Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Starting Over

jewel21
  • Start Topic

On 5/16/2022 at 8:02 PM, Maverick said:

Maybe back away from the meta a little, writers.  The call center will be ready in September.   Albert has an aptitude as a librarian or archeologist?  Yeah, we see you.  

Albert needs to come back next season and announce "Dude, I'm a Librarian!"

• LOL 3
On 5/20/2022 at 12:59 PM, WinJet0819 said:

As others have said, this whole break-up seemed to be manufactured drama to get Taylor out of the way. She runs a story, AFTER Noah is arrested, and that's all Buck needs to end things? And this after he kisses Lucy, and instead of coming right out and telling Taylor, he has her move in with him, basically trapping her. That is much worse. And then he says he wants to make this work. Didn't seem like it.

So, on the surface, all she did was run a story after the arrest, but Buck, being the giant immature spoiled baby that Buck always is, interpreted it as an assault on Buck's family, the crew at the fire house. That he's been a stupid shit to her all season isn't a consideration - and the move-in without honesty about Lucy is a shit move. Buck is an immature asshole to women. The only women he's ever treated well was wasshername the 911 operator and Maddie, and he treats Maddie like his surrogate mom.

What I worry about is that Taylor ISN'T necessarily gone and this is leading to a stupid plot next season where he and Lucy have to rescue her and she dies while tell Buck she's always loved him but now he should go be happy with Lucy. 

• Love 5

To me, the issue between Buck is one of trust. She looked him in the eye and promised not to do anything. Honestly, once it was breaking all it would have taken was one text or call with her saying "now that this is out there and no one is in harm's way I'm going with it." 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

To me, the issue between Buck is one of trust. She looked him in the eye and promised not to do anything. Honestly, once it was breaking all it would have taken was one text or call with her saying "now that this is out there and no one is in harm's way I'm going with it." 

And Buck looked Taylor in the eye, and instead of coming clean about kissing Lucy, he convinced her to move with her, effectively trapping her. So he can't run to the trust issue only when he's the one who feels wronged. Trust is a two-way street.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

And Buck looked Taylor in the eye, and instead of coming clean about kissing Lucy, he convinced her to move with her, effectively trapping her. So he can't run to the trust issue only when he's the one who feels wronged. Trust is a two-way street.

I agree but that's a whole other issue. The discussion was whether Taylor did something wrong by running with the story. My issue wasn't the story but her going back on her word. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I agree but that's a whole other issue. The discussion was whether Taylor did something wrong by running with the story. My issue wasn't the story but her going back on her word. 

I think the events don't exist in a vacuum. Buck has been dishonest to her with little to no apology or regret. She's dishonest back. Neither of them are innocent and I don't think I can separate Buck's treatment of her with dishonesty from her choice to betray her word to him for a good story. 

• Love 1
On 5/22/2022 at 1:53 PM, Redrum said:

The only women he's ever treated well was wasshername the 911 operator and Maddie, and he treats Maddie like his surrogate mom.

To be fair, Maddie was pretty much his surrogate mom.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 5/17/2022 at 12:23 AM, Mediocre Gatsby said:

Poor Taylor. No place to live because Buck invited her to give up her place for him. 

I was irrationally outraged on her behalf for this. 

On 5/19/2022 at 5:03 PM, kwnyc said:

Bobby needs to work his steps! And WHO is his sponsor? (I know this is ridiculous, but he's portrayed as a guy who is serious about his recovery.) And I REALLY don't buy Eddie being a sort of Handsome Yoda with all the answers after a couple months of therapy. If he can just shut up and slide down fire poles next season, I'm okay with that.

Oh this gave me a fresh perspective. I don't like Eddie and was annoyed he was back with the gang at the end, but when you think about it, having him separated was exactly what was giving him so much of his own story. Less of that would be great. (Except for visits, from his kid, the kid can show up anytime.)

• Like 1