Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E19: Boston Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

And we're still not done yet! Next week we see the Where are they Now? episode, because we can't be away from these people for a week. It did look a little interesting that they showed was it Ryan with Olivia? And also, Ryan with Alyssa, but it didn't look like he stayed with her. If it is possible, Alyssa looked even worse last night than she did during the show. She is NOT attractive, and she is NOT a good person. Still dabbing away at non-existent tears. What a loser.

Kevin F couldn't have been any farther up O's ass if he tried. And, no, I don't believe his changed man story for a second. I am still not feeling the love from Katina, either. She is pretty well resigned to let him do all the talking.

It was interesting that they all told Lindsey to apologize and she just couldn't do it.  I would be fine if I NEVER see her again. 

I am so glad that Michael graduated from kindergarten. Jasmeana is horrible. I feel so sorry for the little kids in her class. She has zero warmth at all. I think he will be fine with a caring person (and after he gets rid of that beard).

Noi is still pretty stupid and unable to form a coherent thought. She got much better than she deserved.

Watching the experts glare at Alyssa was fun. And I think Pastor Cal even did a few eye rolls. But, that gave us less time with Chris, who I think is a good guy. Of course Alyssa couldn't talk about how their values were different. She never got past his face and didn't even attempt to have a real conversation with him. And, she doesn't know what her values are, either. Just that she is a good person, so she must have good values.

I will try to attempt to watch the show next week. Then, I hope we get a break before San Diego. I will skip all the pre-wedding matching shows and may tune in when the weddings start.

See anyone next week???

I don't know what Kevin and the "experts" are drinking, but, no, I don't buy O's story of how he's grown and changed.  I think he may realize he projected a bad image with his words and actions but I think the real O is still the condescending mean man he was on the show. 
Katina may stay with him but she doesn't shine like she did before she married him and he started destroying her self confidence.

• Love 15
(edited)

Those "long" pauses between KF telling Lindsey to apologize & when she did, FINALLY. Ok editors!😅😂  Y'all know she was seething, wondering where her apologies were from him. That pile-on was weird. Like it was a "make Lindsey apologize for every wrong" free-for-all. Whenever she told a story & people disagreed, it made me think of revisionist history. Maybe she does that. Mark should've apologized for some things too. & Jas proudly saying she unfollowed Lindsey. Like. Who GAF?!! That was a weird story. Why don't they record it happening?!?!! Then they threw Noi in the mix who sits back like she's trying to brace for impact or something. & how did Lindsey hear from Chris' friends that it was a lion tat by the 2nd day?! Makes no sense! I'm so over all of their stories with ZERO evidence & ZERO follow-up!

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Chris's hair looks better now. Steve's still looks good. O & Michael's beards are still trash. Mark's hair is still a gelled mess! 😂😂

Way to take the high road & not answer, Chris! Is Alyssa a good person? Stupid question, but he could've said she didn't look like one or he doesn't know. 😅

• Love 1

So Lindsey's drinking wasn't a topic? I guess it's because no producer was able to get Mark to make it an issue. 😅 She's not just vicious when she's drunk, eh? She looked scary with her fake, pageant smile that she held during the reunion.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

And we're still not done yet! Next week we see the Where are they Now? episode, because we can't be away from these people for a week. It did look a little interesting that they showed was it Ryan with Olivia? And also, Ryan with Alyssa, but it didn't look like he stayed with her. If it is possible, Alyssa looked even worse last night than she did during the show. She is NOT attractive, and she is NOT a good person. Still dabbing away at non-existent tears. What a loser.

Kevin F couldn't have been any farther up O's ass if he tried. And, no, I don't believe his changed man story for a second. I am still not feeling the love from Katina, either. She is pretty well resigned to let him do all the talking.

It was interesting that they all told Lindsey to apologize and she just couldn't do it.  I would be fine if I NEVER see her again. 

I am so glad that Michael graduated from kindergarten. Jasmeana is horrible. I feel so sorry for the little kids in her class. She has zero warmth at all. I think he will be fine with a caring person (and after he gets rid of that beard).

Noi is still pretty stupid and unable to form a coherent thought. She got much better than she deserved.

Watching the experts glare at Alyssa was fun. And I think Pastor Cal even did a few eye rolls. But, that gave us less time with Chris, who I think is a good guy. Of course Alyssa couldn't talk about how their values were different. She never got past his face and didn't even attempt to have a real conversation with him. And, she doesn't know what her values are, either. Just that she is a good person, so she must have good values.

I will try to attempt to watch the show next week. Then, I hope we get a break before San Diego. I will skip all the pre-wedding matching shows and may tune in when the weddings start.

See anyone next week???

Yes, me.  You hit the nail on all the heads.

• Love 3

It did look a little interesting that they showed was it Ryan with Olivia? And also, Ryan with Alyssa, but it didn't look like he stayed with her. 

Moving to spoilers/speculation since I'm not sure we are allowed to discuss here?

Alyssa looked even worse last night than she did during the show. She is NOT attractive

Objectively I think she is pretty. She definitely looks high maintenance though - the hair extensions, lash extensions, full makeup, spray tan, etc. I don't have a problem with that - I have hair extensions and the only thing that stands between me and lash extensions is an allergy to the glue. But she isn't as gorgeous as she thinks she is and I disliked some of her outfit choices.

So, what were the experts so happy about when they came out?  Alyssa, Jasmina and Lindsey are done, and Noi doesn’t live with Steve.  That’s nothing to be proud of.  It’s only a matter of time that Katina will be sick of O.

• Love 6

It's unfortunate Lindsey is so disliked. She said Alyssa was messaging her husband, but left out that he INITIATED it & said she talked about her to everyone & no one corroborated that. 😅 Her last line was right though. She said Alyssa wasn't there for marriage, so she should stay home. But no one likes her, so no one supported her & it fell flat. Maybe if she liked Alyssa she'd wouldn't have said that & been fine with her being in the circle, like Chris. That's gotta be tricky. Being friends with a fellow participant who quit participating so fast. I wonder if the show will make a rule about breaking contact with someone that does what Alyssa did. Then again, you can't stop them from being friends. That's the downside of everyone meeting when they're selected.

• Love 2

What type of man does Alyssa need? Kat & Jas said a cowboy? Nothing about hobbies, values, & beliefs. So stupid! She should've been excluded from the girl talk. She didn't complete the experiment! She barely participated a few hours! 😒😒

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Confusing after all of talking about why there was a need for a part 2, as well as, the previews for this episode and the fact that last week's episode was always labeled part 1.

Some of it dragged but I'm still glad we got a part 2. I was going to be pissed if the show never acknowledged the drunken rant by Lyndsey.

It's so weird having so many call Lyndsey a liar. Like, is she really lying this much?

I think there is truth in the stuff she says but she throws her little spice in the mix to make herself look better.

Let’s talk about Lindsey.  I am married over fifty years, and I can see why.  Lindsey wants recognition for every little thing she does.  She’s a helper, but it comes with a price, not out of love.  She is “on” twenty four hours a day.  Her playfulness and games are exhausting to a man.  They want to come home and relax, preferably with tv and sports.  She takes it as he’s not attentive to her and gets insulted.  Spouses wanting some quiet time doesn’t mean they don’t love you.  It means they are decompressing.  Lindsey doesn’t believe that.  Things are either her way or the highway.  How many times has she walked out saying she’s done?  After every argument.  Plus, she hits below the belt, and that is a no no.  I’d love to know how many men have dumped her.  Men need some space.  She didn’t even let Mark have a few quiet minutes alone with his dying Cat.  She had to butt in so everyone would say what a wonderful supporting wife she was.  Thank goodness he called it quits.  I’m sure lots of women will want to date him if and when he’s ready.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Lindz said:

It's unfortunate Lindsey is so disliked. She said Alyssa was messaging her husband, but left out that he INITIATED it & said she talked about her to everyone & no one corroborated that. 😅 Her last line was right though. She said Alyssa wasn't there for marriage, so she should stay home. But no one likes her, so no one supported her & it fell flat. Maybe if she liked Alyssa she'd wouldn't have said that & been fine with her being in the circle, like Chris. That's gotta be tricky. Being friends with a fellow participant who quit participating so fast. I wonder if the show will make a rule about breaking contact with someone that does what Alyssa did. Then again, you can't stop them from being friends. That's the downside of everyone meeting when they're selected.

The show should have done something about Alyssa coming to the apartments and hanging out on the roof.  A roof where it appears the show participants went to get away from the cameras and have private conversations. Yes, she’s free to do whatever she wants, but a simple contract modification could have stopped it.  None of them said Chris was hanging out on the roof.  Lindsay wasn’t the only one  during filming that mentioned Alyssa was hanging out there. 
I don’t have a problem with Alyssa being at the reunion since it was after everyone’s decision day.   

• Like 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

What gets me is that Lindsey and Olaj are supposedly such good friends but he never steps in to defend her.  That's because he knows his wife doesn't like her and she comes first.  But that wouldn't sit well with me if I were Lindsey.  

What also gets me is finding out that Katina and Jasmina are aligned with Alyssa.  They're buying Alyssa's BS just because it feeds into their dislike of Lindsey.  As Toxic as Lindsey is their defense of Alyssa is not a good look on them.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
On 5/25/2022 at 10:04 PM, Elizzikra said:

I really just wanted someone - anyone - to say to Alyssa that we all know that she didn't like the way Chris looked. Period. End of story. She knew before she said "I do" that she wasn't going to stay married to him. I would have more respect for her if she said "look, I just don't find you physically attractive and I don't think I ever will." But she didn't say that and she still can't. And she was absolutely awful to him. She is so convinced she is a good fucking person but she treated him horribly and she can't even admit it. 

These experts pussyfoot around with some of these people.  Trying to corner Alyssa into admitting something was stupid.  Just freaking confront her with the 800 pound gorilla in the room already!  We ALL know the real reason she wanted out and it's nothing more than not liking his looks.  Does Alyssa think that she looks like a better person if she makes it about values and not appearance?  Because lying about it so obviously only makes her look worse.  People would respect her if she were able to be frank about her lack of attraction to him.  She could say his looks completely turn her off, no disrespect to him.  Make it about herself.  How could anyone challenge that?  She could say she didn't see any value in continuing with the marriage under those circumstances and she's not usually a person that can get over such a strong aversion even if a guy turns out to be very compatible in other ways.   But she's not deep nor articulate enough to express that.  Plus she's not smart enough to realize that people will smell her BS a mile away and not respect her for it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The experts all patting themselves on the back for the "perfect" match of Olaj and Katina made me sick and angry.  They totally buy his BS because it justifies their bad match!  Like the BS he spewed about changing from this player dude into a loyal husband,  now he's spewing this tripe about seeing how bad he looked on TV and making some changes to his attitude.  Yeah, right sure, not buying it AT ALL.  The leopard doesn't change its spots.  One of these days ol' Isaac and the misogynist who wants a barefoot and pregnant wife waiting on him hand and foot will come out again.  It may not happen right away but I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of when.  Poor Katina, she is also buying his BS.  I feel sorry for her.  It's going to be a rude awakening when she figures out he hasn't changed a bit.

• Love 9

I couldn't make sense out of Michael & Jasmina's nonsense! She started a "nasty argument" over a miscommunication about borrowing his laptop. He said he wasn't getting what he needed... & they apparently didn't TALK about their needs or wants. They both didn't care. Maybe he was hoping she'd try & woo him or was just waiting to end it. KF should've asked that!!!! So what she texted & called him daily & she has "receipts," like that was in dispute. Oh ya. They were bickering over who tried. What did he do to try? I do hope those receipts keep her warm at night. She should rest easy because of her receipts. 😂😂

Ugh. So we kind of got part of Mark & Lindsey's final blow up. He took back his IOU & she got mad. & he threatened to kick her out or something... AND THEN WHAT??? She left? & that's it? So. The usual? Who actually ended it? Did he tell her to leave or what? She probably just left. He always wanted her to end it.

• Love 3

They should've tricked her & said, "We've seen you cry & say you're a good person instead of answer questions & you're better than that now, right?" 😂😂 Roll the wedding day clip of her talking about if her husband has bad teeth! 😅😂

4 hours ago, Lindz said:

I couldn't make sense out of Michael & Jasmina's nonsense! She started a "nasty argument" over a miscommunication about borrowing his laptop. He said he wasn't getting what he needed... & they apparently didn't TALK about their needs or wants. They both didn't care. Maybe he was hoping she'd try & woo him or was just waiting to end it. KF should've asked that!!!! So what she texted & called him daily & she has "receipts," like that was in dispute. Oh ya. They were bickering over who tried. What did he do to try? I do hope those receipts keep her warm at night. She should rest easy because of her receipts. 😂😂

I think the nonsense was mostly on Jasmina's side, plus Michael was always afraid of "triggering" her because she took everything he said the wrong way.  After a while he just gave up, but with the way she acts, who could blame him?  It's not that he didn't care or didn't want to try, it's that she made it impossible for him to do anything without twisting everything he said and did into "aggression".  And Michael, being a gentleman, is not going to confront that plus he's too smart to give her anything to make him look like the bad guy she wants everyone to think he is. 

I think the reason she's acting this way is actually because Michael DID try to get close to her.  This is all Jasmina throwing up higher and thicker walls so he can't get inside her fortress.  She is projecting whatever and whoever originally hurt and damaged her onto every man she meets, I'm sure.   Her "lack of feelings" is because she is always protecting herself from that horrible person over and over again in every relationship.  A big clue was finding out that all her relationships were long distance.  They were too far away to get close enough to "trigger" her past trauma, and that's the way she liked it.  She is perpetually locked in this PTSD from something in her past and it's going to sabotage every relationship she has.  

Jasmina is going to end up a very cold, bitter woman if she doesn't get some serious therapy, not that she isn't one already.   And unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 5/25/2022 at 8:10 PM, kristen111 said:

Jas is a condescending bitch.  She speaks down to him like he is a child.  The guy couldn’t get a word in.  

Truth.  I was disappointed the experts didn’t call her out on the fact that she sucks all the air out of the room.  It seems like when she and Michael talked she dominated at least 80% of the convo, and if he tried to get in a word in she was all “Michael, I’m not done” in that condescending tone.

I was confused on Steve and Noi living / not living together.  I thought Steve said that Noi kept her apt and would spend some time there, but they were basically living together.  Kevin kept saying “they aren’t living” together like they spend most of their time apart.  Which is it?

• Like 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I was confused on Steve and Noi living / not living together.  I thought Steve said that Noi kept her apt and would spend some time there, but they were basically living together.  Kevin kept saying “they aren’t living” together like they spend most of their time apart.  Which is it?

What gets me is we had not one, but TWO 2 hour reunion episodes and we are still not clear on WTF is going on with Steve and Noi.   In fact, now we are even more confused.  I feel like stuff was edited out and so what we hear is only part of the story.  It's no wonder none of it makes any sense.  I can't help but think the show is doing this intentionally.  They don't want us to know. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

The show should have done something about Alyssa coming to the apartments and hanging out on the roof.  A roof where it appears the show participants went to get away from the cameras and have private conversations. Yes, she’s free to do whatever she wants, but a simple contract modification could have stopped it.  None of them said Chris was hanging out on the roof.  Lindsay wasn’t the only one  during filming that mentioned Alyssa was hanging out there. 
I don’t have a problem with Alyssa being at the reunion since it was after everyone’s decision day.   

you think the show should have barred Alyssa from coming to the apartments to hang out?

how could they do that?  a court injunction?  she was part of the show by contract, so if she wanted to hang out with her "friends", that's her right

i would not want to spend a minute with this miserable person, but she apparently had enough of a friendship with one or more of them to want to keep coming back.

• Useful 1

Does Alyssa think that she looks like a better person if she makes it about values and not appearance? 

She does.

Plus I think she genuinely believed the viewing audience would see what a pretty, pretty princess she was and feel sorry with her for being matched with such a toad (I don't think Chris is a toad but she does and she things everyone should). I think she felt it should be obvious to everyone why they could never work and she resented it when people asked her to articulate specifics.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Jasmina is going to end up a very cold, bitter woman if she doesn't get some serious therapy, not that she isn't one already.   And unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.

So true. She's never going to get help as long as she believes she doesn't have a problem. This is true for so many people this season: Jasmine, Olajuwan, Lindsey, and Alyssa. They should have never been chosen for this show. And since they were chosen, the experts should have had more conversations with the couples. Then again, their interventions would have only been worthwhile if this show was actually interested in developing functional relationships instead of trainwrecks.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 5/25/2022 at 9:24 PM, FrankieTankie said:

Why don’t the other women call out that piece of shit Alyssa … everyone can see how horrible she was/is but everyone kissing her ass…Jasmina is pathetic too …she comes off like she’s better than everyone else and talks down to everyone but acts like she’s lil miss innocent …

I am not surprised that Jasmina and Alyssa are bffs.  There is a saying, “Birds of a feather, flock together.”   Alyssa wears her emotions on her sleeve, but Jasmina is a stealth bitch who knows how to play the game.  She was just as cold, condescending and standoffish as Alyssa, only, she hid it better. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, cinsays said:

you think the show should have barred Alyssa from coming to the apartments to hang out?

how could they do that?  a court injunction?  she was part of the show by contract, so if she wanted to hang out with her "friends", that's her right

i would not want to spend a minute with this miserable person, but she apparently had enough of a friendship with one or more of them to want to keep coming back.

That’s why I mentioned a contract modification for her staying away from the apartments.  Sweeten the pay  or reduce the penalty ( if any) for failing to do what was required of her at the honeymoon. Etc.  I fully recognize they could not stop her otherwise ( if she was an invited guest).  The building management could  have stopped her if she wasn’t invited by a resident.   

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I am not surprised that Jasmina and Alyssa are bffs.  There is a saying, “Birds of a feather, flock together.”   Alyssa wears her emotions on her sleeve, but Jasmina is a stealth bitch who knows how to play the game.  She was just as cold, condescending and standoffish as Alyssa, only, she hid it better. 

Plus, Jasmina and Alyssa had in common the fact that they weren't physically attracted to their husbands.  While I can understand not being attracted to someone, those two bitches were awful in how they handled their situations.  I can just imagine the snarky, mean things they say about their former husbands, and probably laugh about it.  

• Like 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

So true. She's never going to get help as long as she believes she doesn't have a problem. This is true for so many people this season: Jasmine, Olajuwan, Lindsey, and Alyssa. They should have never been chosen for this show. And since they were chosen, the experts should have had more conversations with the couples. Then again, their interventions would have only been worthwhile if this show was actually interested in developing functional relationships instead of trainwrecks.

Those “experts” show me zero, nothing.  They talk a fancy game, but actually show us nothing.  Just look at their record.  They are supposed to make a good match, but don’t.  It’s probably done on purpose.

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Yes, I had the same confusion.  Maybe we'll find out at the Where Are They Now.  Wonder how much later that was filmed; I don't recall Kevin saying.

23 hours ago, Real4real said:

I think it was a case of her standing too close to him, crazy talking, and a little drop of spit flew out and landed on him.  He makes it sound like she pulled back and hocked a loogie on him.  Hard to tell with those two though!

Except that Lyndsey admitted that she had said that she was so angry she wanted to spit on him.  My guess is that she did just that.

• Love 4
On 5/25/2022 at 8:54 PM, spunky said:

ETA: Dr. Viviana came with receipts.

LOVED that!  There was nothing Alyssa could say to refute that, so she had to pull her deflect/shut-down routine.

• Love 6

WHAT did Alyssa expect??? Of course they were gunna grill her about what happened. It was so absurd. She asked producers why no experts have flown in to the honeymoon & then said she didn't want to talk to them. 😂 I don't even remember her apology. She was sorry for how she handled things, but not for not trying. She believes he isn't a match & that's that.

On 5/27/2022 at 9:42 AM, Booger666 said:

Truth.  I was disappointed the experts didn’t call her out on the fact that she sucks all the air out of the room.  It seems like when she and Michael talked she dominated at least 80% of the convo, and if he tried to get in a word in she was all “Michael, I’m not done” in that condescending tone.

They already covered their living situation on part one. Steve doesn't really care about the living arrangements because 6 nights out of the week Noi is staying at his place anyway. 

At this point, the not having one living situation just comes down to appeasing one of Noi's many fears when it comes to security.

• Love 1

They should've asked Alyssa why she wanted to continue with the "experience" when she did not intend to build a marriage. Why continue talking to almost everyone & meeting with them? For what purpose? She should've been banned from the experiment after the wedding.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I noticed how Jasmina would interrupt Michael when he was answering a question and then when he tried to clarify something she snapped at him that she was still talking.  He then got a resigned look on his face and just let her go on and on and in circles after circles.  I think he was miserable throughout the marriage as he could never clarify or explain himself and kept getting shot down.  I think he was more miserable than even Mark was.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 5/29/2022 at 12:55 PM, seacliffsal said:

I noticed how Jasmina would interrupt Michael when he was answering a question and then when he tried to clarify something she snapped at him that she was still talking.

I was so annoyed that the "experts" didn't call her out for how dismissive and demeaning she comes across when she does that.

• Love 7

Wow, how can Alyssa claim not to have the same core values as Chris when she's unwilling to say what her's are?  Of all the things she is a nice "fucking person" is  not one of them.  She acts like she's being picked on yet she is on record saying what she said and refused any responsibility for her behavior. 

Lindsey really takes the cake.  I am sure Mark and her family are glad to be in her rear view mirror.  Bye, good riddance.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 5/26/2022 at 11:36 PM, Yeah No said:

These experts pussyfoot around with some of these people.  Trying to corner Alyssa into admitting something was stupid.  Just freaking confront her with the 800 pound gorilla in the room already!  We ALL know the real reason she wanted out and it's nothing more than not liking his looks.  Does Alyssa think that she looks like a better person if she makes it about values and not appearance?  Because lying about it so obviously only makes her look worse.  People would respect her if she were able to be frank about her lack of attraction to him.  She could say his looks completely turn her off, no disrespect to him.  Make it about herself.  How could anyone challenge that?  She could say she didn't see any value in continuing with the marriage under those circumstances and she's not usually a person that can get over such a strong aversion even if a guy turns out to be very compatible in other ways.   But she's not deep nor articulate enough to express that.  Plus she's not smart enough to realize that people will smell her BS a mile away and not respect her for it.

I think the experts shied away from that because they were trying to protect Chris’s feelings.  But he saw the footage of the wedding, how she said perfect teeth were important and production immediately zoomed in on his teeth, and how she looked dismayed and unhappy at the altar.  He’s not dumb and knows it was his looks (what else could it have been since she basically called it quits that night?).  Since he actually is a nice-looking guy (on the same level of attractiveness as Alyssa, IMO), I think he would have been OK with the experts pointing that out.

• Like 1