Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/16/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Tucker Carlson may only reach 3 million from his show's ratings, however, I think that his ridiculously offensive and inaccurate statements garner him more views, as other news outlets report on the stupid nonsense he spews, often with embedded video clips.  (That's the only way I ever see anything he says.)  He knows that the more outrageous he is, the more others will talk about him.  Personally, I don't think even he believes half the shit that comes out of his mouth (and, I CANNOT STAND HIM!!!) - he says this stuff to create buzz which in turn, feeds his overly large ego.

Even The View is guilty of showing clips of his show.

Yup, thank you very much, MSNBC. If I never see his helmet-like haircut or stupid squinting, beady eyes or hear his whining voice again, it'll be too soon. He is a disgrace, pure and simple. 😣😣😣😣😣

• Love 13
4 hours ago, KittyQ said:

For some reason, Joy seems to think that the people who haven't voted would vote to support her positions if they did vote. That is not logical. You can't know what some other person (especially someone you don't know) will do. For all she knows, if all those folks voted, the opposition would have that many more votes. 

This is true, and I don't know why Joy is so focused on getting out the vote when the problem, as Sara pointed out, is that the popular vote gets cancelled out because of gerrymandering and the electoral college. If anything, Democrats need to do a better job of playing the electoral game.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

This is true, and I don't know why Joy is so focused on getting out the vote when the problem, as Sara pointed out, is that the popular vote gets cancelled out because of gerrymandering and the electoral college. If anything, Democrats need to do a better job of playing the electoral game.

Let's not forget about voter suppression. Take away that and gerrymandering vote counts would be a lot different.

• Love 5

Sunny said exactly what I was thinking in regards to the Vogue topic. Ultimately, magazines are a business like everything else... Melania's unpopularity would have been a hindrance in moving their product if she had been the cover, don't blame them for caring about their bottom line. And I agree with Joy, the media is better off not acknowledging Tucker outside of the most egregious cases. Her reaction to the Sean Hannity clip made me laugh.

Stephanie looked orange today--somehow that feels appropriate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sunny said exactly what I was thinking in regards to the Vogue topic. Ultimately, magazines are a business like everything else... Melania's unpopularity would have been a hindrance in moving their product if she had been the cover, don't blame them for caring about their bottom line. And I agree with Joy, the media is better off not acknowledging Tucker outside of the most egregious cases. Her reaction to the Sean Hannity clip made me laugh.

Stephanie looked orange today--somehow that feels appropriate.

Yes Vogue knew you are known by the company you keep so there was no way they wanted to be so publicly associated with Melania.  As is their right.  

• Love 11

Sunny with the story about having Manny’s phone and answering machine smashed on the highway – there are some things you just keep to yourself. Even Whoopi told her it was a dumbass thing to do. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Love that Whoopi called Sunny’s story “dumbass phone stuff.”  Sunny always sounds proud of herself when she tells that story. I’d be appalled at the childishness if I’d done something like that. I’d be embarrassed for anyone to find out I’d done something that irrational and petty. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Sharper2002 said:

Sunny with the story about having Manny’s phone and answering machine smashed on the highway – there are some things you just keep to yourself. Even Whoopi told her it was a dumbass thing to do. 

Yeah.  It made me wonder if he married her because he was afraid of what she’d do to him if he didn’t.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sunny always sounds proud of herself when she tells that story.

I think Sunny thinks of herself has fiery and passionate.  I think of her childish and insecure.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Okay show today, It was like Grisham wasn't even there, tbh. The whole role reversal therapy discussion was worth a laugh. It is great for teaching empathy, but, like Sunny said when mentioning MTG, those who need it most would never even entertain the idea of therapy or an exercise like that one in the first place. Sara making fun of the idea of Boebert's children holding AR-15's at Christmas was one of the highlights there. 

I didn't know what was going on during the Downton Abbey segment at first with all the tea sets on the table... What a weird choice. Whoopi was the only person who seemed interested in the food at all. She was already buttering a crumpet or whatever before she'd even got the intro out, lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn't know what was going on during the Downton Abbey segment at first with all the tea sets on the table... What a weird choice. Whoopi was the only person who seemed interested in the food at all. She was already buttering a crumpet or whatever before she'd even got the intro out, lol.

I miss crumpets. 😒

1 hour ago, Sharper2002 said:

yeah, i used to like her but she's recently making me cringe.  nobody needed to hear about this.

• Love 5

Poor Whoopi.  In spite of being a very successful actress for decades, she apparently can’t afford food and has to scarf down free food as quickly as she can whenever given the opportunity.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

Does Whoopi really think that "Replacement Theory" means that people will be "replaced" like in a horror movie (ex. Invasion of the Body Snatchers or Get Out)? Is that why she thinks it is ludicrous that someone could claim they were replaced? I'm pretty sure that if you are someone who's lost their job and found that a person who is younger and/or of a different race was hired or promoted, then you might feel "replaced" by whoever. Probably a paranoid reaction, but when people feel devalued and threatened, they might latch onto even a crazy explanation.

I'm glad that Sunny made the effort to clarify things to Whoopi (at least bringing it out of the horror movie zone), even if it didn't seem to be that effective.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Poor Whoopi.  In spite of being a very successful actress for decades, she apparently can’t afford food and has to scarf down free food as quickly as she can whenever given the opportunity.

Well, with all those relatives to support…

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Love that Whoopi called Sunny’s story “dumbass phone stuff.”  Sunny always sounds proud of herself when she tells that story. I’d be appalled at the childishness if I’d done something like that. I’d be embarrassed for anyone to find out I’d done something that irrational and petty. 

Yeah, it seems like time to retire that story. The tactic doesn't even make sense to me - he hung up on you, so you destroy all his communication tools? That's just mean and a little crazy. A still childish, but less destructive action would be to hang up on him to let him see how it feels. 

I wonder if Sunny would think that it was funny and reasonable if one of her son's girlfriends did something like this. I doubt it. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I miss crumpets. 😒

They weren't even eating breakfast food, what a waste of time. Tea & scones is such a lazy thing to do, put a minute amount of effort into it at least.

Sunny is a fucking nutcase & I have no doubt she will be stalking Manny when he leaves her for someone less crazy (almost everyone else).

On a side note my mother went to see the new Downton movie last week & says she enjoyed it if anyone cares.

• Love 5

I like Sunny best as a legal expert and political commentator, and I truly think the show would decline in quality if Sunny was let go.  However. I hate that she thinks being a possessive lunatic toward her husband is cute.  Whoopi can be hard on Sunny at times, but I'm glad someone is willing to tell her when she's being stupid.  

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

However. I hate that she thinks being a possessive lunatic toward her husband is cute.

If a woman told Sunny her husband was doing the things Sunny does I guarantee she would not tell the woman she thinks it's cute. She would tell the woman those are red flags.  Which they are. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Stephanie Grisham's lips look like wriggling, glistening earth worms. I have to look away when she's onscreen.

I agree. I usually don't like to comment about someone's looks, but she looked much better before she got lip injections. I also focus on her mouth because it looks so unnatural.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

I agree. I usually don't like to comment about someone's looks, but she looked much better before she got lip injections. I also focus on her mouth because it looks so unnatural.

Have noticed it as well and agree.  Everyone on camera seems to be doing lip injections these days for whatever reason.  However, I’m find her pretty tolerable so far this week.  I think I’d be ok with her.  

On 5/18/2022 at 11:39 AM, Haleth said:

Imagine if a girl did that to her son! 

• Love 7

I like Stephanie G. the best of all so far. She seems pleasant enough. She tries to make her point without being strident and/or overbearing. She seems a little intimidated by Whoopi (which is a requirement). I think if she gets the job she would be coached and forced to be more McCainish, to make sparks. So I don't think she is a good fit. 

(edited)
On 5/18/2022 at 10:37 AM, Sharper2002 said:

Whoopie was spot on, especially when she brought up the possibility of phones, etc. on the highway affecting the people driving.  Someone could have swerved, thinking it was a small dog or something and hit another vehicles or turned over their vehicle.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I like Stephanie G. the best of all so far. She seems pleasant enough. She tries to make her point without being strident and/or overbearing. She seems a little intimidated by Whoopi (which is a requirement). I think if she gets the job she would be coached and forced to be more McCainish, to make sparks. So I don't think she is a good fit. 

She’s also shown she’s willing to sell her soul to make a buck take care of her family, so I don’t think she will even have to be “forced” to make sparks.  

She does have decent chemistry with the others except for Ana.

8 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

I wonder how they decide when hosts won't be at the table for guests? It seems so random

I keep going back to why they even do it now. theres no need. What if i had a pertinent question and my name was up? .  lol no worries HAH.  I just don't see the logic in having one sit back stage.  

2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Whoopie was spot on, especially when she brought up the possibility of phones, etc. on the highway affecting the people driving.  Someone could have swerved, thinking it was a small dog or something and hit another vehicles or turned over their vehicle.  

I know!  That's what i mean.  Stupid to do this Ms Prosecutor..what if had caused a fatal accident..?  They're giving the death penalty to kids throwing rocks off a freeway viaduct.

• Love 5

Were they being paid for saying Brian Teta's name. Seems like thet said it at least five times in the first two segments! 

Finally they talked about the Depp trial. They were very careful not to offend, though.

On 5/17/2022 at 3:00 PM, ForumLou said:

Maybe theyll bring back Steve Wilkos 

From what I just read when looking his show up it just got renewed this month for a sixteenth season. 

11 hours ago, Jaded said:

From what I just read when looking his show up it just got renewed this month for a sixteenth season. 

That's awesome but i don't know any stations networks or streaming..where did you see 16th annv..Thanks

(edited)
3 hours ago, ForumLou said:

That's awesome but i don't know any stations networks or streaming..where did you see 16th annv..Thanks

Here are a few sources for the sixteenth season renewal. 

One, Two and Three

Here's the page on the show's site that shows where to watch for different states. It's mostly on CW and MyNetworkTV (yes there are some of those around) affiliated stations now apparently. I think old episodes air on one of the Nosey branded channels on the Pluto TV streaming app sometimes. I've seen it while looking for stuff to watch around the Nosey ones. Pluto TV also seems to have some episodes to watch from various years in their show section. They have the seasons listed wrong though.

Edited by Jaded
4 hours ago, Jaded said:

Here are a few sources for the sixteenth season renewal. 

One, Two and Three

Here's the page on the show's site that shows where to watch for different states. It's mostly on CW and MyNetworkTV (yes there are some of those around) affiliated stations now apparently. I think old episodes air on one of the Nosey branded channels on the Pluto TV streaming app sometimes. I've seen it while looking for stuff to watch around the Nosey ones. Pluto TV also seems to have some episodes to watch from various years in their show section. They have the seasons listed wrong though.

Oh cool, thanks so much

• Love 1
On 5/20/2022 at 7:34 PM, Blissfool said:

Were they being paid for saying Brian Teta's name. Seems like thet said it at least five times in the first two segments! 

Finally they talked about the Depp trial. They were very careful not to offend, though.

Its 'the beard' all over again.  Did they ever explain that one?  I don't think they did.  Otherwise went flying by me hah