Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: End of the Day, Anything Can Happen

DanaK
  • Start Topic

05/11/2022 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Dylan helps the daughter of a mob boss. A grandmother comes to Med desperate to save her grandson. Ethan struggles with some shocking news about his father. Will and Vanessa care for Maggie's high school classmate.

(edited)

Choi: the same P.O.S. he was before he left. Can't these asshole doctors separate personal from professional. He blatantly committed a HIPAA violation. Surprised Dr. Charles sided with him.

Will and Asher are going to be neighbors, what can possibly go wrong.

I'm thinking the guy that knew Maggie in H.S. is really the father. They both (him & Vanessa) have the same allergies and probably the same DNA.

Crockett's bed buddy was really bitchy towards him. "Everything is not about you"

Dylan & the UC gal are in deep shit with the Russians Serbians.

Edited by preeya
Corrected as per LittleIggy
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, preeya said:

I'm thinking the guy that knew Maggie in H.S. is really the father. They both (him & Vanessa) have the same allergies and probably the same DNA.

Given the level of ethics that Vanessa has been learning in this hospital, she will likely get a sample of the man's blood or whatever for a DNA test. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, preeya said:

Choi: the same P.O.S. he was before he left. Can't these asshole doctors separate personal from professional. He blatantly committed a HIPAA violation. Surprised Dr. Charles sided with him.

Crockett's bed buddy was really bitchy towards him. "Everything is not about you"

Dylan & the UC gal are in deep shit with the Russians.

Serbians. I had on the cc and it said they were speaking Serbian. BTW, Mob Insurance is the best insurance! 😏
Yeah, Choi is still a dick. His father being in the closet isn’t surprising since his dad was military and considering the times, but Choi has to make it all about him. And yeah, dick move regarding the patient and his daughter. I hope Steven Weber will become a regular now. 
I didn’t get the deal with the big baby. The dad’s facial expressions made me wonder if something was wrong but then nothing. 
Nice to see Rusty Schwimmer. 
Asher took the apartment without asking about the rent, how many bedrooms, etc. Yeah, right!🤦‍♀️

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, preeya said:

I wish we saw more of them. They’ve sucked me in. She keeps him at a definite distance, and I’m curious why. How involved are they even? We’ve seen them kiss twice. Crockett asks like it’s more serious than that, but that may be wishful thinking. 

This hospital’s inability to respect HIPAA drives me nuts. I’m surprised Vanessa even bothered to ask Maggie instead of just running the guy’s DNA. 

So did Choi give up on chief? That seems unlike him. 

The undercover cop doesn’t seem to be very good at her job. She keeps drawing unnecessary attention to herself. Scott needs to watch his back a lot better. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I didn’t get the deal with the big baby. The dad’s facial expressions made me wonder if something was wrong but then nothing. 

Perhaps he's not the father. They didn't seem compatible (as a couple). Just saying.

1 hour ago, preeya said:

Perhaps he's not the father. They didn't seem compatible (as a couple). Just saying.

yeah, the size of the baby at only 39 weeks means they were off on the conception date, so not his baby

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, cinsays said:

yeah, the size of the baby at only 39 weeks means they were off on the conception date, so not his baby

That was my thinking, but there was no discussion or confrontation about it. It makes me wonder if they will follow up in a later episode

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Serbians. I had on the cc and it said they were speaking Serbian. BTW, Mob Insurance is the best insurance! 😏

From someone in the area, all of the parts that were Yugoslavian, they speak the same language. Bosnians, Serbians, and Croatians. Just don't tell them that.

16 hours ago, Driad said:

Given the level of ethics that Vanessa has been learning in this hospital, she will likely get a sample of the man's blood or whatever for a DNA test. 

Hippa, ethics?

Who takes an apartment before looking at it? 

The large baby was really a non-story unless there’s more coming in a subsequent episode. Otherwise pretty boring.

Not cool, Choi. Why do the doctors at Med think they’re above the laws and know better than everyone else including the patients. 

With Doc Charles available for every potential psychological patient trauma, why no helpful counsel for a sweet little guy who wrongly believes he killed his parents because he wasn’t jabbed therefore believing he’s going to kill Granny too. Utter nonsense and he should have been reassured by a medical professional.

Still, this show has improved a bit this season. I know, I’m shocked too.

• Love 2
(edited)
43 minutes ago, limecoke said:

Who takes an apartment before looking at it? 

Didn't Dr. Halstead tell one of the nurses that he didn't want Asher as a tenant because "it wasn't a good fit?' So why the immediate change of direction? Is he just looking for a hookup? From past experiences that is NOT a match made in heaven.

Edited by preeya
  • Like 1

Really surprised that the baby story went nowhere. It's like they didn't even hear me yelling "That ain't his baby, bitch!" at my TV. I wonder if it got edited out or if they'll follow up later. They should have had either that plot line or the one with Maggie's classmate. Both were sort of half-stories.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/12/2022 at 9:44 AM, cinsays said:

On 5/12/2022 at 4:27 PM, mrsbagnet said:

Really surprised that the baby story went nowhere. It's like they didn't even hear me yelling "That ain't his baby, bitch!" at my TV. I wonder if it got edited out or if they'll follow up later. They should have had either that plot line or the one with Maggie's classmate. Both were sort of half-stories.

Size of the baby does not determine when the baby is born.  A baby born on its due date could be 6 pounds.  It could be 9 pounds.  I would think that the writers or at the very least the medical advisor they have would know such a simple fact that anyone who has had a child would know.  So I'm not really sure where this is going either.  

Choi and his closeted dad.  I just don't care.  The dad is already gone.  The sister deserves to know.

• Love 3

My mom and I had the same thoughts regarding Asher accepting Halsteads apartment without seeing it first. Then I realized, they were a couple 2 years ago. Maybe it was the same apartment he had then and she’s been there, spent time there, knows where it is and how many rooms it has, etc. She still should’ve asked about some things, like rent. 

(edited)

Halstead said he'd bring the lease tomorrow, so they'll get into rent and stuff then.  But it's still weird she didn't ask about it.

What was mob guy's problem?  He had his goons kidnap Dylan, and then wants him to take out his daughter's appendix at home as if this kidnapped doctor is a surgeon who can operate alone in a non-sterile environment with none of the stuff needed, including an anesthetist.  Why?  Why the fuck not go to a hospital with doctors and nurses and sterile facilities, equipment and units of blood or whatever else they need?  Since he's so dumb, he should have been easily outsmarted by undercover cop by now, but I guess she's not that smart, either.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 2

Also when the doctor said the little girl would need a CPAP, Suspicious Goon took off (presumably to make a CPAP "fall off a truck") and Mob Dad didn't stop him. Wouldn't most people figure that most CPAPs are built for adults and could be too strong for a small child?

• Love 1
On 5/11/2022 at 11:00 PM, preeya said:

Dylan & the UC gal are in deep shit with the Russians Serbians.

Perfect summation

On 5/12/2022 at 5:21 PM, preeya said:

Didn't Dr. Halstead tell one of the nurses that he didn't want Asher as a tenant because "it wasn't a good fit?' So why the immediate change of direction? Is he just looking for a hookup? From past experiences that is NOT a match made in heaven.

Not to mention, taking literally ANYONE he works with is a bad idea...if either he or the renter finds issue with each other, they still have to see one another regularly. 

Then again, people at Med regularly sleep together then continue to work together, so what am I even talking about??

• LOL 2

These doctors are just incapable of respecting patient privacy or their wishes, about anything!  They impose their will on the patients medical decisions and meddle in their lives when they’ve just briefly met. 

*of course* will has an apartment available, when he literally just said no units are ready yet. Then *of course* it just HAPPENS to be across the hall from him 🙄