Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Get Off Your High Horse

• Start Topic

Jibri brawls with David in the studio. Mohamed expects Yve to convert. Thaís' hopes for a John-free future are dashed. Ari finds out Bini is sparring with a woman. Kobe snaps at Emily. Shaeeda thinks Bilal is a neat freak.

First Look: 3/6/22; TLC Full Episode: 5/6/22; Discovery+ Full Episode: 5/6/22

• Love 1
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

First Look: 3/6/22; TLC Full Episode: 5/6/22; Discovery+ Full Episode: 5/6/22

I am out for the season but always here for the snark, but I do need, not want, to see Kobe snap at Emily.  May have to get popcorn and a refreshing lemonade to go along with it!

• Hugs 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

So in the preview:

Bilalzebub is criticizing his fiance Shaeeda - again. He found some hairpins or something in the couch cushion. It is her home and she is the Queen of the home, but no more hairpins everywhere! The couch is expensive! Maybe go to Tiffanys and buy her a hairpin holder or something that she can put on the coffee table to store her crap. He is dressed casually and she is all dressed up - uh, Shaeeds, do you have any jeans and tee shirts. He then goes on about it being Friday and some religious service and they can go and learn more about the faith. She doesn't want to go.

We get Emily and Kobe in the scene that is going around Twitter (90 Day Fiance account). The fam wants him to help out so of course he can do the job that no one likes - shovel out the horse manure.  Of course, Emily has to show him how to do it properly. The guy has never seen a horse, is probably afraid of horses, and that really isn't the best job for him. Let him get to know the animals first. He must shovel a certain way and drop the manure in to the blue bucket - uh, why don't they have a wheelbarrow? Emily is treating him like dirt, her mom isn't much better, and he eventually snaps. Kobe seems to be a nice guy and a lot of women would consider him to be a good partner. Easy, mild mannered, helpful, etc. Emily deserved being sworn at. Her mother should not have stood by and maybe reamed out her daughter for being an uncivil, selfish, entitled ingrate. But high and mighty Ems calls him rude. Kobe, take shovel, grab poop and throw at her. Maybe mom and dad can look after Koban and you and Kobe can bond over horse manure.

Jibby and Mimosa are heading to the big city. His best friend and band mate hates her. Ah, typical band life. She's JibJab's Yoko. Too bad she has no money to enjoy the finer things about Chicago. Maybe the record producer will take them out to dinner or something.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Poor Kobe can’t do anything right when it comes to shit jobs: from changing the kid’s diaper to shoveling horse manure. 
I thought Kara was a real bitch last week barking orders at Guillermo making the balloon arch, but Emily was even worse! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Emily needs to micromanage everything Kobe does; otherwise, how could she constantly criticize him? I was unaware that there is a certain technique or instruction booklet on how to shovel horse manure. 

It is probably like shoveling snow. Use your knees to lift the shovel weight so you don’t mess up your back.

13 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Is that a tattoo of Mother Theresa on Jabroni’s Adam’s apple?

I have always thought it was the Man in the Moon. I can't help but think that would be a very painful area to get a tattoo

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I was unaware that there is a certain technique or instruction booklet on how to shovel horse manure. 

apparently there IS! Miona might also need to read it! 

image.png.3395ca865a23109589b21d35d939ab14.png

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 15

Watched him tell her to shut the f*ck up and it was worth every second.  And Mom just stood there and watched, in silence.  That spoke volums to me.  

Bile lecturing his wife was hard to listen to.

Egyptian Tim is more annoying - if that is possible.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Emily needs to micromanage everything Kobe does; otherwise, how could she constantly criticize him? I was unaware that there is a certain technique or instruction booklet on how to shovel horse manure. 

My question is how long since someone mucked that stall, it looked neglected to me.  I didn't even see much hay in that stall, seems like none of the Family Emily likes to muck the stalls and waited for Kobe to do it all.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
20 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My question is how long since someone mucked that stall, it looked neglected to me.  I didn't even see much hay in that stall, seems like none of the Family Emily likes to muck the stalls and waited for Kobe to do it all.

I think you are exactly right.  You must REALLY not want to muck it if you wait for someone to come from Africa!

Fun fact:  Back in 1990 I had a guy ask me out who was related the president of Cameroon!  I said no, just wasn't vibing on him in that way.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
clarity
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

It's pretty easy to predict what's going to happen with Kobe and Emily.  There's no way in hell he's going to stay with her for long.  Who could blame him?  The poor man can't even shovel shit without that fatass nagging broad harping on him.  She is so incredible vile that I can't see her ever with a decent man.  She has absolutely no idea how hard it's going to be for her after she drives Kobe off.  Being a single mother is one thing; a nagging, bitchy personality is going to make finding a good mate just impossible.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 18

Live-blogging the ep on D+.

Gotta love Bilal saying Shaeeda doesn't have to go to temple, but then haranguing her about it anyway.

I busted up when Shaeeda asked if the couch would deflate if she stuck a pin it. However, as someone above mentioned, it wouldn't be expensive to buy some pincushions for the end tables.

Emily is covered in three layers of clothing, but fear not: she'll likely find a way to whip a boob out.

Kobe wins the Internet for this week by finally telling Emily what most of the 90-Day fanbase has been thinking.

Did Jibri just tell Miona that he feels guilty for focusing on their relationship???

No, Yve: your friends didn't ask Mohamed about his beliefs. They were asking him questions about his sex life. Big difference.

Yve doesn't like wearing a hijab, which I get. HOWEVER, she's going to a mosque, which is a building intended for a religion which has its rules. Either respect those rules, or don't go at all.

Mohamed may have been open with Yve about his expectations for her dress and behavior, but it sounds like he wasn't honest about his wanting her to convert. Big mistake. Also, Mohamed: expecting your wife to put you first only works if YOU put HER first as well. But expecting her to prioritize your needs while you ignore her needs? Guaranteed recipe for failure.

Was Ari under the impression that Bini's MMA training wouldn't consume his days? Bini is attempting to become a professional athlete, which requires both a lot of talent and a lot of hard work. Dillettantes don't last long in professional athletics, no matter the sport.

Thais is right: She and Patrick are trying to start a new life together. Having John nearby is fine, but he shouldn't be living in the same home. This goes double when Thais and John dislike each other.

Jibri: You have a much better chance of earning a living by driving trucks than by making music.* Most professional musicians struggle to eke out a living, and many have side jobs as well. For every Paul Stanley or Beyoncé or Trent Reznor, there are literally thousands of talented musicians toiling away in near-poverty. If your truck company-owning friend offers you a truck, TAKE IT. 

OMG. Did Bilal just complain about water near the kitchen sink? And if a teaspoon or two of water will make your floors buckle, your floors need better wood and better sealant.

Emily's self-righteousness is off the charts. If you want Kobe to be respectful towards you, that's great! But you have to be respectful to him as well, which you haven't.

Couldn't the makeup people have touched up John's cold sore just a little?

No, Patrick and John didn't "sell" the old house. They terminated the lease and gave the keys back to the landlord. And they didn't buy the new house: they're likely renting it. Nothing wrong with renting, of course (my wife and I have rented our entire adult lives), but the two are not the same.

Mohamed is proving to be super-duper controlling. What does he care if she goes out with a friend?

Ari: A female MMA trainer will have zero sexual interest in a guy she's training. Business is business. Cool your jets.

*Frank Zappa was once asked what someone needed to make a living as a composer. His answer (paraphrased): "You'll need a real estate license, because you have to make money to live and it ain't gonna come from composing."

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The only thing more ridiculous than Ari's jealousy over Bini sparring in a public place with the woman was Ari's ridiculous leggings and top.

I've only seen it in the Previews but I thought it looked like some kind of costume and was very unflattering 

• Love 4
(edited)

Emily lives in a world of delusion, She’s not the super mom expert she believes, She hasn’t done a damn thing alone, except maybe fly back to the U.S alone on a plane preggo. She’s taken over her parents living space, with Kovid/Kobin Toys all over,kid bookshelves, little tables, chairs etc. in the living room. 

Poor Bini, Ari just storming in there was ridiculous. She could have just picked him up outside when he was ready. You don’t need to meet every person your S/O has contact with that day. There was so no need to embarrass him like that.

I will never understand couples who are shattered when the other is around the opposite sex. 

Patrick driving gives me a panic attack, taking his eyes off the road to text & make out, for long periods of time. Not to mention they never wear seatbelts. They are gonna get someone killed. 

Patrick’s brother John continues to be my favorite cast member. 

Maybe Jibri & Miona would actually have money if they stopped spending it all on clothes,shoes & makeup. Not sure what the reasoning was for them to rent that White SUV when we’ve seen him driving that red truck that looks to be a fairly new car.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Emily is covered in three layers of clothing, but fear not: she'll likely find a way to whip a boob out.

I think she could whip a boob out of the top of a turtleneck!

Thank you for your recap, I think it is spot on and I have only seen the preview and now I am prepared for what lies ahead, oy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think she could whip a boob out of the top of a turtleneck!

Thank you for your recap, I think it is spot on and I have only seen the preview and now I am prepared for what lies ahead, oy.

So sorry, but I am not a fan of whipping out a boob in front of the world.  That child will turn out to be a brat just like Emily.  Kicking her husband out of the bed is more disgusting.   Why isn’t that child in a crib of his own?  Why is Emily treating her husband like a servant?  I wish he would leave her.

• Applause 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

So sorry, but I am not a fan of whipping out a boob in front of the world.  That child will turn out to be a brat just like Emily.  Kicking her husband out of the bed is more disgusting.   Why isn’t that child in a crib of his own?  Why is Emily treating her husband like a servant?  I wish he would leave her.

The boob whipping is awful, that kid needs his own space to sleep but that takes effort to put a child to bed and we know Emily is not the one to do anything difficult. Every time Kobe says Emily was not like she is now when they were in China I just do not believe she was all goodness and light with him, I think she was just a bossy and bitchy in China as she is in the US.

• Love 9

I am also concerned (why do I care?) that she is nursing him to sleep and not reading paper books to him.  I had two kids on my caseload who were in fifth grade (one should have been in sixth) who were still learning letter sounds and reading at End Of Grade One.  I asked, when you were little did anyone read to you at night?  Nope, I watched Youtube (or whatever God Only Knows) until I went to sleep.  I had no kids at grade level, and that is fine - my superpower is helping kids to read, write, etc.  But geezaloo!  I can hear her now:  "Why is my son not reading well?  IT IS YOUR FAULT."  

• Sad 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The boob whipping is awful, that kid needs his own space to sleep but that takes effort to put a child to bed and we know Emily is not the one to do anything difficult. Every time Kobe says Emily was not like she is now when they were in China I just do not believe she was all goodness and light with him, I think she was just a bossy and bitchy in China as she is in the US.

Yes, and what really cracks me up is she’s in her parents home and treating it like her own by taking over.  What’s with that Mother too?  She lets Emily run her own house?  Lots of disfunction there.

Btw, what’s with the foreigners calling their significant others Babe or Baby?  Is that the first thing they learn?

No nookie for Patrick tonight.  She doesn’t like the house.  John either.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am also concerned (why do I care?) that she is nursing him to sleep and not reading paper books to him.  I had two kids on my caseload who were in fifth grade (one should have been in sixth) who were still learning letter sounds and reading at End Of Grade One.  I asked, when you were little did anyone read to you at night?  Nope, I watched Youtube (or whatever God Only Knows) until I went to sleep.  I had no kids at grade level, and that is fine - my superpower is helping kids to read, write, etc.  But geezaloo!  I can hear her now:  "Why is my son not reading well?  IT IS YOUR FAULT."  

Nothing to do with the show really, but that's so interesting to me. When I was a kid (many moons ago), we didn't learn to read until grade one. I still regard my teacher being able to do that as kind of miraculous, taking us from not-reading to reading.

Ari is psycho. What if Bini worked in an office? Would she need to know every single time he talked to a female coworker every day? Would she be insane about his coworkers wearing makeup.

• Like 3
  • Love 12

I knew it would only be a matter of time before Bilal called Shaeeda out for messing up his house.  He is way too intense. Their interactions make me very uncomfortable. 

Emily’s mom saying that her husband would never speak to her the way Kobe speaks to Emily is rich. I have a feeling she doesn’t speak to her husband the way Emily speaks to Kobe.

Thais should probably thread lightly with regards to John. Something tells me that if Patrick had to make a choice, he would choose John.

For someone who doesn’t appear to bring anything to the table, Mohamed is making a lot of demands.  Can’t help but wonder what promises Yve made to him.

• Like 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Thais should probably thread lightly with regards to John. Something tells me that if Patrick had to make a choice, he would choose John.

I think your'e dead-on.  Patrick has said as much a few times now.  Living with his brother is his choice, not John's or Thais'.  I don't think this will work out for him in the end, but he's chosen his path.

10 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Thais is right: She and Patrick are trying to start a new life together. Having John nearby is fine, but he shouldn't be living in the same home. This goes double when Thais and John dislike each other.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Nothing to do with the show really, but that's so interesting to me. When I was a kid (many moons ago), we didn't learn to read until grade one. I still regard my teacher being able to do that as kind of miraculous, taking us from not-reading to reading.

Ari is psycho. What if Bini worked in an office? Would she need to know every single time he talked to a female coworker every day? Would she be insane about his coworkers wearing makeup?

Emily even contradicted Kobe when he said the horses stink. "Are you kidding? Horses smell great." The only person who's going to have your thoughts and do everything the way you do, Emily, is you.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 13
(edited)

It's Knuckleheads' Night!

Patrick/Thais: The $64,000 question: Did Patrick carefully explain to Thais that he's a two-for; you want Patrick (why?), you also get John?  If not, then Thais is one hundred percent right, and life with Patrick was summed up tonight with "Live with it".  If Patrick did tell Thais about John, then she's the knucklehead.   The brothers' relationship might seem weird but it is their choice, and an arrangement they've had for all their adult lives.  Thais will not  win this one; she has to choose to live with it, or get out.  

Jibri/Miona913 miles is a long-ass drive over frankly, some of the most boring country the U.S. has to offer.  There would have to be a heck of a good reason for doing so rather than the pie in the sky chance of their music taking off.  David is right, though; Jibri, get a real job!  He would have truck routes out the yinyang these days with the supply issues.  So Jibri has pressure?  The pressure is to grow up, make your own way in your own place, and quit looking like a clown.  

Miona is finding out what I found in five minutes last week, that beach weddings done as I suspect she wants cost $$$$ and you're probably talking a year or so to plan, line up vendors, etc.  This wouldn't be just going down on the sand with a little trellis, with all the other bathers running around, and going to In-and-Out afterwards; oh no, she wants first class all the way.  Why can't/didn't Jibri just put his foot down before she even came, saying 'I won't have L.A. kind of money for years, probably never.  We're getting our own place in Rapid.  Take it or leave it".  Of course, Jibri, being unemployed, broke as a dish, and living with Mommy and stepfather wasn't in any position to bring her here in the first place.  That's what's so infuriating about them.  

Bile/Shaeeda: I could write a thesis, but to sum up: He's an ass and she needs to go home.  Did I do a pretty fair assessment?

Kobe/Emily:  That barn didn't seem very well kept up and not weatherproofed.  I also don't think I've ever seen a barn that filthy.  First of all, there is something called a wheelbarrow.  Your friendly Home Depot has many.  I used to work around horses, and we didn't get into a stall with one until we proved to the experienced barn staff that we knew what we were doing.  A horse's kick can kill someone.  No wonder Kobe was apprehensive.  

I wanted to smack the smirk off of Emily's face when Kobe apologized.  I was hoping he'd say, "You're right.   I was rude.  I should have said "Please shut the *&^( up!"

Yve/Mohammed: How in the world do you decide to bring over a Muslim to marry and not even discuss religion?  She knew nada about his "rules", even if they seem like cherry-picking.  And he's also at fault in that he never mentioned "By the way, you'll have to become a Muslim for us to marry".  

My husband and I are of different faiths: me, a very nonpracticing Jew attracted to the service aspect of the Society of Friends (Quakers), my husband was and is a conservative Christian.  For us, it was not about conversion (converting to Judaism formally takes a lot of study, often for years), or rules imposed by one onto the other.  We found ways in which our beliefs and values overlapped and were compatible.  It also helped that neither of us were dogmatic and uncompromising.

I contrast this with the New Mexico Knotheads: They're doomed because they simply don't have anything in common.  She would have to become a whole new person to make it work.  Much easier to admit "Whoops, we were just horny" and go their separate ways.  

Ari/Bini: The horror!  Bini training with a woman!  That woman looked like she could snap him in half.  I can tell you from my classes in martial arts that sparring and throwing someone of the opposite sex around is about as far from sexy as you can get.  It's all business, but of course, Ari is a shrieking harridan.  Will he never be able to work with women?  And what if he himself didn't know he would be paired with a woman-would he have to call her for permission?  Doomed, I say, with Avi paying the price for a moment of passion in Addis.

Edited by AR Traveler
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

I think Bilal would be happier with a Roomba than he will be with a woman. A Roomba would passively agree with everything he says (because it can't think or speak) and its sole purpose is cleaning.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I think Bilal would be happier with a Roomba than he will be with a woman. A Roomba would passively agree with everything he says (because it can't think or speak) and its sole purpose is cleaning.

He’d probably be too paranoid that it would mark up his precious floors or bump into a wall…. That house is beautiful, but gives off a stale vibe,like nothing fun or meaningful ever happens there 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

He’d probably be too paranoid that it would mark up his precious floors or bump into a wall…. That house is beautiful, but gives off a stale vibe,like nothing fun or meaningful ever happens there 

The house is such a blank slate.  His kids must be terrified they might disturb a dust particle when they are there. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Let me preface this by declaring my utter hatred of how Bilal treats Shaeeda in general but that's not what my comment is about.  There's a couple things she does that would lead to a conversation.  Scarf pins stuck in the couch for starters would no doubt end up stuck in my arm, ass, feet.  Find somewhere better to stick those, girl! They're big ass pins!  Second, at her age, why is she splashing around (and leaving it) like a fucking duck?  That was a lot of water.  All over the counter, all over the floor...  So, there ya go.  Come argue with me!

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Chloe Dog said:

Let me preface this by declaring my utter hatred of how Bilal treats Shaeeda in general but that's not what my comment is about.  There's a couple things she does that would lead to a conversation.  Scarf pins stuck in the couch for starters would no doubt end up stuck in my arm, ass, feet.  Find somewhere better to stick those, girl! They're big ass pins!  Second, at her age, why is she splashing around (and leaving it) like a fucking duck?  That was a lot of water.  All over the counter, all over the floor...  So, there ya go.  Come argue with me!

My question is if Wudu means you have to wash your feet, face, etc...why wouldn't she use the bathroom? She was just wetting her feet, not exactly washing with soap, with her flexibility I would have thought she could at least put a foot in the sink to wash properly, right?  Maybe this is production trying to make drama?

As far as the pins go, I would not like my sofa used as a pin cushion either but his way of communicating his displeasure was scary.  He takes things to an odd level, when she said she was not interested in going to church that evening his response was about him not showering for 3 days and how miserable she would be smelling the BO...apples and oranges.  Maybe he could have asked why she did not want to go and he would have heard how he behaved last time and she did not feel comfortable there due to how he made a big deal about sharing his religion with her yet ignored her the whole time they were there.

• Like 2
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In China they had fun. They drank and partied and had sex and were carefree. She herself says she was cute and sexy and Kobe was cute and sexy and they had sexy time and lots of laughs. Kobe has come to the US to a slatternly, sloppy harridan who constantly carps and nags and belittles him. The poor man is reeling. He doesn't know which way is up. The only thing he knows is that he loves his son and if he and Emily don't get married he will never see that kid again. She's already using him as a club to beat Kobe with. I hate her. 

7 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

Jibri/Miona913 miles is a long-ass drive over frankly, some of the most boring country the U.S. has to offer.  There would have to be a heck of a good reason for doing so rather than the pie in the sky chance of their music taking off.  David is right, though; Jibri, get a real job!  He would have truck routes out the yinyang these days with the supply issues.  So Jibri has pressure?  The pressure is to grow up, make your own way in your own place, and quit looking like a clown.  

Miona is finding out what I found in five minutes last week, that beach weddings done as I suspect she wants cost $$$$ and you're probably talking a year or so to plan, line up vendors, etc.  This wouldn't be just going down on the sand with a little trellis, with all the other bathers running around, and going to In-and-Out afterwards; oh no, she wants first class all the way.  Why can't/didn't Jibri just put his foot down before she even came, saying 'I won't have L.A. kind of money for years, probably never.  We're getting our own place in Rapid.  Take it or leave it".  Of course, Jibri, being unemployed, broke as a dish, and living with Mommy and stepfather wasn't in any position to bring her here in the first place.  That's what's so infuriating about them.  

I can't get exercised over their storyline because it is so blatantly fake. We'll have a couple of scenes of Miona trying to organize her beach wedding, realizing that it can't be done, and we'll get the usual sad, thrown together wedding in some shitty park. Giving them a storyline for another season, with the well worn "second wedding in home country" plot device as the starting point. I think Miona and Jibri are giggling helplessly and merrily depositing their checks from Sharp productions as they angle for a spot on Pillow Talk or Happily Ever After. They're terrible actors for one thing. Oh, and Jibri's friend Daveed? Toxic as fuck. But he's just a retread of what's his name's band buddies, what was his name, the guy who married the Frozen Finn? Any guy on this blasted hellscape of a show who's in a "band" has to have buddies who cast their girlfriends as some heinous combination of Yoko Ono and Lucrezia Borgia. Its so tired. 

12 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

As far as the pins go, I would not like my sofa used as a pin cushion either but his way of communicating his displeasure was scary.  He takes things to an odd level, when she said she was not interested in going to church that evening his response was about him not showering for 3 days and how miserable she would be smelling the BO...apples and oranges.  Maybe he could have asked why she did not want to go and he would have heard how he behaved last time and she did not feel comfortable there due to how he made a big deal about sharing his religion with her yet ignored her the whole time they were there.

Its her religion too. 

• Like 5
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Its her religion too. 

Yes she is Muslim however Bilal sees her as a less than Muslim because she is a woman...the religion is important to him but mostly he wants a mate that he does not have to explain the religion to and will go along with that male dominated religion so she may never have to go to the mosque with him but she has to abide by his rules.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 6/4/2022 at 2:11 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah the mom said she can’t do it physically anymore and Emily said she hasn’t done it in years.  And the mom said it’s hard to get people to come over and help.  Maybe it’s time to not have a hobby farm if you can no longer properly care for the animals.  Also Emily has been rude all season and now she claims he is rude lol.

I don’t know much about farms, but but the condition of theirs was appalling.  I felt bad for the horses more than the humans.  They deserve better.  The Mother looks like she’s in another world.  Wake up woman and teach your daughter a few things.  Seems Kobe was brought over to spruce the place up.  I don’t think he signed up for this in America.  He had better in mind, not a broken down depressing filthy farm and a child attached to a boob he looked forward to enjoy.  Maybe he got a snippet of boob for being a good boy after cleaning up slop.  Crass, I know, but I just can’t with Emily.

• Love 3

Sigh. So many thoughts... I think Bilal uses OCD as an excuse to be in control.  Over the years I had several students with diagnosed (not self-identified) OCD and their lives were really impacted by it.  True OCD is far beyond "I like things a certain way" and, unfortunately, many people claim OCD to justify things they do which is a real disservice to those who truly have OCD.  However, I also think that she is doing some passive-aggressive things to specifically target him.  She knew there was a lot of water in the kitchen and, as someone already mentioned, why didn't she use the bathroom?

Emily is horrible.  Her mom basically agreed with Kobe when he was explaining why he ran out of patience (she said that she knew Emily could be overbearing, etc.) but then she had to turn it around on him by stating that her husband would never speak to her that way.  Take some responsibility for enabling your horrible daughter. I really hope that Kobe speaks to an attorney at some point so that he will understand (and act upon) that he has parental rights.  I really think that for Covid's sake that Kobe gets some type of custody if not primary custody.

There are some deep, deep traumatic issues that bind John and Patrick beyond being just brothers.  Theis better figure that out right away or she will be the one in a different dwelling.  I really wish that John was not a part of the show as there is some deep stuff that he is dealing with and being filmed only adds to the stress.

Yve continues to bother me more than Mohammed.  I do think Mohammed told her his expectations when she was in Egypt but that she only heard yada, yada, yada and probably thought she could just ignore what he said (or get him to change his mind) in order to get the sex and babysitter services she thought she was buying.  And, to be shocked that she had to cover her head and go to a separate area in the mosque is ridiculous for someone her age and experience (i.e. education, multiple trips to Egypt, and just generally being alive).  I think she knew exactly who Mohammed was but didn't care.  Well, now she's seeing that he isn't going to change and she got what she got.

Jibri is overacting.  When he does his individual interviews he reminds me of the young actors on the Disney channel.  He just seems lost but feels like he has to put on this bravado act that just seems fake.  Truckers can make good money, but Jibri thinks his career is really going to take off-after all, he's on t.v.!  He did acknowledge that he did some driving before Moana arrived so maybe he did save some money for all of their matching outfits.

And now we see why Bini can't tell Ari anything-her overreacting was amazing.  I felt for the gym people as they just seemed like they couldn't believe her when she came in and started causing a scene.  I wish the female fighter had just taken her down/out to get her to stop.  Ari also exposed a lot of information: she admitted that Bini worked all of the time when she was with him in Ethiopia/Kenya, she implied that she didn't think she would have to get a job (although she ended up getting one with a "friend"), and she really showed that there was no basis to think Bini was cheating on her when she was in the U.S. as he doesn't have to do a single thing before being accused of cheating/lying.  Bini finally showed his true feelings about her when she stormed off; I can't quite remember what he said but it did show he is putting up with her for Avi/being in the U.S.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11
On 6/4/2022 at 2:11 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah the mom said she can’t do it physically anymore and Emily said she hasn’t done it in years.  And the mom said it’s hard to get people to come over and help.  Maybe it’s time to not have a hobby farm if you can no longer properly care for the animals.  Also Emily has been rude all season and now she claims he is rude lol.

Or maybe have your abled bodied daughter that is living with you, can get her fat ass in there and work.  Maybe that would be a solution.  I wanted to punch Emily in the face when she stood there and criticized everything Kole was doing wrong. Never did she or her lame ass mother step in to help and encourage him.  But from the look on her mom's face while she listened to her daughter disrespect Kobe, you could tell this is nothing new. Maybe she was happy Emily was focused on someone other than her.  I don't think Emily is limited to talking to her baby daddy like shit.  I think she does it to her whole family.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11
(edited)
19 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

No, Patrick and John didn't "sell" the old house. They terminated the lease and gave the keys back to the landlord. And they didn't buy the new house: they're likely renting it. Nothing wrong with renting, of course (my wife and I have rented our entire adult lives), but the two are not the same.

Actually I read on (I think) Starcasm that Patrick owned the house when he was previously married and received it in the divorce.  I suspect John moved in with him to help with the mortgage while Patrick recovered from the expense of a divorce.  He probably made a bundle on the sale of the house because Austin/Dripping Springs is a hot market, and I also think I read that he has purchased the house in Dallas.  Nope, the Dallas house is a rental.  Sorry!

Edited by RoxiP
  • Like 2
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

There are some deep, deep traumatic issues that bind John and Patrick beyond being just brothers.  Theis better figure that out right away or she will be the one in a different dwelling.  I really wish that John was not a part of the show as there is some deep stuff that he is dealing with and being filmed only adds to the stress.

At first I thought John was a punk.  Then realized he was in pain when his tears started falling.  Now, I feel very bad about their upbringing.  They are sticking together until John hopefully finds a mate.  In the meantime, why didn’t they but a two family home, or have one built?  John upstairs, the other two have the whole downstairs to themselves.  My Parents owned a two family, and my husband and I lived upstairs for six years before we bought our own home.  It worked.  John needs the love from a kind and understanding woman.  My heart breaks for him.  She should be less selfish, but seems like a spoiled brat with a cold heart.  ( forgot Miss Priss’s name for a moment).

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 4
  • Love 5