that would be a solution.  I wanted to punch Emily in the face when she stood there and criticized everything Kole was doing wrong. Never did she or her lame ass mother step in to help and encourage him.  But from the look on her mom's face while she listened to her daughter disrespect Kobe, you could tell this is nothing new. Maybe she was happy Emily was focused on someone other than her.  I don't think Emily is limited to talking to her baby daddy like shit.  I think she does it to her whole family.

Exactly!   She followed him around bitching at him. 
And as a horse person, that barn/run-in/stall really bothered me.  That’s not just a day or two of poop.  That’s a 12” layer on the ground.  If mama can’t do it, make Emily!  But her parents have spoiled her to the point that they are afraid of her so that will never happen.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4