Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: ANW Women’s Championship

• Start Topic

(edited)

No one watched this last night? I’m looking at on DVR now.

Got-dang, Michelle Warnky Buurma just bounced off that pad with her lower back. Could’ve been a lot more grisly.

ETA: Zhanique finally cleared Warped Wall. Good for her!

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

No one watched this last night? I’m looking at on DVR now.

Got-dang, Michelle Warnky Buurma just bounced off that pad with her lower back. Could’ve been a lot more grisly.

ETA: Zhanique finally cleared Warped Wall. Good for her!

I watched but I missed the first half. Was checking the prime time listings for the week earlier in the day and saw it was on, but I only had 8-11pm showing and didn't realize it started at 7. Just turned it on to watch the beginning; didn't see Michelle (and I heard them announce Zhanique but I was busy in the kitchen and didn't see her run). I'm happy with the winner. 

It was a good competition; filmed just after the finals last year I think. But yeah a strong field even if it came down to Meagan and Jesse again.

Next year will be interesting. There will be a lot of pressure on Meagan and Jesse to get to a showdown again to break the tie. But a lot of pressure as well for someone to beat either of them. :) 

• Love 1

I enjoyed it and would have been happy with either Flex or Meagan winning.  They're two of my favorites.

When does a regular season start?  Has one even been filmed?

@mlp, the regular season starts on June 6th.  

I foolishly did not set my DVR, but streamed it off of Comcast.  It will be active until 5/11, for any who might have missed it last night.

It really hit all of the buttons for me!  Great competition, women supporting one another, a tasteful cameo from Kacy Catanzaro, a nice opportunity for Jessie Graf to serve as commentator, and all of my favorite women ninjas, with a great final competition and a great win.  Plus, a few plucky new faces, and some very promising new women, Megan Rowe and Casey Rothschild.  And, aside from a bit of tedious story about Sandy Zimmerman, who is a great competitor and doesn't need all of the propping, tedious backstories were kept to a minimum, in favor of some really great runs.  

I hope Barclay Stockett gets better soon, because she is a favorite.  And i hope Jeri D'Aurelio and Tiana Webberley have great seasons ahead, because they're much better athletes and ninjas than this showed.  

• Love 4

Loved this championship and the one last year.  Would love to see Jessie Graf do it next year so I hope that she's healthy enough to do it.

I think the Power tower and the extended course is good for Meagan Martin because of her rock climbing skills.  To be honest, I previously thought that she didn't have the speed to race against some of the other women when it comes to time.  In contrast, I think both Flex and Graf are good all around athletes.  So before these championship series, I always considered both of them to be the best.  So it's nice to see Meagan doing so well.  I honestly cheer for all of them.

• Love 2