Type keyword(s) to search

[BUG, RESOLVED] Have to log in twice every time

gonzosgirrl

Using Firefox on Windows 10 desktop. For the last couple weeks every time I log in I get an error and have to log in again. Second time works every time. If this isn't an known problem, I will take a screen shot of the error message next time.

Hi again. It am using my Windows 10 desktop computer, and Firefox 100.0.2 (64 bit). Each time I try to log in, I get this error. Then I try again and it works the second time, every time.  At the bottom of the screen it says Error code 2S119/1  (see screen cap).

pterror.jpg

It's a CSRF error - for your logged in session - if you have this site bookmarked "oddly" or are logging in and out frequently across devices sometimes old session information remains in the caches and when you "log in" again it sees the old stuff and compares with the new stuff and say "no." As you can see when you log in a second time everything is "fresh" and working.

So 1, it's harmless, and 2, strange you encounter it regularly. I'm not saying you are holding it wrong but there might be some strangeness associated with your browsing-flow here that triggers it.

For members, the CSRF stuff only really comes into play when you try to "do" something related to content (create, delete, move) or your account (change pw, addresses, basic info, settings) which is why I wonder about your bookmark or what url you try to come back in under  - as those urls where you are doing something have a CSRF key attached and if you bookmark an old one it will always conflict when trying to login again.

But in the end, all this is harmless and working as intended (conflicting CSRF key will always error out)

5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Hi again. It am using my Windows 10 desktop computer, and Firefox 100.0.2 (64 bit). Each time I try to log in, I get this error. Then I try again and it works the second time, every time.  At the bottom of the screen it says Error code 2S119/1  (see screen cap).

Happens to me as well (same specs as you).  Does not happen when I use Chrome, so maybe it is a FF issue.

My browsers are set to clear cache on closing, FYI.

3 hours ago, raven said:

Happens to me as well (same specs as you).  Does not happen when I use Chrome, so maybe it is a FF issue.

Mine also, and it only happens on Firefox. I've used the same bookmark to log in for years, and this started happening maybe three weeks or so ago (I'm a terrible judge of time). 

3 hours ago, raven said:

This would be caching on the server end.

Very strange all y'all are hitting this with Firefox exclusively. Noted.

This will remain on my radar but low priority for now.

8 hours ago, raven said:

Another data point here.  Same OS and browser.  But specifically, I run my FF as a portable app on a USB drive.  And this was also happening on the previous release of 100.0.1

4 hours ago, AllAstronauts said:

This will remain on my radar but low priority for now.

Even though it has been happening for about a week or so to me, it was also low priority since the second login always worked.  And with username and password in autofill, it was just 2 extra mouse clicks.  Barely any extra time, and only a slight annoyance.

Still happening and still annoying, lol. Just updating to add that I have tried it across multiple computers now (all Firefox, all Windows 10) and the same thing happens, so it's definitely not bookmark or cookie related.

This might be new info. If I use this area to attempt to log in, I get the do-over screen.

pt2.thumb.jpg.84e4d8604a225eb3a7b50de80b9e1937.jpg

But if I don't enter anything and just click 'Sign In' (black button), it takes me to this screen, where the log-in works the first time.

pt1.thumb.jpg.213af4eda429b59858b77e444d82f02d.jpg

Fingers crossed; it might be fixed.

This time, I waited until it worked correctly at least twice in as many days before mentioning it.

(Watch it break again tomorrow now that I've posted again.)

I'm having trouble again. I could see the website, but it wouldn't let me log in, until I changed my password. I wondered if my account was gone. I logged in just now, and it gave me the error message in the first post. Once I clicked the "home" link, it was fine. 

On 7/5/2022 at 1:56 AM, SVNBob said:

(Watch it break again tomorrow now that I've posted again.)

On the one hand, it did break again.

On the other, it lasted a couple more days than "predicted", since it stopped working today.