Type keyword(s) to search

Cosmic Love - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Is love written in the stars? That’s the age-old question Amazon Prime Video is trying to answer with its new show, Cosmic Love.

Cosmic Love is Prime Video’s upcoming reality TV dating show, where four singles—each of whom represent one of the four astrological elements: fire, earth, air and water—are matched with prospective spouses based on their zodiac signs.

The show is set at a romantic retreat run by a mystical and mysterious guide known as the Astro Chamber. Astrologers and bestselling authors, Ophira and Tali Edut (also known as The AstroTwins to their tens of thousands of readers), serve as the matchmakers for the singles, who date (and eliminate) a series of astrological matches with the hopes of finding The One. In the end, the contestants are faced with a choice of whether to marry their final match or leave single.

Wow, Phil has entitlement issues and rapist energy. Run, Phoebe, run! 

ETA: astrology (and the showrunners) really did wrong by Phoebe. Two of her matches were into other women in the cast, the third she obviously found unattractive and wasn't given enough time to see if her first opinion could change, and the 4th was Incel Phil. 

I wonder if there will be a second season.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1
On 8/12/2022 at 5:04 PM, NeenerNeener said:

I wonder if there will be a second season.

I think something about the format needs to change if there is.  This season was kind of a mess.  I ended up fast forwarding through some of the later episodes a bit because I realized I can't binge 10 episodes of a dating show.

It's a weird combination of Big Brother and Love Is Blind with an astrology twist.  I thought it was an interesting twist to let all the singles mingle and some of them mingled into one another.  Except--the four elements were trapped to only four options.  I want to know what would have happened if their strongest connection was with someone who didn't match them astrologically. 

And then they get married?  I wonder how many of them are still together.   And did we ever hear about Chris R.'s past?  All I remember is him talking about waiting to share his past with her but the next episode was the wedding.

I almost think it'd be better for them to date, pick their final 1 and they get a cash prize if their #1 is one of their astrological matches.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1

I watched.  I want a reunion show.  It would be nice if they followed up and let us know if the 3 couples that got married are still together.  

Phil was definitely something else.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, LakeGal said:

It would be nice if they followed up and let us know if the 3 couples that got married are still together.  

I saw an article that looked at social media follows.  Connor and Yana don't seem to interact much, don't follow each other and seem to live in different places.  That's not a shock. I was shock the very passive Connor actually proposed.

Pretty much the same situation for Maria and Chris R.  No social media follows and live in separate areas.  I'm not too surprised by that either.  He was too Phil-like.

Surprisingly, Noel and Jazmine still follow one another and I think live in the same state.  I wonder how faithful he is.

And Theresa and Darren apparently still interact on social media. 

• Useful 2

I wonder how legal those marriages were and how long it took each couple to call it quits after the reception. 

I liked the idea above to just let them mingle and see if they form a bond with an astrological match. But I suppose that could be gamed.

I just finished watching, this was one of the best reality shows I have watched inna while. the cast wasn't terribly annoying, I enjoyed the flow of the show (was a little fast for me to). I was shocked by the other romances, I wish we saw a little more of them just hanging around with each other and being a fly on the wall. Overall, I enjoyed it, there was drama, I was rooting for some and their love, I was annoyed and rolling my eyes. it was good, I hope there's a next season, it would be great. I didn't like Phil from the beginning, he was just annoying, like his act clearly wasn't working, so stop it (I know it's not as simple as turning it off lol), but that's what I want 😂 and I was annoyed by how offended he got. I can't remember her name, but blonde one, I felt, was very brave in what she said and she did it in front of everyone (maybe she shouldn't have done that with Phil, but whatever) and she handled everything else after pretty well. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, JuicyMango55 said:

I didn't like Phil from the beginning, he was just annoying, like his act clearly wasn't working, so stop it (I know it's not as simple as turning it off lol)

There should be a picture of Phil next to the definition of "Sex Pest" in the Urban Dictionary. He needs therapy to help him dial down his aggression and sense of entitlement, then maybe he could watch both seasons of FBoy Island and learn how the FBoys like Casey do it. His current shtick would have gotten him sent home first on FBoy.

• LOL 1

Guys, you aren't going to believe this but Amazon did a French version of this show that is coming out next month.  And I thought this was such a crazy season that I almost want to know if it's better in French.