Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Plan and Execution

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I’d really doubt the body will be found in the apartment. Also forensics (powder residue) won’t support suicide either. He might end up buried in the desert.

34 minutes ago, Bannon said:

His disappearance would trigger perhaps an even more in-depth investigation, even if an authentic-looking "suicide note" could be successfully planted for someone to discover. There are a lot of powerful people who have strong incentive to find out what happened to one of the most powerful attorneys in a state. I can't envision a world where the phony PI aspect isn't uncovered.

The less evidence there is, the less needs to be explained. So I think it's safest for Kim and Jimmy for Howard's body to disappear, hopefully not in the meth lab. No faked suicide notes, nothing.

Lalo may also not give Wexler & McGill much choice in the matter of what to do with Howard's body.

Someone also better take care of Howard's car, which I assume is nearby.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

I wonder now how Howard's death in going to be handled. If it's made to look like a suicide, and it might be readily accepted as such given that he'd just had a spectacularly public and humiliating meltdown earlier that same day with marital problems and rumors of drug use swirling, Jimmy and Kim are going to have a much harder time rationalizing how that was for the greater good.

Howard wouldn't have any powder burns from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.  Lalo's also missing resources to clean up a body.  I'm also wondering how they'll resolve this.

• Love 5

I was surprised to see Saul and Kim watching a comedy like, "Born Yesterday," while they savored their success because, so far, they've tended toward film noir.  Then I remembered that in, "Born Yesterday," Judy Holliday and William Holden are poor, underestimated, powerless people who are far smarter than anyone thinks they are, and they quietly stick it to her big, scary boyfriend Broderick Crawford.

• Useful 7
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Yeah.  And that's why I'm not as...flabbergasted or awed by this episode as others.  That the weirdness would tank the case makes no sense.  The facts are the facts. 

I enjoy Lalo but they've introduced a conundrum.  The only reason to kill Howard is if he plans on killing Kim and Jimmy.  But if Kim and Jimmy live, then there was no more reason to killing Howard than there was to killing Margarethe.  Lalo doesn't know who this guy is and this guy doesn't know who Lalo is. 

But overall, Lalo isn't on enough for me to get irritated by his omnipresence. 

I'm actually more irritated by the fact that everything Kimmy and Jim wanted had basically gone off without a hitch. I feel that Lalo killing Howard feels as cheap to me as the introduction of the white supremacists in Breaking Bad. 

But I feel like this show is at its best with the quiet tragedies. For a while, the big spec was that the caffeine would do him in.  I think that would've worked better.

If he wanted Kim or Jimmy dead, he would have killed them too. He doesn't want them dead, no way no how. He needs them for his own purposes.

Right now, Lalo has one overarching goal, above everything else: he needs to get that video proof to Don Eladio, some way some how. He needs one of them to do it, and the other to sort of be 'hostage' until it's done. They are far more valuable to him alive than dead. The only one that he wants dead is Fring, but that's only after he discredits him.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ok.  I have to be critical of the attorneys and mediator just walking out of the mediation.  So what if one attorney wasn’t well. There was another attorney available representing the Plaintiffs.  It’s court ordered and you have to stay, even if there’s a delay and make a good faith effort.  It’s not up to the mediator  to leave either.  I guess they had to go that route for it to fit their storyline.  

I'd have to watch again, but Howard said he would not proceed with the negotiations. He was adamant, so they were at a stalemate. Perhaps in real life a mediator would try to offer compromises, but maybe this judge saw that it was pointless because Howard wouldn't budge.

37 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

Talking Saul was actually pretty good,  with some insights into the characters and story 

I don't have cable or satellite, so I can't watch this, unless it's online somewhere. It's not on the AMC+ site. :(

Howard's observation that Jimmy and Kim are like Leopold and Loeb was dead on. They did this for fun. What pushed Kim into revenge mode was when he warned her about getting involved with Jimmy. Her ego was wounded. How dare he suggest she couldn't take care of herself. So while her initial purpose was to ruin Howard, what took over in her mind was executing the plan (so to speak). She loved planning this scam. She nearly freaked out when Jimmy told her they would have to postpone it when he learned about the judge's broken arm. Putting this off was derailing the plan and basically letting Howard win. The whole thing would have to be scrapped and then reworked.  No, this was a game that they had to win. 

They had no sympathy for Howard. They didn't see him as a person until he mentioned his marriage was on the rocks. I loved seeing them surprised. This was a small wakeup call to them that this was a real person, a real life they were messing with. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Bannon said:

From a plotting perspective, Lalo shooting Howard in the head, in Kim and Saul's apartment, poses some real challenges.The senior partner of one of a state's most prominent law firms can't just disappear, or have his gunshot body discovered in a ditch, or supposedly kill himself in somebody's apartment, without there being a deep investigation. The phony PI aspect, with the photos of Saul in the park with the frisbee player, would be uncovered. I hope this isn't just hand-waved away.

I'm thinking that Lalo conducts his business - getting Kim to deliver the video to someone who will then get it to Eladio - and leave it to Jimmy to clean up the mess. Lalo has to move quickly because right now he has the opportunity to get into that laundry and get the evidence while Mike's guys are protecting Gus's house. (I predict that Fring will go into business for himself, so to speak, and be one step ahead of him and Mike by being there, but that's a side note).

It doesn't go so well for Lalo, let's say. And then Jimmy will contact Mike to clean up the mess, which he will do in impeccable style. Because it has to be done in a way that Fring is completely off the hook for whatever happens to Lalo.

33 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

Howard wouldn't have any powder burns from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.  Lalo's also missing resources to clean up a body.  I'm also wondering how they'll resolve this.

Two words: Mike Ehrmantraut.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Rickster said:

I’d really doubt the body will be found in the apartment. Also forensics (powder residue) won’t support suicide either. He might end up buried in the desert.

Even though his cause of death would be obvious I would think because of him being murdered there would be an autopsy, which would show no cocaine or any illegal drugs 

1 hour ago, bad things are bad said:

I will give Kim a bit of a break as she desperately tried to get Howard to leave when Lalo first got there.

Maybe that was not about protecting Howard but her not wanting Howard to know their connection to the drug cartel and all sorts of other bad things that Lalo could say?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, ahmerali said:

I'm thinking that Lalo conducts his business - getting Kim to deliver the video to someone who will then get it to Eladio - and leave it to Jimmy to clean up the mess. Lalo has to move quickly because right now he has the opportunity to get into that laundry and get the evidence while Mike's guys are protecting Gus's house. (I predict that Fring will go into business for himself, so to speak, and be one step ahead of him and Mike by being there, but that's a side note).

It doesn't go so well for Lalo, let's say. And then Jimmy will contact Mike to clean up the mess, which he will do in impeccable style. Because it has to be done in a way that Fring is completely off the hook for whatever happens to Lalo.

What I'm saying is that it may not be a cleanable mess, from the aspect of nobody looking into, and uncovering Kim and Saul's plot against Howard, particularly  with regard to the fake PI.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Bannon said:

It was really gross to see my suspicion confimed, that nothing aroused Kim like executing the plan to ruin Howard.

Exactly...NOTHING has gotten her sexually aroused to that point in this entire series except for this devious plan going through...shes a sick person

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, SimplexFish said:

For Kim to be so paranoid about Lalo's (remember chair under the door knob) they were both pretty nonchalant about a knock on their apartment door in the middle  of the night.

I thought so, too. Clearly, they were still enjoying their victory. Of course, Jimmy didn’t know that Lalo was alive until he walked in.

11 minutes ago, ahmerali said:

Yes. Lalo isn’t going to offer assistance. Jimmy will call Mike. And Mike won’t be happy. 

Maybe now we understand Jimmy’s “throw-away” line in BB about Lalo. After what happened in his apartment, he may never truly believe that Lalo is dead unless he sees it with his own eyes.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SimplexFish said:

NOTHING has gotten her sexually aroused to that point in this entire series except for this devious plan going through

The first time I truly understood that Kim was the sexual aggressor and really the one driving the relationship was after they got away with the Miracle on 34th Street letter writing scam in Coushatta and she was all over Jimmy in the courthouse stairwell. That's when it became apparent how much she got off on successfully putting one over on someone. We've seen some version of this a couple of times since then. 

• Love 10
(edited)
32 minutes ago, ahmerali said:

My thoughts exactly...

I have a couple take aways...one not too important and one very important...

I can not see the mediator retired Judge Rand Casimiro driving a Miata...maybe a Lincoln Towncar

The problem I'm having (and I don't think its been fully addressed here yet) is the PI Genidowski somehow being an operative of Saul's. How did Howard, whom would have an awesome PI that works for HHM just happen to use one that would be in the pocket of lowly Jimmy McGill? Just doesn't cut the butter for me...

Edited by SimplexFish
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, SimplexFish said:

I can not see the mediator retired Judge Rand Casimiro driving a Miata...maybe a Lincoln Towncar

I don't know. I can see a guy with that mustache driving a Miata.

The problem I'm having (and I don't think its been fully addressed here yet) is the PI Genidowski somehow being an operative of Saul's. How did Howard, whom would have an awesome PI that works for HHM just happen to use one that would be in the pocket of lowly Jimmy McGill?

I need to rewatch where Howard explains to Cliff how this happened. In this ep we see Howard try to call the PI and get a disconnected tone. He later tells Cliff that he had the PI's number then... something happened. They lost the number? I didn't quite follow, but the number they were given (by?) was the one for the fake PI, who it turns out didn't work at the agency Howard was going to use. Like I said, I didn't get it, so I think (hope) the explanation is there in the scene.

Edited by peeayebee
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't expect Kim to show remorse.  She may feel remorse inside, but she will repress such emotions.  I suspect her "You think we're wicked?" question to Saul will come up again.  

Saul still needs to defy Lalo in some way.  

• Love 2

I think she may. After all, she just saw Howard killed in front of her, and she knows he wouldn't have been there if not for the whole scam. I can see her feeling utter remorse and self-hatred, and I can see her burying these emotions and carrying on. We'll have to see.

When does all this continue? How many months do we have to wait?

• Love 4

Maybe Howards dead body is found in the bad part of town and several witnesses say that he was looking for drugs and ran into the wrong type person. Or maybe they frame his wife. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Bannon said:

From a plotting perspective, Lalo shooting Howard in the head, in Kim and Saul's apartment, poses some real challenges.The senior partner of one of a state's most prominent law firms can't just disappear, or have his gunshot body discovered in a ditch, or supposedly kill himself in somebody's apartment, without there being a deep investigation. The phony PI aspect, with the photos of Saul in the park with the frisbee player, would be uncovered. I hope this isn't just hand-waved away.

33 minutes ago, Bannon said:

What I'm saying is that it may not be a cleanable mess, from the aspect of nobody looking into, and uncovering Kim and Saul's plot against Howard, particularly  with regard to the fake PI.

Through his conversations with Howard, Cliff has a lot of the pieces. And he's not stupid. I can see him persevering through to the truth, as much as he can.

8 minutes ago, SimplexFish said:

The problem I'm having (and I don't think its been fully addressed here yet) is the PI Genidowski somehow being an operative of Saul's. How did Howard, whom would have an awesome PI that works for HHM just happen to use one that would be in the pocket of lowly Jimmy McGill? Just doesn't cut the butter for me...

Howard cleared that up in his last talk with Cliff. Someone called HHM claiming to be from their regular PI firm, saying their phone number had changed. The admin updated the number in HHM's system. When Howard called looking for a PI, he called the new number and got Jimmy's guy.

After he realized what was happening, Howard checked with the admin to confirm the events with the PI firm directly, and told Cliff about it.

I really can't see Cliff letting this go easily when Howard's body turns up (or doesn't).

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, SimplexFish said:

My thoughts exactly...

I have a couple take aways...one not too important and one very important...

I'll need to rewatch the scene, but I think Howard explained that Jimmy or Kim, or someone they paid, called HHM to alert them that the agency HHM used for PI work had a new phone number, so when Howard or his secrrtary called for a PI to look at Jimmy, it went to that person, who sent the phony PI. In a world where some extraordinarily powerful people fall for phishing scams, and give out passwords to incredibly sensitive databases, I can buy it.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, SimplexFish said:

(queue black and white set)

"So...after all that...a happy ending"

I realize this is more of a speculation, but . . . 

This comment overlaying an empty shot of Kim's condo, combined with the suit commercial for the second half in July, is making me think that Kim is the first of the BCS/BB world to order a Hoover Max Extract® 60 Pressure Pro™.  As part of the condition of her disappearance, Saul is able to know where she is/who she becomes. 

Now that "Gene" is no longer safe being Gene, he leaves and finds Kim, and they live "happily ever after. . . " and the final outfit on the hanger is a tiki shirt or something like that. 

That said, however, Gilligan/Gould are not known for creating "happily ever afters." But unless it involves Kim being safe, I can't imagine Jimmy/Saul ever saying, "after all that, a happy ending." 

I guess we shall see! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

G&G believe in consequences, most of all. I can't see them thinking, in light of Howard's murder, that a few years of living under a fake name, then a happy ending, is adequate consequence.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

This comment overlaying an empty shot of Kim's condo, combined with the suit commercial for the second half in July, is making me think that Kim is the first of the BCS/BB world to order a Hoover Max Extract® 60 Pressure Pro™.  As part of the condition of her disappearance, Saul is able to know where she is/who she becomes. 

Now that "Gene" is no longer safe being Gene, he leaves and finds Kim, and they live "happily ever after. . . " and the final outfit on the hanger is a tiki shirt or something like that. 

That said, however, Gilligan/Gould are not known for creating "happily ever afters." But unless it involves Kim being safe, I can't imagine Jimmy/Saul ever saying, "after all that, a happy ending." 

I guess we shall see! 

Kim and Saul don't really deserve a happily ever after unless it's after a long prison sentence. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, SimplexFish said:

Cliff: You say that Jimmy McGill drսg you. How is that possible?

Howard: The photos, they were wet with... something. The missing photos. Yeah, my P.I., Genidowski. He had to have been in on it. He... He must have shown me one set of photos, and then switched them after I left the office.

Cliff: Howard

Howard: Three weeks ago, Julie got a call from our detective agency. They wanted to update their contact info. So, of course, she changed the number in the system. But it turns out, it wasn't them. That was Jimmy.

Howard: So when I needed an investigator to follow Jimmy, I called his fake number and his fake man. She just dialed the old number, and of course, got the actual agency. And, no surprise, no one by the name of Genidowski had ever worked there. I hired a con man. I got played... every step of the way.

I'm guessing Jimmy found Genidowski via the veterinarian.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, scenario said:

Maybe Howards dead body is found in the bad part of town and several witnesses say that he was looking for drugs and ran into the wrong type person. Or maybe they frame his wife. 

Too many people with power, like his wife, Cliff, and HHM's other partners, have strong incentive to dig deep into Howard's death or disappearance, to accept an easy explanation without thorough examination. The fake PI would be uncovered in about 15 minutes.

• Love 5
(edited)
20 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

When does all this continue? How many months do we have to wait?

48 days as of today.

And really, this gap is an opportunity to ponder and discuss this show and the entire Gilliverse.  Once the show starts again we will be busy discussing each episode as it airs.  Not too long after the last episode all of these threads will be vaulted and we will be left with one thread for the whole show, plus the fact that we will all go on to other shows. 

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Bannon said:

Too many people with power, like his wife, Cliff, and HHM's other partners, have strong incentive to dig deep into Howard's death or disappearance, to accept an easy explanation without thorough examination. The fake PI would be uncovered in about 15 minutes.

The fake PI leads to a burner phone. Cliff is convinced that Howard was a drug addict. His wife would be the primary suspect in a murder like this. Its always the spouse. She had the motive. She hired the fake PI not Jimmy. Poor Howard. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

I guess we shall see! 

Exactly what I thought after I saw this scene last night.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

Cliff: You say that Jimmy McGill drսg you. How is that possible?

Howard: The photos, they were wet with... something. The missing photos. Yeah, my P.I., Genidowski. He had to have been in on it. He... He must have shown me one set of photos, and then switched them after I left the office.

Cliff: Howard

Howard: Three weeks ago, Julie got a call from our detective agency. They wanted to update their contact info. So, of course, she changed the number in the system. But it turns out, it wasn't them. That was Jimmy.

Howard: So when I needed an investigator to follow Jimmy, I called his fake number and his fake man. She just dialed the old number, and of course, got the actual agency. And, no surprise, no one by the name of Genidowski had ever worked there. I hired a con man. I got played... every step of the way.

I'm guessing Jimmy found Genidowski via the veterinarian.

So three weeks before Jimmy just happened to have the forward thinking to pull this phone number scam? Plus during those three weeks this huge law firm did not need the services of the PI company? 

I supposed G&G had to get the fake PI in somehow and this was as good as any other plan I suppose

• Love 2
Just now, scenario said:

The fake PI leads to a burner phone. Cliff is convinced that Howard was a drug addict. His wife would be the primary suspect in a murder like this. Its always the spouse. She had the motive. She hired the fake PI not Jimmy. Poor Howard. 

Cliff's not stupid. If Howard turns up dead or disappears, he's going to talk to Howard's secretary about the PI phone number change. The police are going to talk to Howard's secretary. The police are going to look at the picture of Jimmy handing a frisbee to a guy with a goofy mustache and wonder if it's fake. Howard's simply too important a guy for the nature of  his murder to be so easily concealed. Important people have their deaths deeply investigated, and this scam depended on nobody being motivated,  like a dead body or disappearance of an important person motivates people, to look very hard at it.

I'm really hoping the unraveling of the plot against Howard plays a role in the last few episodes.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, ahmerali said:

I wonder if Kim is going to be the one who goes to Mike against Jimmy's wishes. And if I'm right about Lalo wanting Saul to deliver the tape to Eladio, I wonder if Mike ends up intercepting it as a result. That could be the explanation for both the expected rift between Jimmy and Kim and the "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!" line: Saul thinks Lalo is coming after him for not delivering the tape and tries to pin it on Nacho instead, since he can't very well blame Kim.

Edited by Dev F
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2

Cliff's not stupid. If Howard turns up dead or disappears, he's going to talk to Howard's secretary about the PI phone number change. The police are going to talk to Howard's secretary. The police are going to look at the picture of Jimmy handing a frisbee to a guy with a goofy mustache and wonder if it's fake. Howard's simply too important a guy for the nature of  his murder to be so easily concealed. Important people have their deaths deeply investigated, and this scam depended on nobody being motivated,  like a dead body or disappearance of an important person motivates people, to look very hard at it.

I'm really hoping the unraveling of the plot against Howard plays a role in the last few episodes.

He was killed by Lalo's gun. I wouldn't be surprised if Lalo kills other people with that gun. Can ballistics testing match bullets? They might not know that Lalo did it but if Howard is killed by the same gun as 4 or 5 other related people, doesn't that make his death look like he was killed by a serial killer and was at the wrong place at the wrong time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, SimplexFish said:

So three weeks before Jimmy just happened to have the forward thinking to pull this phone number scam? Plus during those three weeks this huge law firm did not need the services of the PI company? 

I supposed G&G had to get the fake PI in somehow and this was as good as any other plan I suppose

It would be possible, for 3 weeks, to have someone answer a call from HHM with "(insert name) Investigations, how may we be of service?" then put the HHM person on hold, call the actual PI agency, and say "This is (insert name) of HHM calling, let me connect you to my associate (insert name)who will give you the details of what we need", and then connect them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Hector upset simply because he didn't want Lalo to get killed, which he figured he would going up against all of Gus's men?

Since Lalo was "talking" to Gus' wire-tap, he ignored Hector's protestations.

Lalo only knows Jimmy's connection to Nacho, right? He knows nothing about Mike or the $7m. desert shoot out; what does he want from Jimmy or Kimmy ("of sterner stuff").

These bastard! writers wrote this out so you can't really say J/K caused Howard's death, but we MUST blame them.

Aargh! Howard never cheated or killed anyone! I just hope that Lalo will be the rotting corpse that Fly was after in the Lab.

Edited by Eulipian 5k
Gus' not DEA
  • Love 2

So the police are investigating Howards murder and they find that the gun used in the murder was used in several other gang related murders. Kim and Saul have been planting evidence of drug use. Howard got involved with drug dealers and got killed.  That's one lead for the police to follow.

The spouse is always a suspect in a murder. She wouldn't have done it herself but she might have hired a criminal. She has the money. That's another lead.

Howard was ranting that Jimmy and Kim were out to get him the last few weeks of his life. That's the third possible lead. 

I can see the police considering the first two leads as more likely. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, scenario said:

He was killed by Lalo's gun. I wouldn't be surprised if Lalo kills other people with that gun. Can ballistics testing match bullets? They might not know that Lalo did it but if Howard is killed by the same gun as 4 or 5 other related people, doesn't that make his death look like he was killed by a serial killer and was at the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Again, important people have their deaths very deeply investigated. There is not a world where Cliff and his secretary are not asked about the strange happenings in Howard's last few days, including weird stuff involving a PI, even if they think Howard was a drug addict or murdered by a serial killer.

• Love 3

Again, important people have their deaths very deeply investigated. There is not a world where Cliff and his secretary are not asked about the strange happenings in Howard's last few days, including weird stuff involving a PI, even if they think Howard was a drug addict or murdered by a serial killer.

I don't have as much respect for the police as you do. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if that as soon as they found out that the gun that killed Howard was used in other organized crime murders they micro focus on that and ignore all the other evidence. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Eulipian 5k said:

Since Lalo was "talking" to the police tap, he ignored Hector's protestations.

Lalo only knows Jimmy's connection to Nacho, right? He knows nothing about Mike or the $7m. desert shoot out; what does he want from Jimmy or Kimmy ("of sterner stuff").

These bastard! writers wrote this out so you can't really say J/K caused Howard's death, but we MUST blame them.

Aargh! Howard never cheated or killed anyone! I just hope that Lalo will be the rotting corpse that Fly was after in the Lab.

Lalo found Jimmy's shot up Saul car in the desert. He accepted Kim's bullshit in the moment, the first time he visited the apartment. I think it more likely he has his suspicions reawakened.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, anoninrva said:

Lalo is a wanted fugitive - arguably.  He doesn't seem to be in the habit of leaving witnesses.  Margaethe had no idea who he was.  Howard may have.

But he clearly didn't.  All Lalo had to even do was wait until Howard left or stand not looking at him.  It felt like an unnecessary extra body for Lalo. 

5 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

Howard, at the very least, would understand from Saul and Kim's reaction that the mysterious non-knocking night visitor was not a good person.

Sure.  I just don't know why Lalo would think he cared. 

• Love 2

Police will be under a lot of pressure to solve this case quickly. Once they find out that Howard was killed by the same gun that was used in other mob killings, they'll announce it to get the heat off themselves. Take the easy way out. 

There are a lot of innocent people in prison because the police ignored evidence that contradicted their pet theory and their need to solve the case.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

Exactly what I'm guessing.  

I expect the person who called with the new PI number was Francesca.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

But he clearly didn't.  All Lalo had to even do was wait until Howard left or stand not looking at him.  It felt like an unnecessary extra body for Lalo. 

Sure.  I just don't know why Lalo would think he cared. 

When was Lalo worried about an extra body or two? Howard would know that Lalo was bad news from Kim and Saul's reaction. Howard figure out who he was pretty quickly. Kim and Saul were terrified. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, scenario said:

I don't have as much respect for the police as you do. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if that as soon as they found out that the gun that killed Howard was used in other organized crime murders they micro focus on that and ignore all the other evidence. 

It's not respect. It's trusting the pursuit of self-interest. Getting things terribly wrong about the deaths of important people poses an obvious threat to entire institutions, thus massive resources are devoted to looking at their deaths. Even if they think it's a serial killer, they look at what was happening in the lives of victims. Howard is not a prostitute living on the street, or some poor slob getting by. Yes, if there was a convenient patsy to hang it on (the wealthy wife is definitely not a convenient patsy), they may not look hard too long. A uncaptured serial killer is not a convenient patsy. 

We may just disagree about this.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Starchild said:

It's funny you should say that. On Talking Saul, when they were briefly discussing (in general terms of course) what's coming in the back half of the season, Bob praised the writers, saying that we will not be able to predict what happens, but at the same time what happens will feel very organic and earned. 

I felt the same way as BB was ending. Even when things were shocking, they still felt right.

Absolutely!

I mean - every person speculating, I legit cannot recall anyone in the Interwebs thinking of Howard and Lalo and the end of Howie the Namaste lawyer..  (Of which I have been one.  I totally assumed Howard would suffer an accident and that would be the unintended consequence.)  But, while this was at the bottom, if not fully missing from most 'How will Howard's story end,' it makes perfect sense!

But that's the beauty of how damned good this story is built:  We know Lalo is out there somewhere.  But Howard has been stewing all day, after watching his life crater fully in a matter of hours at his, unintended, own hand...and then realizing it was just Chuckscame 2.0...and he's been stewing all day and the weight finally gets him to roll over to Jimmy and Kims to give them a piece of Howard's mind since it's pretty much all he is going to have left. 

THEN -- two charachters who have no reason to intersect or have a relationship get thrown together, and the genius is that it makes perfect sense and you dread what you suspect is coming but hope and OH NO THERE GOES GILLIGAN CRUSHING MY SOUL again.

Those slow episodes, in retrospect, don't seem quite so slow when you reflect on how tightly this story rounds out everything - including two known, and unrelated characters coming together by chance and throwing all the shit up in the air because of it!

• Love 9

Lalo didn't care about "cleaning up" the Travel Wire body, he couldn't care less about Howard's body. And Lalo has as many burner guns as Jimmy has burner phones. I don't think Hank or Gomie will be interested in Howard's death.

By talking after hearing the wire tap sounds, Lalo is in effect letting Gus know he's alive. Sh#t just got real, lol!

"roll over to Jimmy and Kims to give them a piece of Howard's mind since it's pretty much all he is going to have left."

Heh, Lalo gave J/K "a piece of Howard's mind". 🤓

• Love 4