Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E19: Out for Blood/S18.E20: You Are the Blood

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I suppose she could sleep with Teddy? (WHAT was the point of Teddy being bi? Nothing came of it and Owen is totally cool with Teddy having named their daughter after her dead secret-lesbian-lover.)

Yes, I also question the point of that! And the flashback ep where the backstory was revealed was just so weird....

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I can only remember Amelia sleeping with Owen, Linc and Kai over the 10 seasons. Who am I missing?

I don't remember her sleeping with anyone else either, at least not since she came on Grey's. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I can only remember Amelia sleeping with Owen, Linc and Kai over the 10 seasons. Who am I missing?

I don't remember her sleeping with anyone else either, at least not since she came on Grey's. 

We need a "Who Slept with Who" chart, lol. Maggie slept with as many as Amelia didn't she? And, Meredith slept with her sister's ex (Andrew). Owen married as many people as Amelia slept with. I don't see Amelia sleeping around any more than anyone else.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

She slept with Mark when she visited from Private Practice, forget the season. 

But I think the thing about Amelia is, this relationship with Kai is the third "big" possibly forever relationship set up for Amelia in like five seasons.

First it was Owen, they got married even! Then she got a tumor and that was supposed to wave away all of her choices up to that point.
Then Link, which IMO was Amelia at her best. They even had a kid together, were basically setup as forever until this thing with Kai came out of nowhere.
Now boring Kai from MN who can't sleep and supposedly Amelia feels like herself or whatever her monologue to April was about. I don't know. I stopped caring. 

I guess it was one thing for them to try and throw away potentials for Meredith after Derek's death, but those relationships never took the big leaps that Amelia's have. I feel like these writers don't know what to do with Amelia. 

• Love 5

ok, I am watching this while writing. I also haven't read the thread either.  However, WTF was Meredith thinking?  There was blood coming, why didn't she wait before the surgery?  One day wasn't changing anything. And then she had to justify it to Nick and Helm?  Wow. 

Why are they now looking like breaking up Maggie and Winston?  He's the one that made her likeable for me.  They were becoming my new Link and Amelia, the semi-decent relationship.  It makes me sad, surely we could have one decent, stable relationship.

How did Bailey become chief?  She has a meltdown every time there is a problem.  She is an amazing surgeon and a good teacher, but seriously, is a terrible leader.  

Owen and Teddy's cagey exit made me laugh.  I was actually starting to like them (shock horror).  I didn't realise until tonight how old Owen (Kevin McKidd) was starting to look.  I know, he has been on the show for 13  years.  He is allowed to get old, I just hadn't noticed until now.  I can't believe Amelia took the kids to meet them at Joe's, surely there was somewhere else she could have taken them?  She seems to have bonded with Teddy too, her reaction to them leaving was beautiful.  

How cute is Harriet?  She is just as cute as a button.  I wished there were more scenes with April and Jackson.  It just seemed like they belonged. So much more than the stupid interns that seem to have been interns/residents for more that the normal amount.  Besides, they annoy me.  

I was so hoping Catherine had passed when Jackson was doing that stupid obituary.  I then became so disappointed when they panned to Catherine holding Harriet.  The walking out and off into the distance was sweet, but strange too, I would have thought Richard would have at least waited to hear about the program.  

The program reviewer lady was right, they are all so familiar with each other, they bicker like family.  It needs a shake up and making Meredith Interim Chief really isn't the answer.  She is part of the problem too, just like Bailey and Richard.  

Jo and Link, at the end made me hopeful their friendship could be sustained.  I like the fact that they are one of the only friendships that seemed to be plutonic, because there are people, in real life, who can have friends and not sex.  Meredith and Jackson were the same.  THey just didn't show the interactions as much on the show though.  

I was hopeful, when Amelia and Link were talking, that there was going to be a new beginning for them, but alas, no, Kai appeared and dashed my hopes :(  

I loved the flash backs, I really wanted Cristina to appear at the end to console Meredith - she is missing having a "person" right now.  Maggie is wrapped up with her and Winston's issues, (his brother is a douche) and Amelia is wrapped up in her own.  As much as she has Nick, he doesn't know her history, they are still in the getting to know all about you phase, and Bailey is too pissed with her to be there for her.  She has constantly had someone being there for her, first Cristina, then Derek, then Alex.  She has lost her way a lot without them.   

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/26/2022 at 10:09 PM, txhorns79 said:

I also think they were years late to the party about gay men being banned from giving blood.  It's been an issue for decades, so it is surprising everyone there was acting like they suddenly just heard about the problem.

OMG, thank you! This is not new information about blood donation. It's literally a question you must answer on the form you fill out when you donate, and has been since the 80s. At the very least, freakin' doctors should know this (but it was only Helm who seemingly didn't know, so maybe it's not surprising she didn't know). The way that scene, and the paramedic/Ben scene were played, it sounded like a really bad PSA. How many "The More You Know <shootingstar>" moments do they need on the show?

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 5
On 5/31/2022 at 2:38 PM, statsgirl said:

Now that you say it,  maybe not as many as I think. I guess it just feels like more.

• Love 1
On 5/31/2022 at 10:24 PM, windsprints said:

We need a "Who Slept with Who" chart, lol. Maggie slept with as many as Amelia didn't she? And, Meredith slept with her sister's ex (Andrew). Owen married as many people as Amelia slept with. I don't see Amelia sleeping around any more than anyone else.

I wouldn’t even know how to start that chart because it’s so entwined. 😂 

• LOL 6
On 5/28/2022 at 5:04 AM, sadie said:

I’m in until the bitter end but, geesh, this has gotten so bad. So, everyone can quit on the spot BUT Meredith? Bailey has turned into a sanctimonious hypocrite and Richard has became an incompetent jerk. What the hell happened to this show. The flashbacks just make me realize how good it used to be. How about we hire Kepner to run the hospital, Addison to be Chief of Surgery, get some actual professionals in to operate and treat patients and get back to storytelling about a hospital. I wouldn’t take my dog to Grey Sloane at this point. Add into it that they just seem to want to preach at us about all the social injustices in the world and it’s just a slog. 

I can’t add much of anything to this brilliant assessment. Good grief. This show is so, so awful. I hate the fact that I’m driven to finish what I start but I’m not sure I can make it through another season of drivel. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, limecoke said:

I can’t add much of anything to this brilliant assessment. Good grief. This show is so, so awful. I hate the fact that I’m driven to finish what I start but I’m not sure I can make it through another season of drivel. 

Hang in with us Limecoke, we will all hate watch until the bitter end. The snark alone will make it worth it. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm finally (finally!) watching this because it made it to Netflix...with all the flashbacks, I started imagining what if Sandra Oh came back for just these final two episodes, and she brought Villanelle with her...and how would Villanelle kill all of them? She bores so easily.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Finally, finally watched the last three episodes. I’d been putting it off as the season is just so bad.

The montage at the end with Ellen/Meredith almost plays out like the real life situation where Ellen/Meredith wants to move on but show/hospital won’t let her because they think they need her name. The last scene was the most I’ve seen Ellen act in about five seasons so good for her.

Linc and Amelia’s scene felt like closure and I’m actually fine with that. The show has butchered them beyond repair at this point. I wouldn’t mind seeing him and Jo get together. Or at least I’d like to see them either commit to the pairing or let them remain best friends. I don’t like the in between awkwardness. 

this should have been an exit for Owen/Teddy similar to how they should have been written out when they had their baby and their story arc came to a natural happy ending. There is nothing left for them to do but yet they’ll be back next season for another lather rinse repeat storyline.

Winston is such a non player character in this show. I think he and Maggie are cute but that’s literally it.