Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Get Off Your High Horse

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes she is Muslim however Bilal sees her as a less than Muslim because she is a woman...the religion is important to him but mostly he wants a mate that he does not have to explain the religion to and will go along with that male dominated religion so she may never have to go to the mosque with him but she has to abide by his rules.  

And from what I read, if a man even touches a woman, it invalidates the wudu.   I'd love to hear from a Muslim if there are any here, I'm getting my info from Google...

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

Or maybe have your abled bodied daughter that is living with you, can get her fat ass in there and work.  Maybe that would be a solution.  I wanted to punch Emily in the face when she stood there and criticized everything Kole was doing wrong. Never did she or her lame ass mother step in to help and encourage him.  But from the look on her mom's face while she listened to her daughter disrespect Kobe, you could tell this is nothing new. Maybe she was happy Emily was focused on someone other than her.  I don't think Emily is limited to talking to her baby daddy like shit.  I think she does it to her whole family.

I’m new to this show and don’t know names and where they met.  Did Emily meet Kobe in China?  I can’t believe he was attracted to her.  She probably got all dolled up, if that’s possible.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I think Bilal would be happier with a Roomba than he will be with a woman. A Roomba would passively agree with everything he says (because it can't think or speak) and its sole purpose is cleaning.

Could you have a word with my cheap knock off Roomba please, its sole purpose seems to be getting stuck under furniture.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Chloe Dog said:

And from what I read, if a man even touches a woman, it invalidates the wudu.   I'd love to hear from a Muslim if there are any here, I'm getting my info from Google...

That’s a good idea.  I know nothing also.  All new to me and interesting.

• Love 1
(edited)

No time to read through the posts and so forgive me if I'm repeating, but did anyone notice the chalk board in the kitchen?  Someone had drawn the kids and Bilal with happy, smiling faces, but Shaeeda's face was mean, angry, unhappy looking. 

Edited by Shauna
word
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 2
26 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’m new to this show and don’t know names and where they met.  Did Emily meet Kobe in China?  I can’t believe he was attracted to her.  She probably got all dolled up, if that’s possible.

Yes they did and she has put on a lot of weight since then so he may have found her attractive, who knows what he saw in her except a place to park his dick.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

Let me preface this by declaring my utter hatred of how Bilal treats Shaeeda in general but that's not what my comment is about.  There's a couple things she does that would lead to a conversation.  Scarf pins stuck in the couch for starters would no doubt end up stuck in my arm, ass, feet.  Find somewhere better to stick those, girl! They're big ass pins!  Second, at her age, why is she splashing around (and leaving it) like a fucking duck?  That was a lot of water.  All over the counter, all over the floor...  So, there ya go.  Come argue with me!

I suspect the drenched kitchen was done for filming.   She really doesn't seem like she would splash water everywhere, and leave it.    

How often does anyone shovel out that horse shed?    It doesn't look like it's often enough. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 6
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Emily lives in a world of delusion, She’s not the super mom expert she believes, She hasn’t done a damn thing alone, except maybe fly back to the U.S alone on a plane preggo. She’s taken over her parents living space, with Kovid/Kobin Toys all over,kid bookshelves, little tables, chairs etc. in the living room. 

Poor Bini, Ari just storming in there was ridiculous. She could have just picked him up outside when he was ready. You don’t need to meet every person your S/O has contact with that day. There was so no need to embarrass him like that.

I will never understand couples who are shattered when the other is around the opposite sex. 

Patrick driving gives me a panic attack, taking his eyes off the road to text & make out, for long periods of time. Not to mention they never wear seatbelts. They are gonna get someone killed. 

Patrick’s brother John continues to be my favorite cast member. 

Maybe Jibri & Miona would actually have money if they stopped spending it all on clothes,shoes & makeup. Not sure what the reasoning was for them to rent that White SUV when we’ve seen him driving that red truck that looks to be a fairly new car.

Maybe Ari needs to save her disgusting jealousy for when Bini cheats on her.  Jackass

• Love 4

I have rarely been shocked by this show, but Emily's mother actually shocked me.  They kept showing her lurking and listening, so I was waiting for her moment to stand up as the voice of reason.  BUT SHE SIDED WITH EMILY!!!!  What????  That cannot be real!  That whole family needs to take a chill pill!  Previews show daddy Emily angrily confronting poor Kobe about supporting the family.  What????  Dude can't work and is totally unfamiliar with the country or his options.  Dad needs to look to his disgusting daughter on that one. And I agree with the previous posters.  Mom can't muck, grown daughter is living off mom& dad - why is she not mucking?  Poor Kobe!  That guy is a no win situation.  

My Muslim knowledge is extremely limited.  But even I know you have to cover your hair and men/women are separated.  Where has Yve been living, under a rock?

Do y'all ever think about whether these folks read PT?  I don't dwell on it, but in the case of Bile, man, I hope he does!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

Or maybe have your abled bodied daughter that is living with you, can get her fat ass in there and work.  Maybe that would be a solution.  I wanted to punch Emily in the face when she stood there and criticized everything Kole was doing wrong. Never did she or her lame ass mother step in to help and encourage him.  But from the look on her mom's face while she listened to her daughter disrespect Kobe, you could tell this is nothing new. Maybe she was happy Emily was focused on someone other than her.  I don't think Emily is limited to talking to her baby daddy like shit.  I think she does it to her whole family.

Yes, there's some weird family dynamic there. Emily seems to have her whole family under her greasy thumb. Why? Mama Emily is just delighted to not be the focus of her hag daughter's attention. I said in the chat that she reminds me of the beaten down, cowed family members of the My 600 Pound Life fatties. "She gets angry if I don't bring her food". The whole bunch of them have given up and let Emily rule the roost. She was a "wild" teenager, probably sneaking out at night, doing drugs, and had a string of unsavory "boyfriends" (at least two of whom are in jail). She was probably hell as a toddler and no one ever corrected her bad behavior then, just gave in and let her have her way. And they're still rewarding all her bad behavior. 

48 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

She was slim and pretty when they met, and probably managed to slap a smile on her nasty, disapproving face in those days. 

55 minutes ago, Chloe Dog said:

You do wudu in preparation for prayer. If Shaeeda had done wudu then prayed before Bilal got home, that would be OK, she'll just have to do wudu again before she prays again. Not a Muslim but I read a lot. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Jibri is overacting.  When he does his individual interviews he reminds me of the young actors on the Disney channel.  He just seems lost but feels like he has to put on this bravado act that just seems fake.  Truckers can make good money, but Jibri thinks his career is really going to take off-after all, he's on t.v.!  He did acknowledge that he did some driving before Moana arrived so maybe he did save some money for all of their matching outfits.

A trucker with a CDL can easily make six figures.  A working musician would be lucky to scrape by with the equivalent of minimum wage.  Most don't.

I'd also love to know what kind of car gets 913 miles on half a tank of gas.  I'm lucky to get around 400 in our hybrid.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Mohamed is proving to be super-duper controlling. What does he care if she goes out with a friend?

Because it's unheard of in Egypt? The cultural differences are vast and apparently these two morons didn't discuss any of the important issues or expectations before (Yve) spending all that money on the K-1 visa. Same with Bile and Sheeda. 

Speaking of Sheeda, she has a smart ass mouth on her. I love it! Is the couch going to deflate? Yes, Daddy. No, Daddy.! 

Thais is a spoiled brat. She doesn't like the new house. Shut up, bitch and get to decorating that man cave so it doesn't look like a sea of beige with nothing on the walls like the last house. Keep yourself busy and go buy some accessories, Home Goods, Kirklands and Hobby Lobby are calling!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I think she does it to her whole family.

See, and this is where Mrs. Buzzsaw Hanson shows up and says "Who do you think you are?"  at the neighborhood picnic.  Or....I would not go to the picnic as I find them all unpleasant.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

No, Patrick and John didn't "sell" the old house. They terminated the lease and gave the keys back to the landlord. And they didn't buy the new house: they're likely renting it. Nothing wrong with renting, of course (my wife and I have rented our entire adult lives), but the two are not the same.

Actually I read on (I think) Starcasm that Patrick owned the house when he was previously married and received it in the divorce.  I suspect John moved in with him to help with the mortgage while Patrick recovered from the expense of a divorce.  He probably made a bundle on the sale of the house because Austin/Dripping Springs is a hot market, and I also think I read that he has purchased the house in Dallas.  I am wrong about the house in Dallas...it is rented (for $4,225 a month - are you kidding me?).  His house in Dripping Springs was on the market for around $800,000 and the Dallas house recently sold for $600,000+ (prior to the rental) so his Dripping Springs house was close to a million dollar house.  And, square footage wise, it is larger.

Honestly I can see a bit of Thais's point.  He apparently made all the decisions about the Dallas house without consulting her at all, although I think giving John the upstairs and them having the downstairs is a pretty decent solution to a roommate solution.  IF John goes upstairs and gives them their privacy, which probably isn't going to happen.

As for Emily and Kobe - we all know vacation sex is great...its just the reality of being at home together that sucks!

Edited by RoxiP
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I watch this show like this: Okay, that one is the worst. New scene appears on screen. Oh, okay, no...this one is the worst!  Commercial break, new scene. Oh no, I was wrong before this one is definitely the worst!

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Emily does this thing when she in her confessionals that drives me crazy. When she's talking she rolls her tongue all over the roof of her mouth so when you look at her you see chunks of tongue. Almost like a lisp but not. Hard to explain. 

Kobe, run. He misses everything about his home town and Family Emily is doing nothing to try to make him more comfortable. They knew damn well he wasn't going to be able to work until he gets his green card so stop harping on it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Opine said:

Previews show daddy Emily angrily confronting poor Kobe about supporting the family.  What????  Dude can't work and is totally unfamiliar with the country or his options.

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

...she reminds me of the beaten down, cowed family members of the My 600 Pound Life fatties. "She gets angry if I don't bring her food". The whole bunch of them have given up and let Emily rule the roost. She was a "wild" teenager, probably sneaking out at night, doing drugs, and had a string of unsavory "boyfriends" (at least two of whom are in jail). She was probably hell as a toddler and no one ever corrected her bad behavior then, just gave in and let her have her way. And they're still rewarding all her bad behavior. 

She was slim and pretty when they met, and probably managed to slap a smile on her nasty, disapproving face in those days. 

12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Kobe, run. He misses everything about his home town and Family Emily is doing nothing to try to make him more comfortable. They knew damn well he wasn't going to be able to work until he gets his green card so stop harping on it. 

I think Kobe figured out pretty quick that they had been doing zero work on that horse stall with the attitude of "Who cares? KOBE will just take care of it when he gets here!" (FWIW, a properly-maintained horse stall will have lots of nice, fresh hay with some clumps of poop here and there. What we saw was some wisps of old, stale hay with huge mounds of poop underneath.) Like Julia from last season, he's realizing that "Help out around the farm" really means "Do all the hard, icky tasks we don't wanna do, without pay."

What exactly does Emily's dad think Kobe's income is going to be??? It is literally ILLEGAL for Kobe to work for money until he gets his green card. Even after he does, he'll have zero US work history or references, which means he either gets modeling work (unlikely in lily-white rural Kansas), some kind of French-English interpreter job (again, not much demand for that in Salinas or the surrounding area) or a minimum-wage job at Walmart or a fast-food establishment to build up a US work history (unless he has some other job skills the show hasn't told us about). He is unlikely to be able to support a family in any kind of comfort for several years, minimum. Oh, and I'd be willing to bet that Emily's parents had to sign off on the Sponsor forms, which means if he and Emily get married and he subsequently goes on public assistance anytime in the next decade, they'll be billed for it. Emily and her family have been odious enough to Kobe that I almost hope he DOES do this.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
On 6/4/2022 at 1:26 PM, JeanJean said:

Emily's lack of empathy is appalling. It never seems to occur to her that Kobe could be homesick.

Ever since he arrived, she puts him through one test after the other: the sex test, the shoveling shit test, the making dinner with mom test, the impending let-me-see-you-drive test. I don't like to say this about other women but man, she's a bitch.

A hideously UGLY bitch at that!!!  F*cking cartoon character looking ass!!!!  She, like Bile, gets uglier every time they open their mouths.  Ugh!

• Fire 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 6/4/2022 at 10:26 AM, JeanJean said:

Emily's lack of empathy is appalling. It never seems to occur to her that Kobe could be homesick.

Of course not, cos murica that's why & he should just be happy that he's here.  It's a very common attitude amongst many Americans when it comes to people from other countries, ANY other country.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

Second, at her age, why is she splashing around (and leaving it) like a fucking duck?  That was a lot of water.  All over the counter, all over the floor...  So, there ya go.  Come argue with me!

And they pray what five times a day so she would be adding more before the last batch evaporated lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Sigh. So many thoughts... I think Bilal uses OCD as an excuse to be in control.  Over the years I had several students with diagnosed (not self-identified) OCD and their lives were really impacted by it.  True OCD is far beyond "I like things a certain way" and, unfortunately, many people claim OCD to justify things they do which is a real disservice to those who truly have OCD.

THIS!  He's just a neat freak who expects Shae to comply

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Maybe he could have asked why she did not want to go and he would have heard how he behaved last time and she did not feel comfortable there due to how he made a big deal about sharing his religion with her yet ignored her the whole time they were there.

Bilal and Mo are so into going to the mosque but dressed like slobs to do so.  Mo was wearing a t-shirt and Bilal was sporting a flannel shirt that looked like he got it at a truckstop gift shop next to the Skoal display.  I’m sure he would tell us it’s a designer version though lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

, I also think that she is doing some passive-aggressive things to specifically target him.  She knew there was a lot of water in the kitchen and, as someone already mentioned, why didn't she use the bathroom?

I’m kinda thinking that scene was producer shenanigans because Bilal had shoes on (likely so he wouldn’t have to step in the water) and he doesn’t seem like the type who would wear shoes in the house.  Hell I’m a slob and I don’t.  

• Love 3

And, to be shocked that she had to cover her head

It seemed like she was deliberately having hair protrude from the front and it got more pronounced as time went by.  With women like Shaeeda and the woman at the mosque showing her around no hair is visible.

And now we see why Bini can't tell Ari anything-her overreacting was amazing. 

I think she is so threatened by other women because just about any other woman would be a better choice for Bini and she doesn’t want him to see that.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

The Mother looks like she’s in another world.  Wake up woman and teach your daughter a few things.  Seems Kobe was brought over to spruce the place up.  I don’t think he signed up for this in America.  He had better in mind, not a broken down depressing filthy farm and a child attached to a boob he looked forward to enjoy.

Emily wins for my most hated person on the show this week. The mom: I "thought" I liked her at first, but I see now she's not what I thought. I thought she understood what a nagging beotch her daughter was being to Kobe in the barn, but then once Kobe hit back with his reply and I saw her disapproving look, that said it all. She sees things one way, and that is Emily's way. Is she afraid of her? Now I'm thinking she most likely doesn't like Emily nursing in front of the dad, but silence and passive behavior is golden. I mean really, yes, it's natural and all that to nurse but I wouldn't like my daughter to freely pull out her boobs in front of her dad. I'd ask her to just step into the other room. No big deal. But nothing to upset Emily. Mom's opinion doesn't count and she probably learned that throughout the years. Emily runs the show.

Emily likes to think she is a strong, powerful feminist. In reality, she's more like a silly, power-hungry controlling, insecure little girl in dire need of counseling. Now she's latched onto Kobe to use as her punching bag. The way she badgered him into thinking he had done a horrible thing telling her to STFU, which was done with no heat behind it - and in front of her Mom! - while she did nothing to cause his reaction is in my opinion abusive. Kobe knew he had a case for what he said, yet she wouldn't hear it. He finally gave in and had to basically beg for forgiveness, while she stood there glaring. Her intent is to break him and gain control just like she did with her parents. She holds the cards, meaning their son, and she knows it. She's despicable.

Can't stand her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

Actually I read on (I think) Starcasm that Patrick owned the house when he was previously married and received it in the divorce.  I suspect John moved in with him to help with the mortgage while Patrick recovered from the expense of a divorce.  He probably made a bundle on the sale of the house because Austin/Dripping Springs is a hot market, and I also think I read that he has purchased the house in Dallas.  I am wrong about the house in Dallas...it is rented (for $4,225 a month - are you kidding me?).  His house in Dripping Springs was on the market for around $800,000 and the Dallas house recently sold for $600,000+ (prior to the rental) so his Dripping Springs house was close to a million dollar house.  And, square footage wise, it is larger.

Very interesting.

When Thais complained that the Dallas house was small, he told her that it was bigger than the Austin house, but she didn't realize it, because it was two-story.  And, I thought that he referred to the Dallas house as the "million-dollar house," not the Austin house.  So, he is confused or lied.

Of course, the house we see is probably rented for filming and for security or privacy reasons.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I wish the female fighter had just taken her down/out to get her to stop. 

Melissa could have said, "Look, I'm not the least bit attracted to your scrawny little runt!" 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Did Emily meet Kobe in China?  I can’t believe he was attracted to her.  She probably got all dolled up, if that’s possible.

Yes, she was teaching in China and from the photos, that was about 50 pounds ago

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

EPatrick driving gives me a panic attack, taking his eyes off the road to text & make out, for long periods of time. Not to mention they never wear seatbelts. They are gonna get someone killed.

As someone who literally can't take her eyes off the road for more than two seconds without starting to veer to the side, I always hate that in TV shows and movies and all I can think of is, "Watch the damn road!" It finally dawned on me that Patrick has one of those self-driving cars, which I wouldn't be able to trust and would have total control over it.

15 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am also concerned (why do I care?) that she is nursing him to sleep and not reading paper books to him.  I had two kids on my caseload who were in fifth grade (one should have been in sixth) who were still learning letter sounds and reading at End Of Grade One.  I asked, when you were little did anyone read to you at night?  Nope, I watched Youtube (or whatever God Only Knows) until I went to sleep.  I had no kids at grade level, and that is fine - my superpower is helping kids to read, write, etc.  But geezaloo!  I can hear her now:  "Why is my son not reading well?  IT IS YOUR FAULT."  

I've been a bookworm ever since I learned to read (and always read beyond my grade level and faster than most of the class) and my mom had everything to do with that. She read to me every night and on the occasions she'd make a solo trip into town she would stop at the library and pick out several books she thought I'd like. I was always crazy excited when she'd bring home the stacks of books! I still have the first book I learned to read in school but instead of Dick and Jane it was Jerry and Alice. It's really odd that when I've looked through it I can actually remember reading it out loud as I was learning!

11 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

Jibri/Miona913 miles is a long-ass drive over frankly, some of the most boring country the U.S. has to offer.  There would have to be a heck of a good reason for doing so rather than the pie in the sky chance of their music taking off.  David is right, though; Jibri, get a real job!  He would have truck routes out the yinyang these days with the supply issues.  So Jibri has pressure?  The pressure is to grow up, make your own way in your own place, and quit looking like a clown.  

Years ago my aunt and I entertained the idea of pairing up and becoming a long-haul team because of how much money her cousin was making. That it, until my mom--and undoubtedly a couple of other assorted relatives--pointed out what a terrible driver my aunt is and did I really want her sharing driving in an 18-wheeler? These days, I can see doing video blogs and live-streaming the adventure, which Miona could do as a passenger, although I'm sure that would be an unpleasant idea to her.

4 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

I'm fairly particular and I remember reading something about Virgos and how it supposedly relates to how neat we are (and I do admit to being a bit anal-retentive). It was a humorous suggestion about about how to mess with people like me: you'll notice that your host has things like books on a coffee table at a certain angle and how you should "accidentally" bump them out of alignment. You'll notice your host's eyes darting at them several times and resisting the urge to rearrange them--which will be done immediately after you leave!

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

As someone who literally can't take her eyes off the road for more than two seconds without starting to veer to the side, I always hate that in TV shows and movies and all I can think of is, "Watch the damn road!" It finally dawned on me that Patrick has one of those self-driving cars, which I wouldn't be able to trust and would have total control over it.

That is me with tv shows and someone is in a hospital bed and the siderails are down.  PULL THEM AND LOCK THEM INTO PLACE!  Grandpa could tumble right out of there!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kath94 said:

I think it's much more about the compliance than the neatness. The more rebuked and devalued he can make her feel, the better he likes it. (Although I have a sneaking suspicion she's part of this game, too. She has to get something out of it, or she'd already be gone.)

14 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Sorry for being irreverent but all I can think of when they mentioned "wudu" was "who do that wudu that you do so well" 

Thank God someone said it. I've been champing at the bit.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jel said:

I watch this show like this: Okay, that one is the worst. New scene appears on screen. Oh, okay, no...this one is the worst!  Commercial break, new scene. Oh no, I was wrong before this one is definitely the worst!

I'm apologizing now.. Yes.. I was brought up a little north of Boston.  NO, I do not talk like John (my dad was from Baltimore - my mother, meh.. she still says baathroom).  Please don't lump all of us in that BAWSTAWN category.  Some of us want to make it out.  And did.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Sorry for being irreverent but all I can think of when they mentioned "wudu" was "who do that wudu that you do so well" 

Me, too!

• LOL 3

I so wished Kobe dumped a big old pile of horseshit on Emily's head, god she is insufferable. I find it also interesting that daddy Emily was like I am not supporting them, yet he probably had to be the co-sponsor for his K-1.  It would drive me bonkers to wake up every morning to see toys all over my living room floor.  Thais needs to STFU also, she keeps saying her house and I am pretty sure she gave zero dollars for it and could not stop complaining, maybe she should re-watch a couple of older season's of some of the dumps (ie, Danyelle) subjected their potential mates too.    

• Like 2
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I so wished Kobe dumped a big old pile of horseshit on Emily's head, god she is insufferable. I find it also interesting that daddy Emily was like I am not supporting them, yet he probably had to be the co-sponsor for his K-1.  It would drive me bonkers to wake up every morning to see toys all over my living room floor.  Thais needs to STFU also, she keeps saying her house and I am pretty sure she gave zero dollars for it and could not stop complaining, maybe she should re-watch a couple of older season's of some of the dumps (ie, Danyelle) subjected their potential mates too.    

She is so unpleasant.  I guess Patrick must put a high value on the sex but they are still in the honeymoon and the luster will dull.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

This Week’s Winners and Losers:

Winner: Father Jabroni, who gets a well-deserved respite from having to walk around the house blindfolded, now that Jabroni and Miona are on a trip to The Promised Land Chicago. Meanwhile, the minute Jabroni and his lovely fiancée stepped foot out of the house, Mother Jabroni called the locksmith in order to get the locks changed.

Honorable Mention: The Shirt Shack, which has experienced a real uptick in business (see matching corduroy jackets) with the arrival of Jabroni and Miona to Rapid City.

Loser: Emily’s mother, who lulled us into a false sense of security with her good looks and long, lustrous hair, but showed her hand when she was defending the actions of her hose-beast water buffalo daughter. She needs to put down the Kool-Aid and come to the realization that her daughter is a nasty bitch who would profit from a Shut The Fuck Up suppository.

Next Week: In a drunken stupor, John (from Bawstin🎶) mistakes the pocket puppy for a shower puff and ends up drowning the poor pup in the outdoor water feature into which John falls when one of the frat bros tells him that there is a six pack of beer waiting for him at the bottom.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 6/4/2022 at 11:11 AM, MrBuhBye said:

And the mom said it’s hard to get people to come over and help.

I think what Mom Emily said was "we don't get many offers of help around here" and I 100% read this as subtle shade towards her daughter 😂

She needs to be told to shut the fuck up more often. I'm not sure why they're all so scared of her. I don't even think the baby is effective leverage because where would she go if she left? Who the fuck would have her?! She wins The Worst award this week, I think.

• Applause 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, RoxiP said:

onestly I can see a bit of Thais's point.  He apparently made all the decisions about the Dallas house without consulting her at all, although I think giving John the upstairs and them having the downstairs is a pretty decent solution to a roommate solution.  IF John goes upstairs and gives them their privacy, which probably isn't going to happen.

I can see John making regular trips downstairs to the kitchen for another cold brewski . . .  And, having dudes over partying constantly.  He doesn't look like the type to understand boundaries.

• Love 5

Mohammed thinks that if Yve learns more about his religion that maybe she will WANT to convert.  Are you joking?  What female, after living as a free American woman, would seriously desire embracing a culture that suppresses women to that degree?  I remember there was a young woman from this franchise who did it, but it seemed more like she was following a fad or something.  Yve ain't gonna want to throw those bikinis away, for sure. 

• Applause 5
  • Love 6

In the previews we saw John opening the door to the housewarming guests. All women!  I wonder what bar they were in when production approached them about getting free drinks and having the chance to be on TV. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

She is so unpleasant.  I guess Patrick must put a high value on the sex but they are still in the honeymoon and the luster will dull.

Sex isn't worth that bitch

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Jibri's buddy seems like a real asshole, but he's the one with the money and the contacts, so . . .

I'm thinking that Bini's MMA school is just there to collect tuition and tell you how you're destined for MMA stardom.  We shall see.  And, Ari, checking emails while playing with your son on the playground is not the way you work from home, telecommute, whatever.  It is usually expected that you will dedicate a certain amount of time with 100% focus on your job duties. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Mohammed thinks that if Yve learns more about his religion that maybe she will WANT to convert.  Are you joking?  What female, after living as a free American woman, would seriously desire embracing a culture that suppresses women to that degree?  I remember there was a young woman from this franchise who did it, but it seemed more like she was following a fad or something.  Yve ain't gonna want to throw those bikinis away, for sure. 

SMH so it's spinning out of control.  EXACTLY.  Yve needs therapy.

1 minute ago, suzeecat said:

Jibri's buddy seems like a real asshole, but he's the one with the money and the contacts, so . . .

I'm thinking that Bini's MMA school is just there to collect tuition and tell you how you're destined for MMA stardom.  We shall see.  And, Ari, checking emails while playing with your son on the playground is not the way you work from home, telecommute, whatever.  It is usually expected that you will dedicate a certain amount of time with 100% focus on your job duties. 

Note to Ari:  it's called GET A FUCKING JOB.  end of note

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

So, this week:

Bilalzebub and Shaeeda: I don't get the pin in the couch thing. Don't know if it is shenanigans or a fake conflict, but Shaeeda is way too old to just stick her pins in to the couch in case she needs them. She is pushing 40 years old and she should have some idea that it is not cool. It's okay for five minutes but that is about it. Easy to stop to the dollar store or Homesense/Homegoods and buy a small container to keep them in or even grab a small bowl from the cupboard. Maybe she gets off on some passive aggressive games with Bilal, but who knows. So what if she felt that going to the mosque was optional? I didn't get the water on the counters and floor. Wooden floors do get slick with water, but there wasn't enough to cause any damage. Maybe the two deserve each other.

Mohamed and Yve: In the two years they have been communicating/seeing each other, Mohamed has not made it clear to Yve that she is to convert to Islam? She just thought it was a few clothing changes and a couple of glasses a wine less per week? I would be hard-pressed in having a guy close to half my age ordering me around and expecting me to be his mommy who will cater to him and meet his every need. Guess a few things got lost in translation. Yve has little interest in going to the mosque or converting to a different faith. Her babysitter and boy toy plans are going very wrong. Mo also needs to get a grip on someone meeting *his* needs. No one can do that - I can't meet every single need of my partner. The relationship is rather dysfunctional and maybe it is time for a sit-down to see if there is any way for this to work. Otherwise, time to send Mo back to Alexandria to find a younger and more suitable wife.

Patrick and Thais: Did he tell Thais that they were moving to Dallas? That is a lot of change in just a few weeks. Coming to a new country, having an unexpected roommate, getting a new dog, and now a new place? Whether she likes it or not, Patrick's brother will be living with them for a while. At least the new place has two floors and there is some 'space'. No idea why they had to rent a house. They could have rented two apartments or condos for a while until they decided what they wanted to do. And no, Thais, you haven't contributed a cent toward the house so it is not yours. If you don't want John, you and Patrick can find your own apartment. It is what it is and it won't be forever. John and Patrick do need to set some healthy boundaries. If John is the party type and brings over a lot of people, Thais may get upset a lot. The party life will get old. Good luck to her.

Jibby and Mimosa: They're off to the big city on a half tank of gas for a 900 mile drive. Yippee! So JibJibs had some sort of truck driving job? Uh, why doesn't he still do it and work on his 'music' part time to pay the bills, get his own place, and plan his fiancee's dream wedding? Sure enough, Mimsy goes to the beach wedding travel site and learns that even a simple wedding is $$$$$$ that they don't have. She can save a few bucks on a used wedding dress from eBay. The whole band thing is a bit silly - the odds of making it big are low. They seem to have a certain not so mainstream fanbase. The band ego issues are also rampant. Jibby and his friend Daveed have some issues. Daveed doesn't like Mimsy or for storyline purposes, there needs to be a Yoko Ono girlfriend type. Jibsy can be replaced as a vocalist. No instrument? Easy fix. New lead singer. Miona will not get to California, and not be a new Kardashian. And now the band mates come to blows, with the space alien dude trying to break them up. Uh, Jibs, work on the music part time til the pandemic situation improves and drive a truck or do anything to make some cash.

Bini and Ari: Uh, the uninteresting saga continues. Now Bini is deciding to be an MMA fighter. Yeah, Ari, training takes many hours a day and it isn't cheap. Doubt your part time gig can pay all your expenses, plus childcare, etc. I assume the female fighter he was training with was producer driven drama because insecure Ari cannot deal with another woman possibly being respectful and kind to her husband, er, property. Her workout outfit was unfortunate.

Kobe and Emily: I too thought that Emily's mother would have seen her daughter's poor behaviour and spoken to her about it. But nope, just ennabling her. I don't know if even setting any boundaries would work as the ones now are flexiboundaries or they just put up with Ems because they have to. No, the daughter does not rule the house. I don't think Kobe minded doing some actual work but expecting him to deal with an animal he has never even seen or has any experience with is not the best plan. Who used to muck the stalls? If you can't afford to look after the horses properly and have help to clean out the stables, don't. Of course you know how to shovel the manure, Ems! Do it and show Kobe, not berate him for being slow. He is not your servant. Get him a wheelbarrow to make things easier. Did you deserve to be called out and sworn at? Yep. Should mom have told Kobe to apologize? Not really since the daughter instigated it. I feel for him probably having to marry her to have any access to his son. The courts still usually rule custody for the mother so he has little chance at full custody. Don't think he regrets his son but he does regret Ems.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

insecure Ari cannot deal with another woman possibly being respectful and kind to her husband, er, property

Yet it was perfectly fine for Areola to have her ex-husband stay with her and Bunion for a few weeks. I abhor hypocrites.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Yes they did and she has put on a lot of weight since then so he may have found her attractive, who knows what he saw in her except a place to park his dick.

Haha, good one.  Actually, what was I thinking?  He cemented the deal with getting her pregnant.  Hello, Green Card.  Plus, there’s always divorce after seeing that farm and her.

• Love 1