Type keyword(s) to search

[BUG, FIXED] Forums don’t show at all, on my computer browsers

Anela

I’m currently on my phone, and it all looks fine.  I thought I’d been banned for some reason, but I still had access to private messages.  My computer is a windows 10 desktop.  

Could you snap a pic with your phone of the desktop? After the advertisements were off for a while, turning them back on is spilling in advertisement CSS where it does not belong causing havok in various places.

Right now desktop chrome is fine for me

• Love 1
(edited)

Forums only failing to show for me on Chrome on Windows 11.
Fine on Edge on Windows 11, and fine on both Safari and Chrome on iPhone iOS 15.4.1

Note: Failure of forums to show on Chrome on Windows 11 started at the same time that a Chrome tab appeared announcing an auto update. 
The Chrome (Windows) version is now: Version 102.0.5005.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)

UPDATE: All better!

Edited by shapeshifter

On Windows I had to disable cosmetic filtering as suggested upthread to get the forums to display. Looks fine on my Android 11 and 12 tablets running the latest Firefox, without disabling any extensions. Using the Light theme on all devices.

This is just a guess on my part, as internally literally nothing has changed at all - they were just turned off for a period of time, then back on - but it was perhaps that brief ad-less period of time that made the various ad blockers "reset" in some way. Those ads had probably not been turned off for years.

EDIT: I just went ahead and installed AdBlock to Chrome - and it is blocking the few remaining ads here but everything is working as it should. You should probably expect ads to be toggled back on altogether sometime tomorrow. All that remains right now are the sidebar ads on the home page (and maybe one on the bottom of the page)

3 hours ago, AllAstronauts said:

Could you snap a pic with your phone of the desktop? After the advertisements were off for a while, turning them back on is spilling in advertisement CSS where it does not belong causing havok in various places.

Right now desktop chrome is fine for me

I thought I should have done that. I'm sorry I didn't think of that right away.

I could see the top line of the forum, with the choice of "streams" or "forum home" plus the right side, with my username and PMs/notifications. Nothing else was visible, except for the very bottom part, with the copyright.

7 minutes ago, Anela said:

I thought I should have done that. I'm sorry I didn't think of that right away.

I could see the top line of the forum, with the choice of "streams" or "forum home" plus the right side, with my username and PMs/notifications. Nothing else was visible, except for the very bottom part, with the copyright.

Mine was exactly the same, on both my iPad and iPhone.

For the record, the higher-power-that-is probably spotted the single problem on one of the ads which was previously disabled before all this happened and fixed it. All ads are re-enabled and your blockers should be blocking whatevers (notes the usual something something this site needs revenue and my children need wine).

wine.gif.5a708d00f18a1c8d7b5b431e0439c82f.gif

I'm watching NHL hockey now - nite nite.

• Love 2