Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Unclassified Debriefings

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Comparison topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Can this become its own forum rather than a sub forum of The Rookie so the Rookie forum won't light up as unread when someone posts in this forum that I have no intention of watching.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

Can this become its own forum rather than a sub forum of The Rookie so the Rookie forum won't light up as unread when someone posts in this forum that I have no intention of watching.

It is.
Maybe you followed the new "The Rookie: Feds" forum too and need to unfollow it?
I followed the new forum and get confused when it pops up in my Stream because the both begin with "The Rookie."
Having just seen Niecy Nash be brilliant in Never Have I Ever on Hulu, I'm not ready to give up on the new show just yet.

24 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

It is.
Maybe you followed the new "The Rookie: Feds" forum too and need to unfollow it?
I followed the new forum and get confused when it pops up in my Stream because the both begin with "The Rookie."
Having just seen Niecy Nash be brilliant in Never Have I Ever on Hulu, I'm not ready to give up on the new show just yet.

The Rookie Feds sub forum pops up in my Rookie forum as well. I haven't followed the Rookie Feds sub forum since I have absolutely no interest in Rookie Feds nor do I intend to watch it.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I also have not followed The Rookie: Feds and I looked for a way to unfollow it but that option is not there. I just don't want to see new posts for The Rookie only to find out it is new posts for a show I am not following. I mean does it cost the forum owners more money to make a new forum instead of putting it somewhere as a sub forum? It is like they are making me follow a show I have no interest in following.

• Applause 1
2 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

I also have not followed The Rookie: Feds and I looked for a way to unfollow it but that option is not there.

Maybe it started out as a sub-forum and when it got made into a new forum everyone was defaulted to "follow" by accident or because there was a presupposition that the majority wanted that?

Anyhoo on my Windows laptop:

image.png.645a5d2226248053062e09f558109b7f.png

And...

9 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Maybe it started out as a sub-forum and when it got made into a new forum everyone was defaulted to "follow" by accident or because there was a presupposition that the majority wanted that?

Anyhoo on my Windows laptop:

image.png.645a5d2226248053062e09f558109b7f.png

And...

Tried that. It doesn't show an unfollow option, only a follow one. I also followed and then unfollowed and the stupid Rookie Feds sub forum is still there 😡

Edited by christie

Screenshot below shows it is still a subforum on The Rookie forum.

714015916_ScreenShot2022-08-17at1_44_54PM.thumb.png.70acb32f7aed67bda575004a991f4a69.png

In the screenshot you posted there is no "unfollow" button for me. Probably because I have never told it to Follow.

See below:

1489919508_ScreenShot2022-08-17at1_49_22PM.thumb.png.3199c45aedb022b45751f72a9450876b.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It is most definitely still a sub forum.  No matter how many different ways we are given to 'unfollow' it, the fact remains it is a sub forum and there is no way to unfollow the forum.

In fact take a look at your 1st screen shot, right above where you wrote "click", it shows the path which makes it quite obvious that "Feds" is a child of "The Rookie"

In your case you probably did what the rest of us didn't and specifically chose to Follow the forum thereby giving you an option to Unfollow it (although I'll point out that even if you unfollow it you will by default still be following it because it is a sub forum.)

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
31 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

It is most definitely still a sub forum.  No matter how many different ways we are given to 'unfollow' it, the fact remains it is a sub forum and there is no way to unfollow the forum.

In fact take a look at your 1st screen shot, right above where you wrote "click", it shows the path which makes it quite obvious that "Feds" is a child of "The Rookie"

In your case you probably did what the rest of us didn't and specifically chose to Follow the forum thereby giving you an option to Unfollow it (although I'll point out that even if you unfollow it you will by default still be following it because it is a sub forum.)

I don't doubt that somehow your account (and maybe most accounts) that followed The Rookie are now stuck following The Rookie: Feds

• "The Rookie: Feds" is the show's title, which does, unfortunately, make it look like a subset of The Rookie: imdb.com/title/tt18076310

However, when I go to Browse forums (forums.primetimer.com), with The Rookie: Feds "followed," I see:

image.thumb.png.3d8b09201186473370173ae92d4528e3.png

But when I "unfollow" Rookie: Feds, I see:

image.thumb.png.4a0af5c5b786cb37bff424c262a378f1.png

@sharkerbaby, you can

1. Go here: https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/4378-bugs-questions-suggestions/
  2. Looking at the thread list, you will see that some have titles beginning with "[BUG]."
  3. Click the green "Start Topic" button to report the bug. 
  4. Type in a title beginning with  "[BUG]."
    Maybe you will want to title it something like: [BUG] Cannot Unfollow "The Rookie: Feds"
  5. In the box below the title, explain the issue.
  6. Click "Submit Topic."
    It will say something about waiting moderator approval.
  7. You can edit your topic before and after approval. 

I could do this for you if you have trouble with it, but then you could not edit yourself and would have to follow the thread, etc.

Hope that helps. 🤞

It is not a bug.  It is a subforum.  Your screenshots prove nothing other than you were following a subforum and then you were not.  Noone is saying you cannot purposely follow a subforum, what we are saying is that because it is a subforum of The Rookie.  Those of us that follow The Rookie are by default following The Rookie: Feds as least as far as new post indicators are concerned.  

Perhaps you missed where I pointed you to your very own screenshot that definitely shows the path for The Rookie:Feds which unquestionably indicates it is a child (aka subforum) of The Rookie.  

Perhaps you also missed b4pjoe's 1st screenshot that also shows with a doubt that it is a subforum.  It is even circled for you

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

It is not really a bug. Just a bad decision by a forum admin. Look at the path shown below. It is clearly a subforum of The Rookie.

897754021_ScreenShot2022-08-24at1_16_19PM.thumb.png.7b82335f25329068ada118de428e5b31.png

We should not be made to follow The Rookie: Feds just because we follow The Rookie.

• Love 2

lol, that is exactly the point.  We are NOT able to unfollow it for the very fact that it is a subforum.  

ETA:  But we would all very much like to unfollow it.   Hence the initial request to make it it's own forum so that we don't have to get the new post indicators

Edited by sharkerbaby
3 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

lol, that is exactly the point.  We are NOT able to unfollow it for the very fact that it is a subforum.  

And yet, as demonstrated above, I am able to unfollow The Rookie: Feds.

I will leave it up to you with this problem to start a BUG topic, since I do not have a problem unfollowing that sub forum.

You cannot unfollow it if you never followed it. We are not FOLLOWING it. But we get new post notifications for it not because we are following it, because we are not, but because it is a sub forum of the The Rookie forum. If it was broken out into its own forum we would not be getting new post notifications for it because again...we are NOT following it.

• Love 2

And yet, as explained to you above (and that you also admitted) you voluntarily elected to follow the subforum The Rookie: Feds and as a result have the ability to unfollow it.  Did you perhaps follow best practice troubleshooting practices and try to recreate our complaint?   You were halfway there but apparently didn't take it all the way.  Once you unfollowed the subforum The Rookie: Feds, go to the forum for The Rookie, you'll see the subforum, click into it, now take a look at that little bookmark looking thing that allows you to follow and usually unfollow a forum.  I'll lay money you no longer have an option to unfollow it.

Once again, it is not a bug, it is a subforum.  No bug report is needed and would be a superfluous and wasted effort.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Applause 1
16 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

And yet, as demonstrated above, I am able to unfollow The Rookie: Feds.

I did "Follow" it and then I went and "Unfollowed" before making the original post about this. I still get new post notifications for this sub forum because I follow the main forum: "The Rookie". I don't want new post notifications for "The Rookie: Feds".

Edited by b4pjoe

@SilverStormm  I apologize, you should have been brought into this discussion long ago.  Now that The Rookie: Feds has been picked up by the network, is in final production, and has a premiere date, can it no longer be a subforum and instead be treated as all other spinoff shows are and given its own bona fide top forum status?

I'm sure those of us who do not intend to watch or follow The Rookie: Feds we would appreciate if you could please convert from a subforum of The Rookie.  This action would be consistent with the status of all other spinoff shows take for example all the various shows in the NCIS franchise as an example.

Thanks.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Applause 1

Honestly, most spinoffs exist as subforums in the parent forum (example: The Walking Dead), to make it easier for members. Zero to do with costs or 'poor admin decisions'. In the vast majority of cases it isn't an issue as folks who watch the parent show often watch the spinoff(s). Currently, and ironically, due to an internal glitch, we are unable to create subforums for reasons I shan't bore you with. I'm not the moderator for this particular forum and I don't watch the show so this is the first time I'm aware of this conversation. It's no problem to pull out the subforum and have it on its own; which I have just done.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

This week's new episode of Finding Your Roots, 9.3 "Secret Lives," features Niecy Nash (and Carol Burnett).
It was, IMO, the best episode ever of the show; both Niecy and Carol shine.
pbs.org/video/secret-lives-/

Henry Louis Gates, Jr. helps comedians Carol Burnett and Niecy Nash decode scandals hidden within their roots, exposing secrets that their ancestors concealed and celebrating the virtue of accepting one’s relatives—whoever they may be.

• Like 1