Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E20: Grand Finale

• Start Topic

On 5/23/2022 at 9:43 PM, leocadia said:

Perhaps I misheard, but it sounded like Ryan announced the duet as Dee-ANNA Carter and Mike Parker.  I'm not even a country fan, but I know that she pronounces her name DEE-na.  Seems like a pretty big faux pas for a professional like Ryan.

He didn't, I have it on now because I originally had it on in the background while I was working, he definitely said DEE-na.

That being said, I didn't think this was a great vehicle for Mike. I love that song, but it doesn't seem in his wheelhouse at all and it strikes me that he's trying to go country as a gimmick because it's worked out well for Darius Rucker and Jimmie Allen. His voice, or rather his song choices on this show, haven't shown a great proclivity toward country.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

IMO, he was TCO. He was packaged as the first audition of the season like many of their other TCOs.

I think he was the first audition because he's what Idol is all about...a blue-collar nobody with financial need gets his big break. I don't think he was TCO, especially after they got to know his personality. To me, he's just not warm, personable, or likable. He's not a charmer.

I dont even think the judges liked him all too much. They certainly didn't prefer him. I don't think Katie was happy with his win. Luke was all about Huntergirl. I think Lionel prefers more of a powerhouse singer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2