Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Chapter Three: The Monster and the Superhero

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Also interesting - the basketball team save for the two dudes plus Lucas apparently abandoning ship on this crazed vigilante mission.

To be fair to Jason and his mission, you have to remember that despite everyone looking 20+, we are talking about kids between 14 and 18. Its spring break, there just might be family plans. And really, "lets go run around searching for a crazy killer of teens" actually has the effect of parents cracking down on unsupervised activity, even in 1980s. I actually can vouch for this personally - as depicted in ID Discovery's "Village of the Damned" there was a savage murder of a family in Dryden NY on Dec 22 1989. I lived in a different town but like, our school played theirs and I assure you, there was NO going out with friends that Christmas break because the killer was "on the loose" and it was pretty savage - Vecna savage. I don't say that easily. My point is that realistically, if there's a killer on the loose in the community breaking bones and murdering, or raping and then setting on fire (for example) most parents aren't letting their 14-18 year old kids roam free.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3

That's plausible. I'd also be more than happy with the rest of the team realizing this was insane and backing out of their own volition. It's what I suspected had happened.

• Like 1

I noticed while rewatching this episode tonight that Dr. Owens specifically said he chose where El would be relocated to. Further evidence for the theory that the government paid for Joyce to move and hide her after Hop's "death" which I've noticed a few people questioning here and there.

ETA - Forgot to mention, I think I glossed over this the first time I watched but this time it really struck me how GROSS it is that Murray suggested "the kids" would experiment sexually while Joyce was gone. Dude, stop. Just stop. El is the only girl in the house, two of the boys are her step-brothers for all intents and purposes, and she and her boyfriend are like 15. Just stop. You're not funny, you're disturbing.

Edited by Taryn74
19 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

ETA - Forgot to mention, I think I glossed over this the first time I watched but this time it really struck me how GROSS it is that Murray suggested "the kids" would experiment sexually while Joyce was gone. Dude, stop. Just stop. El is the only girl in the house, two of the boys are her step-brothers for all intents and purposes, and she and her boyfriend are like 15. Just stop. You're not funny, you're disturbing.

Echo - but in the way of explanation (NOT excuse) I really really doubt Murray has much of anything to draw on in the way of interpreting interpersonal family dynamics - or relationship dynamics of ANY sort for that matter, unless one can be said to have a “relationship” with a bottle of baby oil and a box of tissues.  I’d be 99.9% certain Murray’s life story is one of isolation, not socialization.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Yeah, Murray doesn't know that Will and Eleven have a sibling-like relationship. A lot of people don't let kids their age have boy-girl sleepovers. Plus he's also the person who not-so-subtly suggested that Nancy and Johnathan hook up at his house.