Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E20: Work & Family

• Start Topic

NCIS investigates after two men are blown up by their own explosives while attempting to break into a military base. Also, Callen wants to take the next step with Anna, and Sam moves in with his father, Raymond.

Has Chris put on another 10 lbs between filming this ep and his being on Colbert's show last week? I should talk! Age can do that. A good excuse anyway.

I liked this change of pace, family-friendly episode. And they still managed to shoot people and blow things up. Interesting that even with the team not responding to the Admiral's call for all hands on deck (with no actual case at that time), they were all able to get to their assignments without physically checking in.

Is everybody satisfied now? No more baby talk if Kensie & Deeks adopt two ready-made "kids" instead.

• Love 2

Okay for their 300th epi.  I tend to zone out when Kensi/Deeks start their family talk but if they can adopt this girl which is where this has seen to be going for the past number of epis, it would be nice to not have to hear them yammer on about it.  Enough already.

It was nice to have Callen back working with Sam.  Who didn't see Arkady not blessing Callen and Anna's engagement/marriage?  That was more than obvious.

As for Sam and his Dad, that'll be interesting as you just know Dad is not going to be easy to deal with even with someone coming over to help out.  Again, this is fine as long as it doesn't over shadow the actual cases.

I liked everyone coming together at the end to take the bad guys down and I am totally fine with Kilbride wanting to unwind to some Tony Bennett.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/9/2022 at 12:22 AM, Bobbin said:

No more baby talk if Kensie & Deeks adopt two ready-made "kids" instead.

Huh?  did I miss one kid?  I admit I was not paying close attention but were there two undocumented teens?  I only saw them hugging on at the end and playing cards with one.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
(edited)
On 5/11/2022 at 3:48 PM, MissLucas said:

They were talking about adopting both Pilar and Rosa (?) - instead of giving any thought about what the heck was going on in the compound of crazies. Walking straight into a trap.

Thank you.  I literally did not realize there were two teens and two stories, nor could i have named them, that's how little attention I was paying.  Dull.  I have no intention of going back to rewatch either! 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
On 5/9/2022 at 2:08 PM, milkyaqua said:

Okay for their 300th epi. 

I didn't even realize this was the 300th episode. Usually, they do something a bit more special for milestones but, while we didn't get much undercover, it did feel a lot like the old days, so there's that. We got Callen and Sam working together, Killbride was okay and someone in the writer's room remembered Callen was team leader and allowed him to be that again. Thank you for that!

Did I miss something in the previous episode about Callen being let out of "detention"? Not that I mind that he was back, to the contrary, but why was it suddenly not dangerous for him anymore?

A part of me really wanted the helicopter Killbride took to get hit. Not that I wanted the characters to get killed but he was so snobbish about using that helicopter and then made this awful noise and put himself and two other people in completely unnecessary danger and it would have served him right if his arrogant actions had had consequences.

On 5/9/2022 at 2:08 PM, milkyaqua said:

It was nice to have Callen back working with Sam.  Who didn't see Arkady not blessing Callen and Anna's engagement/marriage?  That was more than obvious.

I didn't. But I did love how this was acted. I think Arkady and Callen/the actors play off each other well and I loved the dynamic in that scene. I also loved the deliver of Arkady's line when he told Callen that he and Anna should live together and make babies and then reconsidered that. He's great for comic relief every now and then. I also enjoyed the conversation Sam and Callen had on the subject afterwards.

I really enjoyed this episode too. Like others have said, everyone was in their pairings, Callen and Sam had their "witty" repartee going, yes, we had to deal with the adoption saga from Kensi and Deeks, but, theoretically, teenagers are more able to do things for them selves so don't need them both around every minute of the day, so they can continue being part of NCIS, but I am forseeing something more for Roundtree and Fatima.  Their working relationship seems very early Kensi and Deeks - they confided everything to each other and watched lots of movies etc together after works, just not on the big screen in the boatshed. 

I kind of cringed when Kensi and Deeks went in without back up and not knowing how many people were in there, that was a bit pathetic, but the bad guy getting hit by whatever Kilbride had was karma and somewhat satisfying. 

I love when Arkady is on, but even more when he annoys Sam too.  I didn't see him saying no though. 

Sam's dad is going to rock up at the boatshed one episode at a guess.  Maybe he will like the big screen there too :) 

For the 300th episode, I would have thought some sort of coming together at the end of the episode would have occurred.  As I haven't seen the last episode yet and it isn't that far into the future, I am assuming that type of celebration will happen then if there isn't a cliff hanger.  I will have to wait and see,   

• Love 1

Another thought about Killbride and the helicopter popped into my head: they had no idea what they were going to find. What seasoned military officer would take something as loud, not easy to hide and easily targeted as a helictopter to head into an unknown combat situation?