Type keyword(s) to search

The Singles Project - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Winner!!! 

Wow, I remembered your comment about this as I was watching her tearfully lay claim to being 41.  You totally called it!  Sorry about your ass and Beyoncé and everything.

I knew it! She took the cougar thing in the first episode way too hard for me to believe she was 34..

Winner!!! 

Wow, I remembered your comment about this as I was watching her tearfully lay claim to being 41.  You totally called it!  Sorry about your ass and Beyoncé and everything.

I am so sorry I missed this.  I saw the show but now realize I must not've caught the first few minutes.  ::obnoxious-toddler-applause::   I wished she would've owned it up front because she looks wonderful for the over 40 set.  What is so awful about being a grown woman that she was trying to sell us on what 8/9? years younger?     The thing where she confronts Francesco was cringeworthy.  I didn't see the entire scene of them meeting initially, but even by her account, it didn't happen for them.  Shit stop acting like the guy quitclaim deeded your house or something, it was an introduction that didn't take off.  I agree with a previous poster, what she's really pissed about is:  then a prettier woman, who's actually 34 (I know, 37 right?) walked up and unintentionally stole the shine she left on the table.   Stop hating, damn.      

The guy her sister set her up with?  Bout as much fun as an HIV test.  Not cute, not interesting, had no time to date and probably most important to Tabsum, he did not fall all over himself complimenting her juviderm creditworthy looks.    candall,  been around the world, don't speak the language, but my booty don't need explaining.  lol.  It does thankya kindly for your condolences  though :D

Speaking of relatives who have not one fucking clue about your type - Brian.   Just, why?  You don't even have to see who Brian's been going out with to know this girl wasn't even close to his type.  And not for nothing, she was sweet and cute and smiley and bubbly but (I'm saying this as a former size 18) this man is NOT attracted to child bearing hips, even if they're never gonna bear.    Brian's mom - babe, physically take a look at your child, look at him, head to toe.  He don't look nothing like your other children, he don't dress like em, sound like em, anything like em, that's not a Staten Island vs. Manhattan issue, it's a this dude is not that guy issue.  sigh.  moving on.

Wait a minute?  Ya'll thought Ericka turned Lee down?  Ok I'm over here on teamclueless because what I really thought she was saying was I like our friendship and I don't want that to change.  It sounds reject-y but in the previews for the next show, in her talking head to us, she was all okay you guys I need your help, who's it gonna be Francesco or Lee?  Why say that if it's not actually a possibility?

I'm shocked as hell that Kerry didn't run for the hills when she saw Tripp.  He's nice and funny and all but compared to what she's used to, he looked like a post office wall sketch.   Nothing a razor and some scissors and whitestrips can't cure I guess. 

I want Andrew (eyebrow boy, is his name Andrew?) off the show.  I don't have time to be invested in a dude who ain't about shit but his own whoredom, but when confronted with said whoredom smooth stomps off from the embarrassment.   Be a damn grown up and tell us and that guy that you love his body, but wanna keep your options opened.  

When is this over again?  I need to clear my palate for Boardwalk Empire

• Love 2

I'm surprised so many people like Kerry! I find her grating...her voice is terrible and she seems so high-strung. And I don't buy that all her snotty "jokes" (for ex. "Columbia, SC? Never heard of it. Insignificant. *haha* jk") are actually jokes. I think she's snotty and the type of person I have no interest in ever being around. And did I mention...HIGH-STRUNG. Ugh. However, I do think that Tripp might actually be good for her...chill her out a bit!

Eyebrows is so boring. 

• Love 1

I started watching the show in a "what the heck is this?" way but now it's on my list of things to DVR each week.  Does anyone know how long it's going to run?

I really really really did not like Lee.  At all.  He came across as such a shallow a-hole.  I wanted Ericka to stay away but I have to admit, he kinda won me over during their date on this last episode. He seemed softer with her and I  think he may really like her.  I was team Francesco last week when Lee first asked her out but I may be coming over to Team Lee.  I also like Ericka's best friend - when she went to meet Lee and said, "Why am I here?" Nice, direct and full of awesome.

I'm still not sure I like the idea of Lee "making" Ericka go on a date with him after she turned him down but it was definitely ballsy.  The fact that he remembered her favorite view of the city was sweet too. 

• Love 1

I'm still not sure I like the idea of Lee "making" Ericka go on a date with him after she turned him down but it was definitely ballsy.  

Yeah, I also had a weird feeling about that. It turned out to be a cute date, and I like Lee. But the idea of making her go on a date with him strikes me as kind of questionable. I really don't think dating is the place not to take "no" for an answer...! And, I wondered, on a practical note...what if she had been busy that night? But then I remembered the producers set the whole thing up. 

I also found it strange when Erica's friend was saying (in the kitchen, before Lee's flowers came) that Erica should pick whoever was making the most effort, and then said Francesco was making the most effort. I thought, "But Erica turned down a date with Lee. What do you want him to do, stalk her?!" But then we had the whole forced date, so voila!

The thing where she confronts Francesco was cringeworthy.  I didn't see the entire scene of them meeting initially, but even by her account, it didn't happen for them.  Shit stop acting like the guy quitclaim deeded your house or something, it was an introduction that didn't take off.     

Speaking of relatives who have not one fucking clue about your type - Brian.   Just, why?  You don't even have to see who Brian's been going out with to know this girl wasn't even close to his type.  And not for nothing, she was sweet and cute and smiley and bubbly but (I'm saying this as a former size 18) this man is NOT attracted to child bearing hips, even if they're never gonna bear.    Brian's mom - babe, physically take a look at your child, look at him, head to toe.  He don't look nothing like your other children, he don't dress like em, sound like em, anything like em, that's not a Staten Island vs. Manhattan issue, it's a this dude is not that guy issue.  sigh.  moving on.

Wait a minute?  Ya'll thought Ericka turned Lee down?  Ok I'm over here on teamclueless because what I really thought she was saying was I like our friendship and I don't want that to change.  It sounds reject-y but in the previews for the next show, in her talking head to us, she was all okay you guys I need your help, who's it gonna be Francesco or Lee?  Why say that if it's not actually a possibility?

I'm shocked as hell that Kerry didn't run for the hills when she saw Tripp.  He's nice and funny and all but compared to what she's used to, he looked like a post office wall sketch.   Nothing a razor and some scissors and whitestrips can't cure I guess. 

I want Andrew (eyebrow boy, is his name Andrew?) off the show.  I don't have time to be invested in a dude who ain't about shit but his own whoredom, but when confronted with said whoredom smooth stomps off from the embarrassment.   Be a damn grown up and tell us and that guy that you love his body, but wanna keep your options opened.  

"Quitclaim deeded your house"?  HAHAHAHA!  I need you to recap every episode.

Tabsum, he liked someone else better.  Ouch.  Kids, if you have the time to prepare a single, brilliantly clever, drop-dead remark to someone you feel dissed you, go for it; otherwise, smile, keep your mouth shut and your dignity intact.

Excellent read on Brian's parents, ZW.  I've only seen one little chunk of "Extreme Parenting," but you can't raise a pack of jujitsu warriors if one kid wants to be a ballerina.

Kerry must be trying to redeem herself.  She probably got some not-if-you-were-the-last-woman-on-earth tweets after the nice sailboat guy.  She really couldn't afford to snooty bypass, er, Tripp for being scuzzy unless she wants to date her own shoes forever.  Except. . . Tripp also seems too nice for Kerry.  "What's your favorite col. . ."  "Well, I'm not FIVE, so I don't have a favorite color."

I think they gave Joey Eyebrow some screen time with his sister to show he's more than one big walking woody.  Too late.  Dude, just go back to Grindr.

Zaldamo, you may be right about Erika and Bowtie = endgame.  I wouldn't buy it for a second, but it makes a pretty bow to stick on the package for the finale.

Okay, I was stuck inside all weekend, so I think I'm all caught up.   Candall, for the record, I'm totes Team Onicka.  I mean I effing APPLAUDED when she and Lee were in the bar and he was all gimme the playbook and she was all, I can't, because then you'll have the playbook.  But hey how bout step your shit up because that never loses.   Sorry, I realize ya'll are here already, forgive that my tomfoolery is not happening in real time. 

Um, sidebar?  what the world do Tasum? Tasan?  Tabsum's sister and husband do?  Lawdomoicy, that house.  And I don't even really like that mini plantation Tara style, but, I dabbed the corners of my mouth.

I wanna yank Francesco by the collar.  Dude?  Never ever step to a woman about the way a man stepped to her.   You saw it, we all saw it, don't punk the hell out now, tell her he ain't no parts scary to you and isn't slowing you down one bit.   Watching a man get in his feelings about his competition is:  How I Talked Myself Outta Her Drawers, by Francesco Whateverthehell.

So now, Joey.   And the sweet if not persistent nebbish in Brian's store.    Loved his advice, hated his approach, ADORED how awkward he made Eyebrows feel.   Joey, you're not nice and you're barely cute and the remaining percentage of your cute is being eroded by your not-nice.

Brian, if you read these boards, baby please stick with any woman who says she wants you.   A childless, single, twenty something, fashion forward, intelligent girl anywhere in the 5 boroughs who doesn't want kids and doesn't necessarily care about marriage but does want monogamy with you oh and who happens to also be funny and gorgeous?   Mazel.

I don't like Lee for Ericka.  On paper, I would ordinarily think they're perfect together.  But I can't stand smug men, so.....

Tabsum and Mr. Do Svidanya.  Hubba damn hubba.  What a cutie.  For her sake I hope he's not turned off by the lie.  I'm sure there's already enough of that going on online lol.   But she needs to stop acting like 41 is the end of our damn days.   She's got about 45 more years to live and gets professional discounts on industrial strength skin goop.   Hell I'd kill to be able to wear a white dress made of spandex and slay em coming and going.   I'll give her this, what I do think 41 is mature for is the potential of bearing children biologically herself and she still hasn't found the him yet.  She needs to be more amenable to motherhood happening differently than her preference.  Or alone.

• Love 1

Never ever step to a woman about the way a man stepped to her.   You saw it, we all saw it, don't punk the hell out now, tell her he ain't no parts scary to you and isn't slowing you down one bit.   Watching a man get in his feelings about his competition is:  How I Talked Myself Outta Her Drawers, by Francesco Whateverthehell.

Joey, you're not nice and you're barely cute and the remaining percentage of your cute is being eroded by your not-nice.

Brian, if you read these boards, baby please stick with any woman who says she wants you.   A childless, single, twenty something, fashion forward, intelligent girl anywhere in the 5 boroughs who doesn't want kids and doesn't necessarily care about marriage but does want monogamy with you oh and who happens to also be funny and gorgeous?   Mazel.

More hearty LOL's.  You'd have a field day with the Utopia stereotypes: toothless hillbilly, angry ex-con, Amazonian huntress?  Oh, except the woman who's looking for aliens has stepped outside the standard doomsday prepper box a bit. 

But back to the fertile ground of desperate NY singles.  Agree that Tabsum should be proud of being a knockout 41 instead of a haggard 34.  Either way, though, step away from the makeup pencils.  I didn't see Joey get his tail jerked in a knot at Brian's so I must've missed an episode.

(Ah, one more chance, 10a.m. today!)

Did the "open relationship" woman from St. Louis look familiar to anyone else?

Francesco was on Million Dollar Listing and Erica works for P Diddy or what ever his name is this week something to do with Ciroc Vodka.

Wait. . .what?  Was Francesco staging a house with stuff from his store or was he buying one of those properties?

I not sure which amazes me more with this show.  The fact that BRAVO went to such efforts to hide that this show is nothing more than a NY version of that Dallas show.  That Miami show.  That Chicago show.  Or that the act pretty much fell apart by the second show.  I giggle each time they interject about the whole "tell us what to do" and "these are my tweets about the show" and then jumble them back into contrived BRAVO drama silliness.  Lee and Ericka trying to sell their "romance" as even remotely organic is hysterical.  Lee is so smarmy and so enraptured by his special snowflake status he made his own merit badge and ties it around his neck.  Bowties are a fashion statement only when you wear the bowtie, Lee, not the bowtie wearing you.  A fashion accessory should never become the special of the day board at the local bistro for this around you "ohh I wonder what will be on there today?  stripes?  Pola dots?  pastels?"

Lee and the bearded guy whose name I can never remember, and on this show that might be a compliment, both remind me why I hate the new trend of wearing a pocket square only to fold it like the way a lazy hostess folds a napkin.  It's such a minor useless peeve but there it is.

And speaking of lazy, how lazy is this show that will plenty of famewhore wannabes willing to meet that grinning jackass with the ugly greased pompadour who is using the show as his own personal grindr and a means to fondle hotter men than he would usually score, they have to resort to the silly contrived "drama" of not only Lee and Ericka but the silly Francesco and Tambulum (sp?) silliness.  Yeah you have three castmates jumbled into one overlying plotline.  Keep it Real BRAVO keep it REAL.

• Love 1

But first Tripp, run your fingers through her hair....really Kerry?  I couldn't tell if she was trying to be wry or just wanted to create an image.  Either way it is fascinating to watch as each episode she crawls further and further up her own ass. 

• Love 3

Lee was being such a dick during that awkward dinner (or drinks or whatever it was). He didn't bother me before this episode, but now I can see why so many people here seem to dislike him. He was being so pushy and controlling. "I don't want you seeing other guys" - Uh? Who are you to tell me that, Dude I Went On One Date With?! I think maybe he just did a really bad job of wording his "I want to be exclusive" comments, but he totally sounded like as asshole during that whole thing (and the ambushing of Ericka added significantly to that effect...). 

Also, Brian is such a snooze. A conceited snooze who thinks he's a lot more interesting than he is. 

Edited by wovenloaf

As beautiful and charming Ericka seems to be, after tonight I am even more firmly believing one of her chief attributes Lee admires most is the fact that dating her exclusively doubles his airtime. 

Kerry really seems to think this show makes her the new bachelorette.  Wrong network Kerry.  But you are a complete tool.  So.  You do have that in your ABC crappy fake dating show favor.   Just, well, the wrong network.

Poor Francesco (well not really) that look in Ericka's eyes is what here in the U.S. we call Production Notes. 

The Eyebrow grinning fool just cannot seem to realize what a complete and utter tool he is on camera.  He has weeks of evidence now on film and he just cannot see it.  First recorded Personality Comb-over.  Well not so much the first, BRAVO has been airing "reality shows" now for how many years. 

• Love 3

I can't really picture in my mind the type of person Brian would like and who also would like him. He's so sour and smug. He reminds me of that terrible character who wanted to marry Benny in Circle of Friends (complete with men's fashion shop).

I'm interested in the man Tabsum went golfing with this episode! If only I were in NY :(

How many times has Brian been told off by a date now?  I appreciated what the girl last night said - just because she likes pop or pop culture doesn't make her shallow.  Lighten up, Brian.  Your pseudo hipster rejection of all things mainstream makes you the shallow one.

I admit to only half-watching but is Kerry seriously so conflicted about offending her family by dating Tripp?  Geesh.....it's been like two dates.  You'll probably end up not liking the guy anyway but at least give him a chance.  He's not down on one knee proposing and you've got to make a decision right this second.  And that guy that approached her (so naturally and without a whiff of set-up) in the bar that she thought was so hot?  I thought he looked like a plastic JFK doll whose face had been left out too long in the sun.

Lee is gross.     

• Love 1

How many times has Brian been told off by a date now?  I appreciated what the girl last night said - just because she likes pop or pop culture doesn't make her shallow.  Lighten up, Brian.  Your pseudo hipster rejection of all things mainstream makes you the shallow one.

I admit to only half-watching but is Kerry seriously so conflicted about offending her family by dating Tripp?  Geesh.....it's been like two dates.  You'll probably end up not liking the guy anyway but at least give him a chance.  He's not down on one knee proposing and you've got to make a decision right this second.  And that guy that approached her (so naturally and without a whiff of set-up) in the bar that she thought was so hot?  I thought he looked like a plastic JFK doll whose face had been left out too long in the sun.

Lee is gross.     

Yep on both counts! I hate to be mean, but when Kerry met that dude in the bar I was like, "yo, 2 weird talkers going back and forth is too much for me." Neither his lips nor his face moved the entire time. Odd.

I don't like Lee for my beloved E Pittman. He is smug and has zero swag. I guess he thinks being a dentist and wearing bowties is all he needs to woo women. Lee is quite painful to watch. I'm not feeling this match at all, but I do want my Boo E to find a real viable amor out of this process.

Edited by Matilde

I liked Brian before last night's episode but now see him for the tool he really is. I cannot stand people who act so proud that they don't know anything about current pop culture.  Like that makes him a better person because he doesn't know the music on the Top 40 stations?  I liked the fact that she called him out on his BS. 

I've never liked Kerry. Her voice annoys me and her over reliance on her parents was a bit much. It was so obvious in her bday party episode that her mom DID NOT like Tripp.  But now her mom isn't speaking to her? Ugh. Why are some people so quick to write off artists and the like as "not good enough" for their little girl?  He obviously makes a living.  But because it isn't a prestigious job that makes a ton of money, they dismiss him.  Then Kerry admits to her aunt that she doesn't like his hair.  If I were Tripp, I'd run. She's going to try and change him eventually and the first step will be coming at him with scissors.   And Mommy will always turn her nose up at him. 

Ericka and her best friend (I forget her name) are the only likable people remaining on this show.

She did NOT just use the words "dirty long hair" to Tripp?!!!

Oh, wait, there's more.  A slam at his "employment" and a little j/k giggle.

You know, I think Kerry looks really fresh and pretty, especially compared to Tabasum, whose lack of self confidence seems to compel her to slather on the makeup, bless her heart.  But Kerry is seriously missing some key component--does she ever think about how anyone else feels, besides herself?

Well, I guess there's no big mystery about why these people are available.

Ericka, because that's what she wants.  She's the pick of the litter and I thought she was great when she said, "Why do I have to settle down with one or another of these people?  I'm still having fun seeing what's out there!"   (Nobody thinks that soulmate moment with Bowtie was real, right?)

My heart hurts for Tabasum a little bit.  She's only 41 and her lips are artificially puffed, she's had face filler injections and all that makeup!  Too many extensions!  

Some therapy to work on her self-esteem issues would help her so much more than those crazy batwing eyelashes.  If she had the inner confidence to create a sort of exotic version of classic elegance, every head in the room would turn when she walked in.  And she could probably keep them turning forever, like Sophia Loren.

The rest of them:  blerg.  Go spend some time trying to imagine a universe where someone matters besides you.

(P.S.  Yes, very gratifying for Eyebrow to be on the receiving end of "You're not hot enough for me to invest the time getting to know you as a person."  Hope it really happened.)

• Love 2

Why are some people so quick to write off artists and the like as "not good enough" for their little girl?  He obviously makes a living.  But because it isn't a prestigious job that makes a ton of money, they dismiss him.  Then Kerry admits to her aunt that she doesn't like his hair.  If I were Tripp, I'd run. She's going to try and change him eventually and the first step will be coming at him with scissors.   And Mommy will always turn her nose up at him. 

Kerry's snobbiness about him being a "lowly" artist, and her aunt's "so he doesn't teach or anything? just paints" were awful. I can understand not being that excited about your daughter/niece getting serious with someone who doesn't have stable income, but to act all shitty because she went on 2 dates with a guy who appears to be making a comfortable living doing what he loves? gtfo, snobs. 

And what I found especially stupid about the whole thing was that Kerry was turning up her nose to artists, but she said in the last episode that she works as some sort of "art consultant" or something, helping rich people buy art. So, despite the fact that artists make Kerry's "career" possible, she still thinks they are just lowly slobs with dirty hair, and treats them like inferior beings? This episode really highlighted Kerry's gross attitude about...everything. 

• Love 1

Really? Before the screen told us that Kerry is 28, I could've SWORN she was a well preserved 40. Bitch looks rough.

LOL!  When I wrote that, I was watching Kerry in the park, with her hair up and that Cleopatra necklace on her long neck.  I thought she looked great. 

Later on, in the bar--you're right:  ten miles of bad road.  : )

This show is going to be yanked soon considering the ratings are through the floor, but I gotta say, it's a funny hate-watch. The only person who seems like a good person is Ericka, and the rest come off as delusional toolbags.

Tabsum, embrace your inner Gloria Swanson, get a "pool boy", and swap him out every couple of years for a newer model. If kids are a must hire a pretty surrogate.

I loved Brian getting called out on his crap.

It's too bad the ratings are bad, I like this show.  Mostly because it's a NYC show and they actually name the neighborhood and restaurant where they are.  Love that!  Love that they're mostly downtown. 

Kerry's mother sickens me.  She doesn't like a man who seems to be a kind, decent, talented guy who makes her daughter happy?  Makes her quirky daughter laugh?  What is wrong with her.  Most mother's would kill to see their daughters find a guy that makes them happy.  

And what I found especially stupid about the whole thing was that Kerry was turning up her nose to artists, but she said in the last episode that she works as some sort of "art consultant" or something, helping rich people buy art. So, despite the fact that artists make Kerry's "career" possible, she still thinks they are just lowly slobs with dirty hair, and treats them like inferior beings? This episode really highlighted Kerry's gross attitude about...everything.

Kerry's "career" is just until her parents arrange for some ultra rich jerk to marry her, then she'll never work another day in her life and will only "lunch with her friends" and shop, shop, shop. I seriously don't think she makes near enough to keep her in the fashion in which she was raised...mom and dad still financially support her and her special lifestyle.

I can so see my son being viewed like Tripp, but without the hair issue because he keeps his short now, by his girlfriends' parents. He's a musician and they are never viewed as making a livable income. As long as he can support himself, and his family when he has one, and it's the thing that makes him happy with his life, so be it. Tripp, and my son, will have to find mates that support them, not only emotionally, but very possibly financially, if need be for the lifestyle they choose to live. Poor Tripp having to hear the negative comments from Kerry and her aunt. He's too nice for that crowd.

I suspect Kerri came into this show to merely have her own brand of special awesome sauce be shoved in the faces of anyone she vaguely knows and is envious of, aspirational of and every girl she went to school with.   In now way did she come on the show to find a mate.  More raise her public persona possibly by doing the show and getting on associational venues like Cohen's Crap Spectacular otherwise know as Watch What Happens.   Meanwhile I agree, her mother is going through various hedge fund managers in the family address book to see which one is ugly and still rich enough to meet and  find Kerri a catch.

I think her having fun with Tripp is just that at best.  But I also suspect that she saw herself not looking real good the first episode or so and figured a fun bohemian guy like Tripp might make her more palatable to the few viewers and even fewer posting to social media about the show.

in fact all of them come off more and more as simply being invested in being on the teevee to show how incredible they are to the rest of the world.  Lee going after Ericka seems like a desperate measure to simply show he is a catch someone wants.  He reminds me of those latter years on The Real World where at least one of the guys immediately had to get one of the girls and make a couple as a means of validating what a stud he was.  Or pretty much any of the reality shows, no matter how contrived where there is always the cast member who has a significant other at home who is so important to them and yet is the first one to seek out a showmance.   

Joey just thinks cameras on him will add ten inches to his dick.  Or ten inches of dick to the men who will now band, I mean date him.

I don't know what Brian is really doing on the show other than perhaps hoping to give his store more exposure and simply air his demons of insecurity and translating them into some kind of petty cathartic "no one is good enough and I have the evidence archived on the dvr to prove it".

i suspect Ericka is attracted to vain and vapid men.   Some women inexplicably are.  I suspect that and perhaps a desire to use the show to open doors she has to struggle somewhat to get her foot in.  I can see her maybe hoping the show would garner fashion week seats and parties that she could network to meet the people on the next rung or so up the pop culture society in the metro area.  I think of them all, she isn't so much there for the right reasons (tm The Bachelor/ette) but that she is the most relaxed in letting herself enjoy it come what may.  I might be projecting but I think she is simply humoring Lee and finds him just attractive enough to pet on camera.  But that is it.  I think that she knows exactly how self-involved Lee is and how he is looking for nothing but the shiniest mirror in which to preen.  Her looks and charm are nothing but an adornment that tells the world what a fantastic person he is.

Tabusum seems a bit confused.  So far I'm starting to suspect one reason she is on air buddies with Joey is they have the same agenda.  Enhance their bangability for young hot men vain and shallow enough that otherwise wouldn't look the way of either Tab or Joey.  For all her allusion to ticking clocks, she seems more interested in just having something she finds hot gumming her lips in the bar she meets them at.  If that weird model wannabe had shifted his gaze from the spoon he was trying to leer at himself in for a minute he might still be on the air while Tabusum was practicing her braille technique on his abs. 

I think the show as some kind of dating exercise was failed from the start since there was almost no way they weren't going to cast famewhores and people who will love themselves way too much to every really love another.  They should have included some snarky couples therapist to give a narrative as to what they were actually about as opposed to what their talking heads have been trying to claim.

And I  hope Ericka shows Lee the door soon as I cannot stand his stilted "romantic" petting, pawing and licking much longer.  I have no doubt it is rough to seem natural with a camera. lights, and mic hanging over you plus the pack strapped across your back.  But his "smooth" attempts are just so bad and so put on for the show I keep waiting for Ericka to pull away and hear a "cut" in the background.

• Love 4

Tonight really hammered home how fake this is.  If you are in the Hamptons, and it is past noon and dark outside, what time space continuum do you have access to that lets you get back to NYC by car in time for Brian's party.  It is September.  it does not get full dark until 8 pm or later.  So stop lying when you can't be bothered to hide the evidence of your lies.  Watching the two tonight I am now wondering if Ericka and Lee were already a couple or a couple in the making when they went to the casting call.  There is too much overly faux earnest lovey dovey efforts.  It just screams carefully production tweaked Bachelor-esque to me.  it does not help that Lee is so incredibly smugly self conscious in every single movement and effort.  I wonder if the reason he reminds people of Obama is not because he is black with a certain look, but the fact that he has all the sincerity of a politician running for office (no offense Barack).

And then Trip shows up.  More like the siren call of the cameras than the more harpy-ish allure of Kerri.  Of course her date was horrible.  She did everything she could to wrong foot the guy and then sat and smirked in fake outrage that he took the bait.  And of all of them to get pissy that a date actually dared to be awkward?  Let alone on camera?  I do hope this show stays in video access online so every time any guy thinks about dating this shrew he can google the alert that helps him keep this womb out of the Darwin exchange.  And the trip is soooo impromptu.  Yeah right.  A trip that means a crew goes along to capture it in all its sudden impulsive glory?  Including filming permits?  C'mon show.  Try harder to pretend this is such an organic in-the-moment social experiment and not just the replacement for Gallery Girls' second season.

There was something really off for me with Joey's second date.  His voice was so cloying.  If it was an affectation I'm not sure I could sit through one drink without reaching over and just giving him a gentle slap alongside the head in hopes he would reset back to normal.  And the gushing exchange of how kind and wonderful each other was.  Blech.  He was just too on for the cameras.

Tabasum.  Yeah the hot Russian in a sleazy way (he looked like the poster child for Date You/Drug You/Sell You into Slave Trade) was sleazy.  But stop with the bullshit.  You dated the completely transparent famewhore because you wanted to be on camera with a hot younger guy to up your own stock.  You maybe even wanted to scratch an itch a little bit.  He was never into you and you know it.  So stop with the whole outrage he turned out exactly as he has been since he managed to squirm onto the tv.  It is clear he is hoping to somehow translate this failure on BRAVO's part into something else that involves cameras, him dimpling prettily and you...nowhere to be found. 

I'm wondering how many of these dates or even the daters were in BRAVO's rolodex from other show castings.  In fact Kerri's art ties make me wonder if she tried to get on Gallery Girls.  I wonder if you went through that show's footage with the various gallery openings and parties how many of these fame desperados made cameos?

Brian?   While the whole dick thing at his party got old real fast, I think if he had had any sense he would have flamed out earlier as a bachelor looking for love and just served as the greek chorus for the show.  I couldn't summon the schadenfreude delight at him trying to awkwardly not invite his date as it seemed just stupid.  I would have no problem telling a new date that no matter how much I enjoyed the date and might want a second, attending my birthday party the next evening as my date (and there was hardly any other capacity in which an otherwise complete stranger would attend a sitdown party) was just something that might place too much pressure on a new thing.  Plus I'm sure some PA made a point of making sure Joey mentioned the party and even perhaps suggested that he if liked the guy enough to invite him in front of Brian and his date.  Perhaps even whispered to Brian to not invite the girl since what little nattering the show draws seems more focused on Brian being a dick. 

Between this show and Jersey Belle I'm starting to wonder if we are seeing the significant decline in BRAVO's programming.  The housewives are crumbling.  And they went out of their way to try and sell this as a not-contrived-romantic singles who don't know each other but pretend they are now best friends show even though it is no matter how many times and tries they tell us otherwise.  I'm not good at remembering past years' schedules.  But it is end of September and the networks fall seasons have kicked off and there doesn't seem to be a NEW series in the upcoming weeks.  Is that normal?  Plus we have a couple of shows leaving and other than Top Chef I don't know any big draws from the past that are returning.

• Love 7

That's okay; I "liked" it for you, Heebiejeeb.  Excellent summation, and "harpy" is the perfect word for Kerry.

Re Bravo, I don't watch Jersey Belles, but tonight I followed up Below Deck with T#e Singles Project and had to purify myself with a big gargle of Listerine.  Not the namby-pamby blue stuff, either.  The original recipe battery acid.

Sidenote:  Someone asked in the Joey thread if he used a razor to shave the part into his hair and now I can't stop looking at it.

Darn, I missed this, and they haven't put it on On Demand yet. They keep moving this show around, I think, and yes the other programming stinks. I stopped watching Jersey Housewives and all the other current shows except Melbourne and Million Dollar Listing LA. The new Manzo program looks intolerable.

Edited by GussieK

I refuse to consider the Manzo show to be new.  It is merely Caroline refusing to tape with the others.  She's like the little spoiled brat who tries to run the playground games to her liking and her liking only.  Only to find herself all by her lonesome pushing sand in the sandbox and trying to pretend she is having fun.  As much as I loathe the current inception of RHONJ, I'm so hoping Caroline finds out just how much the tv audience could not care less about her and her loser children.

• Love 3

Producer set up or not, Tripp must not be the starving artist Kerry's mom thinks he is if he is whisking her away on a plane spontaneously to his lake house.  Or he at least comes from money.  Plus didn't he say he was finishing up a commissioned piece of artwork when Kerry called him after her other date?  I predict next episode Kerry's mom will have a turnaround on him (especially if she was watching this episode.)

I thought it was quite dickish of Joey to invite his date to Brian's birthday party in the middle of the date that obviously wasn't going so well for Brian.  While it made for a deliciously awkward moment, Joey should have waited til he was alone with his date to ask that.  But Joey is a.self centered and b. quite eager to move way fast with the men he goes out with.

I dunno why Tabisum was so pissed at her date.  If she keeps picking men because "they're hot", that's what she is going to get, a guy who wants to get in her pants.  In his defense, she DID age 7 years overnight.  Heh. 

• Love 4

I thought it was quite dickish of Joey to invite his date to Brian's birthday party in the middle of the date that obviously wasn't going so well for Brian.  While it made for a deliciously awkward moment, Joey should have waited til he was alone with his date to ask that.  But Joey is a.self centered and b. quite eager to move way fast with the men he goes out with.

Any one with one ounce of decorum knows not to mention a party amongst others when it is obvious that someone is not going to be invited.  I could've slapped Joey upside the head for that one.  Way to make the poor girl feel even more rejected and awkward than she must have already felt.  Although....I was spared from feeling entirely too sorry for her because she did absolutely nothing to extract herself from the situation and instead sat there with wide eyes and batting eyelashes as though she fully expected an invitation!!

Producer set up or not, Tripp must not be the starving artist Kerry's mom thinks he is if he is whisking her away on a plane spontaneously to his lake house.  Or he at least comes from money.

Completely agree.  I was irritated that he showed up at the party because I was happy when he shot Kerry down after she so generously admitted she was on another date. 

Kerry needs to know when to turn her "so cute/so quirky" schtick on and off.  Because it is just that....a schtick.  There's nothing natural there that she isn't fully aware of and completely doing on purpose.  Her date was so not picking up what she was putting down and her refusal to stop with the antics was just cringe worthy.  Couldn't she have made it through dinner with some polite conversation without having to run out the door after a horrifying tale of watermelon induced diarrhea?  Good God woman, get a grip. 

Ericka and Lee were like watching a super awful Lifetime movie version of some cheesy romance novel.  With all the whispering and oh so serious stares.  I found myself looking away while they were on.  Gack. 

• Love 3

I dunno why Tabisum was so pissed at her date.  If she keeps picking men because "they're hot", that's what she is going to get, a guy who wants to get in her pants.  In his defense, she DID age 7 years overnight.  Heh.

I seriously thought he said she'd aged 70 years overnight, due to her not wanting to bang him then. Hey, it worked in my head that way.

Kerry needs to know when to turn her "so cute/so quirky" schtick on and off.  Because it is just that....a schtick.

Amen to that. She is so affected in her speech and actions.

Joey should have waited til he was alone with his date to ask that.

He truly has no idea what manners, or decorum, are. He is obviously just trying to add notches to his belt and could care less about finding the right person for something long term.

• Love 1

I was happy when Tripp showed up!  I don't remember him asking Kerry to "go steady."  I can understand being hurt, but this kind of thing is not unusual when you first start dating someone.  Only in time will they both know if they want to only date each other. 

Tripp talking about "his" lake house?  Yea, you know it's his parents.  His parents probably subsidize his rent as he gets established.  Nothing wrong with that.  It looks like he has some talent.  Kerry's mother is still an asshole.

• Love 1

I was googling around and found some info about Tripp. He is actually partners in art with the ob/gyn guy who was also on the double date. The dr does art on the side. They have a big website. Tripp has been featured on Good Morning America and has done portraits for some well known people including Andy Cohen. Maybe that is how he got in the show? Most likely. Anyway, it sounds like he is doing okay.

• Love 1

I was googling around and found some info about Tripp. He is actually partners in art with the ob/gyn guy who was also on the double date. The dr does art on the side. They have a big website. Tripp has been featured on Good Morning America and has done portraits for some well known people including Andy Cohen. Maybe that is how he got in the show? Most likely. Anyway, it sounds like he is doing okay.

I'm telling ya,  Someone needs to sit through the season of Gallery Girls because I'd bet money he was in the background somewhere.  A friend says she swears he was in one of that Patti Stanger creature's seasons she did in NY but she tends to jumble her BRAVO shows together horribly since she has that channel on all the time and walks in and out and doesn't realize the show she started watching was over hours ago when she takes notice of what is on again.  Needless to say when cross promotional moments happen it blows her mind.  A Top Chef person on a Real housewives show, I think it was Sam on the NY show with Kelly,just about gave her a migraine.

--"Kerry, has your mother changed her mind about my son not being good enough for you?"

"Oh, [tee hee] that was really just my way of saying I'm not sure he's good enough for me."

--Tabasum hosts a big (open bar!) party. . .in honor of herself?  Every year?   :** (

Ericka:  more hand-painted black silk car coats, less Lee.

Joey:  everyone has now been made aware you're The Petri Dish Project.

Brian:  who?

• Love 1

Tripp seems like a pretty awesome guy.  Kerry is not an awesome girl.  I don't think they're a match at all.  Her overly dramatic display of nerves when meeting Tripp's Mom was painful to watch.  Again, I wholeheartedly believe it was more "schtick" and not genuine at all.  Why anyone would want to portray themselves as that much of a fool in the name of being "cute", I'll never know. 

What the heck happened between Ericka and Lee and why was it so overblown???  Once again, their slow-mo, super sexy, romantic displays made me want to wretch.  The pecking followed by his saying "more" literally made me change the channel.  Gag.

I feel kinda bad for Tabasum.  I feel like she doesn't really know what she's looking for and until she does some basic figuring of that out, she may continue to have a hard time.  Because the men that she seems to like and the kind of man who will give her what she's looking for seem worlds apart.  She seems like a good person so I wish her the best.

That Benefit They're Real mascara mention with Tabasum and her friend was odd. Great mascara, don't know that they needed to show it or talk about it.

Well that extreme closeup of tumorous caterpillars over her eyes sure didn't SELL any of it.

• Love 3

Ericka and Tabasum wear a LOT of make-up. Lordy.

How many women did Brian have to list to piece together his ideal woman? Bc Brian is perfect, right?

I hate people who throw birthday parties for themselves.

I hope Tripp figures out that he can do better than Kerri.

• Love 2