Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E11: Family Vacation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, marybennet said:

Gotta Love Pop Culture Happy Hour!  They are so thoughtful about everything, while having a good time thinking.  I really appreciated them and their account of Top Chef.

Indeed! (And, for those old enough to remember, lol -- Linda adds the old school TWoP connection that so many of us miss around these parts.)

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, tljgator said:

Indeed! (And, for those old enough to remember, lol -- Linda adds the old school TWoP connection that so many of us miss around these parts.)

I'm  a former TWoPer. Forgot my name but I still have some awesome friendships from TWoP.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Solution said:

I'm  a former TWoPer. Forgot my name but I still have some awesome friendships from TWoP.

I was quiet back then--still pretty quiet online, in fact--but I was a TWoPer, too, when Linda was Miss Alli, writing Amazing Race recaps.  TWoP was great. 

And...something about Top Chef.  Maybe that I miss recaps as a thing and sort of wish we had them for Top Chef.  They were a way of seeing if somebody else interpreted an episode (or a raised eyebrow or a snicker) the way you did. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2

^wow! I mean, it's pretty darn standard, and what the heck was he doing with all his time when it was hanging out in the oven for 45 minutes? Honestly, I believe it's absolutely delicious, and I plan to try it, but .... 

On 5/14/2022 at 8:30 PM, Colleenna said:

ETA: My heart ached for Damarr,  that he was unable to have family there. 

Me, too. In the challenges that involve/evoke family, there is always someone who is at a disadvantage. In Kwame's season, he was so thrown by a challenge that brought up family trauma that he melted down and even cut himself.

Luckily while it was a bummer for Damarr, it didn't hold him back. It does make wonder -- if he didn't have an appropriate family/friend substitute who could step in, what would the show have done? Would they change the challenge?

I take this personally because that would be a problem if I were on! I only have two living family members, and neither would go on TV. No partner. No mentor. It would have to be a friend.