Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E12: Caterpillar to a Butterfly

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, violet and green said:

I think they would all have a lot of explaining to do at the final tribal.

Lyndsay would need to explain her weird fixation on her season ally Jonathan blinding her into not playing an about to expire idol on her season ally Omar, leading to the wrong one going out on her watch.

Mike would need to explain his emotional gameplay.

Jonathan would need to explain why just lasting this long as an obvious challenge winner and all round beast was both a struggle and a victory.

Romeo would need to explain his collapse as a player while managing to stay in the game as the proposed target of almost every tribal at some point.

Maryanne would need to explain how one move after being on the bottom all season and often out of the loop makes her a winner.

No-one has a clear untarnished path to the win.

The only clear strategist in the pack was Omar, and he's gone, so no-one can spin a masterful yarn of how their brilliant strategy got them this far, in my view.

I think part of how hard it would be to sell yourself as a winner would depend upon who you were up against combined with your relationship with the jury members.   For example, if Omar was still in the mix, MaryAnne, heck anyone except maybe Lindsey, would be hard to argue they a better player.   But put someone against Romeo, and it is any easy case to make.  

• Love 2

Maryanne has intellectual assets above and beyond those remaining, I think. She also has the gift of the gab and a vivid and engaging style. So I think she will handle herself well in a final tribal. I wonder if Romeo will even make it to the final three with this cast as is.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

When Maryanne was selling her plan to Romeo she said "There are six people so there are six votes, right? Well that's a lie." Um, no, it's not a "lie," technically, it's just inaccurate because she has an extra vote. Nobody is going around lying saying there's only six votes. It just really struck me as odd. She's weird. Turns out, she's a pretty good player, but still weird.

Honestly, that to me was one of the least weird things she’s done. I think she was trying to shock him & wake him up so he could see a path forward where he’s integral to the end game!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Maryanne has intellectual assets above and beyond those remaining, I think. She also has the gift of the gab and a vivid and engaging style. So I think she will handle herself well in a final tribal. I wonder if Romeo will even make it to the final three with this cast as is.

She even sold the bunny eating in the mailbox as oh, MaryAnne is just being quirky again. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

She even sold the bunny eating in the mailbox as oh, MaryAnne is just being quirky again. 

...but she kinda was just being quirky with it lol

That was an "as-is" sale. She did it in the most authentic way ever. It was wrapped in a package that she already had lol

Drea's phrase sounded odd coming from her because she has this seriousness in her demeanor.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, violet and green said:

Maryanne would need to explain how one move after being on the bottom all season and often out of the loop makes her a winner.

If they had to face the jury right now, yes.

However, there are still two TCs to go.  Which means there's still opportunities (for all of them) to make additional moves.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SVNBob said:

If they had to face the jury right now, yes.

However, there are still two TCs to go.  Which means there's still opportunities (for all of them) to make additional moves.

And we know from the split tribal council that she can be very articulate when she wants to be.   I think she has been playing up her fun bubbly side to disarm her competitors.    

• Love 4

I thought Lindsey was amazingly dumb this episode. I would get not sharing her ideal with Omar to avoid looking like a tight 2 but that was not her reasoning. The assumption that they would or would not rehide an idol was silly. Unless they gave her a rule sheet that said "if an idol expires, we will not add another idol to the game" why would she assume they would not hide one. We've seen them hide them after someone gets kicked out with an idol in their pocket. Playing it or not has never been a key factor in "does another idol show up." So, I can't see basing your game on trying to keep them from hiding one. The show is going to shower you with idols or not depending on what they want to do,

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I thought Lindsey was amazingly dumb this episode. I would get not sharing her ideal with Omar to avoid looking like a tight 2 ...

I think this late in the game even that is kinda dumb. But in the end I just don't think Lindsey or Omar even realized he was in danger anyway.

• Love 6
(edited)
22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think this late in the game even that is kinda dumb. But in the end I just don't think Lindsey or Omar even realized he was in danger anyway.

They didn't. That was part of the dumbness.

...but even Maryanne told Omar about Mike's plan to target him. I feel like that should have been some sort of warning. I guess he figured that went out the window when Jonathan didn't win immunity.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 5
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

Not necessarily.  Lindsay would be vulnerable, too, since her amulet expired after this Tribal Council.  Only Mike and Maryanne technically have guaranteed safety with their own hidden Immunity Idols.  If Jonathan were to win immunity next, then Lindsay and Romeo would be the only targets at the following Tribal Council.

Watch someone else besides Jonathan or Lindsay win Final 5 immunity. I saw a glimpse of the challenge and I guess anyone could win it because it looks so massive. I’m dying to see how that plays out. Depending on who wins it and if it drives a (certain) storyline we might know in the first 15 minutes. LOL!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Watch someone else besides Jonathan or Lindsay win Final 5 immunity. I saw a glimpse of the challenge and I guess anyone could win it because it looks so massive. I’m dying to see how that plays out. Depending on who wins it and if it drives a (certain) storyline we might know in the first 15 minutes. LOL!!!!

My imaginary plot twist: Mike or Maryanne wins immunity, and gives their now-unnecessary idol to Romeo.

• LOL 2
29 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

Not necessarily.  Lindsay would be vulnerable, too, since her amulet expired after this Tribal Council.  Only Mike and Maryanne technically have guaranteed safety with their own hidden Immunity Idols.  If Jonathan were to win immunity next, then Lindsay and Romeo would be the only targets at the following Tribal Council.

No necessarily.   No one knows about MaryAnne’s idol.   I’d love to see her as the target and then whip out her idol at tribal.  

• Love 5

My observations:

Mike may be the most paranoid player ever.

Lindsey is a beast.

Romeo speaks!

Maryanne is the real butterfly in this game.

Jonathan is damn lucky to still be there.

Omer (Omar?) way overestimated his own game.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Haleth said:

My observations:

Mike may be the most paranoid player ever.

Lindsey is a beast.

Romeo speaks!

Maryanne is the real butterfly in this game.

Jonathan is damn lucky to still be there.

Omer (Omar?) way overestimated his own game.

Actually, I think Lindsey, Maryanne and Omar were lucky to be still in the game because of Jonathan. If he hadn’t won all those earlier challenges they would have been going to Tribal Council a lot more. I don’t think they would have gotten as far without him. IMO! I’m looking forward in seeing how this all plays out tonight. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

I think it's a wash, really.  Lindsay, Maryanne, and Omar were lucky to have Jonathan pre-merge, or the lack of challenge strength would've gotten more of them voted out before the merge.  But Jonathan's been lucky to have them post-merge, or his challenge strength would've gotten him voted out weeks ago.

Point well taken.

• Love 1

I hope Lindsay didn't mean the "I'd rather not play my idol, because once somebody plays one it goes back into circulation." seriously. Because then I'd lose a lot of respect for her. The idol she has is not a regular idol. It only became one due to the other parts being voted out and it doesn't even last any longer than this vote. It's pretty clear that production doesn't want it around after this vote, otherwise there wouldn't be the restriction.

And it got her closest ally voted out. I think with this dumbass move, she can't win anymore, if she makes it to the end. Everybody else left (except Romeo of course) has a better resume.

Edit: Well I guess it depends on what Omar tells the Jury. Because this was an unbelievably dumb move and would put her even below Mike in my book. But if the Jury never finds out how dumb the rationale was, no harm no foul.

Of course she'll still have to make it to the final 3 and that doesn't look good right now.

Edited by PurpleTentacle