Type keyword(s) to search

Dead City News: Old Timey Wanted Posters and Walker Guts From the Sky

• Start Topic

(edited)

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Invites Alycia Debnam-Carey to Join TWD Spinoff

“To the incredible @DebnamCarey. You kick ass. Period. On and off screen," Morgan tweeted. "Whatever is next? I'm here for it. Congrats on an incredible run… [The Walking Dead] world will miss you… and patiently await your return. How do you feel about New York?" 

Let’s just hold those horses right there, we’ve finally managed to get rid of Ol sourpuss, and here you are waaaaayyy overstepping any mark you were ever given. Just wind your neck in and leave decisions like that to people with taste and appreciation of what will actually benefit the show……………..🙄😱🙄😱🙄😱

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-spinoff-isle-of-the-dead-jeffrey-dean-morgan-alycia-debnam-carey-fear-twd/

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
35 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Unless I'm missing something, that is NOT a bridge to Manhattan. 

The piece on Twitter was a bit confused, they were talking about all the NY bridges being blown but also mentioned that the same was done for those across the Mississippi in The World Beyond, I did think the scene looked a bit’ empty’ for NY, I’ll pay more attention in future  🙄

• Wink 1
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

C1C609A4-9ADC-4C4B-AED9-BAFB715FD708.jpeg

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Unless I'm missing something, that is NOT a bridge to Manhattan. 

It’s entirely possible I’m mistaken, but might that be a screenshot from TWDWB…?

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Superclam said:

I want you all to know in advance I'm going to be a complete jerk about Isle of the Dead when they show stuff that is clearly not in NY

Take no prisoners! Apparently a lot of filming is taking place in Noo Joisey, is that part of NYC or just the state?

Edited by OoohMaggie
42 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Apparently a lot of filming is taking place in Noo Joisey, is that part of NYC or just the state?

Not exactly. New Jersey is its own state, but it's the closest to NY. Parts of NJ are closer to midtown Manhattan than other parts of NYC. I'll give them props for at least filming close to NYC. 

• Like 2
(edited)

“Isle of the Dead cast

This series will continue the stories of Maggie and Negan after their stories in The Walking Dead ends this fall.

Additional cast (complied via IMDB and Digital Spy)

Gaius Charles – Perlie Armstrong (Salt, Grey’s Anatomy)

Mahina Napoleon  (NCIS: Hawai’i)

Željko Ivanek (Damages)

Jonathan Higginbotham (Blacklist)

Karina Ortiz – Amaia (Orange Is the New Black)

Caleb Reese Paul – Wesley (FBI, The Other Two)”

953A133C-E6B9-4364-A9CD-D3479FE7881C.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

What’s with the masks, surely it’s not still ‘a thing’ over there?

Yeah, you still see masks in some places, and movie/tv sets are heavily union, so you'll see them a lot on the crews. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

That dark green thing at the base of the building that covers the sidewalk. It's to cover the sidewalk from falling debris during construction. They are ubiquitous in NY, so that makes me think that's either a real street scene or someone did a good job with their research. 

• Mind Blown 1

“That dark green thing at the base of the building that covers the sidewalk. It's to cover the sidewalk from falling debris during construction.” 
Judging by the height of those surrounding buildings, I wouldn’t want to rely upon whatever thickness that “shed” is supposed to be for me to walk beneath it with any confidence, maybe it’s a NY thing.

Edited by OoohMaggie

Oooooohhhhhh she’s had a haircut, not short enough but definitely better than that rat’s nest she’s been hauling around 😛

Duh! Didn’t even notice I’d already posted it yesterday 🙄

Edited by OoohMaggie
5 hours ago, Superclam said:

Again, you might be disappointed in our actual New York street gangs. 

If they don’t include a Baseball Furie parody in there somewhere I’m going to be disappointed 

Ahhhh the Rogues, that bunch of Village People rejects, Luther 😱, I think Swan would have been far more terrified by….

322FE6D2-6088-4088-872C-665ABCB4A8D0.jpeg

• LOL 2
17 hours ago, Superclam said:

BTW, this dude is much more accurate a representation of NYC in the late 70s than the Baseball Furies. 

😂🤣, yeah, we’ve been blessed with a multitude of documentaries of NYC in the 70’s and 80’s.  A ‘Liberal’ city didn’t quite cover it! 😂

“Swarming the streets of New York are plagues of rats and a herd of one million walkers, forcing its denizens to traverse the city mostly by zip line. Echoing Cohan's comments, Gimple said, "There's a lot of conflict, there's a lot of action. There are zip lines, the walkers are insane. The rats in that city are insane."

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/isle-of-the-dead-walking-dead-spinoff-show-wraps-filming-pilot-lauren-cohan-jeffrey-dean-morgan/

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Wink 1
41 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Title changed to The Walking Dead: Dead City

I’m sure “dead city” could be applied to as many cities in the US as in the UK right now, never mind in an apocalypse. What was wrong with isle of the dead exactly? Haven’t they said it’s being set on Manhattan Island? 

1 minute ago, OoohMaggie said:

What was wrong with isle of the dead exactly? Haven’t they said it’s being set on Manhattan Island? 

Probably too many Redditors getting “isle” and “aisle” mixed up….

• LOL 3
On 8/5/2022 at 12:14 PM, Superclam said:

Yes, they even got the sidewalk shed in! 

Mr C, regarding the “sidewalk shed”, I’ve just watched a documentary on UK Tv about “scaffolding” as the guy called it in NYC, I had no idea it was such a thing. It seems horrendous, the guy claimed that there were 230 miles of scaffolding in the city, with every building needing the facade checking every five years. One section being up for twenty years, It was very interesting to be honest if a little shocking.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
On 8/2/2022 at 4:38 PM, OoohMaggie said:

What’s with the masks, surely it’s not still ‘a thing’ over there?

For some of us, it is. 

A friend of mine works in set design, and they are still very careful when it comes to covid. She caught it for the first time, a few months ago, and was talking about how careful they are.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

TWD: Dead City Reveals First Look at Maggie and Negan Spinoff

"It's going to take place on the island of Manhattan, which was left to the walkers 12 years ago when they overran Manhattan," Dan McDermott, president of entertainment and AMC Studios for AMC Networks, revealed on Variety's Strictly Business podcast. "The government decided to blow all the bridges and tunnels and just leave the island to the walkers. And it's now 12 years later." 

"Maggie and Negan have to journey onto the island, where there's a small civilian [faction] that lives in Manhattan, above the 10th floor of all the buildings, and they zip-line back and forth above the streets," McDermott teased.

So now we're going to get Negan as Spider-Man.

• Mind Blown 1