Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

On WWHL Andy asked if the robbers had been caught and Dorit said “I don’t believe so” which seems strange to me. Are they not getting updates on the case?

If they are, I would imagine that the police are asking them to keep any information close to the vest. I am really not comfortable speculating that Dorit was anything other than a victim here.

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Whoa, Andy!

Talking about the gals showing up at Dorit’s without glam…hell freezing over? No— more like snow in Pasadena.

😂👌👏

Loved Andy's side-shade at Erika with that comment!!!  

• Love 5

To get off the break-in story for one minute (but not really....) - what is it with these women, specifically Erika and Dorit wearing floppy, baggy, cheapy looking sweats?  They look like the sweats an old fashioned grandfather would wear.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

That truly must have been terrifying for Dorit.

ETA: Okay, Sutton, that was insensitive. But I understand that she has since apologized for her reaction, from what I understand. 

Well, Sutton’s reaction was my initial reaction since Dorit conveniently had her house broken into when they were in legal trouble a few seasons ago.

However, that was a truly frightening experience Dorit went through.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 12
58 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

And then P.K. shows up at Kyle’s. Did he at least stop by the house and check on the kids first? This…is puzzling. Even if the kids had no clue, I’d want to be with them.

I felt awful for Dorit and family as I’m assuming the robbery did occur.

what I felt like from seeing the footage at kyle’s was that the encounter presenting PK and Dorit as a first time reunion after the incident was for the cameras, and that they had likely reunited prior to this with the children but not on camera but Bravo wanted something on camera.

Who knows.  Glad they are all ok though.

• Love 10

which seems strange to me.

It's not, very few crimes are ever solved, especially robberies in Encino. If she was Kathy Hilton in Bel Air they might make a show of *trying* to find them, and then throw their hands up, but they aren't out there, working the case for Dorit. 

• Love 7
Just now, JonnieUniteUs said:

Also, when Garcelle arrived at Kyles and brought something for Dorit she said she didn’t know quite what to do so she brought her a crystal….

at first I thought she said she brought her a pistol.  Which I personally would have preferred to a crystal but it was a very nice thought.

And, why was Sutton so conspicuously absent from that "informal" gathering? 

I also want to know exactly how Kyle was able to go comfort Dorit in the morning (with no make-up) after the break-in and then, plan an impromptu dinner party that night with no notice.  I know it's doable, but usually these women need some time to get their caterers, etc.  Kyle is definitely showing her domestic side more and more.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think Sutton's reaction to Dorit was very wrong but very funny. I mean it wasn't cool and yes she is narcissist but I knew that already. I am 100% here for her NO Erika BULLSHIT stance with the ladies. No Kyle no one gives a FUCK if Erika went home and cried after she snarled at and threatened them, and snidely steals from orphans and lies about, and yes you absolutely are defending her. I think for Sutton she's projecting a lot of her Erika ish onto well probably everyone but Garcelle. I don't think either one of them trusts these women to speak the truth if they were dying. I'm also not convinced she was fully downloaded by Dorit face to face, unlike the other women, during her Kyle scene,  because she's not really all that friendly with anyone besides Cyrstal/Garcelle, so it's possible she was indifferent in a way she would not have been if she had heard from Dorit direct.

Erika and Rinna still ruining the show I see. I miss Kathy and it looks like they will run her off this year too. SOB.

and, why was Sutton so conspicuously absent from that "informal" gathering? 

It felt extra extra edited, I would bet the Sutton/Kyle scene was after the informal get together which Sutton couldn't got to and not before because she's that big an asshole. Also if Sutton was under reacting Kyle was overreacting. Lady it didn't happen to you, to it didn't even happen any where near you.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 23

I got the same tingly vibe hearing Dorit’s robbery story as I did when I first heard Jussie Smolett’s attack story. Just sayin’. 

I still don’t trust Crystal. She’s only “team Sutton” after learning how well liked Sutton is on social media. 

How is it that I still prefer Erika to Lisa Rinna? That’s how terrible Lisa is. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

You know, I'm so jaded by my feelings toward Erika that I find her comforting of Dorit suspect. She may have been genuinely concerned, but I don't believe a thing she says or does anymore. And by the same token, she has to be completely supportive of the other wives if she wants it in return.

Something was off with Sutton and her actions at Kyle's. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt until something else happens to change my mind.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yeah, I would feel the same way. Especially the first few nights. 

It MIGHT feel safer if she would turn the dang alarm system on (which she DIDN'T do) when the robbery happened.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Regarding the alarm, I suspect Dorit forgot to turn it on and was embarrassed to admit it under the circumstances. I know I forget to turn on my alarm at night about half the time. Some day if I get robbed at gunpoint with the alarm off, I suspect I will lie about it too.

Edited by bencr
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, bencr said:

Regarding the alarm, I suspect Dorit forgot to turn it on and was embarrassed to admit it. I know I forget to turn on my alarm at night about half the time. Some day if I get robbed at gunpoint with the alarm off, I suspect I will lie about it too.

I wondered if that's what happened to. But in this case, especially, she would look a lot better if she admitted that she thought she'd turned on the alarm and forget. Rather than admit that yes, she has an alarm system but she doesn't turn it on in case it does its job.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

Well, I went and watched it out of curiosity. I really don’t want to give this franchise my time and energy anymore. I found myself pretty bored with the episode. Sutton not giving a crap is kind of like how I feel too. I saw no real tears, just a lot of eye/face hiding and fake cry voice from Dorit who should have stayed home with her kids instead of socializing if it was that big a deal that just happened in her life. I saw no wetness from the eyes and heard no snoot from the nose that happens when people are Really crying. Also PK not going straight to the house, his home that had just been broken into and family threatened, when he got back from London, but instead he too went to the party. Just weird.

No! Air time and playing to the cameras is more important than the life threatening event that supposedly just happened to their family. Yeah, sure. I ain’t buying it. Didn’t then, and seeing this fake tears performance now, the day after, cements it for me. Maybe I am the cold one, but I cannot manifest the fake tears and emotion that Kyle seems to be a professional at doing. She had more real tears than the none I saw from Dorit.

Not getting dressed to the nines and putting on makeup, does not make you look like you’ve been crying. It just makes you look like you’re dressing down for sympathetic reaction.

Just as weird, were the two hooded burglars who gave off a female vibe, just casually moseying up to the back door, chatting like they were talking about the weather before the one used the glass breaking tool on the door. It didn’t give me “real burglar” vibes. No crouching and checking to see if anyone was behind the glass first.  It all looked fake and acted out to me. I saw the whole video in the past where they then moseyed out with the big blanket and then set a big flashing light at the gateway. What was that flashing light about? Was this the phone Dorit said they left her? What criminal would post a siren like strobe light at the spot they just burglarized?

If Sutton is seeing it the same way I am, then I completely understand her disinterest at talking about the false drama conjured up by the Look-at-poor-me person of the moment. It appears she’s just not into the lies, or giving them credence, like they were trying to force out of her with Ericas lying lies. Me neither.

This just seems to me to be similar to people who say, "well, if I were attacked, I'd react this way and since X person didn't react that was, he or she must be lying." It's a form of victim-blaming that sexual assault victims, for instance, constantly face. So Dorit didn't do things the way you perceive you would. That is not evidence of Dorit lying, it's just evidence that two people react differently to events.

I don't even particularly like Dorit but absent any real evidence that she is lying - and that evidence being more than "well, that's now how I would react" - then I see no reason to doubt her story. 

And in fact, as the Jessie Smollett case demonstrated, if Dorit and PK had somehow been involved, it would probably not be that difficult for the police to figure out pretty quickly. I mean, the risk for them to do this, given that they are both public figures and that the police were actually called (therefore risking a charge against them for falsely reporting a crime) is pretty high.

So, yeah, Dorit and PK have done some shady things but there is no evidence beyond people just not liking them to think this is fake, IMO.

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

You know, I'm so jaded by my feelings toward Erika that I find her comforting of Dorit suspect. She may have been genuinely concerned, but I don't believe a thing she says or does anymore. And by the same token, she has to be completely supportive of the other wives if she wants it in return.

Something was off with Sutton and her actions at Kyle's. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt until something else happens to change my mind.

I think they all had a “there but for the grace of God” moment (especially Kyle). Erika is probably relieved — for the time being, anyway — that she isn’t the center of attention, and I seriously doubt that if it were Sutton or Garcelle, she’d be there with the same hugs and deep concern. That said, Sutton’s reaction was truly Erika-esque, and I was a little surprised by it. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Axie said:

Am I the only one who thought PK forgot his phone just so there could be a scene of Dorit alone with her anguish?

Nope. You're not alone.  With you 100%.

7 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

I wondered if that's what happened to. But in this case, especially, she would look a lot better if she admitted that she thought she'd turned on the alarm and forget. Rather than admit that yes, she has an alarm system but she doesn't turn it on in case it does its job.

But that's exactly what she did and said it on WWHL.  Something about the kids walking around at night and possibly setting off the alarm.  It doesn't make good sense. But there it is.

• Love 6
Just now, goofygirl said:

And were there sirens, too? Just a tad over the top with the dramatics, IMO. It was a horrific experience. Don’t cheapen it by turning it into parody. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

This just seems to me to be similar to people who say, "well, if I were attacked, I'd react this way and since X person didn't react that was, he or she must be lying." It's a form of victim-blaming that sexual assault victims, for instance, constantly face. So Dorit didn't do things the way you perceive you would. That is not evidence of Dorit lying, it's just evidence that two people react differently to events.

I agree with this, even if I think there's a possibility it's a fake.  It isn't anything near why I feel it might not have happened.

• Love 8

The get together at Kyle’s house definitely was not the night after the robbery. There were plenty of flights from London to Los Angeles which would’ve gotten PK into LA earlier that day. And Dorit would not have left her children with an assistant.  I also think Sutton going over to Kyle’s did not take place that day. I think she was surprised about what they were talking about and therefore gave Kyle the side eye. Did you notice that Rinna said that that the first thing she did when she heard the news about the rate was to call Erika? Kyle, Erika, and Rinna know that the other housewives are way more popular that they themselves. The problem with having Erika back this season is that She could still be the villain.  And there is no chance that they will get rid of Rinna or Kyle the season. I can’t stand either of them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

But that's exactly what she did and said it on WWHL.  Something about the kids walking around at night and possibly setting off the alarm.  It doesn't make good sense. But there it is.

Oh, I know--I had just wondered at first if she wasn't lying about that as an excuse. And obviously I have no way of knowing, but either way, forgetting to turn on the alarm seems a lot better than having an alarm and never using it. Especially since, as others have said, alarm systems are usually made to allow you to walk around the house. It's not just kids who get up to go to the bathroom, after all!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

The get together at Kyle’s house definitely was not the night after the robbery. There were plenty of flights from London to Los Angeles which would’ve gotten PK into LA earlier that day. And Dorit would not have left her children with an assistant.  I also think Sutton going over to Kyle’s did not take place that day. I think she was surprised about what they were talking about and therefore gave Kyle the side eye. Did you notice that Rinna said that that the first thing she did when she heard the news about the rate was to call Erika? Kyle, Erika, and Rinna know that the other housewives are way more popular that they themselves. The problem with having Erika back this season is that She could still be the villain.  And there is no chance that they will get rid of Rinna or Kyle the season. I can’t stand either of them.

Yeah, the whole scene with Kyle/Sutton was off. And Sutton was definitely pissed. Given she and Garcelle were like the only ones to express sympathy for Tom's victims, I have trouble believing she'd been so blase about someone she knew having just gone through something so horrific. 

And PK has his faults but he seems to genuinely love Dorit and his kids. He was so upset at the get-together and Kyle's. I think he would've been in even worse shape though if that was literally the first time he'd seen her. It was touching how he kept breaking down. 

On lighter notes, I love seeing Garcelle and Sutton having a good time and being friends. #sutelle forever lol It's awesome to see a friendship grow organically. Hopefully Crystal will still be tight with them and away from the witch's coven. 

Erika was such a BITCH (what a shock) in her talking heads. She's really not even trying for sympathy except from amongst her gang. 

• Love 16

Glad I have DVR, had no idea it was premier night. Erika is still wretched. Dorit is dressed like she’s taken vows, and Sutton, well, I have no idea why she was that indifferent about the robbery. Yapping about your designer’s immigration issues is really not a good look. At least pretend to care?
 Yes, Rinna, I believe Harry Hamlin is 70, he just looks younger thanks to leaving you so much. Canada and his harem are good for the skin. No clue who the noobs are, guess they show up next time? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I don't believe the Dorit/PK meetup at Kyle was the day after the robbery. I remember reading that Dorit had taken a break from filming after it happened. (Understandably) I also don't think the Kyle and  Sutton talk was the same day that Kyle went to check on Dorit. I think there was some playing with the timeline so that the producers could craft the story. Sutton was insensitive -- but I'm wondering if her talk with Kyle was weeks after this really happened.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

I don't have an issue with anything that Sutton said, although I believe the editing is quirky. Outside of Garcelle, and I guess, Crystal, is she really that close to any of the other women that she needs to give a total shit about them?

• Love 17

3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I really, really like Sutton, but her reactions and comments to Dorit's situation were terrible.  She sounds like she has finally caught on and has drunk the Housewives' Narcissism kool-aid.

So out of character for her.  

It's not out of character for her.  She can be very self-centered.  Heck, even last season started with her being self-centered/woe is me.  She's can be a fun person when she cares. She can also completely ignore things she doesn't care about. So while I was surprised by her reaction, I also found it to be very on brand.  

3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

You wouldn’t leave it behind so it can be used you would destroy it at the least. These are some super kinda robbers for real 

I don't know what destroying the phone would do.  It's a loud thing to do.  It's a pointless act if there are any other phones in the house, which is usually likely.  She also has an alarm system that she could enable and set off to get aid to come to her. 

Telling her to count to 40 and grab the phone was actually pretty sophisticated.  Dorit was scared.  She was willing to follow rules.  And those rules gave the thieves time to get away from the house.  

2 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Also, when Garcelle arrived at Kyles and brought something for Dorit she said she didn’t know quite what to do so she brought her a crystal….

at first I thought she said she brought her a pistol.  Which I personally would have preferred to a crystal but it was a very nice thought.

That crystal looks like it could do some damage.  A perfect soap opera murder weapon. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think a lot can be said about Dorit and PK, but I don't believe they would stage a break-in with their two young kids at home (who easily could have woken up and have been traumatized). They all seem to have a genuine love and respect for one another. 

I poke fun at Dorit, but I don't get the feeling she would stage a crime. 

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Dorit said on WWHL that she did not turn the security system on because the kids could set it off when they get up in the middle of the night.

Guess she's doing that now.

I saw that interview, too. I could understand what she was saying if they had motion detectors inside the house, but if the system is on the doors/ windows,  I would want to know if the kids opened a door while I was asleep or in bed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Jack Terrier said:

Oof. Sutton girl…not a good start. Don’t let me down this season.

I know, right?  I'm just so confused by Sutton at times.  I really go back and forth with her, but was really glad she stood up to Erika last season.  I just don't know why she didn't have any sympathy for what happened with Dorit.  I was hoping she was on a great trajectory this year.

• Love 5

The important thing is HARRY'S 70th birthday party will proceed. Breathe relief.

Why was Erika such an asshole to Garcelle? "She had a gun to her head, Garcelle." Garcelle knows it was serious you cow.

I thought Sutton was cold at first, but then with the Erika nonsense maybe she thought this was another "story".

I wrote this elsewhere but, Kyle was full telenovela or silent movie with her histrionics. It didn't happen to you, Kyle.

• LOL 5
  • Love 18

While I don't necessarily believe that Dorito is lying about being robbed at gunpoint, I do think it is super bad luck after Dorito and PK were robbed just three years after their home which was on the market was robbed late in 2018. So two robberies less than three years apart, as this one happened in late Oct/21.  You would think that you would barely have time to collect insurance money on the first robbery and replace valuables before you were hit again. Dorito said that she didn't care about material things, but obviously cared enough to accumulate a bedspread full of stuff for the robbers to cart off the second time.

Now taking off my cynical hat, I do feel bad for Dorito. Like others though I don't understand how she could leave her children in the home where 2 or 3 (still not clear on that) robbers entered with a gun, I don't care who you are leaving the kids with. Apparently filming for Bravo was more important. Mind boggling to me.

That said, I do think Sutton was very cold. Which makes me wonder about the whole time line of the scene with Sutton and Kyle. It was a bit much for Sutton to toss it off, when she felt she had to hire security for a week after a comment from Erika. But Dorito held a gun point is not biggy, SMH. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I felt awful for Dorit and family as I’m assuming the robbery did occur.

what I felt like from seeing the footage at kyle’s was that the encounter presenting PK and Dorit as a first time reunion after the incident was for the cameras, and that they had likely reunited prior to this with the children but not on camera but Bravo wanted something on camera.

Who knows.  Glad they are all ok though.

I agree with all of this.  I do feel for her and am glad they're all okay.  My senior year in college, when we returned from Thanksgiving, my roommate returned to our house first, the door behind her was grabbed and a masked guy followed her into the house; she grabbed a knife from the kitchen and he got it from her; she ran up the stairs and he stabbed her legs through the banister, and then she finally screamed which scared him away!  I was thankful she was okay, and secretly glad she got there first!  That being said, I'm here to snark: 😁

It's quite obvious that they have played with the timeline quite a bit, which annoys me.  In addition to what others have already said,

They returned from London, and were so jet-lagged they had to go to bed - but there was time for a private karate lesson first?  

Re the get-together at Kyle's:  Dorit is ridiculous with her fashion; she has her own "Beverly Beach active-wear" line and we've seen her doing scenes in her house with PK many times in her workout/casual gear, but we're supposed to believe that somewhere in her giant closets she keeps a plain gray sweatsuit like Laverne and Shirley wore when they got the job at the fat farm?  Please, Dorit.

Then I couldn't stop from howling with laughter when she shows up in her Jackie Kennedy-at-a-funeral/Catholic schoolgirl headband, complete with cleavage, huge pumped lips and glamour lashes as she bows her head and quietly tries to work out a tear.  I do believe she went through a trauma, but these RHs are all wannabe actresses at some point, I guess.

As for Sutton - I hate her new hairdo.  But she looks great in her TH with the pink dress!

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
(edited)

Welp. 10 minutes in, mostly, f/fing, and I'm officially retiring from The Real Bullshit of Bravo. I just deleted BH from my DVR and that was the last franchise I watched. I.Just Cant.Anymore.

I'll check in here from time to time to.see what you all are saying. Good luck and God bless! 

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 22
17 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I think a lot can be said about Dorit and PK, but I don't believe they would stage a break-in with their two young kids at home (who easily could have woken up and have been traumatized). They all seem to have a genuine love and respect for one another. 

I poke fun at Dorit, but I don't get the feeling she would stage a crime. 

I had my doubts at first, but watching the surveillance tape and later seeing the busted door in broad daylight made it real. 

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Axie said:

Am I the only one who thought PK forgot his phone just so there could be a scene of Dorit alone with her anguish?

And then the car door conveniently left open so that the cameraman could get an artsy shot of filming a sobbing Door-it from the other side of the vehicle. So staged.

Sutton acting like a narcissistic space cadet at Kyle’s just gave the Fox Force Five something to hold over her head for the entire season.

Edited by dmeets
Despite what my phone thinks, dove and space are two different words
  • Love 17