Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: If I Have To Turn This Car Around

• Start Topic

Brother John is drunk and/or on something else, right? He's slurry, shaky, really aggressive, and makes little to no sense when he speaks. That, coupled with living off little brother and how protective Patrick is, makes me think major substance abuse issue.

I was appalled at Mother Jibri, she needs to visit her own therapist and stop projecting her insecurities on Miona. Listen, Miona's no prize but she's not walking around nude. Mother Jibri jumps from pretending concern for her "experience" and how she'll be perceived as less intelligent (?) to straight up admitting that she doesn't want her husband looking at those young boobies. Then when Miona finally gives in to make it stop, conceding it's her home and she'll comply,  although she's not happy about it--Mother Jibri accuses her of being FAKE?!  It ain't a great advertisement for your therapy practice, ya psycho.

Bilal--still die in a fire.

Bini and Ari-- fast forward, don't care

Mohamed--I still say potential murderer with that nightmarish voice. Yve breaks too many rules, he's gonna smother her with a pillow while whispering, sorry but I had to do this, it's isssssslam rulessssssss....

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, sandwoman said:

She's 30 right? It's really wild to me that she's soooo butthurt at the mere IDEA of getting a job, working, and paying bills. Like... what did she think would happen? And doesn't she have any self-respect? I know there are lazy people in the world, people who don't want to work, but it's kind of amazing to see her so baldly be like "AHHH! I have to get a job! THIS IS SO HARD FOR ME!" 

She wants to travel and blog on someone else’s dime her whole worthless life.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I really don't see why Jibri's mom asking Miona to please dress more modestly in HER HOME where they are both living apparently rent free is a problem for anyone.  There is no reason she has to wear revealing clothing around his parents when it clearly makes them uncomfortable IN THEIR OWN HOME.  It really doesn't matter her reasoning behind the request.  It's HER home and she can make the rules.  If Miona was so offended by it, then she can go find a different place to live.

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

It appears that Bunion’s MMA career has really taken off. So far he has earned $1M no money from his efforts. I’m shocked, SHOCKED that he hasn’t contributed to the family’s finances. PLUS, he’s a mere 5’7” (probably shorter; see Tom Cruise). Oh Areola, you really picked a winner.

And his last fight, according to these stats, was in August, 2021.  I'm sure Ari put the kibosh on his MMA dream pretty fast so he could do something that could possibly earn money.  He did win both of his fights, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

We were discussing in the Live Chat how much Jibri and Miona's storyline seems to be following Russ and Pao's trajectory from several years back.  Russ' mom asked Pao to cover up when she first arrived, too.  However, Pao was wearing skimpy negligees and the family was very conservative religious folk.  I don't know about Jibri's family, but judging from his get ups alone, they seem to be a bit more open minded.  And, so far, the clothes Miona sports may be tacky, but are pretty average for this day and age.  Actually, come to think of it, Jibri was showing more inappropriate flesh when his pants split and he didn't bother to change them.  😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Chellichik said:

It's HER home and she can make the rules.  If Miona was so offended by it, then she can go find a different place to live

Amen! I mean, the parents are open to letting them share a room while they are staying there (not in my house!), asking for help cooking a few meals (more than a few here if we are working and you are not)... these are the homeowners/primary renters. It's their right to set house rules to protect their own comfort, period. Mom tap danced around the discussion, but she didn't say "don't wear it ever...." she said, not in my house, and did you know how it might be interpreted in this town/state/country that you are brand new to?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

It appears that Bunion’s MMA career has really taken off. So far he has earned $1M no money from his efforts. I’m shocked, SHOCKED that he hasn’t contributed to the family’s finances. PLUS, he’s a mere 5’7” (probably shorter; see Tom Cruise). Oh Areola, you really picked a winner.

I imagine he might have thought this would be a suitable career where minimal English would be necessary: Kick, punch, grunt, sit, stay, no biting, no barking, good boy!! They will be living in Mommy and Daddy's basement before thst one year lease is up. 

Y'all have covered Bile's nastiness thoroughly. 

Roided up meathead Pat and his brother Bunchy Donovan are quite the pair. And I  thought he said he spoke Portuguese but I understood everything he said and I only understand Spanish. At least Thais might get a green card out of this.

Guillermo seems like the most mature adult on this season - so far. Kara is headed in the direction of the need for meetings in a church basement if she keeps up the partying and blackout drinking. 

Yve will have her hands full with two children to cater to. Mohammed seems like a passive aggressive creep.

• LOL 5
  • Love 13

Bilal acts like he's so high & mighty, but I can't help noticing that he's put himself on one of the trashiest reality shows on THE trashiest network. If he was so financially successful, why did he feel the need to apply to be on this show? None of his affectations match his reality. He really shouldn't be issuing lessons or lectures to anyone besides himself. Clean your own house before criticizing how other people keep their's. 

Between Kara & Guillermo, he's the only one who seems like a mature adult. She's got a drinking problem and she's pretending it's just part of her personality. 

Ari is such a psycho! She totally ruined a nice day with Bini by being an unnecessary dick. ("An Unnecessary Dick" is now in the running for the title to my autobiography/memoir. 🤣) She's not supporting them, her parents are. She's been ungrateful and kvetchy about the apartment her mom rented for them being too pricey. She's acting like she has all this knowledge and experience, but ask her to get a job and support herself, and she freaks out & tries blaming Bini for not being able to work yet. She's impossible to please. Leandro dodged a bullet.

• Love 14
(edited)

I thought the brother who was drinking beer for breakfast looked drunk.   People who drink alcohol for breakfast, are drunk in the morning and pick fights for no reason might have an alcohol problem.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 11

Bilal and Shaeeda: Mr. Passive Aggressive I can do what I want and dish it out to you but don't dish it out back. I would probably start to make arrangements to leave and end the engagement if that is how he is going to treat me. Buy me a latte but I should probably drink it in the kitchen. I wouldn't want someone hitting me when I was driving unless there was a bug on me and I was given a warning so I could stop. Save the slap for another time. Go pick up the kids to take them to the mosque but I sit in the front seat. Take me to the mosque but don't spend time with me, don't introduce me to the community/friends/Imam/anything. These two need to sit down and really talk if they have any hopes of having any sort of successful and non-codependent relationship/marriage.

Mohamed and Yve: So Yve calls up the plumber to install the bidet. She has been an independent woman who is capable of dealing with tradespeople, repair people, etc. but now that Mohamed is there, she can't be near the plumber or really, anyone. Did they talk about what life will be like with each other? Did she research what she was getting in to? A controlling manchild who picks and chooses whatever parts of his religion and culture he likes to follow? How is she going to manage in her place of business? He will be the receptionist who will greet people at the door and be present at all her therapy sessions? Plumbers do see all sorts of people and one I knew would tell stories. Have no idea why she picked someone Muslim if she was not going to change her life. Did he tell her that she didn't have to convert but oh yeah, I now set the rules? I would be hard pressed to obey a 25 year old. Both need a reality check to make this relationship work. I wouldn't put up with it.

Bini and Ari: Bini takes Mahattan! Or maybe somewhere in New Jersey. Not all folks on the subway enjoy free entertainment. Bini has a lot of dreams that probably won't happen. Has Ari come up with any ideas for her own employment - Bini can look after Avi til he gets his work permit. No idea what his dreams of a MMA fighter entail and if he has any chance at a career. He could do personal training but he may have to take a more lower skilled job for a while to get some money coming in and then start getting some clients. Don't know if Ari's parents can support them longterm. Bini probably regrets getting involved with Ari - he would most likely be happier at home with his better coffee. New York is very expensive and both currently don't have any prospects to even think about a life there.

Patrick and Thais: You and me, and my brother. Who probably has a substance abuse problem and is jealous that the little brother is importing a 'hot' wife. She did like the dog - for now. Wonder if she realizes how much work and time it will take to train the little guy. Oh, and Thais, don't expect a lot of privacy with the brother living with you and your future husband. You will have to dress a bit more conservatively and maybe wear a robe in the AM. The AM drinking is a bit of a problem - don't know if it is only on days off or more longterm. Steaks are expensive and I would have picked up the steak, washed it off and put it back on the stove to get the few seconds of bacteria off.  There will be some adjustment issues.

Guillermo and Kara: So she likes to drink. See Patrick's brother above. Is it a 20s thing only? Party time before settling down and becoming more of a social drinker? Guillermo seems a bit more mature than her and notes that she does drink a lot, gets drunk, doesn't want to leave the party early. Nice to have friends to grill/interrogate the fiance. If my friend mentioned a red flag, fine, but please stay out of my life as I can make my own choices.

Miona and Jibby: So Jibby's mom uses showing Miona how to use a North American washer and dryer to make digs about her attire. It is her house and she does set the rules. The parents are also supporting the both of them. If it is late fall and winter is coming, the crop top may not be the best clothing choice for the time of year and especially a cold winter day. It's fine in a warm house. I would probably get a few longer tops and save the crops for when I go out. I don't know if it's a morality thing. Rapid City is not LA and stuff that works in LA doesn't always work in the flyover states. Especially ones that get a real winter. Maybe after a couple of weeks Miona can see how the locals dress and adjust accordingly if necessary. Are the crops in poor fashion taste? Yeah, probably. Her attire is about as good as Jibby's. Miona then twisted the laundry adventures so that Jibby would make a case for her. Uh, get your own place.

• Love 11

Does anyone think Pat looks like this?

3E5281C9-677C-47C3-BF14-BA0F7BE91BF3.jpeg

17 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Bilal acts like he's so high & mighty, but I can't help noticing that he's put himself on one of the trashiest reality shows on THE trashiest network. If he was so financially successful, why did he feel the need to apply to be on this show? None of his affectations match his reality. He really shouldn't be issuing lessons or lectures to anyone besides himself. Clean your own house before criticizing how other people keep their's. 

Between Kara & Guillermo, he's the only one who seems like a mature adult. She's got a drinking problem and she's pretending it's just part of her personality. 

Ari is such a psycho! She totally ruined a nice day with Bini by being an unnecessary dick. ("An Unnecessary Dick" is now in the running for the title to my autobiography/memoir. 🤣) She's not supporting them, her parents are. She's been ungrateful and kvetchy about the apartment her mom rented for them being too pricey. She's acting like she has all this knowledge and experience, but ask her to get a job and support herself, and she freaks out & tries blaming Bini for not being able to work yet. She's impossible to please. Leandro dodged a bullet.

Yes employers are desperate for help so I guess it’s not that she can’t find a job but that she doesn’t want one.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Except the parents no longer have a house; they live in the same apartment complex.  

I stand corrected. They will be living in Mommy and Daddy's second bedroom.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, lizajane said:

Hopefully they have two and if so it isn’t being used as a home office lol.  Bini is on crack if he thinks they can afford Manhattan but maybe Queens like we saw with Steven and Olga on Diaries.

• Love 5

Bini is probably thinking he's going to make it big because he's seen it in the American movies plus he's on a reality tv show seen by millions...I can understand him dreaming big right now...he excited, this is a new life for him! .at least he has ambition...I think Ari took him to her hometown to not only share where she grew up which is normal. but her bragging went too far...saying they could never afford to live there, if she was bought up well enough I guess she may have somewhat of a good education to fall back on, and could start from the bottom with a career, she just needs the confidence to do it...or at least support Bini's dreams...the problem is it will take a while for Bini to even get any kind of work given his visa status and they aren't married yet.  What they should be doing is going down to the court house and getting married asap, they could had gotten married in Africa even.(but thaat wouldn't give them another 90 day fiance show)..given Ari doesn't work or maybe not planning too I guess her parents will be the sponsors....if not then Ari needs a job asap...unless she has another person willing to take that 10 year risk.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, lizajane said:

Yes, Janice and Fred, live in the apartment complex, and a couple of floors above Ari and Bini.   Smart move since they bought a little basketball goal for Avi, they live above and can't possibly hear the basketball bouncing, or anything else. 

Pity the neighbors.   It's a total crock too about the apartment, Ari said she didn't want the apartment, because it's two bedroom, but if Janice signed the lease, then she's on the hook for a year's lease, and there's no way Miss Princeton Princess had the money to get the lease, so probably the producers rented it.   

Is there any money in MMA fighting for someone in Bini's weight class?    Especially that his only reputation in any field  is in Butt Bongo performance.   There's no way he's getting hired as a personal trainer, they need certifications for a gym, and if he wants to do online, you need a website for payment, and that means infrastructure.     

Mama Jibri was pretty tactful considering she was standing in front of Miona and her attacking nipples.    Wait until winter comes to South Dakota.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, nickieca1 said:

Bini is probably thinking he's going to make it big because he's seen it in the American movies plus he's on a reality tv show seen by millions...I can understand him dreaming big right now...he excited, this is a new life for him! .at least he has ambition...I think Ari took him to her hometown to not only share where she grew up which is normal. but her bragging went too far..

NYC is a dream come true for Bini, he's excited! Heidi - I mean, Ari - let him have that. Don't be so insecure as to take that from him. At one point, she lashed out that if it wasn't for her, they wouldn't even be there. That's the way to kill joy, lady. Yes, there are things to discuss, but why can't you wait a day or two so that Bini can enjoy what may have been a lifelong dream? Creating memories? You ruined it. How selfish can you get?

Ari continues to show absolutely no interest in her son. When she walked in the bedroom with American coffee, not only did she not even acknowledge Avi, she didn't even look at him. He needs a diaper change, out the door goes Ari. In the car, not one iota of attention to the baby. She really doesn't offer much, does she? Kudos for Bini; he looks to be an adoring dad.

• Love 15

Might be an unpopular opinion but I am with Jibjab’s Mom on this one. He gripes about her treating him like a 13 year old. And Miona gets pissed when she asks her to tone down her wardrobe. 
She was pretty nice about it. I would have told my son for his freeloading ass to get a job and take Miona and her high beams and get the fuck out.

Oh and don’t even get me started on Bile. So apparent why he has an ex- wife. Felt like I was watching the movie “Sleeping with the Enemy”, scary!

• Love 14
(edited)

Any one find it very odd Bilal's ex came up and said hi outside the church?...why didn't she say hi inside inside the church after service..she would had known whom she was with the camera crew following her around and being a new face.  I think Bilal told her not too, and mentioned what happened, knowing what he is like..either took his side or didn't want to get involved...she quickly wanted to go off to do "things".                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         cown and spotted the newbie ..esp with a camera crew following ...

Edited by nickieca1
missed word
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

There's a large Ethiopian population living in a nearby 'burb to me. I have found them to be very short. I'm 5'9 or 10" and the ones I've interacted with are all 5'1 or 2". I feel like an Amazon woman towering over them. If Bunion is 5'7" he is a giant then.

• Love 3

Jibab's mom seems okay for her own son to dress how he likes...which is very flamboyant..but has an issue with his adult girlfriend's choice of clothes is quite hypocritical.  If she's uncomfortable about her wearing short crop tops around the house...be direct, and ask that she wears them when she's going out and not for lounging...If the town is so small, that people will be judged, then her son is already being judged I'm certain of it.....wonder if this is deliberate producer shenanigans to create drama and fake tension...as they aren't that interesting.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Lurk said:

There's a large Ethiopian population living in a nearby 'burb to me. I have found them to be very short. I'm 5'9 or 10" and the ones I've interacted with are all 5'1 or 2". I feel like an Amazon woman towering over them. If Bunion is 5'7" he is a giant then.

Maybe they don’t consume a lot of dairy?  Americans have grown a lot over the last century or so supposedly because of all the dairy we consume.

14 minutes ago, nickieca1 said:

Jibab's mom seems okay for her own son to dress how he likes...which is very flamboyant..but has an issue with his adult girlfriend's choice of clothes is quite hypocritical.  If she's uncomfortable about her wearing short crop tops around the house...be direct, and ask that she wears them when she's going out and not for lounging...If the town is so small, that people will be judged, then her son is already being judged I'm certain of it.....wonder if this is deliberate producer shenanigans to create drama and fake tension...as they aren't that interesting.

His clothes are odd but not revealing or hypersexual.

• Love 9

I KNEW those brothers worked for Vivent security. I’m in Texas and They sell door to door here and they have a reputation in my area for being super pushy and rude if you tell them no. They’re always super douch-y looking younger guys - EXACTLY like these two. I literally hide from them when they’re in the neighborhood because they stay on your porch for forever and knock more aggressively if they hear that you’re inside and ignoring them. I hate those guys so much. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 5
On 5/21/2022 at 1:24 AM, MrBuhBye said:

He seems jealous that his brother has a hot girlfriend.  But with that attitude he is unlikely to find one for himself.   And I’m sorry you don’t eat a steak off the floor especially with a new puppy around.

Boston John is the big brother.  His little brother has the attractive Brazilian fiance, big house, nice car, etc.

• Useful 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Ladystardust said:

I literally hide from them when they’re in the neighborhood because they stay on your porch for forever and knock more aggressively if they hear that you’re inside and ignoring them. I hate those guys so much. 

Easy solution: When an unwanted person knocks on your front door, stand on the other side and say very loudly, "I'M NOT INTERESTED. GO AWAY." If they persist after that, call 911 and report this stranger at your front door who's harassing you and won't leave. They have no right to be on your property after you clearly tell them to leave, and if they stay, it's Trespassing at a minimum and possibly Harassment as well, depending on your local laws.

Alternatively, you can place the following sign on your front door: Attention to all solicitors, salespeople, proselytizers and/or campaigners: My fee for listening to you is $50 per minute, payable in advance. By knocking on this door and/or ringing this doorbell, you are indicating your acceptance of these terms. If you do not accept these terms, leave immediately.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Guillermo and Kara: So she likes to drink. See Patrick's brother above. Is it a 20s thing only? Party time before settling down and becoming more of a social drinker? Guillermo seems a bit more mature than her and notes that she does drink a lot, gets drunk, doesn't want to leave the party early. Nice to have friends to grill/interrogate the fiance. If my friend mentioned a red flag, fine, but please stay out of my life as I can make my own choices.

If you're 30 years old getting black out drunk all the time, you're just an alcoholic.  Full stop.  She's not in college anymore.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Might be an unpopular opinion but I am with Jibjab’s Mom on this one. He gripes about her treating him like a 13 year old. And Miona gets pissed when she asks her to tone down her wardrobe. 
She was pretty nice about it. I would have told my son for his freeloading ass to get a job and take Miona and her high beams and get the fuck out.

Oh and don’t even get me started on Bile. So apparent why he has an ex- wife. Felt like I was watching the movie “Sleeping with the Enemy”, scary!

I am very confident in my marriage and my husband, but he doesn't need those high beams showing up at breakfast!!  I have a son Jibjab's age and if he and his girlfriend moved in with us (ugh!) I would definitely hand her a big shirt to put over that t-shirt and politely ask her to wear more while in our home interacting with us.  

• Love 12

Momma Ari needs to hire her a dresser again.  What a hot mess Ari has been!  She didn't even clean up to go into the city.  Momma Ari also needs to get Ari's squinty little eyes checked!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Easy solution: When an unwanted person knocks on your front door, stand on the other side and say very loudly, "I'M NOT INTERESTED. GO AWAY." If they persist after that, call 911 and report this stranger at your front door who's harassing you and won't leave. They have no right to be on your property after you clearly tell them to leave, and if they stay, it's Trespassing at a minimum and possibly Harassment as well, depending on your local laws.

Alternatively, you can place the following sign on your front door: Attention to all solicitors, salespeople, proselytizers and/or campaigners: My fee for listening to you is $50 per minute, payable in advance. By knocking on this door and/or ringing this doorbell, you are indicating your acceptance of these terms. If you do not accept these terms, leave immediately.

For many years I have owned a doormat that says GO AWAY in large letters. 

Miona is from Serbia, where it also gets cold. They had a Winter Olympics in Sarajevo in 1984. She probably owns a coat so what she wears under it can be as skimpy as the traffic will bear. And my personal experience with women who are from Eastern Europe is that they like to dress sexy. All the time. To me the whole thing is a tempest in a teapot. Someone should go wake up the folks in the Sharp Productions writers' room and tell them to come up with some new plots because these old ones are threadbare. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Bunion, who wakes up every fucking day wondering what the hell he was thinking when he humped Areola without using a condom. Because this, Bunion, is your life now. Sucks to be you.

Sorry, I think Bini won the lottery in this scenario. I mean, look before this he was playing butt bongos in Ethiopia, I assume living with his two witchy sisters. It was an easy life in the sense that he didnt' do much, and not much was expected of him, but really what is the life expectancy there? The quality of life he could expect to enjoy? I mean, I can't imagine playing butt bongos and banging tourists is something that would be as successful if he made it to 50s and 60s. Now he lives in Princeton, he is on his way to getting his green card, he isn't expected to work for months while his papers process, his rich in laws front all his bills because he managed to give them an adorable grandkid. For some people even working a menial job in the US trumps any expectation they had in their home country, depending on that country and I would say Ethiopia fits the bill. 

I think Loser of the week is Shaeeda....I can see why he got annoyed but he took it way too far. And it was awkward and borderline cruel just leaving her to wander aimlessly inside the mosque rather than introducing her to his community. Girl needs to run back home....I know that 

Spoiler

they did get legally married in the US in December so she decides to put up iwth his bullshit. I just don't see why---she ended prior engagements, why not  cut this one loose? The only guess I have is, her biological clock. It is ticking loud and she somehow thinks this man will be a great baby daddy. Since jackass hasn't been honest and said nope, no more kids for me. 

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

For many years I have owned a doormat that says GO AWAY in large letters. 

Miona is from Serbia, where it also gets cold. They had a Winter Olympics in Sarajevo in 1984. She probably owns a coat so what she wears under it can be as skimpy as the traffic will bear. And my personal experience with women who are from Eastern Europe is that they like to dress sexy. All the time. To me the whole thing is a tempest in a teapot. Someone should go wake up the folks in the Sharp Productions writers' room and tell them to come up with some new plots because these old ones are threadbare. 

I had that doormat too!! My side door had one that said GOOD BYE.

Miona strikes me as the kind of gal that in the winter will wear a mini skirt, uggs and a crop top with a winter coat open down around her shoulders.

• Love 5

I have my contractor coming to the house today for some electrical work, thank goodness my husband is here too, I wouldn't want to be alone with a workman in my house, what would the neighbors think!

So in the Orthodox Jewish world single women do not go out in public with men that are not her father or brother because of what it might look like. Appearance is everything, like having vegan cheese on a burger would not be done because of what it looks like, (cheese, or dairy with meat is a dietary no-no).  I am guessing Mohammed is worried the neighbors would think Yve was not pure as the driven snow, he is worried about this as he climbs in to their shared bed, lol.

Side note, my husband has twin girls who are in there late 30s and are Orthordox and one of them would not play pool with her father and her brother because she didn't want to be seen in public with single male...it was her brother for crying out loud! I roll my eyes at that nonsense. 

• Love 7

Any fellow posters ever watch a reality TV show called "The A List" on LOGO TV?  I really loved that show and was sorry to see it go.

Patrick could pass for Austin Armacost's much less attractive, squishy faced relative.  

armacost2.jpg

The scene with Jibroni and his mother....he reminded me of the scene in Grown Ups, or maybe it was the sequel, where the guys want to jump in the watering hole and they find the frat guys hanging out there. The frat guys who say "bro" a lot and do multiple back flips in a row and JUST SO STOKED and PISSED OFF that the oldies are in THEIR spot. He could have been taken out of that scene----the OUTRAGE at his mom coming from a grown ass man with pink hair and lipstick who lives rent free in HER home. I was waiting for him to stand up, flip the table and start dancing or doing backflips while screaming NOT COOL Mom! NOT COOL! 

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

I have a no soliciting sign (which is legally binding in my city) but they don’t care. You can’t solicit in my city without a permit either - again, they don’t care. They’re also known to get aggressive if people ask them to leave.  I work alone from home and don’t want to risk retaliation (there are some  nuts people here). People have called the cops on illegal solicitors before but it’s a big city and I live on the outskirts and the cops have better things to do and don’t really care either 🤷‍♀️  Most people leave when they see the sign except Vivint and a particular pest control company 🙄

They also give discounts for new customers to write these glowing reviews on social media but if you look at reviews from current customers they’re terrible. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Sorry, I think Bini won the lottery in this scenario. I mean, look before this he was playing butt bongos in Ethiopia, I assume living with his two witchy sisters. It was an easy life in the sense that he didnt' do much, and not much was expected of him, but really what is the life expectancy there? The quality of life he could expect to enjoy?

My white hot hatred of Areola disproportionately factors into my opinion, but it’s just an opinion. The mere fact of having to awaken to her and her incessant kvetching, plus Janice’s constant passive-aggressive comments would make even paradise seem like hell to me. His options in Ethiopia were limited, but living with Debbie Downer et al., being reminded how grateful he’s supposed to be day in and day out and not being allowed to offer an opinion about their life without being shot down can become wearisome, but good luck to them.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Ladystardust said:

I KNEW those brothers worked for Vivent security. I’m in Texas and They sell door to door here and they have a reputation in my area for being super pushy and rude if you tell them no. They’re always super douch-y looking younger guys - EXACTLY like these two. I literally hide from them when they’re in the neighborhood because they stay on your porch for forever and knock more aggressively if they hear that you’re inside and ignoring them. I hate those guys so much. 

I did a little research about Vivint and learned this about the Solar branch of the company (which I think might also apply to the original Home Security company as well) 

“Is vivint a Mormon owned company?

In fact, Vivint Solar, a startup founded by an entrepreneur and former Mormon missionary, finds members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who knocked on doors as part of their own missions are among its best salespeople, making up about half the salesforce.”

The aggressive sales techniques and douchey looking salesmen are starting to make sense, now, although I’m pretty sure Patrick and John are NOT LDS. 

*Stephen, (of Alina+) you might want to look into this sales career since you don’t like to kill bugs 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Sorry, I think Bini won the lottery in this scenario. I mean, look before this he was playing butt bongos in Ethiopia, I assume living with his two witchy sisters. It was an easy life in the sense that he didnt' do much, and not much was expected of him, but really what is the life expectancy there? The quality of life he could expect to enjoy? I mean, I can't imagine playing butt bongos and banging tourists is something that would be as successful if he made it to 50s and 60s. Now he lives in Princeton, he is on his way to getting his green card, he isn't expected to work for months while his papers process, his rich in laws front all his bills because he managed to give them an adorable grandkid. For some people even working a menial job in the US trumps any expectation they had in their home country, depending on that country and I would say Ethiopia fits the bill. 

I think Loser of the week is Shaeeda....I can see why he got annoyed but he took it way too far. And it was awkward and borderline cruel just leaving her to wander aimlessly inside the mosque rather than introducing her to his community. Girl needs to run back home....I know that 

Reveal spoiler

they did get legally married in the US in December so she decides to put up iwth his bullshit. I just don't see why---she ended prior engagements, why not  cut this one loose? The only guess I have is, her biological clock. It is ticking loud and she somehow thinks this man will be a great baby daddy. Since jackass hasn't been honest and said nope, no more kids for me. 

IIRC, Bini often had three or more jobs in Ethiopia, so I don't feel he is opposed to hard work, or just did nothing while living with his sisters/roommates.  I love to joke about his Butt Bongo expertise, as well- such a memorable scene, but that was part of a dance routine, which he seemed very skilled at.  There are quite a few things he could do in the US to earn money- it's Ari who is lazy and dependent on her parents.  And living with her would erase all joy from his new life, kind of like winning the lotto and never getting the money!

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

IIRC, Bini often had three or more jobs in Ethiopia, so I don't feel he is opposed to hard work, or just did nothing while living with his sisters/roommates.  I love to joke about his Butt Bongo expertise, as well- such a memorable scene, but that was part of a dance routine, which he seemed very skilled at.  There are quite a few things he could do in the US to earn money- it's Ari who is lazy and dependent on her parents.  And living with her would erase all joy from his new life, kind of like winning the lotto and never getting the money!

I don’t understand these people that come here without a plan to live and make money. They know that one can’t work for at least several months and the other will have to support them but they still have no job or plan for this. I don’t get it. 

• Love 5

Brother John: I didn't know who I loathed more, Brother John or Bilal - this week it's Bilal.

I hate Brother John with a vengeance. But then my heart softened a bit - just a bit and it will be temporary - when I heard Patrick and John had an abusive childhood. So that's it. That's why Brother John is such an unrelenting pain in the ass. He's got his guard up, he's afraid of losing Patrick, it's no longer the two of them, now he's the outsider, the third wheel, the guy who is alone. This guy is damaged. That's no excuse though and it doesn't mean that I won't still hate what he puts out there - attacking Thais and behaving like a moron. Brother John: Go get some counseling to work through all of your issues and don't put Patrick in the position of trying to have a relationship with a woman while keeping you happy. There is no way a woman would want to be a part of YOUR life until you clean up all that anger brewing inside of you up, making you a miserable person to be around. Oh, stop the drinking too, you clearly have a drinking problem. Lastly, it's time to consider moving out and giving your brother a chance to have a successful relationship without your drama,, although this is TLC's whole storyline, so that obviously won't be happening.

I don't blame Jibby's mom for respectfully asking Mimosa to dress more modestly around her home. It's her home and she should feel comfortable living there. She's already gracious enough to invite Mimosa into her home while her son and Mimosa try and get their footing before their imagined move to LA.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ladystardust said:

IPeople have called the cops on illegal solicitors before but it’s a big city and I live on the outskirts and the cops have better things to do and don’t really care either 🤷‍♀️  Most people leave when they see the sign except Vivint and a particular pest control company

But that's the key: You don't know who this person is. This total stranger SAYS he's from Vivent Security or whoever: maybe he is, or maybe he's a criminal who wants you to open the door so he can invade your home and brutalize you. You have no way of knowing. All you know is that some guy is repeatedly banging on your door after being told to leave. Under those circumstances, you are 100% justified in calling the police and telling them you feel unsafe because this maniac is stalking you. When the officer comes, make sure he takes down the guy's name. If your window is broken or door spray-painted a couple of days later, you'll have a Prime Suspect already.

People will treat you the way you allow them to treat you. If you allow them to make you a prisoner in your own home, they'll do that. If you refuse to be treated that way, they won't.

Meanwhile, I still say that as long as Miona is covering her erogenous areas when walking around the house, Mahala needs to just let it be. The long-term solution, of course, is for the two of them to move out. And why is Jibri walking around with spray-painted PINK hair, of all things?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Breedom said:

I don't blame Jibby's mom for respectfully asking Mimosa to dress more modestly around her home. It's her home and she should feel comfortable living there. She's already gracious enough to invite Mimosa into her home while her son and Mimosa try and get their footing before their imagined move to LA.

Mother Jibri is catching hell on some forums for having the audacity to ask Miona to dress more appropriately IN HER HOME.  I simply do not get it.  This woman has opened her home to her adult son and his fiancée, and she is made to be a villain.  The two ingrates were insulted that they were asked to help prepare a meal.  For the record, the mother did not "riffle" through her laundry.  Miona gave the mother an item to put into the washing machine and she simply asked her what it was.  Much like Anfisa, I believe Miona is getting a pass because she is attractive.  In the meantime, lesser attractive Ari and Emily's feet are being held to the fire and rightly so.  

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Mother Jibri is catching hell on some forums for having the audacity to ask Miona to dress more appropriately IN HER HOME.  I simply do not get it.  This woman has opened her home to her adult son and his fiancée, and she is made to be a villain.  The two ingrates were insulted that they were asked to help prepare a meal.  For the record, the mother did not "riffle" through her laundry.  Miona gave the mother an item to put into the washing machine and she simply asked her what it was.  Much like Anfisa, I believe Miona is getting a pass because she is attractive.  In the meantime, lesser attractive Ari and Emily's feet are being held to the fire and rightly so.  

I agree she has the right to ask her to cover up in her home, but it sort of reminds me of Paula (of ROOOS) and Yara where the in laws make assumptions about them because of how they dress. His mother even said, when she was out on the town, by all means dress how she wants to dress, have at it---it was a little squicky mentioning the step dad. However---maybe HE asked her to say something. Personal experience---my future stepson and his girlfriend stayed with us for about 2 weeks. I went downstairs one morning and my fiance and the girl were in the living room. He was staring at his phone and she was walking around in her PJs, which were sweats and a crop top, no bra. And, she has very large, saggy (sadly saggy for her age) breasts that were hanging out of the bottom. He told me later, i am so glad you came downstairs, I was super uncomfortable with her walking around like that, when she talked to me I felt like I had to look away, I didn't want her to think I was checking her out and feel strange but if you look at her it was sort of staring in the face. I have a feeling the boyfriend said something because she never came down with THAT much exposed again, but if she had, we were planning to say something. Mimosa on the other hand isn't actually exposing body parts so..... 

• Love 2