Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E20: All or Nothing

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

NCIS investigates the unexpected death of a Navy reservist who was an investigative journalist. Also, Knight and Jimmy’s budding romance is put on hold when a vital organ transfer goes fatally wrong.

Even though I knew everything would turn out OK, I enjoyed the ep. Glad that annoying doctor was a bad guy. Ducky certainly has noticeably aged since I've last seen him. And I'm all aboard for Jight.

• Love 7

I enjoyed the episode, although I couldn't help but feel like they have done a very similar story before - anyone remember?

I am all in for Knight and Jimmy, though. I really like both their characters. I feel like I would date either of them, so they might as well date each other!

• LOL 5

Katrina Law has effortless chemistry with the whole cast. Some people swear by a PARKER & Knight pairing, and there are Knight + Kasie fans too.

Agree that Ducky looks and moves a lot older since we saw him Fall 2021 in 19x05 (explosives implanted inside unsuspecting people), which was Parker's first time leading the team as a visitor.

Parker is a weird and fascinating mix of everything. Secretive but reveals trivial stuff like he has a headache. Ignores his team members' personal dalliances to focus on the case, but still cares about their personal situations.

Case-wise, it clicked at the end why annoying doctor was so antsy and bolted out of the car. Because he was in on it.

• Love 3

Good episode - I like both Palmer and Knight so it was nice to see them get a focus, and it was awesome to see Ducky again. I wondered how the case would tie to the Palmer/Knight situation, and they linked it together nicely. I was surprised the irritating doctor was in on it, I didn’t see that coming. Good investigation and good case. And while I usually dislike romance on crime procedurals, I do think Palmer and Knight have good chemistry. Knight has been a good addition to the show, and so has Parker - I loved Parker’s scene with Ducky in the morgue. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Good episode - I like both Palmer and Knight so it was nice to see them get a focus, and it was awesome to see Ducky again. I wondered how the case would tie to the Palmer/Knight situation, and they linked it together nicely. I was surprised the irritating doctor was in on it, I didn’t see that coming. Good investigation and good case. And while I usually dislike romance on crime procedurals, I do think Palmer and Knight have good chemistry. Knight has been a good addition to the show, and so has Parker - I loved Parker’s scene with Ducky in the morgue. 

Xeliou66 - you said it all for me!  I'm another person who can't stand romantic pairings on these types of shows (I still gag when it comes to Rollins and Carisi on L&O SVU) but both Knight and Palmer are so likeable and they do have good chemistry, so I'm on board with that.   

Not looking forward to Parker and the ex-wife which will probably be one of these things with the "cute" bickering or they still have a flame for each other.   Why ruin a good thing with Parker - keep him mysterious and his personal life out of the show.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, 12catcrazy said:

Why ruin a good thing with Parker - keep him mysterious and his personal life out of the show.  

When has a show ever done something like that, lol.

I'm actually fine with Knight and Palmer as well because while they work together they don't have the same exact job and have some sort of separation of duties.  I liked seeing Ducky.  All-in-all a decent episode.  Heck, Torres didn't even annoy me this time though Casey was pushing it...

• Love 9

Awwww!  Palmer saves the day!  I love those episodes.  I'm on board with the Palmer/Knight romance.  They're cute together, and I don't see it interfering with the work.  As everyone has said, there's good chemistry between them, and I like that Palmer is reaching out of his comfort zone.  Breena was in his comfort zone, she was a mortician, therefore definitely understanding of his profession, but she was "safe".  Knight is a badass special agent, a little bit dangerous and exciting.  I'm glad to see that Palmer is confident enough to go for it.

I thought there was something odd about the transplant doc who insisted on accompanying them, but then I decided he was there comically cockblock Palmer's wooing of Knight.  Then it turned out he was with the bad guys....nice misdirection, writers!

I usually like Kasie and her quirks, but this manic gambling obsession was out of left field, and it didn't add anything but annoyance to the plot.  Usually her quirkiness furthers the plotline or character relationships in some way, but not last night.  That was a writing fail.  I'm going to chalk it up that they were short on material, and those scenes were included as filler.

• Love 11

Well, the dinghy went straight to USS Nimitz under 40 minutes - impressive! It's been a while since I was so invested in a ship - now don't screw it up show!

Solid episode. Great to see Ducky again. I also loved the little look Vance gave McGee when he started to talk about 'banging heads'. Probie has come a long way.

• Love 5
(edited)

I like Knight and Palmer.  Yes, she is a big bad agent but she’s a ball of insecurity and nerves otherwise.  He’s a nerdy doctor, but he’s grown so much over the years.  He’s not technically on her team as he is the ME for all the teams. They aren’t supervising each other  either. 

Nice to see Ducky back.  I liked Parker’s reaction to Ducky talking to the body. 
Kasey still gets on my nerves.   

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4
(edited)

I really don't mind Jimmy and Jessica having a romance, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't happen.  DiNozzio and Ziva's romance was always there but was revealed towards Ziva's exit from the show.  It didn't crowd the show, so I hope Jimmy and Jessica's fling won't either. 

Kasie just gets on my nerves with every scene she's on.  Come on Abby!  Please reconsider and return to the show!

I read something interesting the other day.  There will be a new character starting next week episode 21.  Alden's ex-wife Vivian Kolchak (Teri Polo) will come out as a former FBI agent turned paranormal investigator.  This will be a recurring role.  The interesting thing that caught my eye was the last name Kolchak.  For those who remember a 1970's show called Kolchak: The Night Stalker starring Darren McGavin as Carl Kolchak.  He was a newspaper reporter who uncovers supernatural causes in his investigations.  It probably is a coincidence about the name Kolchak, but I'm thinking it is a "nod" to the classic tv show or maybe Vivian Kolchak is related to Carl Kolchak.

Edited by rr2911
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

What are the odds that the liver Jimmy and Knight are delivering is going to the very person they are already looking for! On NCIS, 100%.

I don't think Jimmy needed a tourniquet on that gsw.  Maybe if it had hit the femoral artery instead of his backside...

Anyway, outrageous coincidences aside, I enjoyed the episode.

Edited by Trey
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Trey said:

What are the odds that the liver Jimmy and Knight are delivering is going to the very person they are alreay looking for! On NCIS, 100%.

I don't think Jimmy needed a tourniquet on that gsw.  Maybe if it had hit the femoral artery instead of his backside...

Anyway, outrageous coincidences aside, I enjoyed the episode.

You are correct. Arterial bleeding is the only indicator for use of a tourniquet, otherwise, direct pressure is indicated. That said, the belt could have been used to apply the pressure to the wound while he traveled-much less pressure than cutting off blood flow. Two separate treatments. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

Palmer centered shows are always the best! Talking the guy off the ledge( the absolute best ), hostage in coffee shop, I’m sure there are more…..

There's always that original Palmer moment when he saves the day by ramming the escaping bad guy's car after being told emphatically by Gibbs to stay put.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

When the car wash guy opened the van door to reveal the bloody corpse, I felt certain the cause of death was going to be that the victim committed an act of seppuku after being forced to listen to that obnoxious sales pitch.

• LOL 6
On 5/17/2022 at 12:18 PM, HurricaneVal said:

I usually like Kasie and her quirks, but this manic gambling obsession was out of left field, and it didn't add anything but annoyance to the plot.  Usually her quirkiness furthers the plotline or character relationships in some way, but not last night.  That was a writing fail.  I'm going to chalk it up that they were short on material, and those scenes were included as filler.

that whole subplot was driving me crazy.  I always hate it when Hollywood tries to be humorous by making a quirky funny scene to entertain when in reality it would be an unprofessional event that could well cause a reprimand or worse.  (A scene that always drove me crazy was years ago on the original CSI when Greggo the DNA lab tech was dancing around in a showgirl headdress. It wasn't amusing, it was funny quirky, it was disrespectful to the case)

• Love 1

I thought there was something odd about the transplant doc who insisted on accompanying them, but then I decided he was there comically cockblock Palmer's wooing of Knight.  Then it turned out he was with the bad guys....nice misdirection, writers!

OK, so if the doctor guy was in on it, and was riding with them, then he clearly wouldn't have let them get to the hospital with the liver, so why were all the other men even necessary?

Agreed.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

OK, so if the doctor guy was in on it, and was riding with them, then he clearly wouldn't have let them get to the hospital with the liver, so why were all the other men even necessary?

IIRC he was just there to notify the goons about the route they were taking via text message. He wasn't muscle. But why the villains did not have a more subtle plan in place is beyond me. They did not know a federal agent was on board so incapacitating the team carrying the liver should not have been a major concern requiring all the firepower. Stage an accident so that the driver has to stop to check for survivors/injured and then let the trap snap shut. Even if weasley Doc had managed to alert them about Knight's presence it would have been a better plan than going in guns blazing. Ah well, chief villain's fault for investing in muscle only ignoring brain power.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

My legal training is mostly reading John Grisham books, so I may not know what I'm talking about.  But it seems they could have done a deposition of the sick woman in case she didn't get a liver in time.  Or that it didn't work.  Transplants aren't easy to go through.

I also loved seeing Ducky and am OK with the Palmer/Knight romance if it happens.

• Love 4

Typically, I can rattle of the course of the entire show within the first 5 minutes.  I do this out loud as to annoy Partner South.  That’s my charm.  I was fooled Monday when Palmer, Knight and Dr Dastardly Doofus exited the office where they were to pick up the liver.  I didn’t bother replaying the scene to double-check because it seemed so obvious to me, but it appeared they walked out and left the cooler on the reception counter.  The camera even narrowed in on it for a second.  It made sense to me because I figured that in the midst of P and DDD billing and cooing to K during the car ride, they’d realize they forgot the danged liver.  Blame and hilarity would ensue.  I was wrong.  

• LOL 3

What I thought odd about the doctor informing them that he was required to go with them was that neither Jimmy or Knight realized/asked how the doctor was getting back to his hospital.  That would have been my question - are we expected to bring you back?  It really took me out of the story and made me instantly suspicious of that doctor. 

• Love 2
On 5/19/2022 at 9:37 PM, LuvMyShows said:

I kept wondering why the doctor guy didn't just sabotage the liver before they even left the hospital. He would have had both the know how and the opportunity to do that. Well, I guess then we wouldn't have had a running gun battle through the woods.

Knight could've kept those guys running in cycles for hours. If she didn't try to ambush them she wouldn't have been caught.

DUCKY!!! His appearances are so rare these days and really it just makes me miss him more, but I understand that the actor just can't do this work anymore as his age. It was almost like the old days with Ducky taking over as medical examiner for the time being and talking to the corpse. It just makes me realize as good as Jimmy is, he'll never come close to filling Ducky's shoes on this show.

On 5/17/2022 at 6:40 PM, rr2911 said:

I really don't mind Jimmy and Jessica having a romance, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't happen.  DiNozzio and Ziva's romance was always there but was revealed towards Ziva's exit from the show.  It didn't crowd the show, so I hope Jimmy and Jessica's fling won't either. 

Kasie just gets on my nerves with every scene she's on.  Come on Abby!  Please reconsider and return to the show!

Yeah. Kasie is much much more irritating, childish, and unprofessional than Abby ever was. At least Abby's quirks never got in the way of her actually doing her job. Just giving Kasie a gambling addiction came completely out of left field.

• Love 1

I have 2 issues with this episode.  If the bad guys were firing from the passenger side of the car, why were there bullet holes on the driver's side?  

And Doctor Jimmy would known to use his tree limb crutch and his cane on his uninjured side.  It has to do with reciprocal motion and if the crutch or cane slipped, you don't want to fall on your injured/weak side.   They need better medical consultants.

11 minutes ago, craziness said:

Doctor Jimmy would known to use his tree limb crutch and his cane on his uninjured side

I learned that when House was on. Apparently Hugh Laurie insisted on using the cane on the wrong side. 

On 11/28/2022 at 9:30 PM, Kleav said:

I learned that when House was on. Apparently Hugh Laurie insisted on using the cane on the wrong side. 

In the cane's case it's a matter of personal preference. Sometimes depending on the injury having it on the same side is more comfortable than having it on the opposite side. In an emergency situation like with Palmer though? He really should know better.

21 hours ago, immortalfrieza said:

In the cane's case it's a matter of personal preference

Thanks, I didn’t know that. But when you’re an uninjured actor and the medical advisor is warning you you’re going to get a ton of complaints from viewers, it might be wise to listen.