Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E12: We're on a Boat

• Start Topic

To me, what makes LCK unfair is that the chefs who make it almost to the end don't get the same second chance/redemption that earlier eliminations do.  Therefore, it seems a bit unfair that those perceived weaker/had weaker dishes get a chance that those who did not have a weak dish that eliminated them earlier don't have.  I would love to see Nick (or any of those still standing) get the same second chance at coming back as all of the previously eliminated had.  Even if someone gets to the finale, never having lost, and then loses in the finale they don't get the same second chance.  Yes, I know LCK is here to stay and that great chefs get eliminated due to all kinds of reasons, but it irks me when a favorite of mine doesn't get a second chance.  Okay, over my rant but I really liked Nick and, as others have noted, I don't know Sarah like I know the others so don't have an investment in her.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/22/2022 at 8:24 PM, Colleenna said:

Well, darn. I was sad to see Nick go, but I'd have been sadder had it been  Damarr. 

But... TUCSON!!! The in-laws  live there (ALL of them,  and that's a butt-load of people). I've actually eaten at El Charro, many years ago when my MIL and FIL were  still alive.  Please, please,  no nopalitos. The thought makes me gag.

Total agreement on Nick vs. Damarr.

El Charro is legendary, I've eaten there many many times. Excited to see them go to where I grew up! It's not an epic finale locale but times being what they are...

On 5/21/2022 at 4:56 PM, Rai said:

Nick was one of my early faves, so I'm bummed that he's gone. The way he talked this whole episode about the opportunity and disappointment is one of the reasons why I got attached so early. He just seems like a warm, committed dude, and I dig it.

Watching Nick throughout and in his final talking head -- what a lovely human he is, just good of heart and spirit. And perhaps unfairly, one of the reasons I was rooting more for Damarr in this match-up is that Nick is the older brother. He won a fair bit of money on the show. He knows who he is. Everyone benefits from the title boost, but I think Nick has it going on already. Damarr is still coming up.

On 5/20/2022 at 11:38 AM, ProudMary said:

Honestly, this may be what I like about Buddha most of all!

Yes, I love that Buddha studies! To me that's a reason to like him more not think his wins are diminished because it.  I love that he does his homework and is analytical and yet also conceptual and whimsical. He's someone I'd hang out with.

Edited by snarktini
  • Like 1