Type keyword(s) to search

Toonami: Anime for Insomniacs

• Start Topic

Hunter x Hunter has 1 more episode, The Promised Neverland 2 episodes, and SOA-A 4 episodes left. I know the new Gundam series is scheduled to start July 6 so that looks to be the Neverland replacement. Any other news?

3 hours ago, Terrafamilia said:

Hunter x Hunter has 1 more episode, The Promised Neverland 2 episodes, and SOA-A 4 episodes left. I know the new Gundam series is scheduled to start July 6 so that looks to be the Neverland replacement. Any other news?

I found this on Toonami's Facebook:

We’re running “the best” Hunter x Hunter episode ever, but we need YOUR help picking it. Which of these is your favorite episode?

Episode #126 – “Zero x and x Rose”
Episode #135 – “This Day × And × This Moment”

We’ll run the winner on 6/29 - Thanks!

So I guess Gundam: The Origin will fill that slot. More likely, it'll air before 1 a.m., and the other shows would be shifted around yet again.

We're getting the AoT dub only a few weeks behind the Japanese broadcast, so I'm hoping they'll announce One Punch Man season 2 soon. It started running in April. There is also the completed Mob Psycho 100 season 2, but I've no idea if the rating were enough to warrant them acquiring it.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

We're getting the AoT dub only a few weeks behind the Japanese broadcast, so I'm hoping they'll announce One Punch Man season 2 soon. It started running in April. There is also the completed Mob Psycho 100 season 2, but I've no idea if the rating were enough to warrant them acquiring it.

I hope we get either or both of ONE's series soon. That dopey Mob grew on me. Same with Reigen. And I'm still holding out hope they're bring back One Piece. I mean, if they're set on airing all of Naruto . . .

I'm only part way through the dub but Mob Psycho 100 season 2 is amazing.  I liked season 1 but season 2 is a significant upgrade.  I kind of hope they pick that up and One Punch Man despite the lackluster reviews I've been seeing.  

(edited)

Toonami has heard the fans. "We want anime about cooking where tasters are so delighted, they practically orgasm!!!!! Oh, and My Hero Academia moved to the end of the block at 3:30 a.m." I reckon Toonami has hearing problems.

Edited by Lantern7
4 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Toonami has heard the fans. "We want anime about cooking where tasters are so delighted, they practically orgasm!!!!!

They're going to show Yakitate!! Japan?

6 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

MHA moved to 3:30am? Screw you Toonami.

My move would’ve been Lupin the 3rd Part 5, on account it feels more “adult.” 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Speaking of which, would anyone be interested in s Lupin-based thread? I just wouldn’t want it to be just me in there.

17 hours ago, lathspel said:

Seems like Food Wars is aiming to be the JoJo bizarre replacement?  Possibly crossed with Kill la Kill.  I’m willing to give it a try.  

I think it's more Black Clover or My Hero Academia, only without magic or Quirks. I hear it's a good anime There's supposed to be a stanalone special where Sanji from One Piece drops by.

Just a heads up but my TV listing (Verizon Fios) isn't showing any of these shows as new for May 6th (and it doesn't have Gundam or Food Wars).  So you might want to check to make sure they record if you dvr these shows like I do.

I am confused. The latest edition of Sword Art Online ended this past Saturday . . . and I don't know what will be replacing it. As a matter of fact, I don't see what Toonami will be doing this Saturday night. Is anyone else having that problem?

gen:LOCK looks like it could be an ok show. The visuals look a lot like the cutscenes in the Mechwarrior video games. Shouldn't be on Toonami, since it's not anime, but it looks ok.

40 minutes ago, Sandman87 said:

gen:LOCK looks like it could be an ok show. The visuals look a lot like the cutscenes in the Mechwarrior video games. Shouldn't be on Toonami, since it's not anime, but it looks ok.

Was Samurai Jack an anime?

I haven't been watching too hard . . . any promos for Fire Force? Or is it a thing where the acquisition of the property and the air date are so close, a teaser couldn't have been made that quickly?

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Sandman87 said:

Didn't see any promos for Fire Force last night

I've heard that the original Japanese airing (not the Toonami ones) did not happen this week, for obvious reasons.  It could be that that has also affected this deal for a little while.

Edited by SVNBob
2 hours ago, SVNBob said:

I've heard that the original Japanese airing (not the Toonami ones) did not happen this week, for obvious reasons.  It could be that that has also affected this deal for a little while.

Huh. That puts CN/[as]/Toonami in a pickle. If there's a minimal amount of time between Japan and U.S. episode premieres, then what would Toonami run? Maybe gen:LOCK gets plugged in earlier than expected, and that'swhy we got the teasers.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:05 PM, lathspel said:

gen:Lock starting next weekend 8/3, or no?  It’s not showing on my DVR and I’m planning ahead for a vacation.  

Yes. Attack on Titan has wrapped up, and gen:Lock will be airing at 11:30 p.m.

Any reactions to Fire Force? It's like the protagonist's life has to suck that friggin' hard in order to even register with the otaku.

Young Shinra: Look, Mommy! I'm gonna be a hero!

Mrs. Kusakabe: I love you, son! And now I'm gonna burst into flame and become an Infernal.

Young Shinra: NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Neighbors: His mother died and his brother got burnt to a crisp, and he's walking around free? Look at that wicked smile!

Young Shinra: It's a facial thing. Anytime I get nervous, I look like I'm grinning, and-

Neighbors: HE IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!

Young Shinra: Well, at least my grandmother can take me in.

Grandma: DEVIL! EVIL!! MURDERER!!!!!

[wavy SFX to the present day]

Shinra:  . . . and now I use my Third Generation pyrokinesis to join Special Fire Force Company 8 and save lives! Also, maybe figure out why we got a religious bent going here. It's not that we got a sexy nun, but there is a nun and she is attractive. Better than Sister Lily over on Black Clover, anyway.

• LOL 1

I can save the brainy guy on Dr. Stone a whole lot of trouble on that brandy making project: Just make some wine and then stick it out in the snow until it gets slushy. Discard the ice, and the remaining liquid will have a significantly higher alcohol content.

Dr. Stone thread is now up.

On 8/25/2019 at 3:55 AM, Sandman87 said:

I can save the brainy guy on Dr. Stone a whole lot of trouble on that brandy making project: Just make some wine and then stick it out in the snow until it gets slushy. Discard the ice, and the remaining liquid will have a significantly higher alcohol content.

I don't think Senku would immediately remember how one would get liquored up. I'm guessing he seldom went to keggers (or the Japanese equivalent).