Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E13: It Comes Down to This LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Okay, Lindsay can go tonight.  I'm over this whining from her.  She should have played her idol for Omar last week because it had to be played, and she'd be in a better spot this week, maybe.

Mike needs to just shut up.

• Love 9

Mike is totally screwed in this situation.  He's promised that idol to just about everyone (except Romeo, whose lie about an idol is surprisingly holding up) and he's going to piss two people off.

• Love 4

Can I just say I'd love Jonathan to make the final 3, and Lindsay to be shouting from the jury 'I'm a better Survivor player than you!' and him responding 'then why are you on the jury?' *smiles*

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Okay, Lindsay can go tonight.  I'm over this whining from her.  She should have played her idol for Omar last week because it had to be played, and she'd be in a better spot this week, maybe.

Maybe, maybe not.  I could see Omar flipping on her for the same reason everyone else seems to be--because she's a serious threat to win.

• Love 2

Mike should have either thrown the challenge and had an excuse not to play his idol tonight on anyone but himself, or never promised anyone he'd play it for them (which is really what he should have just done in the first place).

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I still like Lindsay, but I do think she's realized how badly she played last tribal and is kicking herself by lashing out at everyone else.

I get the reaction; I may not love this look from her, but I get it.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, EllenB said:

Watching Jonathan eat pasta is disgusting.

Given the weight he’s lost, he could’ve face-planted into the bowl and sucked up the pasta up his nose, and I’d understand.

He deserves to win. He’s been the provider of the tribe. Being the provider is how Rupert won all four times he competed. 😜

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

Given the weight he’s lost, he could’ve face-planted into the bowl and sucked up the pasta up his nose, and I’d understand.

He deserves to win. He’s been the provider of the tribe. Being the provider is how Rupert won all four times he competed. 😜

For a second, I thought, "WHAAAAAT?"  Then I read the rest of this comment and I'm still laughing.

• LOL 3

No one knows about MaryAnne's idol, so she actually could play hers on Lindsay if Mike plays his on someone else.  And put her vote on Romeo to make sure the vote doesn't go to rocks.

• Love 2
Just now, LadyChatts said:

No one knows about MaryAnne's idol, so she actually could play hers on Lindsay if Mike plays his on someone else.  And put her vote on Romeo to make sure the vote doesn't go to rocks.

I don't see her doing that because Romeo's such an obvious goat to take to the final 3.

• Love 6

"Usually the best player wins the game, but not in Survivor."  That's because the definition of "best player" isn't dependent on those damn. challenges alone.  And interesting that we got to hear a little from the jury just now.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Oh, that exchange makes me very excited for Drea and Omar as judges. You can tell they're definitely the "see through the bullshit" types.

Those two plus MaryAnne are the players I hope come back.

Edited by EllenB

MaryAnne looked like she was a high stakes poker game.

Mike plays his idol for MaryAnne.  Didn't see that coming.  Score one for Mike.  

And they actually bought Romeo's fake idol?

• Love 1

So interesting - Mary Anne got Mike to play his idol for her and still kept hers that she can't play anymore, ensuring Lindsay was booted. But she probably played her enough to have earned Lindsay's vote and trust, since they all STILL don't know she had an idol the whole time. Interesting.

• Love 2

Wow, so Maryanne opted to not play her idol to get Lindsay out.

Probably a smart move and good on her resume to get Mike to play his idol on her and keeping hers while making the decision to get Lindsay out.

• Love 5

Maybe Lindsay and Jonathan will return in a season like Guatemala (Stephenie/Bobby Jon) or Redemption Island (Boston Rob/Russell), where they are painted as rivals and get to take charge of their own camp of new starstruck castaways.

• Love 2
(edited)
Just now, momlyd said:

Burned Mike's idol then and booted someone who needed it. That won't work well for ftc

Why?  No one knows she had the idol unless she tells them.  And what would be the point of doing that now because it would piss the others off.

Edited by wallflower75
  • Love 3

Thinking about it . . . should there be an incentive for not playing an idol on the last possible day? Maryanne was probably going to break hers out, but Mike played his for her. Better for her to sit on her idol.

• Love 5
Just now, Brendan Birch said:

Lindsay's out, but it actually doesn't seem like she's too bitter.  Just disappointed more than anything.

I noticed she said tonight she didn't realize she was getting played by Omar like everyone else did, so I think these past couple of days were probably a lot of reflecting on how sticking with Omar and not taking out Jonathan sooner screwed her game.  Omar was good, I'll give him that.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Crap, I’ve been spelling “Lindsay” wrong the whole time.

At least you weren't spelling it "Lynze." Was that Mike's invention? Or Romeo's? It was one of the cast's lesser lights.

• Love 1