Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Three Ring Circus

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 hours ago, lexiexx said:

I don't get what you mean?

I thought there was also a comparison made between Aldo and Darlene, in terms of parental fails.  I've edited the post to remove that part.

Just in regard to Aldo and Harris being equally stupid and irresponsible here, I think he's the bigger screw up, because he's got kids he's not taking proper care of (they're little psychos not at all dealing with their mom's absence, and he's bringing in a teen bride to further disrupt their lives) and he's a lot older than her.  Of the two, he should be the one to know this wasn't a good idea in the first place, or at least realize it now, but instead he proposed, and I think she's going to be the one who comes to her senses and calls off the wedding.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Aldo is cartoonishly stupid. Like, he wouldn't have survived this long in real life stupid. It's kind of like how Mark got in the original series towards the end. When the characters really lean into cartoonish stereotypes, it means the writing is lazy. The show goes for the easiest jokes. 

Harris has been mostly unpleasant and abrasive all along but never struck me as cartoonishly stupid. If I was to try to rationalize her interest in Aldo I was have to assign it to desperation and defiance. It appears she's starting to see the light with Aldo after the discussion about having a baby, but it's hard to believe she'd ever been serious about someone so absurdly dumb. Again, it's just really lazy writing. 

Yeah it really is lazy writing.  Why not make that relationship have some legitimate issues, it wouldn't be hard to come up with some considering all the baggage he has.  Even his dad knows he's a loser.  Instead they just make him super, super dumb in a really unrealistic way.   He's written as a person who isn't smart enough to know better and they act like Harris is out of his league.  I don't think Harris is stupid or even has been written to be unrealistic, more like she has a personality disorder, anger issues and daddy issues.   Nobody except some other messed up and co dependent person would want her.  

Aldo is only the bigger screw up because he's so much older and has had more time to do dumb things.  

Edited by lexiexx
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Good gawd, I hope they don’t have Harris and/or Darlene pregnant in the season finale. Lazy writing, indeed. I mean, in the reboot of this reboot in 15 years, half these magical babies will disappear anyway.

This episode reminded me of an old movie called “All My Darling Daughters”, a Sunday afternoon staple in the olden days. Four sisters get married on the same day. At first, two decide to have a double wedding and then the third gets engaged so she joins in too. Then the youngest sister feels left out, so she and her boyfriend decide to get married too, how fun! ::eye roll:: Same level of common sense as the Connors. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Anyone else think Aldo might be more likable if he had a haircut? Something not in the 'surfer dude' line? Petty observation by me, but I just noticed long haired surfer dudes typically seem stupider to me.

(M_W indicates stupider is a valid usage.)

Edited by Colorado David
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Nah, he looks like he stinks,  shops at the family dollar young men's section, and wears jewelry from  a farmer's market store that also sells crystals and incense.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/12/2022 at 1:42 PM, RunningMarket said:

Wacky Jackie was in full force and it hurt my ears. OG Jackie would have enjoyed getting engaged/married, but would never have shrieked like a 12 year old at a Taylor Swift conce

Amen sister.  She is absolutely and I can't stand her

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, lexiexx said:

Nah, he looks like he stinks,  shops at the family dollar young men's section, and wears jewelry from  a farmer's market store that also sells crystals and incense.  

Nothing in this show had made me laugh but “shops at the family dollar young men section had me dying”

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/11/2022 at 11:31 PM, UYI said:

That opening scene went from 0 to 100 real quick, didn't it?

I have no real investment in Ben & Darlene, but if they wanted to elope, they had every damn right to do that, and not to involve themselves in whatever monstrosity Neville & Jackie/Aldo & Harris are getting into.

I appreciated the call back to how young Becky was when she eloped with Mark, including the concern about pushing Harris away--that is EXACTLY why Roseanne didn't fight Becky & Mark's marriage all that hard; she didn't want her to stop talking to them over their objections.

YAY Joe Walsh is back! :D 

Mark was also pretty down to earth, had a minimal age difference with Becky and didn't have two weird kids.

Edited by Wizardpatch
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Wizardpatch said:

Mark was also pretty down to earth, had a minimal age difference with Becky and didn't have two weird kids.

Touche. :P