Eliminated 

1. Chris Tran (Fans)
  2. Dulan Hapuarachchi (Fans)
  3. Max Krapivsky (Fans)
  4. John Carasig (Faves)
  5. Christina Batista (Faves)

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
(edited)

Now he's been the first Favourites boot, I do feel sorry for John because it still seems as though they brought him back just so he could be in another relay challenge, which they even scheduled earlier than usual specifically for that purpose. And the guy knew he was toast for sure when in the bottom two with St Julie of Goodwin. 

Have we ever got rid of three immunity pins in the one challenge before?

I thought Aldo was going to get bagged for having made such a ridiculously simple dish but then I realised he used the magic word "nonna"!

I enjoyed tonight's episode more than most this season, which is good!

Edited by katisha
  • Love 3
(edited)

Egg-limination was rigged‼️

• The teams are unbalanced. Two of of the Faves have to sit out. First WTF.
  • During an immunity challenge, the judges have all the time in the world to taste all dishes. Suddenly in an important challenge like this - an elimination, they only want to taste 6??? Second WTF.
  • Three (3) dishes randomly picked from each team to decide the fate of their whole team. Judges said they will choose the dish that’s most appealing to them. Then why chose Minoli and John’s dishes to represent the Faves? Via careful and selective edit, we didn’t even get to see what were the dishes from other Faves. Third WTF.
  • Harry was acting so noble, did some “sacrifices” for Steph by handing her equipment/utensils etc. Ugh. Jess was doing this (helping others) regularly throughout her entire time in Back To Win and she didn’t humble-brag about it. It’s funny that in the end, Harry’s dish wasn’t even picked up.🤣
  • Why Steph was getting “princess” treatment from the Fans? Equipment being handed to her, crab meat being given to her. Just because she’s cooking chawanmushi that’s going to save her entire team?
  • Obviously Daniel is getting the “underdog edit” from the producers. Let’s see how long it will last.🤔 
  • Billie, WTF? You didn’t even try. Billie who’s known for her calmness and competitiveness, suddenly looking flustered and intimidated at the start of round 2. This didn’t sound like Billie that we know.
  • When it came down to Julie and John, we all knew it’s gonna be John. Julie will make it to Top 5 for sure.🙄
  • It’s very transparent that the producers are desperate to get rid of the Faves due to their stupid format.
  • It’s also obvious that they need to clear out some immunity pins too. Mission accomplished - 3 pins from 3 Faves in 1 challenge. 
  • Now I wish Harry will play her pin soonest possible, hopefully this will wipe off some smugness of her face!
  • At this point, I want all Fans to be eliminated one by one, then I can start watching Back To Win 2.0 😆

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • LOL 1

MCAU should come up with a Beloved Edition. Potential contestants - Aldo’s nonna, Laura’s nonna, Elise’s nonna, Tommy’s mom, Kishwar’s mom, Alvin’s mom, Minoli’s mom, Justin’s mom and Ben Ungermann’s aunty from Bali. 🤣

Hmmm… 🙄🙄🙄

B5C4D231-720C-4BF7-8B3E-5D397F945CE0.jpeg

• LOL 1

@SnazzyDaisy I agree with you that they rigged the judging a bit.  I think that they had to let a favorite go so as to keep the morale up for the fans.  They definitely didn't choose the 3 most appealing dishes from the favorites so the fans had a better chance.  That's just my take on it.  Frankly, I don't care who wins.  Fan, favorite, don't care.  I don't think Julie will be around for top 5, but I guess anything could happen.  I do feel like she definitely didn't want to be the first favorite to leave, and I don't blame her.  Now maybe she'll be a bit less stressed.  

I confess, I don't care much for Harry either.  I don't enjoy her energy.   I hope she has to use her pin soon so her head shrinks just a bit.  

Since a favorite was destined to leave this time, I think John was the right choice.  He has some good skills, but to me he is the weakest of the favorites.

Did anyone catch the editing blooper with Daniel?  When he was called up, they showed him leaving his bench with a mixing bowl in his hands.  The next shot of him walking shows him with his plate.  He must have been nervous and picked up the bowl by mistake lol.

• Useful 1

Despite feeling as long as the entire Godfather trilogy, today's episode at least got rid of a bunch of immunity pins. 

I thought Mel's feedback to Julie was possibly the most vague and useless criticism I've ever heard on this show: "I can see the hesitancy in your bacon. You should have floored it and mic dropped it."

I imagine even Andy was thinking, WTF? when he heard that. (Later on they said the rice was greasy, which . . . yes, that is clear.)

There seems to be an interesting range of cooking styles and many talented people on this season, but there are too many contestants, too many episodes, and some of the episodes are so long and feel even longer. As a viewer, those aren't huge issues because I can skip episodes and fast-forward, but it's not a sign that Masterchef is back in top form IMO.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, babs1226 said:

Did anyone catch the editing blooper with Daniel?  When he was called up, they showed him leaving his bench with a mixing bowl in his hands.  The next shot of him walking shows him with his plate.  He must have been nervous and picked up the bowl by mistake lol.

Ehh, I didn’t, which part? 😳

4 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Harry was acting so noble, did some “sacrifices” for Steph by handing her equipment/utensils etc. Ugh. Jess was doing this (helping others) regularly throughout her entire time in Back To Win and she didn’t humble-brag about it. It’s funny that in the end, Harry’s dish wasn’t even picked up.🤣

"I'll be the hero here and deliberately make my dish crap so that Steph will get best dish."  I think this must be the very definition of the humble brag!

• LOL 1

Any predictions out of who might be going home out of the two Fans and the two Favourites?  If they want to even things up with the teams, they might want to boot another Favourite, in which case my vote would probably be for Christina.  I like her but I think TPTB would see her as more expendable than the somewhat inexplicably popular Tommy, who I distinctly remember having ridiculously good luck in pressure tests during his season.  

• Love 1

I don’t like the way they edited E16. I want to see what Aldo, Michael, Alvin, Sarah and Ali cooked. There’s too much Daniel the cry baby in this episode, ugh! 😵

It’s so kind of Jock to recommend some books for Keyma to improve her plating.

Congrats Minoli for not cooking curry and still won the best dish. Cannot wait to see what the advantage will be for the Faves.

Montana should also cook belacan fried rice to be paired with that sambal.👍🏻

If I have to guess, Matt or Christina could be going home today.

Whoever styled Melissa and Andy should be fired. These outfits are hideous‼️

037DABF7-4C03-4803-9888-CCAD56D5DAEC.jpeg

• LOL 1
On 5/8/2022 at 12:58 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:
  • Billie, WTF? You didn’t even try. Billie who’s known for her calmness and competitiveness, suddenly looking flustered and intimidated at the start of round 2. This didn’t sound like Billie that we know.

Normally, I would be right there with you but seeing how Christina and Tommy cooked with their immunity pins last episode and then this episode, it might have been a wise decision from Billie to just give up the pin without cooking. She doesn't have to stress about what to make and she can start fresh without recalling her 2nd attempted dish leading into the next episode. I think Harry hasn't cooked as well since being in the bottom 3 with her immunity pin either.

Minoli's dish looked fantastic! Montana's really lucky to get shrimp paste as the feature ingredient. I would have liked to work with shrimp paste because it is so yummy.

Not liking the editing this year. It's really weird when they don't feature a bad dish and then the judges suddenly spring the result as a surprise. They should have focused more on Matt's bad dish and less on some of the other bad dishes. It would have been good to see what others made too.

Christina's likely going to leave next. She already has 2 strikes against her: being female and a favourite.

The guys this year are not up to par compared to the ladies. I wonder if we could see a top 10 filled with 9 women and Michael.

6 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Whoever styled Melissa and Andy should be fired. These outfits are hideous‼️

Yeah, someone as beautiful as Melissa doesn't need to wear something 10 sizes too large for her!

• Love 1

Well, we called it re who went home.  Tommy still has nine lives!

Now I want some of that pecan tart, and I want Gareth to bring it to me shirtless and covered in whipped Chantilly cream.  There's a tasty dish. 🤤🤤🤤 Hey, I'm old, not blind! 🤣

• LOL 1

I can't work out what to make of Mindy.  I mean, she's got her own restaurant in Byron, so she's literally a professional.  She seems uber confident and pretty bossy and this is the second service where she's taken control of a course she seemed extremely sure would be a winning one, and both times others in the Favourites team have allowed her to do this...and neither dish has been a winning one.  I think they need to tell her to pull her head in.  I mean, Sashi also runs his own restaurant but in the last two challenges he's been perfectly happy to be a "sous chef" helping out whilst others directed what happened with the dish.  He has the wisdom to know when it's appropriate to take over i.e. obviously in a curry or spices-related challenge he'd be running things, but he was more than happy to have Michael take the lead.  Mindy might need to take a leaf out of his book, I think.  (Also, has it ever been mentioned that Mindy is Indigenous?)

Thank God Harry isn't part of the trio of Fans who keep kicking the Favourites' butt in the dessert section of the service challenges because her head wouldn't fit thorugh the door.

• Love 2

Probably due to experience, but I think the old judges were better at fudging their feedback.  These judges are too transparent to me.  The salad the fans made looked ok to me, but there was absolutely no mention of whether or not there was enough honey flavor.  The pate was wrong because it was made in a blender?   As far as the desserts went, there was so much cherry on the favorites' dish that it is extremely hard to believe the dominant flavor was chocolate.  Especially since Billie is very good at balancing flavors.  On desserts as well, this is the second time someone stepped in to help the fans with their dessert.   I know they want to keep the fans in the competition, but they are just too obvious to me.

• Love 1

Masterclass in elegant restraint? WTF judges, their parfait collapsed‼️

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I seriously hope the Fans’ dessert “dream team” and Harry will NOT win immunity pin tomorrow. Their heads are getting bigger and bigger now. Am rooting for Ali, Keyma or Matt to win.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why delayed service in MCAU challenge doesn’t have any repercussion? It’s not fair to those who manage to serve on time.

The Fans’ main team wasted so much time on the hibachi. What’s wrong with using the good ‘ol pan? 🤦🏻‍♀️

If the Fans’ entrée team was in Gordon Ramsay service challenge, they will be thrown out of the kitchen for taking 2 hours to prepare that “special” salad and still need extra time to start serving.

But hey, Harry can do no wrong, right judges?

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

9AA8ED63-9171-4D12-AD80-E4462575BDF8.jpeg

giphy.gif

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Wish granted. Congrats Ali for winning your first immunity!

As team ABHOM (anyone but Harry or Montana - not so keen on her either) I was happy to see the "old lady" (who's three years younger than me) chalk up a win!  Go, Ali!

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, katisha said:

As team ABHOM (anyone but Harry or Montana - not so keen on her either) I was happy to see the "old lady" (who's three years younger than me) chalk up a win!  Go, Ali!

ABHOM? That’s creative! 👍🏻😂

I love Ali’s accent, every time she speaks, I pay attention.

On top of Harry, am not a fan of the whole dessert dream team. Am expecting a “drama” manufactured by the producers when one of them is going home.

Am starting to like Matt, didn’t expect him to be quite good in cooking tart.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 1

That was the worst elimination speech I can recall ever seeing.  Does anyone recall an elimination where a judge told someone they were going home before telling them what was wrong with the dish?  I am not going to spoil who it was, but the contestant deserved much better.  Andy really needs to work on his communication skills.