Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: A Suitable Twist

• Start Topic

I wish they would have had the Red Robin guy be the guest judge.  He would have tried to plug Red Robin in all his comments - "that fringe reminds me of the long, thin, crispy fries at Red Robin" "I like the mini dress and do not think it is too short - actually it reminds me of Red Robin's fries, which are also bottomless"

LMAO...that yellow, it's like the yolk of an egg, which can be put on top of a red robin burger.  That design is sweet...much like the pineapple slice that can be put on top of your red robin burger.  That yellow brown beige tone is like the garbanzo beans we use to make our meatless Red Robin burgers.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 2

She may not have realized how ugly the finger gesture is

One of her audition pieces was a pattern of that finger gesture, and not aimed at men who treat women badly, but at a rival state in India where, she says, they treat women badly. Basically, she took a rude political (and probably religious, since her own tradition doesn't change across political borders) statement and sold it as a defiant feminist act, which, no.

I applaud the skill she's showing at playing into the established narrative of the victim surrounded by haters, and the producers seem to be evolving that role nicely. When "The judges are picking on me but I'm a plucky lone wolf who does not hate" didn't salvage Michelle's coronation, they moved on to "Oh, I am sore afraid and insecure when I'm not savaging people like a rabid weasel" for Helen. For 3.0 they've apparently decided it's safest not to show Sandhya's private thoughts on the subject of her fellow designers at all.

We do see her passive aggressive acting out, but that's supposed to be payback for the other designers, apparently, having negative answers when the're asked in talking heads what they think of Sandhya, her inexplicable success (and Zac needs to give up on checking inside seams in a competition where they're rewarding Sandhya's futurist 4H projects for anything) and the way she leveraged her immunity to screw her team that one time. So far, we haven't seen anybody sabotage Sandhya. In fact, we've seen her hand other designers significant disadvantages twice, which suggests that their negative feelings have at the very least the same basis in reality as hers.

So yeah, I give her credit for playing the game smartly (because she's been very successful at manipulating outcomes), and at playing the audience smartly. I still find her unlikable, and her clothes amateurish and cheap-looking. Also, I don't doubt for a minute that she's going to fashion week. The competition for the earned slots had better be interesting.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 3

When Hernan was saying that Sandhya was different when she wasn't on camera, I was thinking "when isn't she not on camera?"

Maybe future him told current him that they were going to cut all the bits where Sandhya is a total bitch to him so he felt confident in saying what he did.

Whatever. I'm so glad he's gone. I couldn't stand hearing him or seeing him or, well, anything about him at this point. But I'm sure they just didn't film all the good things he said and did.

Seriously, that comment makes no sense during taping. Sure, at the reunion (if they get to see the show before the reunion is taped) or in social media after the show has been, well, shown. But during the process? How does he know what they are and are not taping? Shouldn't he be more focused on his work? Unless he is following her to the bathroom in which case she should be a total bitch to him because EWE

• Love 1

I have hated all of Sandhya's outfits but I think it was fun that she got to pick everyone's terrible suits. I'm almost OK with them giving her the win last challenge just for that. 

As always, I comment on the runway before hearing what the judges have to say.

Korina: I like the jacket. It's a little like a uniform and has a slight flight attendant/Star Trek vibe but I'm into it. It's hard with such a bright red and black. Hate the skirt.

Char: Not impressed. What the hell was going on with the collar? I'm out on Char. 

Fade: It's not my favorite thing ever but I like the thought behind it. I just feel like there's a little something off about the proportions on such a thin model. She looks like she has a super long torso. I don't know what's going on. But good use of the suit.

Samantha: I can't really see any of the work because she made it in black. Try harder, Samantha. How about a dark gray?

Hernan: It's a little too open in the chest and the V is a little weird and it kind of feels like he had to incorporate a superhero symbol as part of the challenge... but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. I liked the back.

Alexander: He insulted my beloved Kini so I'm mad at him. I think his outfit was fine. Nothing special. But fine.

Mitchell: I like the idea of both concealing and showing the fabric of the suit with the plastic-y material he purchased at mood. I like the top of this dress but it may just be that it reminds of something else. Maybe a Derek Lam dress with stars. My memory is bad. The bottom bunches up more because of the shiny plastic. Still, don't hate it.

Sean: It was very messy but it a very boring way because of the color palette. I wonder if it would have been better if he had listened to "boring Sean" so we at least got a clean look.

Kristine: Meh. I'm not loving the sleeves or the pants. I wish she'd thought of something else. The body of the jacket isn't bad but the rest of the elements sink the look. 

Amanda: Hate it. It's like she's back in the movie theater challenge. The fringe looks like cassette tape. It's not artful. 

Kini: I think I would love it more on a model who wasn't so thin but I do like it. I feel like Kini is the version of Dmitri that I like. I almost wish the pinstripe popped more but otherwise, it's great.

Sandhya: I think this is the strongest look she's shown so far. I'm not sure I love it but at least it's a design and not just some hot mess or a normal dress with terrible zippers or robot pipes. It's quite possible that if this came from Joshua McKinley I would hate it. The moustaches are stupid though.

Emily: Poor Emily. I can't bring myself to care anymore. There are too many contestants. I need more people to get eliminated.

Kini turns out an awesome outfit that didn't take him the entire time to finish and he was proud of it. He reminds me of Shan from UTG. Shan would finish early and help out other designers and clean the workroom. I had hoped Kini would win.

I don't get the judges. Everything has been done before. Fashion is reinvention with a contemporary twist. I like that Zac brought up that Amanda's style is nothing new either.

Amanda used the entire time to make that fringe dress, which was lackluster and she's already done fringe.

Kini's dress looked as if he used all the time, as where Amanda looked as if she threw hers together in the last two hours.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

Hernan is way too bitchy without possessing the requisite talent to get away with it.

Is he a less talented version of Sandro?

I have noticed that first three episodes the winner has been Nina's pick.

Ugh. Even more reason to get rid of Nina. I swear, they're punking us. If it keeps going this way the winning dresses this season are going to be ridiculous when you line them all up. 

I also thought Sandhya was playing with a little Magritte or something - the mustaches and mustache cutouts seemed so witty

Nope. Maybe it's the circles I run in but I've seen enough freaking mustaches for a lifetime. It's not clever to just put a mustache on something.

And every time Nina says Vagina.  She seems to be obsessed with that word.  She's trotted it out several times this season already.

Maybe she's just trying to channel Kors. Honestly the man just said "vagina" and thought it was a joke. I'm so glad he's gone though I continue to baffled at the fact that his company and stock are doing fabulously.

And speaking of beech, I think Sandhya's exchange with Hernan was the result of a miscommunication. On one hand, I applaud her for not taking any shit. But on the other hand, I don't think Hernan gives the word "bitch" as much strength as most do. He tacks it on the end of every sentence, like "dude." He was a whineypants, but overall I think he's a good guy.

I've just learned to not get offended when a gay guy says something that could be construed as misogynistic unless it seems really malicious or it's just too vile to tolerate. 

Oh, and shut up Nina.

Ugh. I want that on a T-shirt.

I don't think Sandhya chose the suits that worked best for each designer. I think did it for some people. And for the others she just went with whatever. So I also don't believe that she specifically gave certain people the worst suits. Sean hasn't been mean to her (that we've seen) and she gave him the worst fabric. It was in a terrible color and corduroy.

• Love 1

I think Kini was robbed!!  I was cursing at the TV because Amanda's outfit was the exact same thing she does every week...fringes!!!  Didn't they notice that???

I didn't like Sandhya's outfit and in fact I'm not a fan of her and her passive/aggressiveness.  If more than one person is "picking on her" there's got to be a reason.  Where there's smoke there's fire!  I did like her picking out the suits for the others though.

Goodbye Hernan...thanks for playing.  Right now Sandhya is checking another name off her list.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 4

This could be my ignorance, but when someone says motorcycle jacket, I expect to see sleeves. To me jacket = sleeves and vest = no sleeves. Both motorcycle jackets this week did not have sleeves. Are sleeves hard to make? Too time consuming for this show? 

Korina's was sleeveless, but Kristine's had contrasting black sleeves with the shoulders cut out. However in a fashion sense  moto jacket is a style, not necessarily a literal jacket.

It was clear to me that Hernan thought he was getting away with really calling Sandhya a bitch -good for her for objecting. Just because gay guys think it's "cute" to call each other bitch, it is an insult when they call someone else bitch. He was insulting her.

And what was so bad about his suit? He should have traded with Mitchell or Seth. Sandhya's was worse.

• Love 5

It was clear to me that Hernan thought he was getting away with really calling Sandhya a bitch -good for her for objecting. Just because gay guys think it's "cute" to call each other bitch, it is an insult when they call someone else bitch. He was insulting her.

And what was so bad about his suit? He should have traded with Mitchell or Seth. Sandhya's was worse.

IMO, what was wrong with his suit was that Sandhya assigned it to him.  It didn't matter what suit he got, he would have hated it because Sandhya was the one who decided he should have it.  He was so positive that Sandhya would be out to get him and would, therefore, give him the worst suit, that whatever suit he got would have been considered the worst suit, in his opinion.

• Love 13

To whoever was asking about why the designers skip adding sleeves -- yes, they are difficult and time-consuming to make.  If they had two days, no doubt we would see more sleeves, but with only one day, those are the easiest feature to skip.  It's why Anya's outfits were all sleeveless; they require a level of skill she simply did not have.  

• Love 3

However in a fashion sense  moto jacket is a style, not necessarily a literal jacket.

To whoever was asking about why the designers skip adding sleeves -- yes, they are difficult and time-consuming to make.  If they had two days, no doubt we would see more sleeves, but with only one day, those are the easiest feature to skip.  It's why Anya's outfits were all sleeveless; they require a level of skill she simply did not have.

Got it. I'm too literal in my interpretation of jacket, and they are too time consumed to make an actual jacket. :)

If it has a diagonal zipper, it can be called a motorcycle jacket. 

Regarding Nina's job at Marie Claire, I don't know (nor care) what she actually does now as a Fashion Editor or whateverthehell since she doesn't have to "get coffee" for people, but every month in the magazine (I get it for free), she has a page of stupid shit that are her "picks". It's literally just hideously ugly, atrociously expensive designer crap. I'm completely convinced she's one of those women who I know far too many of that don't care anything about an item but the price tag and the label. But of course, it must "look expensive". There was a picture of Nina wearing a sack in a recent magazine, but I gave away the mag and forgot to scan the pic and show it to you all. She looked ridiculous in it, but I'm sure it was $4000, so it was the best thing ever invented.

In response to another post, I watch the show on the Lifetime app on my phone (you can watch on tablet, too), which I downloaded from the Google Store for Android. The show isn't up until sometime on Fridays, but none of the polls and crap are on the screen. There are a few commercials that you can't fast-forward through, but fewer than on TV. Captions are available.

Finally, good riddance, Hernan. He reminded me too much of Oscar from a couple seasons ago and gave me PTSD.

Really finally, is there a screenshot of the alleged middle finger? I didn't catch it; I thought Sandhya just pointed at Hernan.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 2

Is he a less talented version of Sandro?

Talent wise, I think they're about the same. Sandro made what looked like hooker wear. Unlike Hernan, I wondered if Sandro was four sandwiches short of a picnic. Hernan was bitchy, but didn't give me the crazy vibe.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

Uggghhh, I just did not get Amanda`s dress at all. When I saw it on the runway I was sure it was on the bottom. And she`s just so damn annoying. The judges need to stop blowing air up her skirt. It just makes her even more insufferable.

Also, did they shrink the Red Robin prize? I could have sworn that the winning designer had a change to design an outfit for the servers, Now it`s just an accessory? 

• Love 1

Also, did they shrink the Red Robin prize? I could have sworn that the winning designer had a change to design an outfit for the servers, Now it`s just an accessory? 

I thought it was always "an accessory for the servers".  So a scarf, or a pin, or something equally useless.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 3

Because I'm awake wayyyyyy too early on a Sunday morning, I decided to give the runway another look and confirmed my love for Fäde's creation. I would have substituted his dress for Amanda's in the top three in a hot minute.

Emily's look was really cute and deserved more attention than it got.

I find it interesting that the episodes so far this season have not had a blurb from Tim at the end about why he didn't use The Tim Gunn Save on the eliminated designer, though I suppose his "it had to be someone" dig at Hernan this week said it all.

I guess next week's Shocking! Double! Elimination! isn't such a shock now, unless it becomes a Shocking! Triple! Elimination! This would be okay with me, as it'll make it easier for me to remember who's who and thin the herd a bit.

• Love 3

Because I'm awake wayyyyyy too early on a Sunday morning, I decided to give the runway another look and confirmed my love for Fäde's creation. I would have substituted his dress for Amanda's in the top three in a hot minute.

Emily's look was really cute and deserved more attention than it got.

I really disagreed with the top three this week. I had no problem with Kini being in there, but fäde, Emily and Sandhya all seemed to create pretty special looks that deserved some attention. Until you see them in detail its hard to talk construction, but those four made the looks I remember in a good way after the fact and it bums me out to see fäde and Emily go four challenges with no credit. 

And I know the sponsors have gotten very low end, but looking over the pictures again, I wanted to point out that I like almost all of the shoe pairings. Sean, Hernan and Mitchell are the only three who chose bad shoes for their looks, though all their looks were awful so maybe that was really my problem. There seem to be more than one pair of each type of shoe since Mitchell and fäde's models are wearing the same shoe. No one is really using jewellery so I'm betting its pretty bad, but the shoes aren't as distractingly ugly as the Belk shoes were.

• Love 2
Heck. I posted an Instagram pic of Heidi's gown for tonight, thinking y'all might find a connection to this week's winning atrocity. Then I noticed a spoiler, courtesy of Heidi. Maybe. At least show-connected. Can't believe Heidi would be so stupid, but...

Let's just say there was a common design element shared between what won and what our favorite host wore tonight.

Going to vent my frustrations in the spoiler thread.

Edited by Milaxx

And I know the sponsors have gotten very low end, but looking over the pictures again, I wanted to point out that I like almost all of the shoe pairings. Sean, Hernan and Mitchell are the only three who chose bad shoes for their looks, though all their looks were awful so maybe that was really my problem. There seem to be more than one pair of each type of shoe since Mitchell and fäde's models are wearing the same shoe. No one is really using jewellery so I'm betting its pretty bad, but the shoes aren't as distractingly ugly as the Belk shoes were.

Saying it isn't as bad as the Belk wall isn't saying much.  The Belk accessory wall was just awful.  The thing is, I've been in an Aldo, and I remember them having handbags and shoes, but I don't remember much jewelry.  

• Love 1

bilgistic, you are absolutely correct about Nina's "picks" for Marie Claire. They're horrible! I worry about her taste level and think she has outlived her usefulness as a judge.

I liked Fade's dress very much, but the middle looked strange on his model. 

For me, Amanda = Gretchen 2.0 because like Gretch, Amanda sends inexplicably fugly garments down the runway that get over-the-top praise. While not as purely loathsome as Gretch, Amanda's faux modesty is equally as annoying.

• Love 1

OK, all of you who discussed Prince Matchabelli and his Windsong song, a plague on all your houses.  That tune has taken up (apparently permanent) residence in my brain.  I call down upon you the strains of "My Sharona."  

I'm sorry. Try singing the Gilligan's Island song to the tune of Amazing Grace. It kills ear worms.

• Love 2

Really finally, is there a screenshot of the alleged middle finger? I didn't catch it; I thought Sandhya just pointed at Hernan.

I re-watched today and it was definitely blurred out leaving the implication it was her middle finger.

Did anyone else notice the sign behind the Red Robin guy? It must have been a no parking area, the sign read "VIOLATORS WILL BE dipped in Ranch Dressing". 

• Love 2

Macarthur Park: Someone left the cake out in the rain, I don't think that I can take it, 'Cause it took so long to bake it, And I'll never have that recipe again.

IMO, what was wrong with his suit was that Sandhya assigned it to him.  It didn't matter what suit he got, he would have hated it because Sandhya was the one who decided he should have it.  He was so positive that Sandhya would be out to get him and would, therefore, give him the worst suit, that whatever suit he got would have been considered the worst suit, in his opinion.

I really thought Mitchell's suit was much worse. At least Hernan's looked like it was bought in a store at some point. Mitchell's looked like a homemade double knit polyester suit.

I couldn't believe Hernan thought he could get away with saying the fabric was disintegrating. Even if the judges didn't get a closer look, it was double knit polyester. That does not disintegrate.

• Love 1

Housekeeping updates:

• Moved a bunch of posts to the accessory wall thread. 
  • Nina does not currently have a thread. Feel free to start one. The thread titles are not carved in stone so if you want to change it in the future use the report button to request it.

Carry on!

Seriously, that comment makes no sense during taping. Sure, at the reunion (if they get to see the show before the reunion is taped) or in social media after the show has been, well, shown. But during the process? How does he know what they are and are not taping? Shouldn't he be more focused on his work? Unless he is following her to the bathroom in which case she should be a total bitch to him because EWE

"Behind the Scenes" info about Reality TV is weirdly fascinating to me so I happen to know that there are a lot of times when they're not filming.  In between locations, while they're getting set up, etc.  However, it's also my understanding that during those times the designers are forbidden to speak to each other.  (I believe the producers runniing around say "ice!" at them which means "shut up!"  I read this in an interview with someone who clearly no longer gave a damn whether PR liked it or not.  Too bad Angela doesn't want to give us behind-the-scenes info, but I get why she would be worried about getting in trouble.)  But maybe there are times when they can.  So I don't know if Hernan could really say whether Sandhya is different when the cameras aren't on, or not.  To me, I think he meant it something more like "when Tim/the judges are not around", but who knows.

Nobody's mentioned it, but I thought Heidi looked absolutely amazing at the runway this episode!  I don't know if I've ever seen her more beautiful.

I like Kristine a lot, I hope she gets her mojo back after this.  Alexander-style redemption please!  I thought the concept of Sean's was fine, but then he went and ruined it with the vertical side panels things which just didn't work at all.  I even thought Hernan's would have been good if he'd finished it properly. 

Kini made a Zac Posen so it's no surprise he loved it so much.  It was nice, for sure--the pocket thing Heidi pointed out was cool.  I agree that saying you finished early is never a good idea.  Kini didn't get the "look at this lazy fatso" edit that Chris March got when he finished early, but still, at least act busy, Kini.  I can't say I grasp the appeal of the long fringe but I did feel like Amanda made the best of a crummy suit.  I feel like Korina is getting one of the most negative edits I've ever seen but so far there is pretty much no reason why.

I didn't like the final product but I did think Mitchell's clear vinyl thing was a good move.  I will steal that one.  Sandhya's was surprisingly nice, give or take a tired moustache.  Overall the challenge was fine, to me.  No real connection to Red Robin, but that's for the best.  It was less ridiculous than the "eat froyo while winning carnival games and make a look based on your experience!" from I think the teams season?  I thought Zac was, for all his eye-rolling, back in somewhat supportive form this episode.  And I didn't mind the Youtube Sensation either; I see no difference with that and being Nina, really.  She wasn't great, but she was better than a lot of starlet guest judges.

Sorry my thoughts are so scattered, I'm posting from the road.

Edited by KimberStormer
  • Love 1

Amanda: Not good at all. She's done the fringe look plenty of times before, in her first season and also in this season. Sometimes her fringe look is okay, but not this. It just looks like a mess. I wouldn't have put it in the bottom three, but definitely the lower half.

Kini: In my top three, and also my winner. I really love the collar, the cut-outs, and how perfectly everything lines up. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the use of the pockets, which of course the judges loved.

Alexander: This was good, but not in my top three.

Char: This was bad! That neckline was awful, and the slit was waaay too short for a mini. Maybe it would've worked as a side slit? I'm not sure... Would've definitely been in the bottom for me.

Emily: I loved the pants and the bottom of the top (I think? I'm not sure if they're connected...), but the black top is weird. Is there a cutout in between it and the plaid tunic part? That models boobs must be really high up because I'd be having a wardrobe malfunction in that...

Sandhya: This is the first of her looks I really liked. I even liked the mustache, but it would've been good without them too. I'm really glad she didn't put them all over the skirt like I think she had planned on doing. This would've been in my top three.

Mitchell: I think he did pretty well for what he was given, but it's not very good. The shiny plastic and super short skirt comes off very cheap/borderline hookerish. Maybe it would've worked if it was longer.

Fade: This would've been in my top three, and almost tied with Kini for the win. Just gorgeous! I want this dress. I also want a super tiny waist so it would look like that on me, but whatever...

Korina: No, thanks. Skirt is too long, and the top is too boxy. Not my cup of tea.

Samantha: This looks like she forgot or ran out of time to add on the other sleeve.

Kristine: Oh, Kristine... I loved your look last week. The top actually isn't terrible. Those pants, though... If you ran out of fabric, why not just make them cropped pants. Or a skirt. Or shorts. Or anything other than those weird mesh things on the bottom. Bottom three for me, but I'm glad they saved you!

Sean: I didn't hate this. It would've been safe for me.

Hernan: I think I hated this a little extra because I knew Nina would talk about vaginas as soon as I saw it. Still, it was really bad, his attitude was piss poor, and he lied on the runway. That puts him in my bottom, and gets him a well deserved ticket home!

@ivy: She may not have realized how ugly the finger gesture is, or how commonly used the word "bitch" is.  But she certainly came across poorly. I think Hernan was right. She's not as nice as she tries to make herself look.

the narrative portrayed on this show is sandhya coming from india, unable to choose her own husband but yet still being very pro-woman's rights.  one of her outfits in the audition show had middle fingers all over it.

i think the word "bitch" to her means alot...so her reaction makes alot of sense.

• Love 1

I agree that saying you finished early is never a good idea.  Kini didn't get the "look at this lazy fatso" edit that Chris March got when he finished early, but still, at least act busy, Kini.  I can't say I grasp the appeal of the long fringe but I did feel like Amanda made the best of a crummy suit.  I feel like Korina is getting one of the most negative edits I've ever seen but so far there is pretty much no reason why.

I remember the edit of Chris March focused on him sleeping and Tim even went to go look for him. I don't remember Kini sleeping in the footage from this episode but yeah, they're pretty much all one-day challenges and you're stressed all the time. If you work fast, enjoy that. Take time to edit but don't feel bad about working fast. I love that he had matched up everything perfectly so there was nothing for them to complain about. Besides, that was always one of the things I liked best about Siriano in his season. He worked fast and generally did good work and was not ashamed of that. Everyone does not need to have a meltdown every week to be an artiste.

I think Korina and Mitchell looked bad week one and she seemed weirdly intense this week about the moto jacket thing but I don't think she's getting a horrible edit. I think they're just desperate for drama. The contestants aren't giving them much. Even Hernan/Sandhiya is far from the worst fight we've seen on the show.

• Love 1

I also thought Sandhya was playing with a little Magritte or something - the mustaches and mustache cutouts seemed so witty

Nope. Maybe it's the circles I run in but I've seen enough freaking mustaches for a lifetime. It's not clever to just put a mustache on something.

'Nope'?  Oh my.  Every month isn't Movember for me so I've missed those mustachioed references that are everywhere and done in actual, clever ways according to higher authorities. 

If Nina starts saying vagina as often as Kors would say crotch, I am going to start calling her Nina Vagina, but mispronounce vagina so they rhyme.

I am already saying "Neena Vageena" in my head.  It's messy in there.  She won't like it. 

• Love 4

As far as the worst fabric I think that the corduroy has to win that prize.  You really cannot do anything with it.  It is just there.  And then to be that awful color!  So I give Sean credit for doing what he did with it.

But in my mind the clear winner was Fade.  I thought it was great.  

• Love 1

Lamb18, on 14 Aug 2014 - 8:22 PM, said:

...... been reading about different countries for that past three years, and what struck me about Sandiyha's is that the skirt was referential to what a man in an Asian country might wear, but not a woman. (in that culture a woman would most likely have her legs covered.)    

Asia is a continent. What country are you referring to India, China, Korea? Lumping them all together doesn't make sense when the cultures are different.

480px-Sarungan.jpg

Probably something like this?  Indonesian men wearing a sarungan (sarong)?

'Nope'?  Oh my.  Every month isn't Movember for me so I've missed those mustachioed references that are everywhere and done in actual, clever ways according to higher authorities. 

I am assuming it must be a "thing."  Do I happen to be in a local bubble where they're selling Slurpees with mustache straws now?  It skeeves me out!  I assumed it was nationwide.  I hope if we're some sort of test market that it doesn't catch on.

I am already saying "Neena Vageena" in my head.  It's messy in there.  She won't like it. 

haha... I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Credit to whoever suggested it earlier (sorry I forgot who originally came up with this idea - but you should trademark it for a t-shirt or something!).  I keep alternating between "Neena Vageena" and "Nine-uh Vagine-uh" but I think I like the first one better. My husband is not a fan of the show except when Heidi's on but last week he was in another room and I think he asked me at least 3 times "did that lady just say what I think she said?!?"

As far as the worst fabric I think that the corduroy has to win that prize.  You really cannot do anything with it.  It is just there.  And then to be that awful color!  So I give Sean credit for doing what he did with it.

But in my mind the clear winner was Fade.  I thought it was great.  

I agree on Fade's look.

I guess I'm in the minority but I actually liked Sean's too - at least the skirt. I don't think I could pull off wearing it but I could see it looking good with some tweaks. He had a horrible suit to work with and I thought he made it look good.  I was really surprised it wasn't at least safe.  Maybe the top killed it... wish we could've seen what he originally wanted to do for the top in its final form.

I am assuming it must be a "thing."  Do I happen to be in a local bubble where they're selling Slurpees with mustache straws now?  It skeeves me out!  I assumed it was nationwide.  I hope if we're some sort of test market that it doesn't catch on.

Maybe we live in the same local bubble- they're everywhere here too.  That's why when Sandyha said she was putting those on her design I almost screamed "noooooooooo" out loud.  Ugh. They're horrible.  And, to me, what's worse is that it's all targeted to girl's/women's fashion.  Why do female's want mustaches on everything??

• Love 1